PDA

View Full Version : shit shit shit locked my keys inside stupid euro

adis
17-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Quick story, few mins ago i was going through my boot, placed the keys inside as i needed to use both hands, when i was done, slam the boot down *LOCK*....keys inside, no spare keys!!!
shit! any suggestions on how to get the car unlocked??:o

MingZai
17-12-2011, 09:28 AM
get a brick and chuck it through the window?

Jokes...

Umm you going to have to call a locksmith of some sort :(

Why don't you have spare keys?

adis
17-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Brick is a option...no jokes!

Ill have to call someone, never really done this sort of stuff before...

No spare keys because my dealer that sold me the car never supplied spare fukin keys, doddgy i know

bennjamin
17-12-2011, 10:28 AM
typical Ozhonda situation.....

locks keys in car

*thinks*

logs into ozhonda and makes thread about their stupid situation , all in the time it could of taken to call up or join RACQ or NRMA etc and get them to come out and jimmy your lock and get your keys out.

marquee
17-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Nah dont get a brick get a spark plug and put it on the window looks real cool

richard_k
17-12-2011, 10:51 AM
i locked my keys in the boot once when it was like 11pm and pissing down rain :(

Hongtegra
17-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Tennis ball with a hole cut in it?

Have you tried opening the other doors, maybe they're not locked.

bennjamin
17-12-2011, 11:06 AM
call up or join RACQ or NRMA etc and get them to come out and jimmy your lock and get your keys out.

Ill requote myself.....

adis
17-12-2011, 01:17 PM
typical Ozhonda situation.....

locks keys in car

*thinks*

logs into ozhonda and makes thread about their stupid situation , all in the time it could of taken to call up or join RACQ or NRMA etc and get them to come out and jimmy your lock and get your keys out.

Gee your great help!
Well during my 27 years on this earth i have never done this so asking for peoples opinion before i waste 200 bux on someone unlocking my car, yes its silly but it is what it is! Your post certainly didnt help...

adis
17-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Tennis ball with a hole cut in it?

Have you tried opening the other doors, maybe they're not locked.

Whole car automatically locked it self as soon as i dropped the boot... oh well thx anyway

-[NoS]-
17-12-2011, 02:03 PM
only option i see is racv ppl... unless you know some 'gone in 60 seconds' type characters...

i almost did this the other day... lucky had my window down... :D... my spare was plan b :D...

keep us posted buddy!!!

Tai
17-12-2011, 02:10 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001585449/4854749137_simpsons_nelson_haha_1_xlarge.jpeg

adis
17-12-2011, 04:25 PM
-;3187192']only option i see is racv ppl... unless you know some 'gone in 60 seconds' type characters...

i almost did this the other day... lucky had my window down... :D... my spare was plan b :D...

keep us posted buddy!!!

Ye got some local locksmith guy, came in, 5 min later using some special key, got it opened, 5 min= $150, not a bad lil job.
Im going to have to make spare key. Since moving houses, lost my wallet and now locked my key in the car, no luck at all!

adis
17-12-2011, 04:26 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001585449/4854749137_simpsons_nelson_haha_1_xlarge.jpeg

happens to the best of us -)

bennjamin
17-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Gee your great help!
Well during my 27 years on this earth i have never done this so asking for peoples opinion before i waste 200 bux on someone unlocking my car, yes its silly but it is what it is! Your post certainly didnt help...

Dude. It DID help. It clearly states to call up the applicable roadside service and get them to get it out.
If you are a member it's free. If not you would have to join up - not a waste as it gets you a years membership too.
Also it's accessible pretty much 24/7 where locksmiths work generally normal hours.

Remember that you will need to copy the immobiliser out of your current key as a blank copy won't start your euro

adis
17-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Remember that you will need to copy the immobiliser out of your current key as a blank copy won't start your euro

cheers

-[NoS]-
17-12-2011, 07:20 PM
DAMN!!! $150!!! knock on wood this shit dont happen to me..

Egcivicduty
17-12-2011, 07:33 PM
just do the old window push and twisted coat hanger trick, 65% of the time.... it works all the time

Simonnn
18-12-2011, 12:32 AM
I did exactly this TWICE in my euro :'( ended up calling RACV both times and got them to break into my car to get my keys LOL.

..At least I feel like less of an idiot now.. :D

vaikis
18-12-2011, 01:38 AM
always have 2 keys ;)

bugeater
18-12-2011, 02:00 PM
just do the old window push and twisted coat hanger trick, 65% of the time.... it works all the time
now I'm no expert on these matters, but I'm pretty sure this doesn't work on modern cars and you risk doing damage.

HONTUNE
18-12-2011, 02:12 PM
now I'm no expert on these matters, but I'm pretty sure this doesn't work on modern cars and you risk doing damage.

Correct. The actuator and lock mechanism has covers over it.. So if you can break the cover of first it will work but takes forever.

