PDA

View Full Version : Water inside euro headlight

learner
21-02-2005, 05:38 PM
after the rain last two days... i found out there are some water inside the driver's side headlight... gonna go to the dealer later...
anyone have this problem??

here are some pic of it.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~tommi/ozHonda/Water/01.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~tommi/ozHonda/Water/02.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~tommi/ozHonda/Water/03.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~tommi/ozHonda/Water/04.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~tommi/ozHonda/Water/05.jpg

|N|
21-02-2005, 05:39 PM
this is a common problem with the euro ... take it to the dealer ... they ll fix it up for ya (free)...

Pum[Z]
21-02-2005, 05:45 PM
That is definetly under warranty. Just bring it to honda and they will rectify it...

Don't have it on my euro.. But when my euro was at the panel beaters i had to hire a camry and that car had water in the headlights as well like urs...

learner
21-02-2005, 05:47 PM
common problem... really?
are they on da driver's side as well?
so there are many faulty handlight on euro?

yfin
21-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Yes - known problem that impacts some Euros. They will most likely replace the headlight

EuroAccord13
21-02-2005, 07:59 PM
MMMM.. I should go check mine out too....

industrie
21-02-2005, 11:43 PM
that just means you have a broken seal or something in y our headlight..it happened with another car...just get it replaced

DaPlaya
21-02-2005, 11:46 PM
i always thought it was normal for that to happen after a long period of rain. If left alone, won't the water just evaporate in a few days...?

D16Y
21-02-2005, 11:52 PM
i always thought it was normal for that to happen after a long period of rain. If left alone, won't the water just evaporate in a few days...?
its not normal mate, esp. on a euro

PNR888
23-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Yes - known problem that impacts some Euros. They will most likely replace the headlight

Never happen to my Nov 2003 Euro.

On the topic of headlights. I think my HIDs are not as bright as they are used to be. Anyone with 03 or early 04's Euro Luxury has this same problem? Can age of battery affect the brightness of HIDs?

Gibbo
23-02-2005, 01:42 PM
the bulb in the hid is probly getting old (if these work in the same way as sodium vapour lights) ask honda if the bulbs have a life ? I think you will find that they do...Let us know either way.
cheers

euro77
23-02-2005, 10:41 PM
My euro never have water inside the headlight, even though it is always parked outside, so it's definitely not normal. Go get the dealer fix it for you (make sure it's free since it is under warranty).

Reagan
23-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah I had the same problem, they replaced it and did not allow me to keep the spare part lol, after they replace it they wash your car also =)

Pum[Z]
24-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Honda always washes the cars hey...

But thats pretty wierd after just changing ur headlight they wash ur car uhehehhehee....

Reagan
24-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah it is abit weird, its part of the service i guess after they thrash your car down the hume highway and redline the hell out of it to compensate for the headlights =)

sodaz
24-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I haven't encounted that problem so far. Does it affect most Euros? I got mine late 2004.

PERTH_EURO
18-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Mine has this problem too.
Has for about a month or so. (not in perth often to get it fixed)

I finally got around to ringing Burswood Honda. I didnt buy the car from them, but they are the closest dealer.
Have had my car serviced there once, wasnt fussed with service.

Anyways the guy there goes just leave your car parked, engine running and headlights on for a couple of hrs and it will dry out.
At this point im getting pissed off with the guy after discussions. I tell him how it should be warranty and that its actually illegal at moment.

"oh mate it happens to euro, they are open headlight at back and have a silica sachel in there to absorb the moisture"
"we used to replace em but now we asess how much water is in there, and either dry it out or replace it. We dont replace many theres days"
"if you really want to bring it in we can dry it for you, but may as well do it yourself"

I was well pissed at this stage and say goodbye and hang up.

Rang Honda North, guy goes, "no worries had a few of them latley, what side is it and when can you bring the car in?"

Next wed thanks mate :thumbsup:

So Burswood Honda you can shove your service up ur backside, even though ive gotta drive accross town, my car will be going to Honda North from now on.

Pum[Z]
18-05-2005, 10:55 PM
That definetly is a warranty thing Timbo...

U might as well try Prestige Honda hehhehehee... Or is that too far for ya..

PERTH_EURO
18-05-2005, 11:56 PM
nah prestige is another i could try

i will get headlight done at north and next service at prestige
not going back to burswood but

ABS121
19-05-2005, 10:20 AM
I just took my Euro in to get a few things looked at and that was one of them, spoke to the mechanic and he said the housing has 2 holes in it to let heat escape from the housing, when you have the head lights on for an extended period or in humid weather the housing draws moisture in through the holes and as such it shows up occasionally as condensation on the lens. Its not really an issue unless there is standing water in the housing itself.

arozena
19-05-2005, 10:45 AM
It's actually a problem with most accords.
They fix it for free normally - especially under warranty.

If it doesn't go away after a while, it can damage the lights/HIDs if left for a long period of time.

If you own any car - it's really best to keep it in a garage - especially if you want a higher resale value and lower comprehensive.

K :honda:

EURO-R
19-05-2005, 11:09 AM
My 04 Euro headlights don't have this problem. is it also happen after washing your car?

VirIIx
19-05-2005, 11:16 AM
My Aug 04 Euro hasn't had this problem yet, and it's always parked outside on an incline too, so the water would always run down to my headlights. Though the headlight protectors always fog up

The brightness still seems the same as well, and i use my headlights quite a bit, in the mornings to work (upto 1 hour) and then also on the drive home (upto 2hrs). Also used in rain, and when it's even greyish and dark i'll sometimes have them on.

I certainly hope they last for quite awhile, replacement bulbs for HID are expensive :|

yfin
19-05-2005, 11:42 AM
I have had the same problem. I took it to Gary Warren Smith Honda in Oakleigh at my last service. I specifically instructed them to change the headlight as I did not want to come back as it is a huge inconvenience for me (they need the car for the whole day).

I explained this was a common problem, etc, etc. They agreed. They said it will not be a problem but a technician needs to inspect the light as there is a Honda instruction on this issue.

When I picked up the car I was told they did not need to change the headlight as it was just condensation and it would dry out. I was told this is nothing to worry about unless I see lots of water filling up the light (not just condensation).

3 weeks later and a car wash and the light is completely clouded. It has not dried out at all. It looks ridiculous.

I called up the dealer and told them the car is not roadworthy and I am not going to accept the "fix" they suggested - ie do nothing.

They have now agreed to replace the headilght. Little too late. I am not going there anymore - they lost a customer.

VirIIx
19-05-2005, 02:14 PM
yfin, did you get the headlights changed eventually and did the same problem occur afterwards?

yfin
19-05-2005, 02:45 PM
yfin, did you get the headlights changed eventually and did the same problem occur afterwards?

I haven't changed the headlight yet - still clouded. It is too much of a hassle for me to be without the car. I will get it done when I move to Perth soon and have a few days off.

BLKek
19-05-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't see why these dealers would be worried about replacing a warrantee item, its a Honda cost, not a dealer cost, I thought Honda Aust. would be reinbursing the dealer for part and labour? or are the dealers claiming the item but not doing the proper work, hmmm...

baboo
19-05-2005, 03:56 PM
I think the dealers are loosing out on labour costs if it's a warranty job.

learner
19-05-2005, 04:58 PM
for me...
i took my camera with me to show them how bad it is...
once i told them they change a new one for me...

dealer : Rick Damelian , sydney

aaronng
19-05-2005, 05:07 PM
I thought for warranty work, the dealer is reimbursed for labour as well?

learner
19-05-2005, 05:19 PM
I thought for warranty work, the dealer is reimbursed for labour as well?

yea... i didnt pay a cent to get that change

Pum[Z]
19-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Well the dealer must charge honda the labour because they have to recuop some of its losses with warranty issues...

Maybe Honda pays the labour but at a reduced rate...

MiSloVic
19-05-2005, 06:57 PM
believe there was a recall on some earlier euro batches on the leaky headlights issues.. apparently, it is risky enough to warrant a recall, as 1 has short-circuited and caught fire in singapore.

PERTH_EURO
19-05-2005, 09:02 PM
I haven't changed the headlight yet - still clouded. It is too much of a hassle for me to be without the car. I will get it done when I move to Perth soon and have a few days off.

what what what ur joining us on the westside.... wikked.
Whens this going down... dont go to Burswood Honda Hey!!

yfin
20-05-2005, 12:55 PM
what what what ur joining us on the westside.... wikked.
Whens this going down... dont go to Burswood Honda Hey!!

aye - Ali G says west side is da best. I will be in perth from 11 June for 6 months. Work is putting me up at a house in Scarborough. Euro trucked across :thumbsup: . Would be great to meet the Perth Euro people once I have settled in. You will probably see me around with Vic plates on a Euro - not sure how often that happens in Perth.

PERTH_EURO
20-05-2005, 01:11 PM
not often

Pum[Z]
20-05-2005, 01:27 PM
aye - Ali G says west side is da best. I will be in perth from 11 June for 6 months. Work is putting me up at a house in Scarborough. Euro trucked across :thumbsup: . Would be great to meet the Perth Euro people once I have settled in. You will probably see me around with Vic plates on a Euro - not sure how often that happens in Perth.

