PDA

View Full Version : VIC Defect

euRo_noob
14-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi guys,

I just got a defect on Saturday at Great Ocean Road for too low and too stiff. I just put in my stock suspension today and was going to get a road worthy at Kmart Tyre and Auto Service BUT the guy there says I should put my stock airbox back instead of keeping the SRI in. Problem with putting the stock airbox back in is that I'm missing a tube which is for the emissions I think. I'm pretty sure Autobahn and stuff don't have it and to order it from Honda, it's going to take 2-4 weeks to arrive which is way too long.

Do you guys think they'll check my engine bay?

Here's a pic of what I'm missing:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9681/img6330v.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/img6330v.jpg/)

Edit: It's a major that's why I need a roady.

Oxer
14-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Garden hose....

Its only a breather pipe, + Im guessing you'll put the whale penis back on anyway?

euRo_noob
14-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, it's a breather hose thingy said the guy. It's half metal half rubber though. Or Vic Roads won't actually check, as long as it's a hose connecting the two?

And yes, I'm just gonna put my intake back on afterwards anyways :\ ANY HOSE WILL DO? Silicon hose or something?

WATAJK
14-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi guys,

I just got a defect on Saturday at Great Ocean Road for too low and too stiff. I just put in my stock suspension today and was going to get a road worthy at Kmart Tyre and Auto Service BUT the guy there says I should put my stock airbox back instead of keeping the SRI in. Problem with putting the stock airbox back in is that I'm missing a tube which is for the emissions I think. I'm pretty sure Autobahn and stuff don't have it and to order it from Honda, it's going to take 2-4 weeks to arrive which is way too long.

Do you guys think they'll check my engine bay?

Here's a pic of what I'm missing:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9681/img6330v.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/img6330v.jpg/)

Edit: It's a major that's why I need a roady.

I passed a roadworthy with a Cold Air intake and he's not letting you pass with an SRI?
WTF.... i have this breather pipe you seek, you may borrow it for your roadworthy if you wish...
PM me if you need

euRo_noob
14-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I passed a roadworthy with a Cold Air intake and he's not letting you pass with an SRI?
WTF.... i have this breather pipe you seek, you may borrow it for your roadworthy if you wish...
PM me if you need

Yeah, I didn't even get defected for the SRI but he wants me to put it back to stock anyways zzzz.
Luckily I JUST found my breather pipe. Thanks a lot though WATAJK; would've been my life saver.
Now, for the Vic Roads bit, do I gotta call and book it in or can I just show up and throw some rocks at the anal c*nts -_-

(Going to get the road worthy tomorrow morning hopefully)

Riced_Civic
14-12-2011, 05:04 PM
u do know they are only doing that to cover their asses as they will be the ones copping it if something happens and you try to blame them.

WATAJK
14-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I didn't even get defected for the SRI but he wants me to put it back to stock anyways zzzz.
Luckily I JUST found my breather pipe. Thanks a lot though WATAJK; would've been my life saver.
Now, for the Vic Roads bit, do I gotta call and book it in or can I just show up and throw some rocks at the anal c*nts -_-

(Going to get the road worthy tomorrow morning hopefully)

Was it a minor or major?
Minor you can rock up, show them the roadworthy and thats it (well thats what happened for me)
But i think the laws have changed now, might pay dude to just give them a bell or go VERY early in the morning, like opening time.
Booking saves you the hassle of a long ass wait, just make sure your on time.

Let us know how you go.

u do know they are only doing that to cover their asses as they will be the ones copping it if something happens and you try to blame them.

Of course, i agree with you on that.

euRo_noob
14-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Yeah, I understand that so that's why I'm not trying to go to another place cause it'd be the same/they'd just give me a roady and if they check up on the intake, I'd get my ass owned and gotta get another roady anyways.

Was it a minor or major?
Minor you can rock up, show them the roadworthy and thats it (well thats what happened for me)
But i think the laws have changed now, might pay dude to just give them a bell or go VERY early in the morning, like opening time.
Booking saves you the hassle of a long ass wait, just make sure your on time.

Let us know how you go.

Of course, i agree with you on that.

It's a major -_-
I gave Vic Roads a call and they said just rock up with the roady and take a number and wait... But yeah, I'll update this tomorrow to see how it goes.

