PDA

View Full Version : Peekay34, installed hiclone yet?

Faiz
23-02-2005, 11:09 AM
hello matey i heard to u say your gona install the hiclone in ya euro and dyno it for changes. I am just interested in the results and want to know. I might install one of these if they are totals safe to use.

Faiz.h.m

Peekay34
23-02-2005, 11:30 AM
I will be picking one up tonight as stated in another post along with an ITG filter the Dyno day is this weekend in Melb which I am going to and hopefully get some results.

euro77
23-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Make sure you dyno before and after the Hiclone, otherwise there'll be no proof it actually increase power

Peekay34
24-02-2005, 05:49 AM
Stating the obvious aren't we... :rolleyes:

Spoon-Accord
24-02-2005, 07:00 AM
what is a hi-clone.. sorry to ask?/

Ken

Peekay34
24-02-2005, 07:37 AM
look at www.fuelsaver.com under hiclone.

Also after fitting the Hiclone yesterday with the ITG filter.

First impressions a lot more low down grunt and pulls a lot harder.

accordingly flash
24-02-2005, 09:19 AM
so i was on to something then....i will be getting one next week....but wot is the filter is it like hiclones version of k&n?

yfin
24-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Peekay - what time will you be at the dyno thing on Saturday? I was planning to get there first thing as I have a few things to do on Sat.

Will be intersting to see how our dynos sheets compare and how much difference your mods have made.

Peekay34
24-02-2005, 10:25 AM
so i was on to something then....i will be getting one next week....but wot is the filter is it like hiclones version of k&n?

Much better filter than the K&N breathes more and is better for your engine. Many F1 teams use this filter for their engines as well as being used in rally. I have taken the filter out of the Icebox and put this filter in as a replacement. This filter is available to fit the standard Airbox (exactly the same as I have installed in my car). They also make pod filters as well.
As an example I used to have a K&N pod filter on my Sportivo Corolla and changed it to the ITG unit and I would say I picked up a further 8-10KW. I will get pic of the filter and post it as soon as I have it.

accordingly flash
24-02-2005, 10:30 AM
so wots the damage for one of these filters?

Peekay34
24-02-2005, 11:07 AM
$160 plus postage. But once installed you never have to replace the filter just inspect every so often clean it every 30-40000KM basicly is a life time filter.

Dominik
24-02-2005, 11:21 AM
wait, when doing the dyno run though you should be checking with the OEM filter - not the special racing filter that comes with the hi-clone. Otherwise you dont know whether its the filter or the hiclone thats having the effect...

Kawasaki
24-02-2005, 11:24 AM
I think the hi-clone is a load of rubbish IMO, but feel free to prove me wrong. Also agree with dominik's comments about the filter

Peekay34
24-02-2005, 01:01 PM
So are you going to pay for it to do all these tests. At the most if I can make it I will do what I need to do for my self. Kawasaki you are entitiled to your opnion everyone is but don't rubbish something you know nothing about.

Peekay34
24-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Peekay - what time will you be at the dyno thing on Saturday? I was planning to get there first thing as I have a few things to do on Sat.

Will be intersting to see how our dynos sheets compare and how much difference your mods have made.

Mate I will be there early as well.

panda[cRx]
24-02-2005, 02:32 PM
I might install one of these if they are totals safe to use.

Faiz.h.m

why wouldnt it be safe? they have no moving parts, lifetime guarantee. increased performance and fuel enonomy:thumbsup:

we talked to one of the guys at a dealer in melbourne and he had something ridiculous like 10 on his car on a custom intake:eek:

euro77
24-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Mate I will be there early as well.

I'll be there early as well, what time does it start again? 9 right?
I'll probably arrive there at 8.30 :D

Can't wait to see you guys there and the mods you've done to your car. mine is very stock, so don't laugh at the rice parts :D

Faiz
24-02-2005, 06:26 PM
']why wouldnt it be safe? they have no moving parts, lifetime guarantee. increased performance and fuel enonomy:thumbsup:

we talked to one of the guys at a dealer in melbourne and he had something ridiculous like 10 on his car on a custom intake:eek:

may as well put in one of these. :D Whats this racing thing peekay got with it? or is it i mistook it for something else while reading. I live newcastle area so ill look around and see what who can has these.
This will be my first ever mod :P

Peekay34
24-02-2005, 07:20 PM
If you are going to do anything would do the filter first if you are not going to do an intake. If you want anything I have a contacts details he can post as he will know the correct sizes. Web site is http://www.itgairfilters.com/ that describes the filters