PDA

View Full Version : Facelift Foglights issue?

manonastick
26-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Hey
Anyone ever tried cheapo ebay foglights. I bought it because price was similar to just buying one thing alone from the states so for extra 20 buck i bought a set. I manage to fit it on my car (with gaps between the lense and the cover). I did all the wiring today and im sure they are correct but the fog lights did not turn on. The button thing lighted up and im sure it was fine but the foglights did not light up. These things are driving me nuts and im thinking of buying some betters ones but i thought i try to find more answer before buying something else. Anyone gave these a go and manage to run them fine?
Any answer will be appreciated.
cheers

kcokla
26-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Does the button light up all the time ? or simply when you press it (as it should)

I would check where you've plugged it in under the dash in the fuse box.

Disconnect/connect the relay and it should click - if so means relay is working.

check your grounds from the foglights themselves.

manonastick
26-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Does the button light up all the time ? or simply when you press it (as it should)

I would check where you've plugged it in under the dash in the fuse box.

The button lights up all the time actually. does it matter which slot i use to connect the brown connector? The guide i was reading didn't specify the specific ones i had to use. Did you buy a set yourself before? because the plugs in the fuse box is awfully loose . . .

Disconnect/connect the relay and it should click - if so means relay is working.

check your grounds from the foglights themselves.
i'll try that tommorrow.
thanks

mugen_ctr
27-12-2011, 12:24 AM
check all connections properly, and that all the ground wiring is on a proper connection... its a common problem when ppl install foggies, simply because they fail to have a proper connection...

Bludger
27-12-2011, 05:00 AM
Hey
Anyone ever tried cheapo ebay foglights. I bought it because price was similar to just buying one thing alone from the states so for extra 20 buck i bought a set. I manage to fit it on my car (with gaps between the lense and the cover). I did all the wiring today and im sure they are correct but the fog lights did not turn on. The button thing lighted up and im sure it was fine but the foglights did not light up. These things are driving me nuts and im thinking of buying some betters ones but i thought i try to find more answer before buying something else. Anyone gave these a go and manage to run them fine?
Any answer will be appreciated.
cheerslmzooooo

can;t stop laughing.

SRS'LY.

did you try hooking them up & testing them while they were out of the car?

thats what you should have done 1st.

sounds like a wiring issue.

If you don't know how to wire it up, take it to a pro.

1996_EK_Civic
27-12-2011, 05:41 AM
me and a mate put mine in my civic

from the battery
into the dash using a switch
wire goes to where my stock airbox should be
we've used a relay and spliced into the parking light wire, so my foglights only come on when my parkers are on
wire then goes into my foglights
then to ground on a sanded down metal surface

as above, if you dont know what to do, take it to someone who does

Bludger
27-12-2011, 06:07 AM
me and a mate put mine in my civic

from the battery
into the dash using a switch
wire goes to where my stock airbox should be
we've used a relay and spliced into the parking light wire, so my foglights only come on when my parkers are on
wire then goes into my foglights
then to ground on a sanded down metal surface

as above, if you dont know what to do, take it to someone who doesdid you put in a fuse?

1996_EK_Civic
27-12-2011, 08:26 AM
nope hahaahaha

JPR28610
27-12-2011, 10:06 AM
connect the right side of the wire to a relay, then from the relay to a 15am fuse, then the fuse to postive power.
connect the black wire on the left side to ground. then the switch wire run it through the firewall.
once in the firewall, connect the brown connector to slow TWO. and you should know your way from there.
and make sure you plug the negative and positive wires the right way aroung behind the foglight.

lol i dont think i explained it properly but yeah its pretty simple. ill try to find a manual for the foglight and put it up.

and heres a DIY http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=14672

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/intheworks_bucket/FogLightWiring.png

manonastick
27-12-2011, 03:51 PM
I think i might have found the problem.
I used the existing foglight light adapter that was next to the airbox instead.
Soo from foglights i plugged into the adapter next to the airbox.
The harness in the dash had extra brown adapter and i wondered what that maybe used for.
But then the harness is no way long enough to go from the foglights to the dash. . .

Bludger
27-12-2011, 04:29 PM
lolwut?

manonastick
27-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Guys i got it.
It was a stupid thing i failed at.
The 1pin brown connector hidden behind the fuse box. It was a bitch to get it and i forgot to plug the female brown plug to it . . . .
I got it to work until i turned it off and on and i think the relay died because i wasn't hearing any clicking sounds