PDA

View Full Version : MY 12 jazz now coming from Japan as of late jan

Pages : [1] 2

UNLS1
20-12-2011, 08:32 AM
this might be old news but due to the thia flood probs all jazz as of the end of feb will be Jap jazz. 2 models a Gli Vibe and a Vibe S Vti.

Gli has alloys, climate control, rear spoiler, cruise, leather steering wheel (paddle shifters if auto) and leather steering wheel,

Vti Vibe S, has the same but gets the Vti-S 16" alloys.

Gli Vibe is frpm 17,990 drive away and Vti Vibe is the same as the current model price.

Some fantastic value!

2 new colours, azure blue and storm silver.

Type-R
20-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Looks good! Thanks for the info UNLS1!

Hopefully will generate a lot of sales for Honda!

So will they only have 2 spec levles from Feb? What about the standard GLI from $14,990 and VTI from $17,790?

UNLS1
20-12-2011, 04:00 PM
only jap spec vibe jazz. standard gli man is from 17990.

thai one was 16,990

chunsa
21-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Is that this digital climate control and steering wheel?

Would you know if the side mirrors have indicators or still on the fenders?

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalog/interior/image/l/img_06.jpg

VTI Vibe manual $20k driveaway? May look into one soon!! Is this announced already by Honda publicly? Want to get a VTi Vibe - when should I pop into dealers?

UNLS1
22-12-2011, 09:55 AM
vibe 1.3 man $17,990 drive away flat paint
vibe 1.3 auto $19,990 flat paint

vibe-s 1.5 AUTO ONLY $22,250 flat paint

they have the retractable electric mirrors and indicators on the mirrors!

yes they have digital climtate controll but it is not on the steering wheel, it isnt even on the steering wheel in that pic

08ESE
30-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Ordering mine next week. Just can't pick a damn colour!

UNLS1
31-12-2011, 08:41 AM
the storm silver looks great

Eminence
04-01-2012, 12:51 PM
vibe-s 1.5 AUTO ONLY $22,250 flat paint

Is there an official announcement of the pricing by Honda. Because I've been quoted $23,630 drive away for the jap vibe-s which is same as current model.
If the new one is 1 grand less, then I'm sold.

08ESE
04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
honda townsville told me $22000 for 1.5 flat paint

Eminence
05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
honda townsville told me $22000 for 1.5 flat paint

Awesome, I've got the vibe-s allocated in the Feb shipment for standard price.
What I don't get it why the vibe-s is like 1.5k cheaper than thai built vti-s, but the 1.3 vibe is 1k more than thai gli.

dazzz
08-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Congrats on the buy guys!
I was Jazz shopping this weekend and was strongly considering the Feb delivered Vibe S in the Storm Silver...but I went 2nd hand and picked up an 09 for almost 9K less.:(
The Vibe S like the MY12 VTI looks hot!:thumbsup:

UNLS1
10-01-2012, 09:12 AM
remember different states have different rego and stamp duty costs.

they are selling rather well and most of the first allocations have been sold!

Fader
10-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi guys, I'm about to order one of these (Vibe-S, storm silver).. is anyone getting discounted price? i know its a good deal regardless, and demand is high.. just want to make sure :)

Cheers

UNLS1
13-01-2012, 07:57 AM
they are selling very well and i think most of the first shipment will be sold out!
most dealers are not offering discounts as there is practicaly sfa margins due to coming from japan and being so well specd.

-B18C2-
13-01-2012, 03:19 PM
hey guys anyone that knows heeps about a jazz hopefully answers my question. i saw a link on youtube of a jazz located in the uk and it had a factory panoramic sun roof ? would any model like that come to aus ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTTWXA4jbVU thats the link cheers guys :)

FitRS
13-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Can Honda Australia keep importing the JDM version even after the floods damage is recovered? I'd gladly play 1k extra for the JDM version.

UNLS1
16-01-2012, 11:17 AM
hey guys anyone that knows heeps about a jazz hopefully answers my question. i saw a link on youtube of a jazz located in the uk and it had a factory panoramic sun roof ? would any model like that come to aus ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTTWXA4jbVU thats the link cheers guys :)

no it wont, if it did it will prob be the hybrid jazz.

UNLS1
16-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Can Honda Australia keep importing the JDM version even after the floods damage is recovered? I'd gladly play 1k extra for the JDM version.

once thailand is back online we wont get anymore JDM. it just costs too much to import from japan.

CrystalSkull
17-01-2012, 11:44 AM

Why? Have studies been done with empirical evidence to prove that Japanese hands and robots are better than Thai?

UNLS1
18-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Why? Have studies been done with empirical evidence to prove that Japanese hands and robots are better than Thai?

well said!
same as UK civic also!

jdx
18-01-2012, 11:59 PM

Yes, yes they have... Japan robots are better than Thai's robots and for hands.. well, Japanese hands are also better than Thai hands because they are the hands that make the robots!

Eminence
19-01-2012, 07:33 AM
You'll get higher resale value with the Jap built Jazz even if the Thai built one was the same quality. Perception is everything.

CrystalSkull
19-01-2012, 09:27 AM
If I were you and I was concerned about resale value I'd buy a house.

trism
19-01-2012, 09:29 AM
I've never understood why people who are concerned with resale price buy brand new cars?

fillit
19-01-2012, 08:44 PM
people like enjoying new things but are touchy about what they'll end up with when they sell it...

it's sorta like when you walk into the dealership and the cars look fantastic in the red/orange/green/yellow... but then you stop for a moment and think... damnit i'll go for the silver or black because it's going to resell the best..

normal human characteristics...

ACE888
21-01-2012, 09:20 PM

Why won't they offer it? Seriously, the panoramic sunroof is hot and I'd definitely buy a Jazz and pay the $$$ to have the sunroof included in the car!

CrystalSkull
22-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Seriously, the panoramic sunroof would make your car hot in the Australian sun.

ACE888
22-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Seriously, the panoramic sunroof would make your car hot in the Australian sun.

I totally understand your point of view but I realise what I am getting myself into. I've had a convertible in the past and my current ride has a standard sunroof with leather seats that really soak up heat ...... but come night time which is when I am most likely going to drive the car anyway, stuck in the Office between 9-5, then the sun and heat won't bother me at all in the evenings :)

UNLS1
23-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Why won't they offer it? Seriously, the panoramic sunroof is hot and I'd definitely buy a Jazz and pay the $$$ to have the sunroof included in the car!

there is no market for a roof like this in this class of car in this price range.
Its simple.

Bernhard
28-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Hi, i just ordered my 2012 jazz vibe auto, paid $19990 (tinting, illuminated side door garnish, back tray, mat and window visor), i think this is a good deal, date of purchase is beginning of Jan, my dealer said, the first shipment has left Japan last week and will be here in australia by early feb....is this true? Can anyone help? Coz when i called mydealer and spoke to different sales person, they told me different date such as mid feb or even end of feb....im confused....:(...

Bernhard
29-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Im in sydney btw :)...any response will be greatly appreciated..:)

08ESE
29-01-2012, 07:10 PM
my dealer says mid feb

08ESE
29-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Ordering mine next week. Just can't pick a damn colour!

never ended up ordering it, a friend sold me her 09 gli safety pack with 34000 on the clock for $7000 cheaper than a new one, was too good to miss out on.. oh and.... I LOVE IT!!!

Levinson Durbin
07-02-2012, 11:23 AM
dealer just informed me that Vibe-S will be arriving in March :/

Bernhard
08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
oh really now the vibe s will be here in march??

I was told by my dealer ytd that my vibe will be here mid of feb..,.but there is no confirmation on the date as yet :(

did your dealer tell you at the first place that your vibe - s will be here in February or March?

Levinson Durbin
08-02-2012, 02:27 PM
oh really now the vibe s will be here in march??

did your dealer tell you at the first place that your vibe - s will be here in February or March?

orginal date wharf date was 6th feb, drive away latest 10th Feb. Now its something to do with the Vibe-S being held up or rather in Japan. Am still waiting on comfirmation of actual arrival date.

dealer has been slack with info, took me a week to change over from Vibe to Vibe-S and then having to call up to check on status.

on anther note, Honda Australia new Jazz gallery is terrible to navigate.

Eminence
08-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Well it better be first week of March, not late March. Still it's better than waiting 1 year for a VW.

UNLS1
09-02-2012, 10:11 AM
jazz are docking end of feb (for melb) melb is last!
delivery to customers first week of march

UNLS1
09-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Well it better be first week of March, not late March. Still it's better than waiting 1 year for a VW.

very true! Lots of customers now expect delays and waiting times for new models. Not as bad as VW though.

Bernhard
09-02-2012, 11:53 AM
orginal date wharf date was 6th feb, drive away latest 10th Feb. Now its something to do with the Vibe-S being held up or rather in Japan. Am still waiting on comfirmation of actual arrival date.

dealer has been slack with info, took me a week to change over from Vibe to Vibe-S and then having to call up to check on status.

on anther note, Honda Australia new Jazz gallery is terrible to navigate.

Yup agree with you, my honda dealer also depends so much from Honda Australia, they are not calling the Honda Australia directly, they just checked on their system to see if the request has been updated by Honda Australia.

But surprisingly, i've receieved a Welcome Call from Honda Australia ytd, its a basic phone call, just to confirm: name, address, type of vehicle ordered..but she cant give me anymore information...she then directed me to Honda Australia AGAIN....:( which off course, they are not even helpful at all..:(

sigh..i guess i have to wait longer...problem with me trying to chase up the car is...my wife can not drive the Odyssey....as she just had her licence about 2 months ago and can only drive a small car...thats why we bought the Jazz..:(

i guess its a waiting game for us

UNLS1
09-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Yup agree with you, my honda dealer also depends so much from Honda Australia, they are not calling the Honda Australia directly, they just checked on their system to see if the request has been updated by Honda Australia.

