PDA

View Full Version : EG bucket seat rails

itequilla
07-12-2011, 10:17 PM
I just bought a pair of bucket seats and they came with rails, but thing is the rails they dont seem to fit my EG. Just wondering are there universal rails or can i purchase some for these seats.

The bucket seats are unbranded just bucketed for more comfort.

Can anyone help me with this? Any info will be great.

Thanks.

stndrd
07-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Are the bottom or side mount bucket seats? Do you know what car the rails are to suit?
If the buckets are bottom mounted you could probably get a set of bride (genuine or knock off) rails to suit eg that will do the job

JPR28610
08-12-2011, 11:28 AM
You can get the Bride bottom mount seat rails for EG, however you're looking at spending more than $400 (genuine) for only the pair of rails.
Since you only have regular non-branded bucket seats I reckon just make do with the rails you have now & modify it (depends if it's just bending or actually having to weld it to fit) Otherwise, you can go on Ebay and look for universal rails to fit your EG. BUT keep in mind, that you'll probably have to modify that anyway. oh &.. Most ordinary aftermarket bucket seats already have "universal" rails on them, but this doesn't mean it'll fit in easily, like I said they mostly require modifying it yourself. unless you wanna fork out the $$$

stndrd
08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I paid $600 for both my bride rails landed including taxes

itequilla
09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
ive sorta identified my seats they look like monza seats without any branding, its either retrimmed or just look a likes.
where would i be able to go to if i wanted to customize my seat rails i currently have? and how much am i looking at?

JPR28610
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM
ive sorta identified my seats they look like monza seats without any branding, its either retrimmed or just look a likes.
where would i be able to go to if i wanted to customize my seat rails i currently have? and how much am i looking at?

Just bring them to your trusted panel beater & they can modify the rails for you, if you don't wanna do them yourself. or maybe bring it to your local performance parts shop/centre & have them fit it in.
I'm not sure how much they'd charge but it'll range from like $50 to max $250 or something.