PDA

View Full Version : ITR vs ASR swaybar

carab
13-12-2011, 07:58 PM
After peoples experience/knowledge in the field of rear swaybars

Tossing up between the OEM ITR rear swaybar which is 22mm hollow bar I believe or the ASR swaybar 24mm hollow bar (correct me if im wrong already).

I'd be happy to get the ASR one but my main concern is ill be getting too much oversteer and then need to upgrade the front bar (which im avoiding).

It really comes down to, would it feel balanced with the ITR bar or is the ITR one still holding it back and i should just go the whole way with the ASR one. Running 24mm front and back is a bit daunting :confused:. In terms of handling, am i going to find a significant difference between the two?

Heeellp!

mugen_ctr
13-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Depends on ur current setup u have now.....what u want and and ur driving preference, some prefer more over steer nature so opt for a thicker an others a more under steer so a smaller one...

If u have the standard ITR 26mm setup front, than stick to the 22mm as it offers what the itr already handles like, and is more predictable around corners to the cars behavior, slight under steer but very manageable around corners

Using a thicker 24mm will make it a more neutral handling car, as im running atm on my car a 22m front and 20mm, rear though not the same, i was in the same boat, thicker or thinner, it does create a neutral handling, it very manageable around corners but there are times where it can get hairy because of the way i drive lol, but thats just my experience

Imo, at the end of the day, choosing the thickness of swaybar really comes down to what u use it on, track, gymkhana, time attack etc etc and also driver preference.

What works for one driver may not work on another driver :)

vtecing
14-12-2011, 12:06 AM
U may as well ask how long is a piece of string? Mugen_ctr has covered most of it. Just depends on ur driving style and what compliments your current set up. Unfortunately it's not possible to just say, do this because it will give you 'X' result. And you can not copy someone else's set up and expect to achieve the same results.

When it comes down to it you have have to learn from experience when it comes to handling. It's probably not the simple answer you were looking for but it is the right one, it will be expensive and span out over many years of buying, testing and changing components until u find a set up which u are happy with. And even then u will still find urself looking to change tyre pressures, toe angles, spring rates, damper settings etc etc.

carab
14-12-2011, 08:23 AM
good advice, thank you. At this point ill stick with the ITR one as id rather start from the understeer side of things and work my way up. If not i can always upgrade later. cheers

integragsi96
14-12-2011, 09:50 AM
26mm RSB and DRIFT!!!
but seriously go the 22mm RSB

mugen_ctr
14-12-2011, 10:39 AM
If u really wanted to, get a white line adjustable rsb, as they offer 2-3 different settings of adjustments for more refined settings over the oem itr item, same thickness but the small adjustments allow you to setup the swaybar to how u want it :)

carab
15-12-2011, 02:31 PM
If u really wanted to, get a white line adjustable rsb, as they offer 2-3 different settings of adjustments for more refined settings over the oem itr item, same thickness but the small adjustments allow you to setup the swaybar to how u want it :)

I've considered it but for the extra $$, i'd rather just take honda's proven engineering as they've done most of the hard work and tinkering already. Plus i may have just found a 23mm jdm itr bar. I cant imagine 1mm difference will make it too tail happy.

26mm RSB and DRIFT!!!
but seriously go the 22mm RSB

As much as i'd like to, need rwd to do it properly though :(

dc2screama
15-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Carab, What happen to the blox sway bar mate?

carab
15-12-2011, 05:12 PM
wouldnt mount up to the ASR brace, didn't want to run it without so figured i'd stick to OEM while i'm at it. Saves me hassle later. Want it back? lol

If anyone else wants it enquire within

stndrd
15-12-2011, 06:44 PM
surprisingly, 1mm can make a fair bit of difference. i understand the extra cash may not be there, but invest in an adjustable so that way you have the option of running it that bit firmer and in combination with function7/skunk2 etc rear lca's will give you an even greater scope to fine tune with

dc2screama
15-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Ah serious! I ran it without one for a couple of weeks then got the asr brace and sway, good combo!
Lol nah thanks mate

carab
15-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Ah serious! I ran it without one for a couple of weeks then got the asr brace and sway, good combo!
Lol nah thanks mate

Yeah i had that option but id rather not run it without the brace. Dont want to be repairing a subframe later down the track and regreting it.