But surprisingly, i've receieved a Welcome Call from Honda Australia ytd, its a basic phone call, just to confirm: name, address, type of vehicle ordered..but she cant give me anymore information...she then directed me to Honda Australia AGAIN....:( which off course, they are not even helpful at all..:(

sigh..i guess i have to wait longer...problem with me trying to chase up the car is...my wife can not drive the Odyssey....as she just had her licence about 2 months ago and can only drive a small car...thats why we bought the Jazz..:(

i guess its a waiting game for us

it is a waiting game im affraid and there is absolutley nothing we can do about it! We want the cars out ASAP as we dont get payed until they are out so they cant come fast enough for all of us!

Bernhard
10-02-2012, 12:08 PM
it is a waiting game im affraid and there is absolutley nothing we can do about it! We want the cars out ASAP as we dont get payed until they are out so they cant come fast enough for all of us!

Just heard a good news today....received an ETA, Engine, VIN number and production date is 25 Jan 2012 :) (fresh from the oven), customer delivery date is 27/02/2012...they even gave me the ship details (Mercury ACE) the ship is carrying all the first shipment order (i believe)...the ship left Yokohama Port 06/02/2012...ship destination is Brisbane (ETA 15/02/2012 at 18.30) :) then 2 weeks to get everything sorted and deliver to Sydney....cant wait....:D

Levinson Durbin
10-02-2012, 01:49 PM
great work Bernhard, Vibe-S still only has March as ETA. No specific date given. more time to save extra pennies for a few chassis mods :)

apparently there are new Jazz ads hitting the airwaves, not one to watch commerical TV I have not come across any; youtube it is.

edit* I was also informed by two independent dealers that the Vibe series would have bluetooth functionality on the steering wheel rather than the A pillar as depicted in the Honda Jazz gallery. I just wondered what others where told?

UNLS1
10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
thats a good question! its not pictured in the jap vibe S brochures at all on the steering wheel...

Bernhard
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
great work Bernhard, Vibe-S still only has March as ETA. No specific date given. more time to save extra pennies for a few chassis mods :)

apparently there are new Jazz ads hitting the airwaves, not one to watch commerical TV I have not come across any; youtube it is.

edit* I was also informed by two independent dealers that the Vibe series would have bluetooth functionality on the steering wheel rather than the A pillar as depicted in the Honda Jazz gallery. I just wondered what others where told?

Pleasure is mine..Levinson Durbin....:) i will give more update again in the future as soon as i receive one

true2 ..there are more times to save up for the mods, I've have already started to buy some accessories from Ebay like the leather arm rest, customised leather seats, chrome front and back grill....and most of the stuff i've ordered are here already..way earlier before the car arrives ..:p ..but not too long now....only 2 more weeks to go..

yeah sure, i will try to look it up at youtube for the new vibe adv....

yeah, i also noticed that the bluetooth functionality is on the A Pillar..but when i checked the jap version in youtube and honda fit sport for the US market..its actually embedded in the steering wheel...i am quite confused too now....i've asked my dealer and they said...they're not sure and they are as excited as me to see the car..:)

also, 1 more question, the lighting in the speedometer, will it glow up in daylight (like the odyssey) or do we have to manually switch it on and off?

have a good weekend guys

UNLS1
11-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Pleasure is mine..Levinson Durbin....:) i will give more update again in the future as soon as i receive one

true2 ..there are more times to save up for the mods, I've have already started to buy some accessories from Ebay like the leather arm rest, customised leather seats, chrome front and back grill....and most of the stuff i've ordered are here already..way earlier before the car arrives ..:p ..but not too long now....only 2 more weeks to go..

yeah sure, i will try to look it up at youtube for the new vibe adv....

yeah, i also noticed that the bluetooth functionality is on the A Pillar..but when i checked the jap version in youtube and honda fit sport for the US market..its actually embedded in the steering wheel...i am quite confused too now....i've asked my dealer and they said...they're not sure and they are as excited as me to see the car..:)

also, 1 more question, the lighting in the speedometer, will it glow up in daylight (like the odyssey) or do we have to manually switch it on and off?

have a good weekend guys

yes it will light up during the day :)

mrlanders
11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi all,

I have only just signed up here, I've just been lurking for the past few days because I've got a Jazz Vibe on order and I'm as anxious as all of you waiting for its arrival.

I just spoke to the sales guy I dealt with here in Sydney and he told me they expect the ship to arrive in Sydney on 22nd of Feb with the cars hopefully becoming available for delivery a week or so later. Ominously he said "I hope yours is on this boat", yes, yes I hope it is.

Box
13-02-2012, 01:27 AM
is there a big difference in vibe 1.3 auto to the Vibe-S 1.5? overall the vibe 1.3 auto drive would be a good?

UNLS1
13-02-2012, 09:14 AM
its 73kw v 88kw.

in the higher revs the 1.5 its better but all depends on what driving u do, for around town the 1.3 auto is perfect and we prob sell 50/50 of both

Bernhard
13-02-2012, 09:56 AM
yes it will light up during the day :)

thank you...:)

Bernhard
13-02-2012, 10:02 AM
its 73kw v 88kw.

in the higher revs the 1.5 its better but all depends on what driving u do, for around town the 1.3 auto is perfect and we prob sell 50/50 of both

Yeah agree with you UNLS1....I've though about it a lot too whether i should take the Vibe S or Vibe....then we decide to take the Vibe..because we only need the vibe for around town/city drive, pick up my son from school nearby only..plus we already have the odyssey for the long drive :) ..which we rarely use as well....bought my odyssey beginning of 2008 and it only runs for 18000km as of today...

so for my case..the best option is to buy the vibe....:)

Box
13-02-2012, 12:32 PM
its 73kw v 88kw.

yeah it will definitely be around town normal driving...thanks for answering

UNLS1
13-02-2012, 01:38 PM
i like to take the manual 1.3 Gli on my day off sometimes when i have heaps of driving to do around town for shopping and stuff. so easy to park and the man is fun!

Box
13-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I was reading on another forum that these people weren't sure to get the jazz because it was gonna take 6 weeks to deliver so honda threw in a free loan car to use until the Jazz gets here....Honda dealers usually do that?

UNLS1
13-02-2012, 02:54 PM
some times

Bernhard
14-02-2012, 12:47 PM
some times

Hey UNLS1,

What is the usual method of shipment from Brisbane Port to Sydney Dealership? Do they use land transport or does the ship (Mercury ACE - Jazz 1st Shipment - ETA tmw night in Brisbane) - will then continue its journey to Sydney?

appreciate your response...:)

thanks

UNLS1
14-02-2012, 02:36 PM
yeah goes up the top end first, then brissy then syd and melb last!

just found out that blue tooth will on the A pillar! :(

Bernhard
14-02-2012, 02:53 PM
yeah goes up the top end first, then brissy then syd and melb last!

thanks for the confirmation UNLS1...so Darwin, Perth will get it first then Brisbane then Sydney then Melbourne? the good thing is the car stays on the ship until it reaches Sydney..:)

i cant believe on the bluetooth..:( ...why cant they put in on the steering wheel like the odyssey..:(

Levinson Durbin
14-02-2012, 03:22 PM

bleh so horrid, so much for the new model updates I was spieled about.

Luckily for you Honda, I adore Asimo; so I'll give you a break.

Bernhard
14-02-2012, 03:45 PM
bleh so horrid, so much for the new model updates I was spieled about.

Luckily for you Honda, I adore Asimo; so I'll give you a break.

agree with you..the thing that i dont understand is...the jazz is recently build, like my vibe...the production date is 25/01/2012...why cant they fit the newer version of bluetooth :(

Bernhard
16-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Hi guys,

Thought give you all a quick update on the mercury ace (vessel)...it arrived at Brisbane Port this evening as scheduled 18.30...Leaving brisbane tmw morning at 5am ..destination Port Kembla NSW..scheduled to arrive in port kembla at 9.30am on 19/02...yeah...Then will depart to Melb at 4am..on 20/02....getting closer now :)...

Yeah its correct...Melb customers will be the last one to receive the jazz....

Levinson Durbin
16-02-2012, 02:14 PM
follow her progress (mercury ace )

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=370644000&centerx=153.2299&centery=-26.68987

Bernhard
16-02-2012, 02:59 PM
follow her progress (mercury ace )

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=370644000&centerx=153.2299&centery=-26.68987

Yup...folow her in there as well....thanks Levinson Durbin

you were saying that your vibe - s will only be available in March and you are located in GC...have you checked with your dealership..on the exact date yet? who knows that your vibe -s might have been shipped by now..or may be its in the Mercury Ace....just give it a try...

because i receive all my Enginee details, even the Ignition key number..im pretty sure they can give you that if they say you will receive the vibe - s in March

Levinson Durbin
16-02-2012, 04:13 PM
I called Honda Australia, they too have no further information to add regarding shipment or release. They didn't even know that it should be coming around March. Seems there is no oversight with the information and there may exist multiple channels of information which for a major company is a bit disturbing in relation to ISO standards for documention and information etc.

... I do hate the Honda website, makes me want to go work for them; damn their robotics teasing *shakes fist*

Eminence
16-02-2012, 05:57 PM
How long does it usually take between arrival at port and ready to drive away?

BiLL|z0r
16-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Ordered my Vibe S this arvo. Ordered in white so missed the first shipment, have to wait until the next shipment in April.

