PDA

View Full Version : really noob Q's, D15B running massively rich and rough as!

mark.
05-12-2011, 05:32 PM
hey guys, I have tried searching everywhere, to no avail,
motor is a D15b twin carb,
this is the part, goes right after the pump, need to replace it as its leaking out of the pressed top.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/markita031/2011-12-05181117.jpg

thanks heaps guys, initially i thought it was an FPR, but theres no vac line or anything, got me stumped (although I'm no expert LOL)

hmetro24
05-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Fuel Filter?
Try to use a hose straight from the mechanical pump to the carbie

mark.
05-12-2011, 05:52 PM
cheers mate, that was a thought that crossed my mind, was probs goin to give it a crack later lol

thanks man!

mark.
07-12-2011, 08:23 PM
ok guys, rather than make a million threads, I might put a few more Q's in here...

I've searched all over the net on this one, have reached as good of a conclusion as I can, but I'd rather put it out to the experts!
full story, bought the car off e bay as I want to do a motor swap in the daily as its pretty smokey.
trying to start this one, (it has been sitting for ages!)
the throttle was jammed shut, we fixed that, got is started, and it just seems to want to flood itself, won't idle, and just puffs out black smoke.
so I put new plugs in it, fresh fuel and carby cleaner, tried another rotor button and dizzy cap, all with no luck, so my conclusion is that it may be the carbs?
few Q's.
are they possible to rebuild / clean yourself, or is it a job best left for the pros?
is it even in fact likely to be the carbs?

cheers in advance guys!

hmetro24
07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Black smoke, mean it's running rich. so the carbie is running rich. Carbie full re-build kit is around 300$+.so it's like waste of money for it. you can rebuild the carbie yourself if you got an open mind and good with tools.
it could has a vaccum leak.