MR_LATE
19-12-2011, 03:04 PM
fcuk.. bad luck bro. join racq/racv, they arent bad to be with.

chuboy
22-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Whenever I am working in the boot of my Euro I make sure to open one of the passenger doors so that the whole car stays unlocked to avoid situations like this. It's easy enough to do.

marquee
22-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Also if you push down on the seat it wont lock

kksh
22-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Also if you push down on the seat it wont lock

What do you mean "push down on the seat" to make it not lock?

marquee
22-12-2011, 09:29 AM
The car knows if your in it or not by sitting on it. It never locks if you push down on the seat

kksh
22-12-2011, 10:20 AM
The car knows if your in it or not by sitting on it. It never locks if you push down on the seat

Wow, you learn something new each day. Thanks.

denot
22-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Man... so happy with keyless entry on my new car (CX9) I've been on the same situation when I was still driving CU2, lucky I my wife always have the spare on her purse.

With CX9, its keyless entry! Key never leave my jeans pocket ;)

Johnie
22-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Happened to me 2 times in my s13 first time i left the keys inside on my seat, called racv yay! yeah i got bagged by people at work for calling them but what else can u do?,

2nd was i went to drop off stuff and left my car running, when i come back the door was locked fml so the car stayed on for like 30mins while waiting for racv to come :p was nearly outta petrol aswell.
They do a good job without any damage. and its free coz my mum is a member and its under her name :)))

adis
22-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Whenever I am working in the boot of my Euro I make sure to open one of the passenger doors so that the whole car stays unlocked to avoid situations like this. It's easy enough to do.

Yea, normally i place the key on top of the roof.

But this time i started looking for my wallet and used only my left hand, but then changed my mind and decided to use two hands, so i placed it down and i made sure i was aware that the key is there, knowing the consequences if i forget.
As i got frustrated with not being able to find my wallet, little angry with my self, i slammed the boot! Rest is history! hehe

rambohung
22-12-2011, 09:25 PM

U must hav a smart car. Once I finished filled up at the station and my usual habit is to lock the car before I go in & pay, forgot my parents was still in the car. Then my car alarm tell & scream when my Dad pop out of the car X_X

dougie_504
22-12-2011, 11:50 PM
This is why I don't want keyless entry lol. First thing I ever did when I bought both my current cars is went and got spares cut.

MR_LATE
22-12-2011, 11:56 PM
im not following this whole push on seat thing>?

if there is someone in the car then whats the worry?
how do u push on the seat without opening the doors first? (beside crawling thru the boot)

marquee
23-12-2011, 07:31 AM
No its before you lock yourself out push on the seat and it won't lock automatically. Same as putingbthe keys in the ignition

aaronng
23-12-2011, 08:48 AM

Doesn't work for me. The car knows if you are in it if you open one of the doors and then close it. I don't think the system is sophisticated enough to use the seat sensors (plus the rear seats don't have sensors)

dougie_504
23-12-2011, 09:06 AM
^

Wouldn't surprise me if it can with those damned seatbelt sensors that beep when weight it on the seat and the belt is off lol

marquee
23-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Yer the rear seat doesn't have senses just the front. Works for me ill take a video if u like

aaronng
23-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Yer the rear seat doesn't have senses just the front. Works for me ill take a video if u like

Try this:
Get in the front seat of the car, lock the doors using the remote. Then unlock the doors using the remote and wait. It should still lock itself back up eventhough you are in the front seat.

MR_LATE
23-12-2011, 07:11 PM
No its before you lock yourself out push on the seat and it won't lock automatically. Same as putingbthe keys in the ignition

wait wait. when u say lock urself out. youre outside the car. so to push on the seat or put the keys in the ignition u ought to 'open the door' ??? then how can u lock urself out if u open the door already??

Get in the front seat of the car, lock the doors using the remote. Then unlock the doors using the remote and wait. It should still lock itself back up eventhough you are in the front seat.

same with mine.

biee2
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
wait wait. when u say lock urself out. youre outside the car. so to push on the seat or put the keys in the ignition u ought to 'open the door' ??? then how can u lock urself out if u open the door already??

same with mine.

i think what he means is if you have your keys in the ignition and then get out of the car and lock the doors. as soon as the doors are closed they should unlock themselves automatically

MR_LATE
08-01-2012, 05:48 AM
i think what he means is if you have your keys in the ignition and then get out of the car and lock the doors. as soon as the doors are closed they should unlock themselves automatically
if my drivers door is opened, it wont let me lock.

aaronng
08-01-2012, 07:38 AM

This is the same with most cars, even my old Datsun 120Y from years and years ago. You can't lock the driver's door by hand and then slam it close. It will unlock itself automatically. To get around it, you pull the door handle on the outside while closing the door. This will allow it to stay locked.