Bernhard
17-02-2012, 11:55 AM
How long does it usually take between arrival at port and ready to drive away?

Probably a week, the way I measure it...with the first shipment (mercury ace vessel)..currently in brisbane..leaving to Port Kembla NSW tonight...and will reach Port Kembla ..at 9am 19 Feb (this sunday)...and my ETA from my dealer in sydney is Monday 27 Feb..they said it could be 1 or 2 days EARLIER..or LATER..they are not sure still...

btw just got my leather seat trim car seat and HID Nexon for my jazz...:) just need to fit them when it comes...:)

Bernhard
17-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Ordered my Vibe S this arvo. Ordered in white so missed the first shipment, have to wait until the next shipment in April.

April? ..will that be the last shipment from Japan? heard that the Thai plant will be fully operational in Apr...

btw..congrats for the purchase..:)

BiLL|z0r
17-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Ya, the first shipment is all presold by now evidently so it'll be on the next and last.

Bernhard
17-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I called Honda Australia, they too have no further information to add regarding shipment or release. They didn't even know that it should be coming around March. Seems there is no oversight with the information and there may exist multiple channels of information which for a major company is a bit disturbing in relation to ISO standards for documention and information etc.

... I do hate the Honda website, makes me want to go work for them; damn their robotics teasing *shakes fist*

Yeah..same with me, last time, i tried to call them and they forwarded me back to my dealer ..:( ....i really hope that your vibe -s has already been built..and shipped to aus asap

mrlanders
17-02-2012, 06:42 PM
My dealer gave me a ring yesterday to confirm my Vibe is in the country, gave me the VIN and Engine number and told me if all goes well it should be available for me to pick up at the end of next week.

I've got to admit, I hope I like Azure blue! I picked it because it was one of the last available colours in the first shipment, I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Bernhard
17-02-2012, 08:34 PM
My dealer gave me a ring yesterday to confirm my Vibe is in the country, gave me the VIN and Engine number and told me if all goes well it should be available for me to pick up at the end of next week.

I've got to admit, I hope I like Azure blue! I picked it because it was one of the last available colours in the first shipment, I'm sure it'll grow on me.

That is a wonderful news....where is ur location?qld or nsw?

BiLL|z0r
17-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I looked at that colour too but was much darker on the colour card.

mrlanders
18-02-2012, 06:40 AM
I'm in Sydney, I was surprised because it sounds like its been unloaded in Brisbane as opposed to waiting until the ship docks in NSW

BiLL|z0r
18-02-2012, 07:22 AM
I had a chat to a different salesman from the same dealer yesterday and he showed me they actually make a loss on each Jazz vibe. They only make a small profit from the kick back Honda gives them to sell each car. Honda just need a small car in the market so they don't loose market share and get customers going elsewhere. The same car in Japan is meant to be around AU$28K.

Celsious
18-02-2012, 09:16 AM
First time post here.

The jazz vibe-s I ordered should be ready by first week of March according to my dealer (Springwood, QLD).
They've said that there might be a chance for it to be ready by the last week of February.

mrlanders
18-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Just got a call from the dealer to say my Vibe will be ready to pick up this coming Wednedsay, winner! Just have to organise to get the afternoon off work.

Bernhard
18-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Just got a call from the dealer to say my Vibe will be ready to pick up this coming Wednedsay, winner! Just have to organise to get the afternoon off work.

awesome....which sydney dealership r u buying your vibe from? And if you dont mind...can u tell..when did you place your order?

I ordered mine first week of Jan from larke hoskins rosebery....im hopeful that i can get mine earlier as well....sigh

mrlanders
19-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Strangely enough I am going through Larke Hoskins Rosebery as well. I ordered in the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan, maybe chase them up on Monday.

That's funny though, you got your vehicle identifiers and shipment details but I was having a tough time getting these off them until Friday just passed. I don't see why your car should take a week longer

BiLL|z0r
19-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Anyone here bought the new Vibe (either model) and already own a Jazz? When I get mine I'll naturally be comparing it to my current GD3 but mine will be on the last shipment so very interested to here from anyone else that get there's on an earlier shipment.

10KRPM
19-02-2012, 08:13 PM
you will have to let me know how it goes bill, have a vti gd3 at the moment. Its done only 95k but is already feeling quite tired. If its a huge step up, id consider trading the gd in for it.

Bernhard
19-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Strangely enough I am going through Larke Hoskins Rosebery as well. I ordered in the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan, maybe chase them up on Monday.

That's funny though, you got your vehicle identifiers and shipment details but I was having a tough time getting these off them until Friday just passed. I don't see why your car should take a week longer

Yeah...i sent a sms to the sales person today....he is yet to reply..i will try to call him tomorrow....do you have accessories and window tinting included? Because i have few accesories and window tinting included in the deal..can this cause the delay?

BiLL|z0r
20-02-2012, 10:50 AM
you will have to let me know how it goes bill, have a vti gd3 at the moment. Its done only 95k but is already feeling quite tired. If its a huge step up, id consider trading the gd in for it.

Mine has 105K km's and same deal. Feeling very tired, things starting to not work. Time to go. If ya want one put a deposit down on 1 now. There is less than a 100 left over forever. It's then back to the Thailand built model without all the fancy extras. The dealer on Friday arvo said they will be lucky to last till Tuesday or Wednesday.

randyat
20-02-2012, 11:01 AM
To anyone who is able to pickup their Vibe or Vibe-S, can you please give a quick feedback on the units road noise? I am curious to know if there are any improvements on that over the Thai models.

I ordered a Vibe-S but I am not expecting it until at least April.

Levinson Durbin
21-02-2012, 10:02 AM
The Vibes that have landed and confirmed of arrival. By any chance any of those colours are the Silver Storm? My dealer reckon the Silver Storm colour is the hold up to my purchase. Just want to know if there are fibs being handed to me in the case of them delaying the ordering of the car for a later shipment.

edit *
Another local dealer has just taken delivery of a 1.3 Auto in Storm Silver I saw today and others posters have indicated that their Vibe-S have arrived, so am confused to the tale that has been given to me.
1) The colour is not the hold up, as per excuse given to me
2) Vibe-S are available locally now

so what gives? I don't want excuses I just want REAL reasons. I am a person of science when results don't correlate I want to know why not. They seemed annoyed that I am asking them questions.

Celsious
21-02-2012, 03:26 PM
The Vibes that have landed and confirmed of arrival. By any chance any of those colours are the Silver Storm? My dealer reckon the Silver Storm colour is the hold up to my purchase. Just want to know if there are fibs being handed to me in the case of them delaying the ordering of the car for a later shipment.

edit *
Another local dealer has just taken delivery of a 1.3 Auto in Storm Silver I saw today and others posters have indicated that their Vibe-S have arrived, so am confused to the tale that has been given to me.
1) The colour is not the hold up, as per excuse given to me
2) Vibe-S are available locally now

so what gives? I don't want excuses I just want REAL reasons. I am a person of science when results don't correlate I want to know why not. They seemed annoyed that I am asking them questions.

Put yourself in their shoes. Just let them deal with the process and when it's ready they'll notify you. It's not like your constant stream of questions is helping the process go along any faster.

Levinson Durbin
21-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I have everything sympathy for their situation, they are just slow at getting back to me. I've only called them 3 times. Once to change from Vibe to Vibe-S (week wait to e-mail me paperwork) considering how desperate they wanted the inital Vibe deposit. Twice other to check on the pickup date, of that one was of today. But they keep ringing me if I wanted tinting. So in 5 weeks, 3 phone calls is this deemed obsessive?

Bernhard
22-02-2012, 08:33 AM
hi guys, just got a phone call from my dealership (last night)....they said..my vibe is ready (not sure where), however they just placed the order for the accessories yesterday...and it takes 1 or 2 days to get to Sydney..then fit them ..plus tinting...looking for a Friday delivery...:)

mrlanders
22-02-2012, 02:42 PM
I just got back from picking mine up, good stuff! This is what Azure Blue looks like.

http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-1.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-2.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-3.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-4.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-5.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-6.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-7.jpg

Bernhard
22-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I just got back from picking mine up, good stuff! This is what Azure Blue looks like.

http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-1.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-2.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-3.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-4.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-5.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-6.jpg
http://www.heythatsmychicken.com/vibe/vibe-7.jpg

One word..AMAZING......thanks for the photos

mine is still 2 days away...i will start dreaming tonight

Celsious
22-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Congrats on the new Jazz mrlanders ! Azure blue looks great ! Much better than the Thailand blue I would say..

Brisbane has yet to receive any shipment of the Vibe/Vibe-S. The boat should supposedly dock by 24th according to my dealer. Can't wait :)

skyblue
22-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I am from Sydney and picking up my car tomorrow! Cant wait! Looks great

randyat
22-02-2012, 08:15 PM
@mrlanders can you comment on road noise please?

Bernhard
22-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I am from Sydney and picking up my car tomorrow! Cant wait! Looks great

R u picking up from roseberry as well?

What colour? Pls share some pics tmw...thanks and welcome to the forum....:)

BiLL|z0r
23-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Spoke to the finance guy @ my dealer (Von Bibra Gold Coast) yesterday and he said they are now arriving there for the first shipment.

Bernhard
23-02-2012, 11:50 AM
just got a phone call from my dealer a moment ago...mine is ready to be picked up today..I will try to share some pics tonight yeah....

skyblue
23-02-2012, 03:23 PM
R u picking up from roseberry as well?