Scarborough hey Yfin.. Thats near the beach.. But its up north.. Gonna have fun in peak hour traffic when u live up north.. Well u can meet up with me & Timbo when ur in Perth Yfin...

yfin
22-05-2005, 09:13 PM
']Scarborough hey Yfin.. Thats near the beach.. But its up north.. Gonna have fun in peak hour traffic when u live up north.. Well u can meet up with me & Timbo when ur in Perth Yfin...

Sounds good - I think I will visit North Honda for the headlight fix too. Just looked it up in the street directory - not too far from where I am living.

Peak hour traffic? I live in Melbourne - I think Perth peak hour is like driving into Melbourne CBD on a Saturday afternoon!

I tried drying the headlight out with a heater - doesn't really work well. How do the dealers dry it out? Not so keen on letting the car idle for a few hours.

PERTH_EURO
22-05-2005, 09:27 PM
well the guy at north said is was going to be changed out.

Will let you know what happens. It gets done on wed

All WA euro owners will have to catch up. I ment to organise one in april..... but didnt work out... it will happen!!! :thumbsup:

PERTH_EURO
25-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Just noticed that the low beam globe has gone on the side the water is on.

I think they will be replacing that too.
Happens tommorow morning

PERTH_EURO
25-05-2005, 03:07 PM
faaaaaaaaaaar out... this car is cursed.

Got it back from Honda, complete new replacement headlight assembley.
But.......... main beam does still not work. Turns out that the condensation had dripped into the high voltage converter thingo and it needs replacing... fine... but none in state, has to come from over east.. so car has to go back, bumber removed again blah blah blah.... .
I just wanna enjoy my car damit.... do you think they would mind if i asked to fit Injen when the front bar is off lol :)

stephen8512
25-05-2005, 03:20 PM
hmm timbo, could u ask em how the bumper comes off? like, any other bits that need to be disconnected besides the foggies? e.g HID washers? cuz as u know i already ordered INJEN CAI ( thnx again for link mate :thumbsup: ) and yeah still sorta iffy about the HID washers cuz all the pple who have done the injen CAI conversion all had normal euros/TSX. and mike's one is still in SRI mode so yeah....
if u could ask it'd be appreciated mate :D

PERTH_EURO
25-05-2005, 03:37 PM
im doing mine this arvo hopefully. If i end up going the bumper removal ill post it up here!!

Pum[Z]
25-05-2005, 08:18 PM
hmm timbo, could u ask em how the bumper comes off? like, any other bits that need to be disconnected besides the foggies? e.g HID washers? cuz as u know i already ordered INJEN CAI ( thnx again for link mate :thumbsup: ) and yeah still sorta iffy about the HID washers cuz all the pple who have done the injen CAI conversion all had normal euros/TSX. and mike's one is still in SRI mode so yeah....
if u could ask it'd be appreciated mate :D

It shouldn't be that hard to remove ur bumper Stephen.. Ur foglights have clips to remove the wires...

The HID washers... mmm helped my friends S2000 when we were putting the Injen CAI in... When removing the bumper the HID hose has to be removed and plugged fast.. If not the water comes out onto the floor...

stephen8512
25-05-2005, 10:47 PM
ah serious? hmm interesting. ...thanks mike :D :thumbsup:

PNR888
19-12-2005, 11:31 PM
I finally got a chance to give my car a good wash yesterday. Halfway through it, I had to move my car so my wife can drive her car out of the garage.
when I resume the car wash, I discovered the drivers side headlight has condensation/fog/cloud build-up. OMG, this predisposed genetic disease has finally manifested on my euro. Luckily, the condensation went away about 20 - 30 minutes later, and never come back. (because the car is already dry).

Should I wait and see (wait till next car wash or rain)? or should I need report to Honda dealer incase of possibility leading to HID failure?

Interesting enough, looks like it all happened on driver's side headlight. Any happends on passanger side?

raz05
20-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Same here, happen on the driver side after a good wash or heavy rain.

Reagan
20-12-2005, 09:20 AM
mine was both sides, mainly on the drivers side

PERTH_EURO
20-12-2005, 05:28 PM
the condensation in mine did lead to HID failure. But mine never dried out. Complete replacement came way way including new globe

Matell
20-12-2005, 08:51 PM
I finally got a chance to give my car a good wash yesterday. Halfway through it, I had to move my car so my wife can drive her car out of the garage.
when I resume the car wash, I discovered the drivers side headlight has condensation/fog/cloud build-up. OMG, this predisposed genetic disease has finally manifested on my euro. Luckily, the condensation went away about 20 - 30 minutes later, and never come back. (because the car is already dry).

Should I wait and see (wait till next car wash or rain)? or should I need report to Honda dealer incase of possibility leading to HID failure?

Interesting enough, looks like it all happened on driver's side headlight. Any happends on passanger side?

When I was installing a new toy I discovered each headlight housing contains a large pouch of silica gel dessicant (100mmX100mm) adhered to the inside divider between the projector assembly and the indicator. It's sole purpose is to absorb moisture. If it becomes supersaturated it would pretty much be stuffed leading to condensation. You could try to peel it off and then dry it in an oven, but I'm sure dessicant crystals only have a finite life, and you'd probably tear the pouch open.

You could also remove your bumper, remove the headlight and sit it in a very low oven with the cap off (50C or there about to be really sure not to discolour the clear plastic) for several hours for it to dry out.

It's presence is only as a preventative measure as over time and given the right conditions it's inevitable that moisture will find it's way into most any headlight, for which the designers are obviously very aware as all modern headlights contain dessicant.

This info isn't going to solve anything, but no service centre should act surprised when owners report moisture in the headlight. So if it's under warranty always take it back!:)

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6347/img3813sml2ig.th.jpg (http://img477.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img3813sml2ig.jpg)

PNR888
21-12-2005, 10:37 PM
thanks guys for your inputs

ameetah
23-12-2005, 09:43 PM
um
well ì had that same fogging effect
exactly like them pix
it appeared when i got my euro back after a repair that lasted 3 effin weeks aheahe
i left it alone.. it went away in a week or 2
so i dernos?
*scratches head

Reagan
26-12-2005, 12:01 AM
um
well ì had that same fogging effect
exactly like them pix
it appeared when i got my euro back after a repair that lasted 3 effin weeks aheahe
i left it alone.. it went away in a week or 2
so i dernos?
*scratches head

nong sao

ZYL11A
27-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Im afraid to report that my car has now developed this disease today. I have already booked it in to be repaired in 3 days time. The passenger side headlight is completely fogged up and there is heaps of water in the headlight also. It is that bad that when looking at the headlight you cant see into it at all, its completely misted up.

My euro is October 05 plated so I would have thought that Honda would have rectified this issue but obviously not.

EuroDude
27-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Seems like this only affects the HID (Luxury) models.
Anyone had this happen with their base model Euro (with Halogens)?

EuroAccord13
27-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Seems like this only affects the HID (Luxury) models.
Anyone had this happen with their base model Euro (with Halogens)?

Yfin had the same issue on and it's a standard model... But he got it fixed under warranty...

PNR888
27-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Im afraid to report that my car has now developed this disease today. I have already booked it in to be repaired in 3 days time. The passenger side headlight is completely fogged up and there is heaps of water in the headlight also. It is that bad that when looking at the headlight you cant see into it at all, its completely misted up.

My euro is October 05 plated so I would have thought that Honda would have rectified this issue but obviously not.

Hi ZYL11A:
Have you ever change light bulbs? if so, make sure the rubber seal is put back in correctly.

Did the fogging-up happen after you wash your car? or after driving in the rain?

ZYL11A
28-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi ZYL11A:
Have you ever change light bulbs? if so, make sure the rubber seal is put back in correctly.

Did the fogging-up happen after you wash your car? or after driving in the rain?

The only bulbs that have been changed are the parkers. That was done last year in november. It happened after heavy rain on sunday night.

boleh
28-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I have had the same problem. I took it to Gary Warren Smith Honda in Oakleigh at my last service. I specifically instructed them to change the headlight as I did not want to come back as it is a huge inconvenience for me (they need the car for the whole day).

I explained this was a common problem, etc, etc. They agreed. They said it will not be a problem but a technician needs to inspect the light as there is a Honda instruction on this issue.

When I picked up the car I was told they did not need to change the headlight as it was just condensation and it would dry out. I was told this is nothing to worry about unless I see lots of water filling up the light (not just condensation).

3 weeks later and a car wash and the light is completely clouded. It has not dried out at all. It looks ridiculous.

I called up the dealer and told them the car is not roadworthy and I am not going to accept the "fix" they suggested - ie do nothing.