Thanks guys

Symphorced
14-12-2011, 10:17 PM
PM me if you need

Why the shock? For all you know, he could have had an exposed and unsecured pod as an SRI? It would also be a lot more obvious than a CAI tucked away in the wheel well.

mugen_ctr
15-12-2011, 11:45 AM
In vic we can have one intake mod, so u can get away with any form of intake mod, but what baffles me is why the trouble of going back to oem air box :S

Plenty of ppl have passed rwc with pods an that, even me.... just make sure the intake system is very secure and held with thick brackets...

Use garden hoses as said, or go to bursons or auto-one an get power steering hoses, or better yet go to clark rubber, they should have what ur looking for

Oxer
15-12-2011, 12:19 PM
In vic we can have one intake mod, so u can get away with any form of intake mod, but what baffles me is why the trouble of going back to oem air box :S

Plenty of ppl have passed rwc with pods an that, even me.... just make sure the intake system is very secure and held with thick brackets...

Use garden hoses as said, or go to bursons or auto-one an get power steering hoses, or better yet go to clark rubber, they should have what ur looking for

In Vic, you cant have any mods.

But if you read the thread he found his breather hose ;)

mugen_ctr
15-12-2011, 12:28 PM
In Vic, you cant have any mods.

But if you read the thread he found his breather hose ;)

i see hahaha, but in saying so, im pretty sure u can have one intake mod

" (a) Open element or pod type air cleaners on
carburetted vehicles are not permitted.

(b) Dry element pod type air cleaners are permitted on EFI vehicles. Oiled, oil-soaked or
fluid-treated elements are not permitted. Anysensors integral to the original system must
be retrofitted to the same approximate location."

http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/publications.nsf/2f1c2625731746aa4a256ce90001cbb5/c90ec843f3bbbe8fca256d9f00181c59/$FILE/1031.pdf

Oxer
15-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Ask a cop if you can modify your car, see what they say.

If they say "as long as its legal" then forget it, How many parts are actually ADR approved? not only that, but if a cop is out to get you, you're screwed either way...

Conclusion - All modifications are illegal.

euRo_noob
15-12-2011, 01:46 PM
MTHRFKERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... I went through all the trouble of actually paying my dad's friend to put back on my stock sussy (because I thought if he could do the sussy straight away in the morning, I can get my RWC by the end of the day but I ended up spending a few hours trying to find the stupid breather pipe since they told me to put back on my stock airbox) AND THE FKN VIC ROADS DIDN'T EVEN GO OUT TO CHECK MY CAR...

Stupid assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...... but oh well... nothing I can do about it zzz.

/endrant.

euRo_noob
15-12-2011, 01:49 PM
FYI, the CU2 suspension is REALLY hard to put on/take out (the rears) so that's why I paid someone to do it.. otherwise, I would've done it myself.

And yes, I could've raised my car with the coils and soften the dampers (which is what I did so I wasted my time doing that too) but the rwc place said it's still too stiff. But stupid thing is, even with my stock sussy on, the bounce is pretty much exactly the same -_-

Oxer
15-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Stiffness has nothing to do with suspension travel.

Sounds like you got ripped off lol.

And if you have a full roady for a major defect, vicroads rarely go out to check the car.

euRo_noob
15-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Ahh dammit. Stupid as. Thanks Oxer. Police should just all die. Even Brimbank council tried to fine me before.. I was parked on the side of the road cause my mum went into the shops so I was signaling left and the old **** knocks on my window 'Hayy... u can't park ere'... it's a $70 fine buddy'... Should've just told him to **** off -_-

WATAJK
15-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Ask a cop if you can modify your car, see what they say.

If they say "as long as its legal" then forget it, How many parts are actually ADR approved? not only that, but if a cop is out to get you, you're screwed either way...

Conclusion - All modifications are illegal.

This is true.
ADR approved it must be or else GG

Oxer
16-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Ahh dammit. Stupid as. Thanks Oxer. Police should just all die. Even Brimbank council tried to fine me before.. I was parked on the side of the road cause my mum went into the shops so I was signaling left and the old **** knocks on my window 'Hayy... u can't park ere'... it's a $70 fine buddy'... Should've just told him to **** off -_-

With an attitude like that, you'll get many more fines in the future...

Johnie
16-12-2011, 08:45 PM
I passed rwc on a s13 with air pod in just had to be tight and secure. cops look at it all the time and im getting diffrant answers between each cop, one says p platers not allowed to have it in but others dont care i had a whole group of cops (defect station) look at the engine bay and they just checked if it was tight or not as.

and checking if the car was turbo but it was a na sils :)

Johnie
16-12-2011, 08:47 PM
LOLOL my mum got fined for the exact same thing and lost 3 points kinna bullshit. but swearing back at them wont help they could of gave u a heavyer fine.

euRo_noob
17-12-2011, 08:49 AM
With an attitude like that, you'll get many more fines in the future...