What colour? Pls share some pics tmw...thanks and welcome to the forum....:)

Love my car, its so cute. I was driving commodores for 10 years. I picked it up at Blacktown. I purchased a white colour, I don't think its worth showing pics lol. But its great.

Celsious
23-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Is it the Vibe-S ? Or standard Vibe?

Pics would be nice nonetheless if you could please :D

mrlanders
23-02-2012, 06:09 PM
@mrlanders can you comment on road noise please?

I can't remember!! D: lol

I was having too much of a good time trying not to crash it yesterday I didn't take too much notice of the road noise. Plus I had my iphone plugged into the USB socket and was rocking out to some tunes (It's a bit odd the USB socket, you actually need to plug a short cable that has a proprietary connector on one end that goes into the car and the other end is a normal female USB socket).

I can't say the road noise was too loud for me, I was only driving in 50-60 zones through Sydney and due to work I don't get another go until Sunday :( I don't think it was any louder than the 2010 Jazz I test drove at the start of the year.

Eminence
24-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Has anyone got their Vibe-S yet? My dealer has got Vibe 1.3's in, but no word yet on the Vibe-S. He said he'll call me again next week for an update.

randyat
24-02-2012, 09:22 PM
@mrlanders, thank you! Ü

BiLL|z0r
25-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Went into VonBibra Honda today and talk to the finance guy and there were 2 Vibe's and 1 Vibe S there. Took some pics of the Vibe S whilst waiting.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082821.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082713.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082702.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082651.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082636.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082101.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082052.jpg

Bernhard
27-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Here is mine :)...just got xenon headlight and rear view camera installed..:)
More pics to.come :)

Bernhard
27-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Went into VonBibra Honda today and talk to the finance guy and there were 2 Vibe's and 1 Vibe S there. Took some pics of the Vibe S whilst waiting.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082821.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082713.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082702.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082651.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082636.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082101.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/billz0r/JazzVibeS/2012-02-25082052.jpg

Just got a courtesy phone call from my dealer and he told me that, they did lots of delivery on the weekend (both Vibe S and Vibe) so im just wondering why did the dealerships in QLD has not receive any of the Vibe S yet..most of the sydney orders of Vibe S have been delivered as promised

Bernhard
27-02-2012, 03:59 PM
I drove for around 135km already ...in 5 days heehehh ....wanting to drive more this week...cant wait ;)

chunsa
27-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Looks awesome!! I really wished the Vibe S came in manual grr!! But the market are predominantly auto drivers :(

Would future Thai built Jazz have the climate control etc and maybe 6 speed manual (spotted something 6MT on the Japanese Honda site http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalog/type/rs/)

Celsious
28-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Still no luck from Brisbane :( Any one else in QLD with updates ?

BiLL|z0r
28-02-2012, 06:35 PM
My Pics were from a Gold Coast dealer so QLD has them. I also saw a Vibe on the road last week.

satch boogie
29-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Still no luck from Brisbane :( Any one else in QLD with updates ?

I am waiting on a Vibe-S to come in. When I ordered I was told that the cars allocated for February delivery had already been sold, so mine is part of the March delivery. I'm not expecting it to arrive until mid to late March, even after the boat lands from Japan it takes a couple of weeks to go through the process of checking the car, making any minor paint repairs, specs for Oz market and transportation to the dealership. I wanted one in white, couldn't get it, only one white Vibe-S was allocated to QLD for March ! So I believe I'm getting storm silver, although that's not been confirmed, black is my third choice. I get calls twice a week from the dealer to keep me updated. I have seen a Vibe on the road here, but Vibe-S models yet.

BiLL|z0r
01-03-2012, 03:17 PM
I ordered a White Vibe S so wonder if that's mine, although I was told April by the time it gets to the dealer so maybe it's a 3rd (and final?) shipment :)

Levinson Durbin
01-03-2012, 03:53 PM
So I believe I'm getting storm silver, although that's not been confirmed, black is my third choice. I get calls twice a week from the dealer to keep me updated. I have seen a Vibe on the road here, but Vibe-S models yet.

Customer relationship strategies being applied, knock me down with a feather. I doubt I see mine this side of Kevin Rudd.

randyat
04-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Has anyone anywhere received delivery of their Vibe S yet?

sydmax
04-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi.
Just joined the forum.
randyat, We pick up our Milano Red Vibe S tomorrow at 2pm.
About six weeks since we ordered it.
Will let you know what it is like.
We live in Bathurst NSW

DoAvl
05-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Just put a deposit down for a black Vibe-S at essendon honda. should be arriving april! w00t!

satch boogie
05-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I ordered a White Vibe S so wonder if that's mine, although I was told April by the time it gets to the dealer so maybe it's a 3rd (and final?) shipment :)

It probably was you then, you're not on my Christmas card list now ! I've yet to see any proper photos of one in Storm Silver, anybody got any ? Now wondering if it's possible to change my mind and get one in black instead. I refuse to go with one in lime green though.

sydmax
05-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Picked up my red Vibe S Auto today. Have already put 55 kilometres on it.

Photo is of my car next to my daughters Jazz.

BiLL|z0r
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Sexy!

BiLL|z0r
05-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Just put a deposit down for a black Vibe-S at essendon honda. should be arriving april! w00t!

You're lucky you could preorder still. I was told they were almost all presold.

randyat
06-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Thank you sydmax! You have the Vibe-S - Awesome! Have you any more photos? =)

sydmax
06-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Have not been able to take anymore photo,s randyat. Will do in the next day or so.
Having fun playing with paddle shifts on the auto. Just like driving a manual.
Am very happy so far.

DoAvl
06-03-2012, 05:51 PM
You're lucky you could preorder still. I was told they were almost all presold.

yeah, this thread kinda made me put down a deposit more quickly than i would have normally.... :)

BiLL|z0r
07-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Can anyone with a new Vibe tell me if it has remote boot release on the remote and variable intermitant wipers?

satch boogie
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Can anyone with a new Vibe tell me if it has remote boot release on the remote and variable intermitant wipers?

It doesn't have variable intermittent wipers, just two speed and intermittent. A bunch of Fit drivers in the USA have modded theirs by using a standard wiper stork from another Honda model but I believe this only works on manual cars and not automatics.

It doesn't have a remote boot release on the remote.

BiLL|z0r
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Bugger, it's the handiest thing on my Euro. Ah well.

UNLS1
08-03-2012, 12:19 PM

its a 5 door hatch, meaning the boot is the 5th door, so when u open the car all 5 doors open.
a sedan has that button as its a 4 door sedan with a boot.

a hatch is open therefor a 5th door is the back. no need for remote boot release

BiLL|z0r
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
It's not the unlocking, it's the "I'm too lazy to use my hands to open the boot" :)

sydmax
08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Thank you sydmax! You have the Vibe-S - Awesome! Have you any more photos? =)

Finally got to take a couple of more photos. Been busy driving.
Got 270 kilometres up already.

UNLS1
08-03-2012, 04:16 PM
looks sweet as sydmax!

gre03
09-03-2012, 11:59 AM
congrats sydmax!

ACE888
09-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Couple of wish lists for Jazz's .... 1. that panaromic sunroof is awesome, I'd pay $$$ for that but too bad it's unlikely to ever get here and 2. two exhaust pipes (one on each side) would have been sweet. Anyway, unless (1) ever makes it here, I'll stick to my european junk, poor man's Ferrari et al [aka Alfa] right now until it blows up.

mrgu
10-03-2012, 10:29 PM
congrats sydmax. one question.what are you planning on towing with that hook?

sydmax
11-03-2012, 04:29 PM
congrats sydmax. one question.what are you planning on towing with that hook?
I am into RC Model aircraft and when we ordered the Vibe S I did not think their would be enough room
in the back to fit them in to get to our field to fly. I have a small trailer I was intending to use but found today
I have enough room to fit my models without using it. Nearly as much room as my old 2003 CRV Sports.
Very happy

mrgu
12-03-2012, 01:10 AM
I am into RC Model aircraft and when we ordered the Vibe S I did not think their would be enough room
in the back to fit them in to get to our field to fly. I have a small trailer I was intending to use but found today
I have enough room to fit my models without using it. Nearly as much room as my old 2003 CRV Sports.
Very happy

i went to the dealer yesterday to check out the vibe, i was impressed by how roomy it is in the back when seats are down and love that big fat climate control screen.

Bernhard
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM

Finally got to take a couple of more photos. Been busy driving.
Got 270 kilometres up already.

Awesome red...:)...mine is the vibe red...they are really good

congrats sydmax...:)

MzChf
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Has anyone ordered any garnish for their new Jazz?

I am wondering if the dash set/door sill garnishes worth $800, quoted from my dealer, are worth it.

Bernhard
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Has anyone ordered any garnish for their new Jazz?

I am wondering if the dash set/door sill garnishes worth $800, quoted from my dealer, are worth it.

I've got the flashing one on my vibe, its included as part of my drive away deal...I was very persistent to get them ..as they really look very nice..with the flashing Blue LED Light.....

the sales manager showed me the RRP cost for it..its $320.00...as he almost gave up on me...hahaha..i was in the dealership for 4.5 hours (bargaining)...and i got them together with tinting, window visor, exclusive mat, back tray rubber...:)

it was a good experience, with Honda..i believe..if they cant lower down the price any longer, then we should ask for more goodies

hope this helps

MzChf
13-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks for tip. I'll see if I can haggle the dealership if they can include it in my driveaway deal.