They have now agreed to replace the headilght. Little too late. I am not going there anymore - they lost a customer.
i have had bad experrience with the same dealer too, but at a much earlier stage of my Euro ownership when i was still hunting for the best deal for the car :D. Looking at the attitude of rheir sales ppl , then didn't seem to be very serious with their business. i still remember it was a sunday and they were the only dealer open, so i drove all the way to oakleigh to have a peek at the Euro. there was one dude standing there with his nose high up in the air looking down at me the moment i stepped into the showroom.. granted i wasn't wearing Armani suit or anything like that, i still dont think i deserved that kinda serviing. oh c'moonnn.. it's not a BMW showroom or something.. i had to walk over to him and ask for info.. after 2 questions, he turned his back on me and went on to trimming the plants!!

woo hoo... i was sure pissssed... if not for the curiosity i had for the car, i wouled had just walked out..

the next day, i went to Robert Lane Honda and received 1st class service, and needless to say... i bought the Euro off them

to that old specky salesdude at Garry Wareen .. go trim ur own pvbic hair and eat it too..

aaronng
28-02-2006, 02:07 PM
LOL, I told the first dealer that pulled shit on me that I had bought from another dealer. Hahahha.. He said, we still welcome you to service at our dealership. Haha. blah.

xiang
28-02-2006, 09:41 PM
yeah.. this happened to me whne i was washing my car.. but i just kinda left it? and it just went away.

aaronng
28-02-2006, 09:52 PM
At this Saturday's Sydney Euro meet, let's all check each other's headlight seals to make sure that they are on tightly!

xiang
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
^^ hahahah.. YES LETS!!! :D:D

ZYL11A
02-03-2006, 09:08 AM
At this Saturday's Sydney Euro meet, let's all check each other's headlight seals to make sure that they are on tightly!

Lol id love to, mine is at Honda as we speak getting the headlight replaced. I made sure I got it done before the cruise on the weekend so the car didnt look like crap.

Euro-Boy
10-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I have caught this disease aswell !!

Mine was first noticed after washing the car (Sep05-Lux) on the wkend, the passenger side has fogged up and wont clear out, its just getting worse!! :(

I have tried driving with the headlights on, but it doesnt clear!!
I am worried about the HID failure, i dont want the fog to cause more probs!!

Dont know where to go:
1/Robert Lane - where i bought the car
2/Astoria Honda
3/John Blair
4/Gary Warren Smith?? - i know some of you have had bad experiences

Obviously i want a complete replacement, not someone with a hairdryer doing a bandaid fix. Can anyone give me some advice on where to take it?

Thks

EuroAccord13
10-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Just take it to where you bought the car from..

Demand and demand... New car demands proper working items...

Good luck :)

Ru$kI
15-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Im having the same prob...but my car is a 96 EK1 Civic Sedan...and I've recently bought a pair of Projector Angel Eye headlights. It only happens on the driver side...and evaporates over time...but comes back frequently.

I've only had these headlights for 3 weeks or so, and am worried it will blow out the Angel Eye Rings. Where exactly are the headlight seals located, is it the rubbery caps behind the lights, or is it something else?

timmy_12
23-08-2006, 06:25 PM
yes i have had this happen on a standard i posted pic if the other thread of this topic

Cranial
12-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Bringing back and thread...
The heavy rain the past few days in Sydney has completely fogged up (more like extreme condensation) inside the passenger headlight. I don't think I can take it back to dealer for warranty as I've done a HID conversion (which made a hole in the rear cap). I'm pretty sure the HID installation is not a problem as the grommet pretty much keeps the water out where the wires go into the housing. It's worrying, its getting worse... but my drivers side is perfectly fine! Any other people experiencing this at the moment? Any fixes without going back to warranty?

Miss_GTI
12-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Yes... its not normal to have water vapour that won't go away in the headlights, I know coz I had that with the Euro too and took it back to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty. I found that it happened again, but very slightly and this time it went away so meh!

aaronng
12-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Wait for a sunny, dry day. open the cap to let the moisture out.

I kept changing my driver's side parkers because they kept blowing. So I have condensation on my right headlight.

Euro1011
13-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Has anyone with a Euro in Perth has this 'water in headlight' problem? If so which dealer did you take it to. I'm planning to take to the Melville dealer (where i bought car from) to get the clutch and headlights fix. Just wanna know what are they like when replacing these two items (good, they ignore, etc)? Any experiences?

yfin
13-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Has anyone with a Euro in Perth has this 'water in headlight' problem? If so which dealer did you take it to. I'm planning to take to the Melville dealer (where i bought car from) to get the clutch and headlights fix. Just wanna know what are they like when replacing these two items (good, they ignore, etc)? Any experiences?

I took it to the Honda dealer on Scarborough beach road. They were awesome about it - agreed to order a new assembly without looking at the car (yes - they did it over the phone and I wasn't an existing customer). Definately go there :thumbsup:

In Melbourne I received the opposite treatment - despite my request they change the assembly they said "it wasn't necessary and we dried out the headlight"... 2 weeks later it happened again (by that stage I had moved to Perth). Absolute time wasters in Melb.

Euro1011
13-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I took it to the Honda dealer on Scarborough beach road. They were awesome about it - agreed to order a new assembly without looking at the car (yes - they did it over the phone and I wasn't an existing customer). Definately go there :thumbsup:

In Melbourne I received the opposite treatment - despite my request they change the assembly they said "it wasn't necessary and we dried out the headlight"... 2 weeks later it happened again (by that stage I had moved to Perth). Absolute time wasters in Melb.

Thanks yfin. I try the guys ar Scarborough Beach. Closer to work too.
Going to ask you a stupid question. I do not have to take it to the dealer i bought the car from right? as long it's an authorised honda dealer.

yfin
13-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Going to ask you a stupid question. I do not have to take it to the dealer i bought the car from right? as long it's an authorised honda dealer.

definately not - in fact I have found I get better service from places where I did not buy the car. Perhaps they think they can win me over to their dealership if they try harder. Or perhaps other dealers are just better overall. :D

aaronng
13-02-2007, 02:13 PM

Yes, that's right. You can use any dealer for warranty repair.

Euro1011
13-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys. Booked my car in to get the headlight replaced at Scarborough but about the creaking clutch (i know this is another thread), apparently my VIN number does not fall within the ones specified in the bulletin Honda Aust specified but they will diagnose it.

The warranty on my car is 3years (had it for 2.5yrs now). Is it a good idea to extend the warranty for another 2yrs for $895?

14-02-2007, 11:38 AM
my only advice would be to read the warratny carefully, dealer warranties are not the same as honda warranties.

if its an extension of the honda warranty then i reckon 895 is worth it, if your planning on keeping it, but i would be weary of the dealer warranties. as they dont cover everything, you must go back to them, etcetc.

^__^ SM ^__^
17-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I had fogging of my driver side headlight yesterday too after the carwash. It is dry now but has water marks all over the inside of the headlight assembly. Any ideas on how to clean it out?

Because it's dried now.. i doubt honda will replace it.

Respi
17-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Lads, this problem has existed in the Euro headlights since it's inception. Standad procedure is for you to return it to your local dealership. They are fully aware of it and you should get a swap out pretty quickly without any questions asked.

^__^ SM ^__^
18-06-2007, 08:49 PM
With the recent rain and hail and cold in Melbourne, my euro's headlight is like the bathroom mirror after a shower.

Could someone who suceeded in having their headlight assembly replaced, please pm me which dealer they went to?

Thanks.

aaronng
18-06-2007, 09:51 PM
With the recent rain and hail and cold in Melbourne, my euro's headlight is like the bathroom mirror after a shower.

Could someone who suceeded in having their headlight assembly replaced, please pm me which dealer they went to?

Thanks.
Did you get the headlight clips fitted on by your dealer on your last service?

^__^ SM ^__^
19-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Did you get the headlight clips fitted on by your dealer on your last service?

No I didn't because I didn't have this issue then (undercover parking) but now... outside... :(

kleung
19-06-2007, 10:55 AM
I've just arrived home from dropping my car off at the dealer for a scheduled service. The service manager had added an item to my job sheet to check and replace the headlight clips/assembly as a recall item. Nothing has shown up in DOTARS yet, and I hadn't reported any moisture in my headlights.

To those who have the moisture issues - I wonder what the possibility is of putting those moisture absorbing dessicant silica gel sachets inside your headlights until you can get it fixed properly by Honda?

aaronng
19-06-2007, 01:21 PM
No I didn't because I didn't have this issue then (undercover parking) but now... outside... :(

They put the clips on mine eventhough I didn't have fogging. They said they were doing it on all Euros.

^__^ SM ^__^
19-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't mind getting clips if my headlights wasn't fogged yet. But now it looks like water droplets inside... some parts dried today and look soooo ugly with all the water marks inside, especially when the lights are on. I hope to get new headlight unless they can clean out the water marks.

take_no_prisoners
06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Just noticed this problem today with the weather we've been having down here lately. I've got to remove my HID kit before I take it back to them otherwise they won't cover me. Suppose that means I need to find some new plastic covers. $25 a pop from Honda is a bit pricey, probably will check the wreckers first.

tony1234
06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Isn't it only 03-04 models that suffer from this problem?

