PDA

View Full Version : not running smooth vibrating

ma081010
02-12-2011, 12:28 PM
hi guys i have an b18c eg and its been treating me so good until this nightmare came.

Everytime i rev it up in 1st and 2nd gear it was fine, then when i tried to floor the pedal or rev up in third gear the car started to vibrate and revs slowly.

P.S. it has an oil leak before and i sprayed degreaser and water on the engine but i avoid splashing them onto the dizzy. Probably some still got into the dizzy but what else problem could it be?

can anyone tell me whats happening?

cheers

IV73CI
02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
did you put crappy below 98 ron / fuel?

this happens to be sometimes if i put fuel and trying to hit vtec and then it doesnt go anywhere...coz of the shit fuel that i filled up with.

do u get any CEL codes whilst trying to hit higher rpms?

check your ignition timing.
check fuel delivery

if your map sensor is stuffed, it could affect the performance of your car especially at higher RPM's as the intake is trying to suck up alot of air and if the map sensor is stuffed, this will cause crappy power.

stndrd
02-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Pull out your plugs & check them. Could possibly a melted spark plug due to water getting into the spark plug tubes & the leads shorting out thru the water.

Otherwise pull your dizzie cap off & blow it out with an air blower & test drive it