Levinson Durbin
19-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I've finally had enough with zero correspondence from my dealer, called other dealers, Honda Australia and they seem to refute all of my dealers 'reasons' claims of delay in shipment. Telephoned my dealer, told them its not funny anymore and finally someone rang back with some details of my order. At any rate it seems its on the ship and is expected to dock 25th March 2012 Brisbane (Marine Traffic). That would place the Vibe-S for approximately mid April for delivery, if I knew it would have been a 3 month wait I would have gone somewhere else or selected a different model line.

UNLS1
19-03-2012, 12:03 PM
i heard of the delay this morn, its really crap as we have about 15 vibe-s on the ship that we were expecting for march for our numbers.
There is nothing that can be done im affraid. I have notified all my customers and they all understand, but in saying that i call most of them every second week just to say hello and that nothing has changed.

Its not the dealers fault for the delay.
Remember we only get payed when the car is delivered.

randyat
19-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi Levinson, when did you put your order in? And what color? I have not heard anything from my dealer for almost a month too.

Levinson Durbin
19-03-2012, 12:31 PM
@ UNLS1, I understand its not the dealers fault. What I didn't appreciate was the excuses that were given to me for the reason of the delay, each telephone contact I had to initiate and when asked to call me they never did. I would have rather they have informed me off the bat that the delays were unknown. These were the following reasons of the delay given to me with other available information it just didn't fit, names have been omitted. As a customer I just need to be kept in the loop, its easier to lose an existing customer than it is to gain one.

1. Delivery delayed due to Vibe-S models.
a. False: Ozhonda members proudly displaying their Vibe-S models.
b. Another local dealer displayed a Vibe-S (Silver)

2. The colour Silver Storm was last to be applied, missed shipment date.
a. False: I witnessed a Vibe (Storm Silver 1.3 manual),
b. Another local dealer delivered a Storm Silver Vibe-S to a customer

3. Honda Australia has not invoiced the Dealer.
a. Plausible: Another local dealer informed me that once an order has placed Honda Australia contacted the potential owner via telephone to confirm the details of their purchase.
b. Ozhonda forum members also had posted these details and the two collaborates. I was never contacted by Honda Australia in regards to my purchase.

4. 1st delivery was always March.
a. False: February shipment had been delivered.

@Randyrat, initial deposit/purchase date was 20th Jan 2012, Vibe-S (Storm Silver)

randyat
19-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks Levinson. It looks like I will have an even longer wait as I placed my order a month after yours. Things are starting to look bleak on my end...

UNLS1
19-03-2012, 02:55 PM
u have been told a bit of interesting info there. Ive had storm silvers delivered last month, its just that all of my cars that i sold and on my screen said march have been delayed to april. I have been updront the whole time and all my customers are fine.

UNLS1
19-03-2012, 02:58 PM
@ UNLS1, I understand its not the dealers fault. What I didn't appreciate was the excuses that were given to me for the reason of the delay, each telephone contact I had to initiate and when asked to call me they never did. I would have rather they have informed me off the bat that the delays were unknown. These were the following reasons of the delay given to me with other available information it just didn't fit, names have been omitted. As a customer I just need to be kept in the loop, its easier to lose an existing customer than it is to gain one.

1. Delivery delayed due to Vibe-S models.
a. False: Ozhonda members proudly displaying their Vibe-S models.
b. Another local dealer displayed a Vibe-S (Silver)

2. The colour Silver Storm was last to be applied, missed shipment date.
a. False: I witnessed a Vibe (Storm Silver 1.3 manual),
b. Another local dealer delivered a Storm Silver Vibe-S to a customer

3. Honda Australia has not invoiced the Dealer.
a. Plausible: Another local dealer informed me that once an order has placed Honda Australia contacted the potential owner via telephone to confirm the details of their purchase.
b. Ozhonda forum members also had posted these details and the two collaborates. I was never contacted by Honda Australia in regards to my purchase.

4. 1st delivery was always March.
a. False: February shipment had been delivered.

@Randyrat, initial deposit/purchase date was 20th Jan 2012, Vibe-S (Storm Silver)

hmm some interesting info there. i can see where the dealer might of been wrong but i can see some of ur answers are also wrong.
Most of the Jazz vibe s i sold in jan were march arrival. they have been delayed to april. That is it, ive got storm silver vibes in stock but not vibe - s.

not all owners were contacted by honda after the purchase, there was a reason why some owners were contacted but i cant be bothered explainig as its not relvent to anything to do with ur car.

Levinson Durbin
19-03-2012, 03:37 PM
cool, thanks for the clarification and input UNLS1.

Question though UNLS1, in regards to the Vibe-S is this model variant fitted with an integrated rear swaybar within the torsion beam as per the Sports?

BiLL|z0r
19-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Sounds like you have a very lazy dealer Levi. I ordered mine in Feb and have received 3 calls in 3 weeks giving me an update for early April. I'm in no rush. The longer it is the longer until I have to pay for it and the more km's I put on the trade in ;)

Levinson Durbin
19-03-2012, 09:28 PM
looks like we'll have the same batch BiLL|z0R

Celsious
20-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Getting my Vibe-S this week ! :)
Ordered mine in February, quite happy with my dealer.

EDIT: Nvm. Got called up today by dealer. Delayed till 2nd April. No reason specified, even after guaranteeing it would arrive this Thursday.

Absolutely shocking.

satch boogie
20-03-2012, 08:19 AM
I spoke to my Brisbane dealer at the weekend and was told that my Vibe-S in storm silver would be here at the end of the month. Initially I'd been told mid March so a delay of a couple of weeks is OK, I knew my car would be in the March batch as all of the February cars had been sold when I placed my order. If it's now going to be mid April then I won't be too impressed, especially when I can see other QLD dealers have Vibe S stock available to drive away right now.

Update : Dealership phoned today to say that the car was delayed in transit and would probably now not get get to the dealer until around April 11th. It will then take another 4 - 5 working days for it to be prepared for customer delivery. Very apologetic and it's not their fault, but disappointing nonetheless.

Levinson Durbin
20-03-2012, 10:53 AM
The weird thing is the only Vibe-S that my dealer received was the Black one that was not pre-ordered by any customer. Hoping that it will be before Easter.

DoAvl
20-03-2012, 02:12 PM
got a call from my dealer today saying that the car is still coming in april. though he didn't know when in april. just april.

from the sounds of things, it was nice of him to have at least called :)

Levinson Durbin
23-03-2012, 09:32 PM
The Mosel Ace [1] for those on board. Last known position was just offshore from Seattle (23/03/2012) [2]. Don't think she'll make the 25/03/2012 deadline to Brisbane.

[1] http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=355315000
[2] http://aprs.fi/info/i/355315000

BiLL|z0r
24-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Awesome info man, thx.
Looks like the ship goes via Canadaand USA before coming here, talk about the long way round. lol

Levinson Durbin
25-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Mosel Ace, she's docked in Brisbane :)

BiLL|z0r
25-03-2012, 06:28 PM
It did make it on the 25th after all. Now gimme my car ;)

ouch
26-03-2012, 11:56 AM
my mate got a vibe the other day and they said delivery would be betwee 4-6 weeks. seems like a big april jazz batch?

DoAvl
26-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Can't wait!

Using my dc5r as a daily at the moment and it is killing me! $1.70 a litre!!#%^@!!

Celsious
28-03-2012, 12:16 PM
To those who have had delays with their deliveries, I recommend speaking to the dealer and try squeezing out some extras as for compensation.

I was able to get car mats added and door sills !

kera_1
29-03-2012, 03:41 PM
With the Vibe-s or Vibe overall Jap vs Thai is there any difference in the engine bay wise? As in CAI parts?

BiLL|z0r
29-03-2012, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't have thought so. It's the same engine, just different interior, body panels and electric goodies.

BiLL|z0r
30-03-2012, 02:05 PM
My dealer called me today. The ship that arrived on the 25th in Brisbane wasn't able to unload as there were already 2 ships there (yay for crowded Brisbane Port) so it was sent to Sydney. This ship had Marchs cars on it. Aprils due cars are not on this ship.

Eminence
30-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Wow that's terrible! When does the ship loop back to Brisbane or do the cars get offloaded in Sydney and get trucked to Brisbane?

Levinson Durbin
30-03-2012, 04:27 PM
cool thanks Bill|z0R for the heads up, I really should have gone to Von Briba as usual diddly squat from mine. Hope there is one special February shipment amongst that lot :)

BiLL|z0r
30-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Wow that's terrible! When does the ship loop back to Brisbane or do the cars get offloaded in Sydney and get trucked to Brisbane?

I beleive they will be trucked around the country from there but I'm assuming.

cool thanks Bill|z0R for the heads up, I really should have gone to Von Briba as usual diddly squat from mine. Hope there is one special February shipment amongst that lot :)

My dealer told me he has to ring every waiting client each week to 10 days even if he has no news otherwise he gets in trouble.

randyat
02-04-2012, 01:42 PM
^you have a good dealer then. My one called for the first time this morning, after placing my order 1.5months ago, to tell me the unit is expected 3rd week of april.

I am wary they'll deliver on time though...

BiLL|z0r
02-04-2012, 02:26 PM
The Mosel Ace [1] for those on board. Last known position was just offshore from Seattle (23/03/2012) [2]. Don't think she'll make the 25/03/2012 deadline to Brisbane.

[1] http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=355315000
[2] http://aprs.fi/info/i/355315000

Looks like the ship has docked @ Sydney and Melbourne and now on it's way to Perth.
Anyone heard about their March shipment getting to the actual dealer yet?

Levinson Durbin
02-04-2012, 03:27 PM
mini242 post this yesterday on Whirlpool
"I picked up my Jazz Vibe-S on Friday. I ordered 4th Feb. I was originally told it would come mid Feb, then got told it was delayed till the second shipment which was due Mid March. Finally I have it though. Absolutely love it!