BiLL|z0r
06-07-2007, 07:58 PM
All I think. They did mine the other day at my 40,000 service. Said they had to do it even if you hadn't had the problem.
They also changed the fuel pump by order of Honda due to hard to start issues. Might explain those as well as I got them heaps. The serive guy said they hadn't any but were changing them anyway.

take_no_prisoners
06-07-2007, 08:44 PM
All I think. They did mine the other day at my 40,000 service. Said they had to do it even if you hadn't had the problem.
They also changed the fuel pump by order of Honda due to hard to start issues. Might explain those as well as I got them heaps. The serive guy said they hadn't any but were changing them anyway.

Interesting. I notice that the car struggles to start sometimes too..

^__^ SM ^__^
06-07-2007, 09:41 PM
just an update: I had both my headlights changed. so happy :D

take_no_prisoners
07-07-2007, 11:22 PM
just an update: I had both my headlights changed. so happy :D

Is that the stardard procedure for this problem?

^__^ SM ^__^
09-07-2007, 08:20 PM
If your car's VIN isn't under the recall range, they will change them over for you. Mine wasn't under the recall.

take_no_prisoners
10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
If your car's VIN isn't under the recall range, they will change them over for you. Mine wasn't under the recall.

Would you by any chance happen to know what the VIN range is?

Further, does anybody know if the plastic caps at the back are a common shared Honda part or specific to the Euro?

^__^ SM ^__^
10-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Sorry I am not sure what the VIN range is. But when you go to the dealer, they put ur VIN into their computer program thingy from Honda and if it doesn't say recall. Then there's no Recall. My car is May 06 and I think any car after that is not under the recall. Not sure how much before my car though.

panda[cRx]
10-07-2007, 05:23 PM

they didn't change ur fuel pump. it was the fuel pump relay.
it's the '5RL' warranty campaign. they inspect your fuel pump relay. if it's one type of relay they replace it, if it's another type of relay they replace it.

take_no_prisoners
10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry I am not sure what the VIN range is. But when you go to the dealer, they put ur VIN into their computer program thingy from Honda and if it doesn't say recall. Then there's no Recall. My car is May 06 and I think any car after that is not under the recall. Not sure how much before my car though.

That's alright :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure I'm covered but I still need to get spare plastic covers for the inside. $25 each from the dealership is a bit rich, and there arn't too many Euros at the wreckers, so can anybody confirm if they are a shared honda part? (Sorry for repeating myself, just eager to find out! :angel:)

aaronng
10-07-2007, 11:40 PM
That's alright :thumbsup:
I'm pretty sure I'm covered but I still need to get spare plastic covers for the inside. $25 each from the dealership is a bit rich, and there arn't too many Euros at the wreckers, so can anybody confirm if they are a shared honda part? (Sorry for repeating myself, just eager to find out! :angel:)

If you have a friend with an Euro, just tape your plastic cover up, swap it with him for the day when you are getting the headlights fixed.

take_no_prisoners
11-07-2007, 12:47 AM
If you have a friend with an Euro, just tape your plastic cover up, swap it with him for the day when you are getting the headlights fixed.

Shame I don't have such a friend!

SRVTIR
11-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Guys, i wake up this morning. After a downpoar in rain in Sydney.

My poor Euro, has the entire left light full of condensation. Now the headlight HID doesnt even turn on. I havnt touched the light whatsoever and now the bloody thing is F&*ked! lol Before i take it to the dealership, My car is an OCT 03 Euro Luxury. That would still be covered under warranty yeh???

Thanks for your help guys..

aaronng
11-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Guys, i wake up this morning. After a downpoar in rain in Sydney.

My poor Euro, has the entire left light full of condensation. Now the headlight HID doesnt even turn on. I havnt touched the light whatsoever and now the bloody thing is F&*ked! lol Before i take it to the dealership, My car is an OCT 03 Euro Luxury. That would still be covered under warranty yeh???

Thanks for your help guys..

03 means you are out of warranty. But ask anyway. If you haven't gotten the clips installed, then you might be able to argue that if they followed Honda's instructions to put the clips on at your last service, this problem wouldn't happen. It might be enough leverage to get them to replace your headlight and HID.

SRVTIR
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I have emailed the head office. I am taking the car in on Monday. Apparently they are booked out untill then which i think is another wod of crap! lol considering that by that time, the condensation would have deminished by then.

Oh well, way ahead of them, the complaint i made to Honda Head Office has the pictures of the condensation and that Id be taking matters to Consumer Affairs if not fixed! haha lol its good working in Customer Service. You kno how to get things done when you need to :D

SRVTIR
11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I spoke today with Collins Honda in Rockdale. They said it wasnt a recall but a possible known issue. They said they are too busy to see the car till Monday which by then, the condensation will evaporate.

Clearly im not an idiot so i took photos demonstrating the condensation. I shall await there inspection. Hope all goes well lol Id say they are gunna decline it for repair so guys, make sure you take photos of it so that when you take it in, they dont stuff ya around...

if its not covered, im going to Consumer Affairs.. BTW anybody know the price on a HID bulb?? Im guessing 200 to 300 yeh? lol bloody technology :D haha

tony1234
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I spoke today with Collins Honda in Rockdale. They said it wasnt a recall but a possible known issue. They said they are too busy to see the car till Monday which by then, the condensation will evaporate.

Clearly im not an idiot so i took photos demonstrating the condensation. I shall await there inspection. Hope all goes well lol Id say they are gunna decline it for repair so guys, make sure you take photos of it so that when you take it in, they dont stuff ya around...

if its not covered, im going to Consumer Affairs.. BTW anybody know the price on a HID bulb?? Im guessing 200 to 300 yeh? lol bloody technology :D haha
I get my Euro serviced there(Collins Honda)they're good guys,be nice to them and they'll look after you.good luck.

hip
12-07-2007, 04:44 AM
Just finished reading through this thread and it appears Honda Australia hasn't provided you with a warranty extension or recall classification for the moisture in the headlights issue?

Since my TSX warranty is due to expire on the 17th of this month I decided to check with Acura Client Services to see how long the headlamp replacement "product update" would be in effect for.

Glad I called because according to Acura they told me this was not a "product update" but rather an official "recall." And they wonder why ppl get confused?

The good news is, as a recall there is no expiration date. Since I don't have the problem at the moment I told her I would probably wait until there was. She said, "you should schedule to have them replaced right away even though you are not experiencing any issues right now."

Naturally, I asked if I bring my car in and request the dealer to replace them I won't be told no because the lights are not defective... right?
She said absolutely not, dealers are required to replace these as soon as you schedule an appointment.

Anyway, hope this helps with your Euros?

SRVTIR
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I get my Euro serviced there(Collins Honda)they're good guys,be nice to them and they'll look after you.good luck.

Everytime i go there, I asked the spare parts dude a question, its like he hates his life and always has the most shortest and plain answers.

Granted it was about 2pm on the friday but, im not exactly to thrilled with there service. Mind you, everytime i call them, its like all they wanna do is get off the phone.

Ill give them the benefit of the doubt though. If you say they look after you, ill be nice.. :) just have to wait till i get some kind of answer from them i guess. I called them again today, he mentioned that they are recalling them..

might have been me hoping he would say it haha :) see how Monday goes :)

SRVTIR
13-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Guys, its gotten worse now.. lol heres a pic of it this morning.. man it looks like sh*t

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

aaronng
13-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Guys, its gotten worse now.. lol heres a pic of it this morning.. man it looks like sh*t

:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

WOW that's bad. That would probably stay like that for quite a while.

tony1234
13-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Everytime i go there, I asked the spare parts dude a question, its like he hates his life and always has the most shortest and plain answers.

Granted it was about 2pm on the friday but, im not exactly to thrilled with there service. Mind you, everytime i call them, its like all they wanna do is get off the phone.

Ill give them the benefit of the doubt though. If you say they look after you, ill be nice.. :) just have to wait till i get some kind of answer from them i guess. I called them again today, he mentioned that they are recalling them..

might have been me hoping he would say it haha :) see how Monday goes :)

I've been going there on and off for nearly 20 yrs.and they have always been very helpfull whenever i've had any warranty issues and fixed them straight away 1st.time.Talk to either Michael or Robert(service manager) in service.don't worry about talking to the spares guys,they can't do anything it's service that will make things happen.Remember firm but polite.Good luck.

^__^ SM ^__^
19-07-2007, 09:21 PM
GUESS WHAT!!

My brand new headlights (BOTH of them) now have moisture in them again!! this is only a few weeks after having them replaced. I park my car outside and the recent rainy weather in Melbourne has gotten their way inside again....

I feel so embarrassed about going to the dealer again. Hope they dry out.... maybe try a different dealer if they don't dry.

SRVTIR
20-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Mate,

dont be embarresed! take them back.. it shouldnt be doing that at all!

BTW guys, got them replaced! both of them.. 2000bucks worth of damage all done under warranty lol gotta love Consumer Affairs!!

Oh and Collins Honda- THE WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!! NEVER WILL I EVER TAKE MY CAR FOR REPAIR THERE AGAIN!!

They didnt give two shits about me... they quoted me 1000 bucks for one light! lol ****in ****s!

tony1234
20-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Mate,

dont be embarresed! take them back.. it shouldnt be doing that at all!