Yeah, I know you're right but I didn't do anything. Just drove off normally without saying a word..

I passed rwc on a s13 with air pod in just had to be tight and secure. cops look at it all the time and im getting diffrant answers between each cop, one says p platers not allowed to have it in but others dont care i had a whole group of cops (defect station) look at the engine bay and they just checked if it was tight or not as.

and checking if the car was turbo but it was a na sils :)

I suppose it depends on how anal the cop is :\

LOLOL my mum got fined for the exact same thing and lost 3 points kinna bullshit. but swearing back at them wont help they could of gave u a heavyer fine.

Nah, I didn't say anything back. So stupid though..

EgFanatic
17-12-2011, 12:25 PM
thats the pipe for blow by gasses created in the crank case from oil n shit, it kills performance and sludges your intake :] i put a breather on my one.. lol go wreckers find a decent hose plug it in done.. lol

euRo_noob
17-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Nah, I found it again. It's all good.

Also, another question... am I on the system now that I've been defected? So if it happens again, worse consequences or anything? I can't stand my car at 4x4 status... but gonna have to deal with it until after new years probably..

DA9-47
17-12-2011, 11:20 PM
mmm i'd say you would have a flag saying you have been defected before,

being chrismas and all i havent seen all these cops that the ads say are everywhere, pritty casual compaired to prior Chrissyz.......

main thing i will avoid is being to low , first thing a cop looks for, then how much noise your making, then the way your driving, then your attitude , all these things imo play a role in a cop making up his mind if he wants to **** you up.

All cops arnt like this, just the ones on a power trip piss me off to the max, cant handle it, like it isnt enough that they book you for ****ing sneezing these days , but they are smart asses about it and if you so much a make a squeek they will do you 10 x harder!!!

euRo_noob
18-12-2011, 12:07 AM
As much as I want to put everything back on, I'm gonna wait until after New Years I think :( Unless I get bored one day and put them back in lol.

I've been seeing way too many cops. They're all over the place so I don't feel safe with my car lowered.

I'll just keep it stock for now.

Hmmm, flagged... does that stay on the system forever? This is just in case I decide to go back to low soon and they bust me again :S And I was also planning to weld on my two Magnaflow mufflers that just arrived.

vyets
19-12-2011, 09:18 AM
they actually don't keep record of how many times your car has been defected however they do keep a record of your driving history. ie speeding fines etc.

vic roads won't check your car if they're busy, however the new laws with rwc and photos they don't really need to check anyway as the photos show evidence that your cars high az.

euRo_noob
19-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Kmart Auto & Tyres Service didn't give me any photos.. unless they just send it straight through to Vic Roads and I didn't even know? o-o

Oh, so getting defects doesn't stay on the recrods.. guess that's alright then..

Thanks guys. I'll probably lower my rears today; did my fronts yesterday. Can't stand my car being stock :\

vyets
19-12-2011, 09:54 AM
they have to send the photos straight to vicroads so there's no fkn around.

upto you man, but there's been alot of cops around latley.

i can't confirm 100% that they don't keep a record but I have a mate who got defected (minor), cleared it and 2 days later got pulled over, he decided to lie and say his car is still defected. Cops said oh, checked his license went back to car came back and they said well we can't find out if your defected or not but we'll give you another one just incase.. then he got a major ROFL.

Defects are part of the game, gotta pay to play get used to it lol :) if it makes you feel any better one of my mates has about 8 defects under his name haha

UHC292
19-12-2011, 10:55 AM
The reason why we made you put your stock intake back in was because we cover our asses and save both you and I the trouble incase anything went down with Vicroads, your breather was an emission problem that's why you had to put the pipe back on and photos were sent to Vic roads straight away to say we haven't done anything dodgy at the time of the test incase you decide to lower your car and say we've passed it at that height, which some tool has done to us in the past and went court for it. Believe me rwc are going to get strict and more expensive in the near future which Paul looked after you and gave it to you at a cheaper price.

euRo_noob
19-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Oh nah, it's understandable. I didn't want to give you guys a bad name and stuff too so that's why I just went with what you guys said and put back on my stock suspension and stock airbox back on. You guys have good customer service, very helpful (Y). I could've been dodgy and get a dodgy rwc but if something were to happen, I'd just be wasting more time and money. I'm glad I found my breather pipe otherwise I'd be in some trouble since I called Honda and they said it'd take several weeks for it to arrive.