I know there was at least one other Vibe-S from my dealer that was delayed the same as mine. Mine was bought in Perth if that's any help."

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1680468&p=8

sadly the B Class looks better as each day passes.

UNLS1
02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
lol that Gholi person is an idiot. He wants to complain about what he payed? he payed what most people payed for the car and he decided to purchase extras like extended warranty (approx 900- 1200) and is complaining?

jazz newbie
02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
hello, just signed up but been following this thread since I ordered Vibe-s last week of January. My dealer told me last week that my car will be delivered 3rd week of April. 2.5 months of waiting. I was told that it will be delivered in March when I ordered the car.

UNLS1
03-04-2012, 08:47 AM
hello, just signed up but been following this thread since I ordered Vibe-s last week of January. My dealer told me last week that my car will be delivered 3rd week of April. 2.5 months of waiting. I was told that it will be delivered in March when I ordered the car.

they were supposed to be delivered in march but were all delayed to end of april, this is not the dealers fault. It is affecting us all and there is nothing we can do about it. Just be patient and enjoy the vibe s when it arrives! :)

Levinson Durbin
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Wow, just received my 1st phone call from my dealer ever (Re Jazz). The Jazz should be making its way about Saturday, hoping for a Tuesday collection.

hoping yours as well Bill|Z0r.

satch boogie
05-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I got a call from my dealer yesterday afternoon. The car should be at the dealership around the 11th of this month, then add a few days for them to do their bits and pieces. They said it might be a couple of days either side of that, but that was the update they'd been given around delivery. So with luck it shouldn't be too much longer now.

BiLL|z0r
05-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I doubt mine will be here by the end of April being it was always tipped for early April anyway and we are now only getting March's cars.

DoAvl
10-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Update from Honda (April shipment):

Good Afternoon

we have had notification that the Singa Ace may be late due to bad weather
near Japan coast has been very severe of the last few days.

It is forecasted that bad weather will persists for a
the few days as well

Currently the ETA of this shipment into dealership is 2nd of May with the
ship currently due to dock into Melbourne on the 19th and SA 23rd . Please
consider when working on customer deliveries that this date could blow out
by around 4-5 working days at this stage.

When I get more information, I will let you know

jazz newbie
10-04-2012, 01:31 PM
got a call from dealer. he said that there will be delay by 5 days. ship will be arriving on 22 April from 17 April.

BiLL|z0r
10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I wonder if that was what my dealer tried to ring me about on Saturday. I missed the call and he never rung back.
I know it's not the Honda dealers fault but do you think I can "convince" them for a freebie or 2 because it's late? I didn't bargain anything during the purchase and would love a plastic boot liner and rear bumper protector. I use my boot every day for carting stuff in and out.

Levinson Durbin
11-04-2012, 02:54 PM
the wait is over, the lil Storm Silver Vibe-S is finally here and very real. with 6Km on the clock I had to give Jazzy Jeff a nice break in period. So up Springbrook we went and do the other side did we traveled. 93Km later am pleased with the performance of this lil Jazz.

Definitely requires wider tyres for spirited driving.

BiLL|z0r
11-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Congrats. VonBibra's call me 15mins ago. Still waiting for April shipment news. I just told them, meh, I just keep putting km's on the trade in ;)

satch boogie
11-04-2012, 04:11 PM
the wait is over, the lil Storm Silver Vibe-S is finally here and very real. with 6Km on the clock I had to give Jazzy Jeff a nice break in period. So up Springbrook we went and do the other side did we traveled. 93Km later am pleased with the performance of this lil Jazz.

Definitely requires wider tyres for spirited driving.

Congratulations, still waiting for mine, supposed to be coming into Brisbane any day now .... but not holding my breath. Any chance of some photos ? Mine is storm silver too but I've not seen a Vibe S in this colour yet, bought somewhat blind. I am sure it's not going to be as dark as the colour in the brochure.

Levinson Durbin
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
got Jeff tinted today, looks great. for those that have received their vehicles (and UNLS1) a question if I may. Do your Vibe(S) have the door lock control as depicted on Honda Australia Website

http://jazz.honda.com.au/resources.ashx/GalleryItems/149/ImageFile/9D10C3A1D0088BF2B405E6AEEAF942FA/jazzvibe_window_controls.jpg

I have a blank in place.

randyat
12-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Levinson, can you elaborate on what 'blank' means? Maybe a snapshot? Many thanks!

Eminence
12-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Mines blank too. Vibe-S.

Levinson Durbin
13-04-2012, 10:00 AM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8562/img6144x.jpg

Levinson Durbin
13-04-2012, 10:01 AM
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4376/img6146e.jpg

randyat
13-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks for that Levinson. That is surely false advertising from Honda. I am liking your Asimo keychain. =)

satch boogie
13-04-2012, 10:56 AM
That's a bit naughty. It's clearly shown on the Honda website, and if you look at the interior shot of the Vibe in the brochure you can see that the locking button is there. You might have to squint but it looks like a button to me. Has anybody mentioned this to their dealer yet ? It might be a minor thing but it's a feature that I have used a lot on my previous cars, especially if I've been driving through areas late at night. If you're stopped at the lights what's to prevent somebody opening your passenger door and stealing something or worse ?

I'm still waiting on my Vibe S but if it's also missing, and chances are it will be, then I will be complaining. I have no idea how complicated it is to install it, but I will be asking the dealer to put it in.

randyat
13-04-2012, 11:22 AM
And I have saved a screenshot of their website just in case...

BiLL|z0r
13-04-2012, 02:59 PM
What if you put the drivers door lock down? On some cars that locks everyones. If that works it's not required.

Levinson Durbin
13-04-2012, 05:19 PM
got a reply from my dealer "Firstly, can I refer to the photo taken from Honda’s Website. This photo is for Illustration Purposes, showing the Auto Up/Down feature for the drivers-side electric windows. For a full description of all Specifications please refer to the brochure on the same website."

am going to take it up with Honda Australia now.

@ BiLL|z0R it is more than just a master door switch it allows the programming of when the door automatically locks. The feature enables the doors to be locked/unlocked when the vehicle is in/out of gear (P/Neutral) or when the vehicle is moving a similar feature to my current Mercedes.

I refer you to this youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2w_91ct-jg

randyat
14-04-2012, 04:04 PM
'illustration purposes' - illustrative - illustrate

Does that not mean to make something clear by showing an example?

Therefore, if we go by Honda, they can show us a Civic Type R shot from a low angle to 'illustrate' a Honda Jazz.

BiLL|z0r
14-04-2012, 04:58 PM
@ BiLL|z0R it is more than just a master door switch it allows the programming of when the door automatically locks. The feature enables the doors to be locked/unlocked when the vehicle is in/out of gear (P/Neutral) or when the vehicle is moving a similar feature to my current Mercedes.

I refer you to this youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2w_91ct-jg

That is so cool. Having 2 05 model Hondas I never knew the newer models did this.
I could see myself using driving lock and park unlock (If they included the damn button)

satch boogie
14-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I got fed up of my dealership not being able to tell me when he car is going to arrive and wanting to cancel my order. The response was you're under contract, there is no date specified on it, they can't control acts of God, I'm only waiting a few months for a Jazz whilst they can't get cars and people are losing their jobs, that my feedback on their lack of customer service was being taken as insults, that I was apparently being unreasonable in wanting to cancel because in my opinion they have failed to deliver on anything, that their dealership has the highest customer satisfaction of any dealer with a 99% rating (guess I'm the 1%). Essentially told to suck it up and be grateful that Honda are trying to get any cars to their customers because it costs them more to get them from Japan. You can tell it wasn't a great customer experience. Kudos to the dealership manager because he called me back from his vacation to listen to my grievances, he is the only guy there who seems to care about customers and getting any repeat business. Honda Australia seem to give their dealers zero backing.

I mentioned the fact that the locking feature was missing on Vibe S models coming in, but was clearly featured on their website and in the brochure. The deputy manager's response was that there would be a disclaimer at the bottom of the webpage saying it's a foreign model or specifications are subject to change, and if I wasn't mentioned in the spec list specifically that I shouldn't expect it to be there. His colleague then piped up as he was checking the website as I was mentioning it and said "it doesn't say anything on the website". So to me that's false advertising and I told him I expected that feature to be in my Vibe S and he'd better go get some compensation from Honda Australia.

All in all by far the worst car buying or any sort of purchase experience I have ever had, and Honda has lost me and my wife as repeat customers.

Levinson Durbin
14-04-2012, 06:53 PM
am sorry to hear of your troubles Satch Boogie, I too had similar dramas. I was a week away from ordering a B Class. I am happy with the Jazz now that it has arrived, it is a good product.
I'll draft a letter next week to Honda re door master switch.

Ordering my coilovers next week as well :) http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/pdf/2009Sep_Vol10_CompactZero2_Fit.pdf

BiLL|z0r
15-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Any of the honda staff here have a pricelist for the Honda genuine accessories? Esp the boot tray, boot lip and bumper protector and tidy compartment box?

pitiek
15-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I got fed up of my dealership not being able to tell me when he car is going to arrive and wanting to cancel my order. The response was you're under contract, there is no date specified on it, they can't control acts of God, I'm only waiting a few months for a Jazz whilst they can't get cars and people are losing their jobs, that my feedback on their lack of customer service was being taken as insults, that I was apparently being unreasonable in wanting to cancel because in my opinion they have failed to deliver on anything, that their dealership has the highest customer satisfaction of any dealer with a 99% rating (guess I'm the 1%). Essentially told to suck it up and be grateful that Honda are trying to get any cars to their customers because it costs them more to get them from Japan. You can tell it wasn't a great customer experience. Kudos to the dealership manager because he called me back from his vacation to listen to my grievances, he is the only guy there who seems to care about customers and getting any repeat business. Honda Australia seem to give their dealers zero backing.