BTW guys, got them replaced! both of them.. 2000bucks worth of damage all done under warranty lol gotta love Consumer Affairs!!

Oh and Collins Honda- THE WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!! NEVER WILL I EVER TAKE MY CAR FOR REPAIR THERE AGAIN!!

They didnt give two shits about me... they quoted me 1000 bucks for one light! lol ****in ****s!
They've always been good to me!:confused:BTW.which dealer replaced them??

^__^ SM ^__^
20-07-2007, 06:52 PM
the lights dried out... bummer...

^__^ SM ^__^
20-07-2007, 11:01 PM
I think any dealer should do it (well... 3 in Melbourne offered to do it) as long as you are not in the recall range for the clips.

take_no_prisoners
21-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Can't remember where I read it but I think somebody said they bought the plastic dust covers from a dealership for $25 each. Can somebody confirm which dealership this was?

^__^ SM ^__^
21-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Can't remember where I read it but I think somebody said they bought the plastic dust covers from a dealership for $25 each. Can somebody confirm which dealership this was?

Hi. It was me who said they cost $25 each. I didn't buy them but was quoted this price by Courtney and Patterson in Melbourne.

Entity
23-07-2007, 12:36 AM
man my headlights NEVER used to do this

then the dealer did their stupid thing to "prevent" it by adding a clip

and now theres ALWAYS moisture in it

farout, it was fine before and now they wrecked it, stupid ass dealer im gonna go to a different one.

^__^ SM ^__^
23-07-2007, 06:35 AM
man my headlights NEVER used to do this

then the dealer did their stupid thing to "prevent" it by adding a clip

and now theres ALWAYS moisture in it

farout, it was fine before and now they wrecked it, stupid ass dealer im gonna go to a different one.

If it has clips on it and it still get moisture in it, then it may be eligible to get it replaced. Worth a try.

tron07
23-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Hmmm... Need to check mine.... went to snowy mountain and car park outside over the weekend.... going down to car park now... :D

take_no_prisoners
23-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi. It was me who said they cost $25 each. I didn't buy them but was quoted this price by Courtney and Patterson in Melbourne.

Cool thanks, I asked around and some dealers were asking for $40 a pop so I'll see if they'll match C&P.

aaronng
23-07-2007, 08:56 PM
The condensation gets worse when you use the lights during rain or cold days/nights.

^__^ SM ^__^
23-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I just look at my lights today and it doesn't fit like the original lights and nothing like other Euros. There are gaps between the lights and the front quarterpanels and with the front bumper... The dealer told me it's within factory spec because the Euro is a "production car". I feel it's a cop out but what can i do about it.. do you think another dealer and align the fit the lights again for me? Is it easy to do myself... I have no idea about these sort of stuff... don't want to screw up it more....

SRVTIR
24-07-2007, 07:18 AM
yeah mate.. take it to another dealership.. otherwise threaten consumer affairs... lol they dun like hearing that word... TRUST ME! lol

tony1234
24-07-2007, 07:36 AM
I just look at my lights today and it doesn't fit like the original lights and nothing like other Euros. There are gaps between the lights and the front quarterpanels and with the front bumper... The dealer told me it's within factory spec because the Euro is a "production car". I feel it's a cop out but what can i do about it.. do you think another dealer and align the fit the lights again for me? Is it easy to do myself... I have no idea about these sort of stuff... don't want to screw up it more....
It sounds like the headlights only need to be adjusted a bit to line up better with the surrounding panels.You could have a go at it yourself,from what you say you could do no worse.

hip
24-07-2007, 09:42 AM
yeah mate.. take it to another dealership.. otherwise threaten consumer affairs... lol they dun like hearing that word... TRUST ME! lol

I have to agree with SRVTIR, if that doesn't work you might try bringing it to he attention of the local newsmedia. Most states here have local TV stations that love to go after businesses that mistreat customers, makes for "compelling TV" and helps boost ratings, especially during certain months when they are looking to increase their ad revenue.

Tell them how you "barely missed hitting that stray dog on a cold, rainy night because the lights were inadequately illuminating the roadway. Don't forget to mention how much you value all life and you certainly wouldn't want to hurt any animals or humans. Also bring up how especially fond you are of the dingo population.

All kidding aside, this is a serious problem and Honda is obviously aware of it, call the zone or equivalent Honda corporate entity and let them know you might be contacting the local media and letting them know how concerned you are over Honda's lack of urgency in providing a remedy to this serious safety issue. Sounds good, don't you think?

^__^ SM ^__^
24-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the "plan" ;)

I'll just book it in to another dealer and see what they'll do. I'll do this before contacting Today Tonight LOL:)

aaronng
24-07-2007, 01:02 PM

Was it misaligned before the dealer put on the clips? I bet you didn't notice it then. Putting on those clips doesn't involve the removal of your headlights. Just the top plastic shield.

On my car after having it for 2 years, the gap between the bumper and the headlights increased to 4mm.

^__^ SM ^__^
24-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Was it misaligned before the dealer put on the clips? I bet you didn't notice it then. Putting on those clips doesn't involve the removal of your headlights. Just the top plastic shield.

On my car after having it for 2 years, the gap between the bumper and the headlights increased to 4mm.

No no... they REPLACED the whole headlights on both sides....

aaronng
24-07-2007, 08:32 PM
No no... they REPLACED the whole headlights on both sides....

How big is the gap? Everytime the bumper is removed, the clips underneath the headlights that hold the bumper up will become looser. That's why the gap becomes larger. It also happens as your car gets older due to the weight of the bumper.

^__^ SM ^__^
24-07-2007, 08:45 PM
The bottom gap is fine... it's the gap between the light and the grill part and another gap between the quarterpanel and the lights (where the parkers are).

Theres bumper gap makes the light sit too much behind the bumper and can see between the bumper and light.

These gaps are about 5mm+ so not impressed.

Can also see between the quarterpanel and the light.

See my ghetto drawing..(pls don't laugh.. i have ball mouse)

luv_psi
28-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Ive just bought an 03 Euro Lux a day ago, but not from a honda dealership. After the rains in Perth the past couple of days ive noticed the driver's side headlight has this same problem :(

I doubt that the euro will still be under warranty as its an 03. Am I able to take it back to any Honda dealership even though its not under warranty anymore? or should I take it back to the dealership that I bought it from?

^__^ SM ^__^
28-07-2007, 08:52 PM
If it's part of the recall, I think they should fix it for you even though it's out of warranty. Isn't it a safety recall? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I remembered a while ago that some Euro in Singapore catch fire due to some faulty headlight? Not sure if related to the water issue.

REV888
01-08-2007, 11:31 AM
If it's part of the recall, I think they should fix it for you even though it's out of warranty. Isn't it a safety recall? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I remembered a while ago that some Euro in Singapore catch fire due to some faulty headlight? Not sure if related to the water issue.

Well last time I went to my Euro dealership for an oil an filter change they fixed the "water in headlight issue" saying to me it was part of a recall.

luv_psi
01-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Yea I called up Prestige Honda in Perth, all they needed to do is inspect the headlight and now have ordered the parts and it should be fixed in the next couple of weeks. :D

destrukshn
01-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Well last time I went to my Euro dealership for an oil an filter change they fixed the "water in headlight issue" saying to me it was part of a recall.
not a recall.
a recall is something that has to be done asap.
this is only IF it happens, then they will replace it.
=)

as001
01-08-2007, 02:52 PM
its sucks I've this problem now my car is in the shop today for service already told them about it, mine started happening when it rained in sydney for like 2 and 1/2 weeks straight...now everytime it rains my head light fog up inside

big jim
04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Took my car in to get serviced 2 months ago at dealership and to inform them that both headlights are fogging up,service manager said that he had to fit clips to the lights to fix the problem.2 weeks later still fogging up, service manager said there must be residual moisture from before still in the lights and they will dry them out with compressed air.2 days later lights fogged up worse than before must have overdone the compressed air and popped the lens on the lights,told service manager 4days later new headlights installed

take_no_prisoners
05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Booked in for next week, was told they will need half a day to do the job even though I'm only getting one changed. Only one was foggy at the time I took the car in, but the other has been foggy before. As their policy, they can only fix what is wrong at the time which is fair enough. Fingers crossed the other side goes foggy too!

^__^ SM ^__^
05-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Booked in for next week, was told they will need half a day to do the job even though I'm only getting one changed. Only one was foggy at the time I took the car in, but the other has been foggy before. As their policy, they can only fix what is wrong at the time which is fair enough. Fingers crossed the other side goes foggy too!

What dealer are you taking it to? Hope they can align your lights properly with the body panels and the bumper :(

take_no_prisoners
05-08-2007, 07:10 PM
What dealer are you taking it to? Hope they can align your lights properly with the body panels and the bumper :(

My local one. What happened to yours?

^__^ SM ^__^
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
My local one. What happened to yours?

My lights didn't come back like original. Gaps with quarter panels and front grill.

take_no_prisoners
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
My lights didn't come back like original. Gaps with quarter panels and front grill.

