PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] I know what it feels like to have kpro (no cruise control atm)

marquee
20-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey guys got no cruise control at the moment.

not sure it worked very recently even last night. now im not sure whats happened or what i have done but its not working at the moment.

Ive done a little bit of research and is may be due to the break and/or clutch sensor to sense the clutch isnt engaged. Is there a way to check this is the problem before replacing it?

Any other ides on what it might be?

Side note: The cruise button still works when turned on and off just not the set and resume button. All other controls on the steering wheel are working.

vaikis
20-12-2011, 09:55 PM
time to install K-Pro :D

Phorist
20-12-2011, 11:20 PM
time to install K-Pro :D

good call!

SPQR
21-12-2011, 12:27 AM
No cruise is a pain in this kerbside cash register age. You can save on petrol if you usually use ubiquitous cruise.

vaikis
21-12-2011, 01:41 AM
No cruise is a pain in this kerbside cash register age. You can save on petrol if you usually use ubiquitous cruise.

you can save even more petrol with good tune on K-Pro. Mine consumes less then with cruise ;)

aaronng
21-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Check if your brake lights are on all the time.

marquee
21-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Nope there not did read about that one too. Thanks Aaron.

After driving to work i could here a sound like a overstretching spring or a clicking noise coming from the clutch and also my clutch engagement point is pretty much as soon as i release my foot.

Im thinking now it has something to do with the clutch

aaronng
21-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Nope there not did read about that one too. Thanks Aaron.

After driving to work i could here a sound like a overstretching spring or a clicking noise coming from the clutch and also my clutch engagement point is pretty much as soon as i release my foot.

Im thinking now it has something to do with the clutch
If the clutch engagement point is right at the floor of the clutch pedal travel, first thing is to bleed the clutch line at the slave cylinder.

marquee
21-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I change it only a few months ago surely couldn't have gone bad in that time.

And my clutch pedal makes massive squeaking noises too.

Could it be master cylinder

marquee
22-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Or guys so i found the problem. Changed the fluid thanks Aaron.

Wasn't the problem seems my clutch pedal was broken in to get it fixed now

Fredoops
22-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Read this a while ago about the kpro dual harness front hondatuningmag:

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/htup_0906_hondata_k_pro_ecu/viewall.html

but its limitations include a loss of cruise control functions, limited data supply through its OBD-2 port, and an inability to fine-tune traction control or throttle characteristics. But nothing's perfect, and the only way you're going to get features like these is by stepping up to a high-dollar standalone.

Fredoops
22-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Double post because of iPhone...

I'm assuming you have the ktuned dual harness kpro?
Here's the kicker:
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800915

“We turned off the cruise control because we found that its use could crash the K-Pro ECU and shut off the engine. All error codes were switched off. One reason was to keep the drive by wire system "happy". Some error codes will cause the drive by wire to go into limp mode. ”

Edit.... Misunderstood the whole thing ... Lol

marquee
22-12-2011, 11:19 AM
lol fred i dont have kpro it was just my clutch pedal playing up

Fredoops
22-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Lol yeah, just realised it!! Stupid me

marquee
22-12-2011, 11:50 AM
All fixed now cruise is bake and pedal feels like a bought one