I mentioned the fact that the locking feature was missing on Vibe S models coming in, but was clearly featured on their website and in the brochure. The deputy manager's response was that there would be a disclaimer at the bottom of the webpage saying it's a foreign model or specifications are subject to change, and if I wasn't mentioned in the spec list specifically that I shouldn't expect it to be there. His colleague then piped up as he was checking the website as I was mentioning it and said "it doesn't say anything on the website". So to me that's false advertising and I told him I expected that feature to be in my Vibe S and he'd better go get some compensation from Honda Australia.

All in all by far the worst car buying or any sort of purchase experience I have ever had, and Honda has lost me and my wife as repeat customers.

Hmm... Which dealership is this...? I'm intrigued.. I found out about the locking contract in QLD when I purchased my FD in 2007, I was about to change to VTI from VTI-L but the salesperson told me that there is going to be 10% fee from the final contract price if I want to proceed. I ended up getting my VTI-L since there is no friggin way I would pay it..

What are they offering you as compensation?

BiLL|z0r
16-04-2012, 06:57 AM
I was told when I signed up the contract simply reserves the car for me first. If I drive it and don't like it then they refund my deposit and that was that. They would have no problems selling the car anyway with such a demand.

UNLS1
16-04-2012, 11:56 AM

i think u are going over the top with that switch not being there. Hondas bases are covered and u will not have a case. U can still lock all the doors with the switch that is next to the door handle. I can understand u are agro over the wait and lack of corespondance from the dealer but just move on, the switch is not there simple.

Some dealers are offering some compensation in the way of small gifts like a Honda coffee mug or boot flap protector or organiser box. Ive give some of those away.

randyat
16-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Is the USB port in the Vibe/Vibe-S? I fear it may not be there and be given a keychain to 'compensate' for it...

Is the climate control digital? I might be given a boot flap protector in exchange for that too...

And Honda has it's 'bases all covered.' Shudder.

Heck, they can even rebadge a Thai model to a Vibe-S and Honda can shove it down our throats with the way they 'cover' everything.

UNLS1
16-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Is the USB port in the Vibe/Vibe-S? I fear it may not be there and be given a keychain to 'compensate' for it...

Is the climate control digital? I might be given a boot flap protector in exchange for that too...

And Honda has it's 'bases all covered.' Shudder.

Heck, they can even rebadge a Thai model to a Vibe-S and Honda can shove it down our throats with the way they 'cover' everything.

yes climate is digital, yes the USB port and connecter is in both Vibe and Vibe S.

as i said its one switch. not even an important one and u can still do the same thing with the button next to the door handle.... its the end of the word....

satch boogie
16-04-2012, 02:47 PM
yes climate is digital, yes the USB port and connecter is in both Vibe and Vibe S.

as i said its one switch. not even an important one and u can still do the same thing with the button next to the door handle.... its the end of the word....

And if they didn't give you electric front windows and you had a handle would you have the same opinion ? Does the same thing ? It's the principal and to me it's safer being able to operate it via a switch that is away from the door handle. How long will it be before soembody accidentally opens their door while the car is moving in an effort to lock them ?

I've got no qualms about taking Honda to task over it. When Volvo pissed me off because of their attitude over a combination of their attitude towards customer service and a safety matter I ended up being interviewed on a national TV consumer program about it. That was far more embarassing for them and damaing to their reputation than it ever needed to be, if they'd only chosen to listen to the concerns of their customers. I hope that Honda have a bit more respect for their customers. I've paid for it, they have set the expectation that it's there in their brochures and web material, therefore I expect it to be there. If it's not it's false advertising and fraud.

Levinson Durbin
16-04-2012, 03:22 PM
@ UNLS1

please indulge my curiosity, do any of these models feature the master door lock switch as standard?

• City
• Insight
• CRZ
• Accord
• Accord Euro
• Odyssey

Eminence
16-04-2012, 04:08 PM
What fuel consumption are people getting? Mines done 300 km mostly city driving in light traffic and getting 7.9 litres per 100km. Obviously engine needs to be run in, but this is still pretty high me thinks?

Baboy
16-04-2012, 04:14 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n30/BrianFromOz/closed.jpg

satch boogie
16-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Hmm... Which dealership is this...? I'm intrigued.. I found out about the locking contract in QLD when I purchased my FD in 2007, I was about to change to VTI from VTI-L but the salesperson told me that there is going to be 10% fee from the final contract price if I want to proceed. I ended up getting my VTI-L since there is no friggin way I would pay it..

What are they offering you as compensation?

Westpoint Honda in Brisbane. They haven't offered anything in terms of compensation. When I asked to cancel over the weekend I was told by their deputy manager that as there was no delivery date on the contract I could not cancel because the car hadn't been delivered. When I asked at what point does it become a reasonable request to cancel an order he said there was no date so I would have to wait. So when I asked if that meant I could be kept waiting for another 6 months and then I would be expected to accept that delay, the answer I was given was a "yes". That didn't exactly seem fair. Any lo and behold, under Australian law if no date is specified you are allowed to cancel without penalty you can cancel 3 months after the date the contract is signed. He neglected to mention that little nugget of information.

Eminence
16-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Just a tip, never allow them to put "ASAP" on the delivery date which is essentially equals infinity. I learnt this the hard way.

randyat
16-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Can you kindly point me to that law please (any web link)? I want to read up to know what consumer rights I have. Many thanks!

Westpoint Honda in Brisbane. They haven't offered anything in terms of compensation. When I asked to cancel over the weekend I was told by their deputy manager that as there was no delivery date on the contract I could not cancel because the car hadn't been delivered. When I asked at what point does it become a reasonable request to cancel an order he said there was no date so I would have to wait. So when I asked if that meant I could be kept waiting for another 6 months and then I would be expected to accept that delay, the answer I was given was a "yes". That didn't exactly seem fair. Any lo and behold, under Australian law if no date is specified you are allowed to cancel without penalty you can cancel 3 months after the date the contract is signed. He neglected to mention that little nugget of information.

satch boogie
17-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Can you kindly point me to that law please (any web link)? I want to read up to know what consumer rights I have. Many thanks!

Try these links :

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumerprotection/content/Motor_Vehicles/Dealers/Dealer%20operations/Vehicle_sale_contract_-_Prescr.html

http://www.lawhandbook.org.au/handbook/ch14s03s06.php#

I think the second link in particular offers some scope to put pressure on Honda to sort out the missing central locking button the Vibe S models that have come in recently.

randyat
17-04-2012, 12:44 PM
You sound uncannily like my dealer.

The point is not whether the item is important or not. It is about principle. It is about slithering away from the responsibility of having an item that is advertised to be there when it is actually not.

Would you not feel the same way if someone returned a Vibe-S to you without the rear spoilers?

UNLS1
17-04-2012, 01:52 PM
You sound uncannily like my dealer.

The point is not whether the item is important or not. It is about principle. It is about slithering away from the responsibility of having an item that is advertised to be there when it is actually not.

Would you not feel the same way if someone returned a Vibe-S to you without the rear spoilers?

take it up with honda, thats the best bet. a spoiler is alot different to a 'switch' even when there is a switch on the door that does the same thing.

randyat
17-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Sounds *definitely* like my dealer.

take it up with honda, thats the best bet. a spoiler is alot different to a 'switch' even when there is a switch on the door that does the same thing.

randyat
17-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I got a call from Honda Australia, no less. I was told that my then end of April (from end March) delivery date is going to be pushed back to end of May due to severe weather conditions off Japan causing shipping delays - and that they will be putting something in the car boot to make up for lost time (boot divider?)

I told them that the loan I got for the car was expiring before then and getting a new loan would mean getting it at a new higher interest rate. The Honda AU rep then told me they can arrange that my first year of service would be free - that is up to 20K kilometers.

I asked if the Honda AU rep could instead do something about cancelling my order but said there is not much Honda Au can do with contracts made by dealers but the rep will communicate with my dealer, which I take with a grain of salt, to check what other options there are. I guess it is easier for the Honda Au to point a finger to the dealer in the same way it makes the life of the dealer easier by pointing a finger to Honda Au.

Regardless, as a possible repeat Honda customer, I am still looking to cancel. I am tired of Honda expecting me to deliver per contract when they cannot honor it themselves.

BiLL|z0r
17-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I got a call from Honda Australia, no less. I was told that my then end of April (from end March) delivery date is going to be pushed back to end of May due to severe weather conditions off Japan causing shipping delays - and that they will be putting something in the car boot to make up for lost time (boot divider?)

End of May, get f^%cked. I will still get the car as it is still the best for my usage with options I actually use but not happy if this is true. I was told when I bought early April and that was confirmed no less than 4 times over the next 6 weeks by my dealer. Last call from the dealer was some time in April "there are still 20 days left, haha" was his exact quote.
I have a finance guy coming to my house to arrange my finance Thursday and don't want to muck him around.
I know it's not the dealers fault but it's just damn frustrating.
On a plus side the road works that have going on for the past year near our house may be nearly done by then so hopefully no new tar splats on the new car.

"Always look on the bright side of life".

62rocket
17-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Took a Jazz VIBE for a test drive today. They only had the auto available for the test drive. Was interested in a VIBE manual, storm silver, 1.3 with carpet mats. Price quoted was $18550 and delivery expected 'sometime in late May'.