Take it back?!

mleung
14-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Happened to me as well. Dealer fixed it under the warranty and recognized the problem straight away.

My HID light died as well and they replaced the whole unit.

J-TODA
14-08-2007, 11:24 AM
OK!! ive jst got the problem.....

bt i duno if it will be covereed under warranty..as ive installed aftermarket HIDs on the car.....

anyone know wat i should do?>? perhaps return headlights to stock...get it replace dne redo HIDs??

aaronng
14-08-2007, 11:53 AM
If you have aftermarket HIDs, they will probably tell you no more headlight replacement since you modified the rear dust shield cover.

J-TODA
14-08-2007, 12:51 PM
If you have aftermarket HIDs, they will probably tell you no more headlight replacement since you modified the rear dust shield cover.

ohhh yer....damn....hmm ill prob get another dust cover...replace and den put it in ...if it works it works...cause the problem onli occured yesterday..so yer..

take_no_prisoners
14-08-2007, 07:51 PM
OK!! ive jst got the problem.....

bt i duno if it will be covereed under warranty..as ive installed aftermarket HIDs on the car.....

anyone know wat i should do?>? perhaps return headlights to stock...get it replace dne redo HIDs??

go back to stock and then take it back. they wont have a clue.

^__^ SM ^__^
06-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Just to let everyone know... my headlights (right) has water in it AGAIN!!!! Seems that getting them replaced won't fix it... sigh... this time i'm in more trouble because i drilled holes in the dust cover to install HIDs "properly" thinking those new lights won't leak.. but bummer....... i'm gonna take it to the dealer with the HIDs in. If they chuck a sh*t i'm gonna buy some new caps and take it to a different dealer. Is there anyway for them to blacklist a car?! Hope not...

J-TODA
06-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Just to let everyone know... my headlights (right) has water in it AGAIN!!!! Seems that getting them replaced won't fix it... sigh... this time i'm in more trouble because i drilled holes in the dust cover to install HIDs "properly" thinking those new lights won't leak.. but bummer....... i'm gonna take it to the dealer with the HIDs in. If they chuck a sh*t i'm gonna buy some new caps and take it to a different dealer. Is there anyway for them to blacklist a car?! Hope not...

dont dealers share info???about a cars history???
hmmmm yer i had the same problem as u.... bt seemed liek the water has jst disappeared and the problem has gone away?? ahha im happy ...

^__^ SM ^__^
07-09-2007, 07:02 AM
dont dealers share info???about a cars history???
hmmmm yer i had the same problem as u.... bt seemed liek the water has jst disappeared and the problem has gone away?? ahha im happy ...

Even if it dries out by itself (which I'm praying for), I just can't get the dealer to put those clips on. They say it's a "new" headlight and shouldn't leak. :(

tony1234
07-09-2007, 08:14 AM
If you turn up with the modified dust covers they'll tell you no way for replacement.Buy the dust covers and then go see them.

LT178
07-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, Ive got it on the drivers side too. Will tell them about it at the next service.

ig3o
07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
i just came home from national park and i have the same problem >.<

Min988
07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah I just did my 40,000k service today and noticed on the invoice that there was a recall, they changed some clips apparently that stops the water. Its a recall not a warranty issue.

xanctus
08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Even with stock halogen, my headlight was fogging sometimes. It just a factory defect I guess.

^__^ SM ^__^
09-09-2007, 05:07 PM
It dried out!!! It gave me a scare. Only problem now is that the low-beam projector lens has "cataracts" like a film of steam over the lens.

Not sure if it's worth paying to get the clips put on.

r-r-redEuro
11-11-2007, 11:18 PM
sorry for the revival, but like been reading this post and its all on the driver's side. i got it on the passenger side ?! i just realisd it when i washed my car today after a week's long of rain :(.

aaronng
12-11-2007, 08:23 AM
sorry for the revival, but like been reading this post and its all on the driver's side. i got it on the passenger side ?! i just realisd it when i washed my car today after a week's long of rain :(.

It can happen to either side.

BTW, welcome to the club. :(

r-r-redEuro
12-11-2007, 06:07 PM
can honda fix it ? its beeen a good 5 days and i think its getting worse.
i thought it would never happen to me :(
and yeah thanks for the invite aaronng lol.

akina
12-11-2007, 06:11 PM
hmm... seems like a common problem...

I'm scared I'll get it too :( I've drilled holes through the back cover to run the wires through for my HIDs :(

r-r-redEuro
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
thing is, i didnt do anything to my headlights lol. how gay. GAH~~!! well i guess its gonna be mentioned at the dealer when i go service my car. 2500kms to go.

aaronng
12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
thing is, i didnt do anything to my headlights lol. how gay. GAH~~!! well i guess its gonna be mentioned at the dealer when i go service my car. 2500kms to go.

Call them up now and let them know. Since yours is an 07 and still very new, they might give you new headlights.

Min988
12-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I took my car in for service last month, and yeah they added some clips to stop the water from getting into the headlight. It's on my service reciept as a recall.

r-r-redEuro
12-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Call them up now and let them know. Since yours is an 07 and still very new, they might give you new headlights.

oh really ? they actually replace the whole headlight ? i thought it was just repair add some chips or something.

Cranial
12-11-2007, 08:32 PM
They put some clips on mine like 5 months ago. After the recent rains in Sydney, my headlights still fog up even with the clips in place...

aaronng
12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I took my car in for service last month, and yeah they added some clips to stop the water from getting into the headlight. It's on my service reciept as a recall.

They added the clips to mine as well, but I still got fogging during heavy rains. Oh well, at least they tried.

r-r-redEuro
12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
this week is torture, i got exam tommorow morning, an assignment due in the afternoon, wednesday and thursday i got both 40&#37; case studies due omgomg. my headlight is getting worse :(

aaronng
12-11-2007, 08:47 PM
oh really ? they actually replace the whole headlight ? i thought it was just repair add some chips or something.

The clips are just a preventative measure. They don't do much if you already have fogging. There were a few people who brought their car in, had the dealer try to dry out the moisture but it still came back. Second time around, the headlights were replaced instead.

big jim
13-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Yeah I had both headlights replaced on mine a couple of months ago after the clips failed to stop them fogging up.Dealer had no problem replacing them.

one4spl
07-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Mine got foggy last night, booked in at Southport to get its 50k service and both the headlight clips and fuel relay issues sorted.

one4spl
31-12-2007, 11:00 AM
had the headlights (with clips) replaced a couple of weeks ago, passenger side got some moisture in it again a couple of days ago, but its cleared up now, booked in for them to have another go at it.... sigh.

ACCORDEURO2007
01-01-2008, 07:42 AM
i just developed the consensation in the passenger side head light. I've got the car booked in for the clips. See how it goes?????????

ACCORDEURO2007
03-01-2008, 01:01 PM
I had my car booked in today to fix the headlight. They told me the clips would only take half an hour, so i waited around. After 5 minutes, the service guy came out and told me that my 2007 lux, already had the clips fitted. i bought the car brand new so they must be fitting them at the factory. Anyway they fitted a brand new headlamp assembly. Which is a much better result.

kupang
14-01-2008, 10:11 AM
on sunday i went to car wash to wash my car then when i went home, park my car i realised both of my headlights were foggy. mine is 03 lux model. my question is if i take to honda dealer to fix it how much would it cost? and what is the best dealer to go? or any other option to fix it?

tony1234
14-01-2008, 11:16 AM
on sunday i went to car wash to wash my car then when i went home, park my car i realised both of my headlights were foggy. mine is 03 lux model. my question is if i take to honda dealer to fix it how much would it cost? and what is the best dealer to go? or any other option to fix it?
HA should fix it as a goodwill gesture as it's a well known fault.Mention the postings here to the service guy.I go to Collins Honda at Rockdale.They've always been reasonable with warranty issues to me.

xiang
01-02-2008, 01:52 PM
well with this crappy weather, ive seemed to have condensation in both my headlights again.

and upon closer inspection of my right headlight there seems to be a dead fly in there. its my new pet!