But yeah, thanks a lot for your help guys.

And LOL at your friend Vyets..... minor into a major, hahahah. I've been seeing A LOT of cops around Sunshine too. Gonna try be safe about it :\

DA9-47
21-12-2011, 09:48 AM

i can't confirm 100% that they don't keep a record but I have a mate who got defected (minor), cleared it and 2 days later got pulled over, he decided to lie and say his car is still defected. Cops said oh, checked his license went back to car came back and they said well we can't find out if your defected or not but we'll give you another one just incase.. then he got a major ROFL.

Defects are part of the game, gotta pay to play get used to it lol :) if it makes you feel any better one of my mates has about 8 defects under his name haha

8 defects????? lolz
he clearly enjoys playing the game then lmfao

Oxer
21-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I dont keep count.... was over 10 though..

DA9-47
21-12-2011, 10:37 AM
lol faaaaaa that sucks man ,

you'd have a few stories to tell lol

Stig
21-12-2011, 04:54 PM

hahaha reminds me of longers, got defected for height, raised it and got it cleared, ran home lowered it again

got defected the next day...

longers
21-12-2011, 05:27 PM
aaahhhhh sheeeeddduupppp

vyets
21-12-2011, 06:54 PM
hahaha reminds me of longers, got defected for height, raised it and got it cleared, ran home lowered it again

got defected the next day...

guess i was wrong 1 day LOL

UHC292
21-12-2011, 07:10 PM
lol long, worse luck, i thought vyet had it bad

Lukey
22-12-2011, 09:21 PM
they dont send photos into vicroads, they are there incase vicroads decide to do an audit on a workshop

Red_EG4
22-12-2011, 09:49 PM

A friend of mine was threatened with being taken to court for knowingly modifying his vehicle to be in unsafe condition after 2 or 3 defects for too low.
I'm not sure if this was due to a recorded history on the system, or the recorded history in the TMU officers head.

UHC292
23-12-2011, 09:04 AM
they dont send photos into vicroads, they are there incase vicroads decide to do an audit on a workshop

Lol I do the rwc checks here we got a system on our computers we have to send photos to them, we keep a record of the photos and Vicroads keeps a record of it aswell whether they actually look at it or not I don't know or maybe they keep it on their system for auditing purposes I don't know but everytime a car gets a rwc photos are taken of the vin, rego(if registered), vehicle with the wheels off, and vehicle infront of the workshop with the workshop sign in the background, then sent to Vicroads. That's what I've been personally instructed by Vicroads and we work right next to them *shrugs*

UHC292
23-12-2011, 09:21 AM
And photo of speedo

Lukey
23-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Lol I do the rwc checks here we got a system on our computers we have to send photos to them, we keep a record of the photos and Vicroads keeps a record of it aswell whether they actually look at it or not I don't know or maybe they keep it on their system for auditing purposes I don't know but everytime a car gets a rwc photos are taken of the vin, rego(if registered), vehicle with the wheels off, and vehicle infront of the workshop with the workshop sign in the background, then sent to Vicroads. That's what I've been personally instructed by Vicroads and we work right next to them *shrugs*

the guys at work who do rwc's dont send photos in afaik from what they have told me

UHC292
23-12-2011, 10:35 PM
It's still pretty new, things will be more clear over time lol

khanguskhan
24-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Yea, the garage I go to is holding photos at the moment for audits. They aren't sending anything in.

UHC292
24-12-2011, 06:59 AM
It's a waste of time really taking these dam photos can be a pain especially with some of the awkward location of the vin numbers, slows everything down.

UHC292
24-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Alright guys just had a chat with one of our customers which work at Vicroads. Confirmed that the photos are to be stored on business hard drive for auditing purposes. The bigger companies like ours are stored in an Intranet hard drive which Vic roads can get access to if needed for any reasons, so it doesnt directly get sent to them but on the system for them to access, smaller workshops don't have these facilities so they're just kept on a business hard drive. Sorry for any misleading info guys hope this clears things up

euRo_noob
01-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Ohhh alright :o I still got another 2 weeks before I should do anything? If they bust me before then, both the place that did my RWC ( you guys ) and I are screwed? :S

egb16b
02-01-2012, 01:13 PM
yeah just heard about this new rwc thingy...harcore shitt. i remember when i got my first car n my first roady.. the guy just checked if my horn worked and then wrote me up lol

ahh how things have changed.