Wanted to trade my immaculate 2004 VTIS manual Jazz. The most they would give me was $3k trade. Went to another dealer and they most I could get them up to was $4500 trade value. Needless to say I walked and considering selling the car privately to buy a Jazz VIBE. Redbook value for my car as a trade was 6k to 7800$. Of course they talked down redbook saying how inaccurate their pricing is...

UNLS1
17-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Sounds *definitely* like my dealer.

what do u want the dealer to do about it. what would be the best fix to make you happy? They dealer didnt build the car or spec it up.

we must be wrong if we are both sounding like 'dealers'

fundies
18-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Deleted.

randyat
18-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Being the dealer it is your job to talk to Honda Au about it. Then Honda can make the appropriate action. It could then make it known to everyone who ordered a Vibe/Vibe-S who expected that button to be there that unfortunately that is not the case. If Honda Au is nice enough, maybe they could throw in something (possibly close to the value of the missing item) - or they could also do nothing so I can then sharpen my pitch forks some more and buy more kerosene for my fire torch.

You being the dealer are not supposed to tell me to 'go take it up with Honda Au' - and this is where you have it all wrong. You are selling me the car. Your dealer website showroom has the item in the gallery. You are Honda's face to me as a customer. You are supposed to liaise between me and Honda Au in case a problem arises.

That is the reason why when I go to honda.com.au and want to buy a car, it asks me where I am at, and suggest the dealer nearest my choice. And it will not let me buy it directly from Honda Au even if I want to.

Is that at all so hard?

what do u want the dealer to do about it. what would be the best fix to make you happy? They dealer didnt build the car or spec it up.

we must be wrong if we are both sounding like 'dealers'

Celsious
18-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Cancelled my contract with Highway Auto Honda. Car arrived 1 week ago, however due to a change in staff with the finance department, they told me that before I was able to take the car my finance would have to be re approved and it would take up to 3-4 weeks. Since my rego was due this Tuesday and I had planned not to pay it due to the fact that I thought I'd be receiving the Vibe prior to it. Clearly not.

Was the final straw for me. Got my deposit back, went over to Austral Honda got a 2010 Jazz for half the price. Looking to pick it up by the end of this week.

sikboy
19-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi guys,

Ive been following this thread for a little while as ive ordered a Jazz Vibe-S as well. Just thought you guys would like to know that i had a call this morning from the sales team and they have informed me all the jazzes are now at the dock ready to be delivered to the dealers.

i have been told that i can pick up my car this Sunday 100%

Hope this helps

BiLL|z0r
19-04-2012, 11:24 AM
When did you order yours? When did they originally tell you it would arrive? March or April shipment?

BiLL|z0r
19-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Update from Honda (April shipment):
Good Afternoon

we have had notification that the Singa Ace may be late due to bad weather
near Japan coast has been very severe of the last few days.

It is forecasted that bad weather will persists for a
the few days as well

Currently the ETA of this shipment into dealership is 2nd of May with the
ship currently due to dock into Melbourne on the 19th and SA 23rd . Please
consider when working on customer deliveries that this date could blow out
by around 4-5 working days at this stage.

When I get more information, I will let you know

Tracking ship @ http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=563380000. It's now on it's way to Brisbane after docking @ Townsville yesterday. Please let this ship have my car on it.

DoAvl
19-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

sikboy
19-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I ordered the car in mid January 2012 and was told the car should arrive in Feb, Then i was told March ... then April or even May.

Im not sure what shipment it was supposed to be on, but a deposit was taken mid Jan.

When did you order yours? When did they originally tell you it would arrive? March or April shipment?

Levinson Durbin
19-04-2012, 10:20 PM
sikboy, sorry to read of your troubles. Am relieved that I finally have received mine.

Fingers crossed for yours BiLL|z0r.

BiLL|z0r
20-04-2012, 07:30 AM
I ordered the car in mid January 2012 and was told the car should arrive in Feb, Then i was told March ... then April or even May.

Im not sure what shipment it was supposed to be on, but a deposit was taken mid Jan.

Geez, that is a long time. You in WA by any chance as they took a few weeks longer for the ship to get around there?

62rocket
20-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Cancelled my contract with Highway Auto Honda. Car arrived 1 week ago, however due to a change in staff with the finance department, they told me that before I was able to take the car my finance would have to be re approved and it would take up to 3-4 weeks. Since my rego was due this Tuesday and I had planned not to pay it due to the fact that I thought I'd be receiving the Vibe prior to it. Clearly not.

Was the final straw for me. Got my deposit back, went over to Austral Honda got a 2010 Jazz for half the price. Looking to pick it up by the end of this week.

Bet you're glad you went somewhere else like Austral. Highway Honda are hopeless and don't budge on price....

BiLL|z0r
20-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Just had a call from my dealer. 2nd May the ship is meant to dock in Brisbane then 1 week after that until it's at the dealer.

satch boogie
20-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Just had a call from my dealer. 2nd May the ship is meant to dock in Brisbane then 1 week after that until it's at the dealer.

I ordered my Vibe-S on 27th January and I was told at that time that it would be here in the second week in March as all of the February cars had already been allocated. It's now finally arrived at the dealer so I should be able to collect it this weekend.

randyat
20-04-2012, 03:52 PM
it is a shame that I have to send an email to my car loan company telling them I cannot use my pre-approved loan because the car I had ordered is not available... yet.

sikboy
20-04-2012, 09:45 PM
nah ... in Sydney.

Oh well, just found out that if i use the Honda Finance i will get the first 3 repayments paid for, thats approx $1200 off. However, there is a $600 pro rata. Basically, if i pay off the entire loan after 3 months, i pay $570 early exit fee. Which still works out pretty good..

Celsious
21-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Bet you're glad you went somewhere else like Austral. Highway Honda are hopeless and don't budge on price....

Absolutley ! Got my car and finance/paperwork done within 1 week. Happily enjoying my car at the moment.

BiLL|z0r
22-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Anyone who has their new Jazz or dealers here....Anyone have an andriod based phone and know if the steering wheel controls work (or in fact is compatible with non-iphones). The brochure just says iphone/ipod and USB.

randyat
22-04-2012, 11:05 AM
I cancelled my order yesterday.

BiLL|z0r
22-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I cancelled my order yesterday.

Any issues with cancelling? I'm in 2 minds but figured I've waited this long and the CVT is dodge in my current Jazz anyway.

BiLL|z0r
22-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Signa Ace docked Brisbane 2 days ago and left yesterday. Looks like it'll be in Sydney port by tomorrow morning.
Dealer told me the ship won't dock until the 2nd May. Either we've been informed of the wrong ship or the dealers are now over estimating the times as too many clients are fed up with broken promises.

sikboy
22-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I picked up my Vibe-S today. I noticed the built date is March 2012. The little Jazz looks great! It looks similar to my Civic FN2.

randyat
22-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I just told my dealer that I wanted to cancel and he could not do anything but to accept ... However, having said this, he knows that Honda Au called me to personally tell me that my delivery date have been delayed from 3rd week april to 3rd week may.

Any issues with cancelling? I'm in 2 minds but figured I've waited this long and the CVT is dodge in my current Jazz anyway.

EG9
26-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Walked into a dealer today and ordered a Jazz Vibe S, got a deal I'm very happy with too... two weeks or there abouts to wait, I'm excited.

BiLL|z0r
27-04-2012, 06:58 AM
What colour? Doesn't seem fair we waited months and months. All this "we'll be sold out in weeks" was obviously bollocks.

BiLL|z0r
27-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Dealer called today. Car ready next Wednesday. Of course now my finance guy is on holidays from Tuesday onwards. Typical.

EG9
27-04-2012, 10:07 PM
What colour? Doesn't seem fair we waited months and months. All this "we'll be sold out in weeks" was obviously bollocks.

I ordered a black one which was the colour I was after, I was pretty lucky I think...

BiLL|z0r
30-04-2012, 07:44 PM
So happy. Loan was approved and pickup the car Wednesday arvo. Finally I get the thing.

jazzymugen
30-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Any difference between last years model?

Levinson Durbin
01-05-2012, 07:49 AM
So happy. Loan was approved and pickup the car Wednesday arvo. Finally I get the thing.

Sweet. you'll enjoy it BiLL|z0r see you on the road some time :)

UNLS1
01-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Any difference between last years model?

yeah, u coudlnt get the VIBE S last year. are u comparing to the Thai built VTI jazz?

ouch
02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
"arrived today" but need a week for "paperwork"

BiLL|z0r
02-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Got mine. Will post pics tomorrow. Looks awesome.

Oh and to answer my own question, the USB doesnt work with Samsung Galaxy S 2. Will try a USB key later tonight.

DoAvl
02-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Nice!

Called my dealer up today and they're expecting it in on Friday. Should be able to take delivery sometime next week. Excited!

randyat
04-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Saw a truck earlier this morning on the way to work loaded with new Jazzes. It just came from the Port Melbourne docks and is headed south.

BiLL|z0r
04-05-2012, 02:37 PM
A few pics to enjoy:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65293367/JazzVibeS1.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65293367/JazzVibeS2.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65293367/JazzVibeS3.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65293367/JazzVibeS4.jpg

Loving the car so far.
Suspension much firmer than the old GD Vti and new Auto much better than the crappy old CVT. Torque up hills better now.
I'm gonna start a new thread comparing GD VTi to GE Vibe S after I've driven it more.

UNLS1
04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Saw a truck earlier this morning on the way to work loaded with new Jazzes. It just came from the Port Melbourne docks and is headed south.

we recieved about 20 today!