KWICKS
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
after the rain last two days... i found out there are some water inside the driver's side headlight... gonna go to the dealer later...
anyone have this problem??

here are some pic of it.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~tommi/ozHonda/Water/01.jpg
[Aaah, the ever elusive headlight fluid has finally been captured on film!!:wave: Give David Attenborough a call to document it, quick!:wave:

TOH07
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I bought a new accord Euro in October last year and had to get a headlight sent over from Japan due to this problem...First noticed it when my HID wasn't working. But all fixed now. Thanks Honda!

crinchi
07-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Would my headlights be still under warranty if i had to get mine replaced due to an accident

TOH07
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I'd say thats more of an insurance claim than a warrenty issue

vtec999
08-02-2008, 11:37 PM
i had same issue and the deal is replacing the headlight next week.

it looks like very common prob with euro, cuz the dealer didn't hesitate ordering new headlight for me.

xiang
09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
my headlight went the other day.
fuse was fried.. im blaming it on the condensation.. AGAINNNNNN...

assailant
11-02-2008, 12:59 AM
ive just bought myself an april 04 euro luxury yesterday, done only 35000ks and obviously outside of warranty.

the front drivers headlight has condensation in it (rained for the first time in months in perth last week) but it hasnt dried out on the 5hr drive home through the scorching desert heat today.

what is the best option for repair, considering its outside of warranty (the local honda dealer is only 300m from where i live, but from all reports are twats.. my folks bought a brand new territory from there as they are ford dealers as well, and had nothing but trouble with the service dept)

xiang
12-02-2008, 06:10 PM
ive just taken the back covers off on the headlight (the part where you change the light bulbs), the condensation seems to have dissapeared, might be because its stopped raining. give it a go, might work.

still getting them replaced tomorrow though..

power_of_dreams
12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Aaah, the ever elusive headlight fluid has finally been captured on film!!:wave: Give David Attenborough a call to document it, quick!:wave:

rofl, you call that headlight condensation? This is headlight condensation!!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7112/76082860pa2.jpg

s2o0o
12-02-2008, 08:54 PM
The clips fitted by Honda are a service CAMPAIGN fitted to certain Accord Euro models within a particular VIN range. The 2007 model Honda Accord Euro's are not affected.

This headlight SHOULD be replaced.

If the fog/condensation does not improve; Honda should replace these. See your servicing dealer and get the headlight inspected.

s2o0o
12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
ive just bought myself an april 04 euro luxury yesterday, done only 35000ks and obviously outside of warranty.

the front drivers headlight has condensation in it (rained for the first time in months in perth last week) but it hasnt dried out on the 5hr drive home through the scorching desert heat today.

what is the best option for repair, considering its outside of warranty (the local honda dealer is only 300m from where i live, but from all reports are twats.. my folks bought a brand new territory from there as they are ford dealers as well, and had nothing but trouble with the service dept)

Say you are aware of the "5HL campaign" and that since the campaign was carried out - there has been NO improvement and demand an inspection by the service manager. The reason for an inspection is to prove the headlight assembly has not been tampered in any way (weither it's been in an accident etc etc). If they fail to replace/properley diagnose the headlight - call Honda Australia.

assailant
21-02-2008, 12:26 AM
i googled '5HL campaign' but couldnt find anything.
i checked recalls.gov.au but only the boot wiring harness '5ka campaign' was listed, nothing regarding the headlights.

would the honda dealership be obligated to replace the headlight even though the car is outside warranty (04 model)

is there a definitive list of affected vehicles that honda repair?

the auto electrician who is currently replacing the front passenger door lock told the mrs the front bumper needs to be removed by a panel beater before they can replace the light.
sounds like absolute bs to me, cant be that hard to remove the bumper. if the monkeys at the dealership can do it, i dont see why this monkey of an auto electrician cant do it.

big jim
22-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Honda replaced both my headlights last year no questions asked after fitting the clips which failed to stop the condensation building up and my lux is an 03 model.Read my reply earlier in this post.

assailant
22-02-2008, 08:16 PM
ah righto, i did see your post but didnt take notice that yours is an 03.

well thats very interesting indeed. im not sure what these clips look like, ive had a look under the bonnet but there doesnt appear to be anything clip looking.

ill try the only local dealer (who have a solid reputation for being absolute pr|cks) and see what they have to say.

ps. does anyone have a link to, or can provide, pictures of the headlight clips?

thanks for your help all.

xiang
23-02-2008, 10:38 AM
ive been trying to get my headlights replaced, and ive spoken to my dealer.

I was told that Honda issued a bulletin stating that any Euro with condensation issues were to be tested, and if there is mild to minor condensation they will not replace the headlight.

I'm not sure what they do, but I was told they stick a hose in the headlight, and purposly create condensation

Are they just pulling my leg?

power_of_dreams
23-02-2008, 04:34 PM
How do they test for condensation? It's either there or it's not. They can't fix something that's not there.

I don't get the hose part. Why would they want to create condensation?

assailant
03-09-2008, 12:26 AM
ive booked my euro in for a service next week while im in perth at the same honda specialist it was last serviced at by the first owner (9000ks ago) and i mentioned the moisture issue to the mechanic... he said he wasnt aware of any issue but he would speak to the dealer.

what kind of honda specialist hasnt heard of this moisture in euro headlight issue?
wondering if i should ring honda australia and ask them if they will cover it.

eg_08_wa
03-09-2008, 01:47 AM
a honda specialist is just that, a company who specializes in honda. they do not have actual support from honda australia unlike honda dealers.
if im not wrong, you deal with auto extra in geraldton??

water entry into the headlight is a honda warranty campaign. 5hl is honda's code only.
there's a part number to it, just cant remember of the top of my head. you cant buy this part, simply cause its a warranty issue. dont quote me on it, but im pretty sure u can take it into a honda dealer to get it rectified. even if ur car is out of warranty, the part is only wat, $10 or something. dirt cheap. nice easy simple fix.

hope that helps.

ms700
03-09-2008, 10:47 AM
The part number is 06336 SEA 305.

The problem you'll find is, the part isnt easily ordered, you have to submit a VIN number, and the corresponding campaign number (5HL) into Hondanet, and then they issue the dealer with the parts, but only if the VIN is applicable to that campaign.

It is not a part that can be ordered by itself through normal ordering channels or methods.

And we've seen plenty of euro headlights with the campaign done that still have moisture in the headlight.

aaronng
03-09-2008, 11:10 AM
The part is just a metal crimp clip that you can buy from an auto parts store........... Honda does not make the clips, they buy it from a supplier. So you can source it from places other than the dealer.

Crapdaz
03-09-2008, 11:48 AM
yeh get it fix,
damn had my euro for 5years and havent had the moisture problem in the headlights.
sounds like it was a common problem with the newer models.

assailant
03-09-2008, 11:21 PM
a honda specialist is just that, a company who specializes in honda. they do not have actual support from honda australia unlike honda dealers.
if im not wrong, you deal with auto extra in geraldton??

im having it serviced while im in perth next week. the honda specialist is honmaz in nedlands (only going there because they were the ones to service it the last 3 times)

there is a honda dealer in geraldton, they are also the ford, nissan and hyundai dealer, but i wouldnt trust my car there..

pxrnm
04-09-2008, 10:30 AM
just wondering, I'd like to change my stock light-bulb with Crystal vision, will this condensation issue appear because of that?

aaronng
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
just wondering, I'd like to change my stock light-bulb with Crystal vision, will this condensation issue appear because of that?

It will appear if you change it on a cold night when it is raining and you are outdoors. LOL. Been there, done that. So wait for a warm dry day before you change bulbs.

pxrnm
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
It will appear if you change it on a cold night when it is raining and you are outdoors. LOL. Been there, done that. So wait for a warm dry day before you change bulbs.

Wow talked about fast reply!!!

Thanks!

eg_08_wa
05-09-2008, 11:05 PM
im having it serviced while im in perth next week. the honda specialist is honmaz in nedlands (only going there because they were the ones to service it the last 3 times)

there is a honda dealer in geraldton, they are also the ford, nissan and hyundai dealer, but i wouldnt trust my car there..

Given the right circumstances, (and depending on the level of customer service from the dealer) i dont see why you wont be able to wait/watch whilst they install the clips for you. its a 5 minute job, see it all the time at the dealership i work in, so yeah, you may get lucky??

George euro
05-09-2008, 11:12 PM
hey guys i had a condensation issue with both my lights they were both very very bad the light bulbs and so on will not cause this it is a factory defect, mine was so bad i made honda replace it with brand spanking new front lights the whole piece and my car was 2 years out of warantee mak sure if any1 has that problem keep buggin them andu will get your way guys because it is their problem but they should kindly fix the problem for u they did in my case

assailant
06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
thinking i should be taking my car to the dealer for the service.. <_<

assailant
12-09-2008, 12:58 AM
*update*

honda specialist mechanic 'honmaz' serviced my car but informed me that only honda dealers were authorised to fit the headlight clips.

they suggested i just get the local dealer to do it (might have to stand there and watch them, dont trust them not to ding my car) and if the clips dont work, they suggest i push for a replacement headlight.. all of which should be free.

in other news, the trip home from perth i did 396kms between filling up and used 27L... not bad economy! (love the 25c/L cheaper fuel in perth)

unity
14-09-2008, 06:28 PM

Aaronng (or anyone else) is this gap between the bumper and the headlights normal? I have a gap of about 4mm on the passenger side but a normal snug fit on the driver's side. I have never had the water in the headlights issue but is this gap a problem or could it get worse?
Thanks.

assailant
20-09-2008, 07:55 PM
which reminds me...

reluctantly booked my car in to the local honda dealer (midwest auto group, aka dodgy brother's) and the mrs took it in her lunch break..

when the apprentice told her it was ready to go she asked about the moisture still inside the headlight and why it hadnt been dried out before the clips were fitted .. he tried to fob her off, but her pushing the issue alerted a senior mechanic to come have a look and he assessed the headlight as being too far gone for the clips to effective and instructed the apprentice to order a new headlight.

happy days!

