PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Honda Civic EG SI - Fuse and Electrical problem

notJDM
05-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey all,

The wiper/power 20A fuse inside my car has been blowing up, even when I replace it with a new fuse, once I turn on the ignition (just one click) the fuse blows immediately. This causes my wipers and power windows to not operate.

I was wondering what is causing the fuse to blow even when I put in a new fuse? How can I fix this?
-I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem but I have recently snapped my door back, the door was open and stuck on the gate while I reversed causing the door to snap back. But anyways, can anyone help?

EgFanatic
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
check a short to ground, have a look at a wiring diagram and trace it, im sure you will find the culprit sounds like a short to ground.

IV73CI
06-12-2011, 01:50 PM
if you have accidentally snapped the door back then it the wiring harness on the door hinges could have been punctured/cut.

Look at the black rubber grommets near your door hinges, and inspect each wire to ensure that nothing is punctured or cut.

if its due to the above, then your + wire feed coming from the IGN ON position to the power window witch/motor is shorting/grounding.

notJDM
07-12-2011, 11:21 PM
if you have accidentally snapped the door back then it the wiring harness on the door hinges could have been punctured/cut.

Look at the black rubber grommets near your door hinges, and inspect each wire to ensure that nothing is punctured or cut.

if its due to the above, then your + wire feed coming from the IGN ON position to the power window witch/motor is shorting/grounding.

Yeh, I accidentally snapped the door back and dented the side fender in abit. But what I don't understand is how can this cause the fuse for "wipers/power windows" to keep blowing everytime I replace with new one. Is the ground wire for the fuse box in the door somewhere?

But anyways, are you talking bout that black cable pastthe steering wheel, on the door where the opening/closing hinges for the door? Where it seems that the black cable
is coming from the fuse box to the door? - If so, what should I do?

Bludger
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
do you understand what a short circuit is?

read up on it.

Bludger
08-12-2011, 11:17 AM
put some rubber gloves on and get a wire to join the positive & negative terminals on your battery.

do so at your own risk, it is educational though

once you see the result of what happens, then you will understand the purpose of a fuse.

notJDM
11-12-2011, 01:39 AM
do you understand what a short circuit is?

read up on it.

No, not really. Would be nice if you could explain and help with my problem. I don't really know much about all these technical stuff, so would be nice if you could explain and help me in simple form lol.

notJDM
11-12-2011, 01:43 AM
put some rubber gloves on and get a wire to join the positive & negative terminals on your battery.

do so at your own risk, it is educational though

once you see the result of what happens, then you will understand the purpose of a fuse.

Dude, why would I do that? It would only make more problems and risk injury. I don't really care about all these technical stuff. All that matters is if someone could help me on my question and problem. Stay on topic and simple is all I ask. Really don't got time to be experimenting with other stuff. I can't drive in the rain since wipers won't work, or have my windows opened when it gets hot and stuffy!

TbM
11-12-2011, 02:45 AM
No, not really. Would be nice if you could explain and help with my problem. I don't really know much about all these technical stuff, so would be nice if you could explain and help me in simple form lol.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_circuit

Dude, why would I do that? It would only make more problems and risk injury. I don't really care about all these technical stuff. All that matters is if someone could help me on my question and problem. Stay on topic and simple is all I ask. Really don't got time to be experimenting with other stuff. I can't drive in the rain since wipers won't work, or have my windows opened when it gets hot and stuffy!
You would do that so you can see what a short circut is and why we use fuses...... He is staying on topic, you more than likly have a short circut and you need to find where. To do this you would need to know what a short circut is hence the experiment......

If you dont really care about "these technical stuff" and you "don't got time" take it to an auto electrician. From the sounds of it you dont have the appropriate knowledge or experience to fix this issue yourself anyway.

dorikin
11-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Yeh, I accidentally snapped the door back and dented the side fender in abit. But what I don't understand is how can this cause the fuse for "wipers/power windows" to keep blowing everytime I replace with new one. Is the ground wire for the fuse box in the door somewhere?

But anyways, are you talking bout that black cable pastthe steering wheel, on the door where the opening/closing hinges for the door? Where it seems that the black cable
is coming from the fuse box to the door? - If so, what should I do?

You'll need to inspect all the way from the fusebox through the door hinges to inside the door to see where the problem is. Once you find the short, fix it.

If you don't understand what I just said, take it to a sparky.