PDA

View Full Version : first honda

a.tran
30-12-2011, 03:20 PM
hey so i just purchasedmy first car honda integra dc5 base model and just wanted to get your opinions on what mods i should be doing first my budget is mediumish lol thanks

simmy
30-12-2011, 03:37 PM
intake is one of the best and cheapest mods,

a twin loop could give you some nice sounds
followed by wheels suspension or something performance

depends what youre after, performance gains or looks

funworld
30-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Depends on what you want out of the car ...

I would start off with

- coilovers
- new rims and tyres
- exhaust
- intake

And define medium-ish ... lol

JayTea18
30-12-2011, 03:55 PM
i would start with an INJEN CAI ( cold air intake) - That was my 1st mod on my Teg . Go to trader section and click on jdmyard

Indie
01-01-2012, 11:32 PM
CAI, definitely.

jajaja
01-01-2012, 11:54 PM
lol wassup transta. do the cai first!

1900-hustler
03-01-2012, 08:40 AM
make sure your car is all roadworthy before spending money on mods

so tyres, brakes, serviced all fluids etc

then go I/H/E, suspension, drivetrain, rims & tyres, brake lines & pads, semi slicks, front splitters & rear spoiler etc etc

do what you want man - just make sure you got cash to repair the thing if it fcuks you

and seriously wtf is mediumish as a budget?

that to me is $10k

how can people give good advice if you dont nominate any hard figures

onetwo
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah bro, just make sure you keep some money in case anything goes wrong! I'd also start with I/H/E then straight to suspension and brake upgrades. Then I'd start working on small things that you want changed, lights etc etc.

Banana_hammock
03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Intake FOR SURE. Looks sweet when you lift up the hood and also meatier sound

a.tran
03-01-2012, 07:13 PM
ye im gna be pickin up the injen CAI pretty soon n just to clarify mods that cost between 0 to $800(mediumish=]) id say cause im working so i could always save up!! thanks for the help guys =]

funworld
04-01-2012, 12:01 PM

Also this. No purpose modding your car if it's got old ass fluids, cruddy tyres and brakes ...

Not a whole lot you can really do with $800. The car modding game is pretty expensive ... gotta pay to play.

a.tran
05-01-2012, 07:03 PM
i meant mods that cost around 800 or less each not my whole budget to be 800
Also this. No purpose modding your car if it's got old ass fluids, cruddy tyres and brakes ...

Not a whole lot you can really do with $800. The car modding game is pretty expensive ... gotta pay to play.

Oz_Striker
05-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I understand where your coming from with your budget but if you can save $800 then you can save 10K if you want mate, you just have to have self control and patience. I would suggest that you do plenty of research and don't be impatient and cheap out on parts because you can't be bothered saving for better quality items, do things right the first time, it will save you money in the long run. Things like a CAI won't set you back much but if you start looking at parts like coilovers (which a lot of people do) with a $800 budget your going to restrict yourself to low end products that wont last as long or perform as well as more expensive stuff. You should set a budget for different parts IMO that's what I try and do

Edit: also agree with the above regarding your car being roadworthy first and foremost

vtecing
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM
This

Then this

I would start off with

- coilovers
- new rims and tyres
- exhaust
- intake

And welcome to the world of Honda

funworld
06-01-2012, 01:12 PM
i meant mods that cost around 800 or less each not my whole budget to be 800

Ohhhh true. Pretty easy then.

Intake - GruppeM is the cream of the crop for intakes ... can be had for around 700-800 2nd hand. Given that they're so expensive, it's debatable whether it's worth it or not ... otherwise, you can't go wrong with an Injen CAI.
Exhaust - Can pretty much get any decent jap aftermarket exhaust for $800.
Coilovers - Typically cost a bit more than $800 ... you can probably pick up some decent used coilovers for around $1-1.5k. I picked up Tein Basic coilovers for $700 shipped ... so I was a bit lucky haha
Rims and Tyres - Together, definitely going to cost more than $800. Budget wise, you can probably get a decent set of tyres for about $500-600. Rims ... well, a totally subjective mod ... but you'll definitely spend at least $800 for a set. Could check option1garage out, they sell sets of rims for around that price.

So yeah, that's pretty much the base for getting your car looking/handling/sounding decent

HONDAPOWER234
06-01-2012, 02:41 PM
as pretty much everyone else has said here get a decent CAI, i have the injen one, sounds great. also get a good quality exhaust system at least cat-back, if u have extra money then replace the manifold as well. i have the J's racing cat back sounds amazing in vtec.
As for handling get some decent rubber on and definitely coilovers dont bother with just springs waste of time.

later on if ur keen get the ecu tuned with hondata, i have only heard good things about hondata. said to have good power gains with minor mods.