EUR003act
20-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Aaronng (or anyone else) is this gap between the bumper and the headlights normal? I have a gap of about 4mm on the passenger side but a normal snug fit on the driver's side. I have never had the water in the headlights issue but is this gap a problem or could it get worse?
Thanks.

i have a slight gap on the lefthand sid eof my euro bumper/headlight... but my euro was in a small accident lol so not sure whether thats the cause...

having said that, the bumper being lower than the light will have nothing to do with the headlight getting moisture, theyre two completly different parts :thumbsup: the bumper acutally hangs off/clips onto a metal bracket bolted under the light, maybe if u bend that up a abit itll sit perfect! :D

Euro858
22-11-2008, 01:25 AM
Dammit Dammit Dammit! I got mist on my passenger lights. I'm past warrenty and have installed HID's!

Not as bad as the pics that have been posted. I'll give it a few days and hope for the best. Strip out HIDs and borrow dust caps and take it back to dealership even after warrenty? Anyone who's been in the same position successfully got them replaced AFTER warranty??

Sorry to revive this thread again :p

assailant
24-11-2008, 12:41 AM
i had mine replaced after warranty, only just recently.

mines a lux with factory hids though, so not exactly same position as you

George euro
24-11-2008, 06:46 PM
yeah same i had mine replaced out of warrantee for 3 years!! and they still covered me just 300 labour brand new lights

tknova
01-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I've recently had both my front headlamps replaced about 3 months ago due to moisture, and now there both fogging up.. AGAIN, (2006 standard)

I'm not too sure what to do, i don't want to go back and forth to the dealer every few months to get the headlights replaced.

Is there anything else i can do to stop them from fogging up again, and does anybody know what the culprit part of the headlight that is actually letting the water in?

Cheers.

tony1234
02-12-2008, 06:14 AM
I've recently had both my front headlamps replaced about 3 months ago due to moisture, and now there both fogging up.. AGAIN, (2006 standard)

I'm not too sure what to do, i don't want to go back and forth to the dealer every few months to get the headlights replaced.

Is there anything else i can do to stop them from fogging up again, and does anybody know what the culprit part of the headlight that is actually letting the water in?

Cheers.
I don't think you have much choice but to go back to the dealer.It's not your fault that they fogged up again.

j450n74y
04-08-2009, 10:38 PM
sorry to bring this thread up again..
but i brought my euro into burswood honda today and tried to get a replacement unit.

i bought this car over from a business and over the last few weeks when it rains ive realised it has had condensation collect in the headlight unit. Burswood honda was pretty good about it, however they had to confirm with honda australia if they will replace it. They confirmed with me that the campaign to fix up the unit has been doen 2 years ago, however it obviously hasnt worked (as per many of you fellow ozhonda members). Burswood Honda then told me that Honda Australia wouldnt fix it as its been 2 years and nothing was mentinoed since the campaign and its travelled many kms since then. I called the Honda Australia line to try and see if i could get anything out of this, however they refused. As it was a business car, i doubt anyone ever bothered to inspect the car properly, and it had a full service history with Burswood.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do regarding this?
The guy at Honda Australia advised that I cant assume that it wasnt fixed as I didnt own the car previously as there was no complaints after the campaign. I advised many people has had the campaign with no fix. He advised thats entirely my own assumptions and opinions etc.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks

Belinda03
12-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I have a 2003 Euro, about 12 months ago they had the car one day to do the brake pads, which was when I got told about the headlight clips. It was classed as a warranty job (how it hadn't been picked up beforehand I don't know) which they did for free. But I had never had an issue with condensation in the headlights until the particular dealership changed the clips. Your dealer should be able to put it through to Honda as a warranty job. The 'campaign' claim is a load of crap, I know for a fact that Ford service centres still call warranty jobs on older models such as AU's ( I used to work for them) even if they were called years ago.
If the dealer won't/can't replace the clips at least, try and take it to another service centre if there is one nearby.

j450n74y
13-08-2009, 03:10 AM
..it wasn't the dealer..the dealer agreed condensation was getting in. it was honda australia!

E-Gene
28-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Well, similarly to all our Euros here, my 07 Ltd Ed has got that problem in the passenger light as well. Unfortunately I too have got my dust covers drilled and HIDs installed. Tomorrow I'll try the silica sachel solution which I believe a lot of dealers use, and see how we go. If not, it looks like I'll have to do the "return to stock" method.

SPO73D
03-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Hmm, Seem to be getting water in my headlight now... 06 euro... I got drilled dust covers as well, will removing the headlight and sealing up the holes air-tight fix the issue? As in, will the evaporation be effective enough to remove all the water in the headlight after i've sealed it?

Anyone with other solutions for stopping the water with headlights with drilled dustcaps that were effective? Any idea's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

aroy7
13-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Sorry to dig up this thread but I was wondering if I could get some thoughts from people who have experience with this problem.

I bought my 06 Euro sport from New world honda 3 weeks ago and within a day the drivers side headlamp had gathered moisture....

Contacted the dealer and they had a look at it before telling me that, and I quote, 'we talked to our roadworthy guy and he said that moisture in the headlamp is permissible as long as there isn't water pooling at the bottom, its common with the euros'

I agreed to a 1 year statutory warranty with these guys and am pretty set on having this fixed by them, any thoughts on how to go about it? Because currently, they are not at all keen to do anything about it.

HunterZero
13-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Sorry to dig up this thread but I was wondering if I could get some thoughts from people who have experience with this problem.

I bought my 06 Euro sport from New world honda 3 weeks ago and within a day the drivers side headlamp had gathered moisture....

Contacted the dealer and they had a look at it before telling me that, and I quote, 'we talked to our roadworthy guy and he said that moisture in the headlamp is permissible as long as there isn't water pooling at the bottom, its common with the euros'

I agreed to a 1 year statutory warranty with these guys and am pretty set on having this fixed by them, any thoughts on how to go about it? Because currently, they are not at all keen to do anything about it.

Water leaking into the headlights is not acceptable. It could cause corrosion or premature failure of bulbs. You should not take no for an answer, they should fix that under warranty.

If they continue to give you grief, you could try taking it to Honda and seeing if they will fix it for free for you before you take the unscrupulous dealer to fair trading. But they will probably just throw a bag of desiccant in there to absorb the moisture, which is a temporary fix at best...

- HZ

Lazarus
13-05-2011, 12:19 PM
There are many mediums you can contact if you are dissatisfied with their service.
If they're a licensed Honda dealer, then you can contact Honda head office directly (1800 804 954 to the head office 24 hour toll free) or there are also NSW Fair Trading and the ACCC. =]

assailant
16-05-2011, 01:04 AM
wasnt it a recall issue?

i had mine replaced by a honda dealer well outside of the 3 year warranty period, try that angle

aroy7
16-05-2011, 12:54 PM
It was on some 04/05 cars I think, the dealer said mine was not affected as it is the facelift model...I'm going in on friday to discuss this.

[SDCTVE]
03-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Hey guys, I Just discovered this problem today on my 03 euro, first time I see it. do you think if I go to the dealer this week they'll do anything about it? or is it too late now? the car is 8 years old now so way outside the warranty period.

Asho
08-07-2011, 02:03 PM
;3041879']Hey guys, I Just discovered this problem today on my 03 euro, first time I see it. do you think if I go to the dealer this week they'll do anything about it? or is it too late now? the car is 8 years old now so way outside the warranty period.

I Have an 03 Euro aswell, Can you Let me Know how it goes as im going to get my power steering house replaced through the recall in about 2 weeks and if i could get that fixed up aswell it would be great

[SDCTVE]
10-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I Have an 03 Euro aswell, Can you Let me Know how it goes as im going to get my power steering house replaced through the recall in about 2 weeks and if i could get that fixed up aswell it would be great

Hey Mate, Honda was no help, apparently that recall has been done already, what they do is change the clips of the headlights. and on their system it was done in 2006 on my car.
according to honda there has been 3 recalls for our model
power steering hose
wiring loom for rear tail lights and reverse lights
and headlight clips for front drivers side headlight.
they told me that they only fix it once, if the problem comes back i need to buy a new headlight housing which is $560 or something like that.
it kinda didn't make sense to me why they'd only change the clips on the recall and not change the whole headlight?

Asho
11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
;3045678']Hey Mate, Honda was no help, apparently that recall has been done already, what they do is change the clips of the headlights. and on their system it was done in 2006 on my car.
according to honda there has been 3 recalls for our model
power steering hose
wiring loom for rear tail lights and reverse lights
and headlight clips for front drivers side headlight.
they told me that they only fix it once, if the problem comes back i need to buy a new headlight housing which is $560 or something like that.
it kinda didn't make sense to me why they'd only change the clips on the recall and not change the whole headlight?

More than Likely to Save Costs,

so does that mean that Recall has been finished and cant be claimed or is it just your car?

thanks for letting me know

[SDCTVE]
11-07-2011, 03:40 PM
No, it still can be claimed if it hasn't been done on your car yet, but they only perform the recall once, if the problem comes back they wont fix it again, which kinda sucks. anyway go to your local honda dealer and it should all be on their system, that's what I did.