PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure regulator

MugenCivic
23-02-2005, 12:33 PM
hey i;am thinking about getting a fuel pressure regulator for my EK1 civic hatchback, with D16Y4 engine, i was wondering what the stock pressure of the injectors are? also i heard that they may be 25psi, i f i bump them up to 40psi, the car will be smoother but is it worth it , will i get better time down quarter?

ProECU
23-02-2005, 05:46 PM
haha, sorry, but thats one of the funniest posts ive read in a long time.

pressure of injectors? its obvious you're confused...

you dont need a higher rated fuel regulator, unless you have the engine management to deal with the added fuel.
Injectors are rated by flow/min, ie usually 240cc's I dont know what the D16's use from factory.
Raising fuel pressure will run your car rich, I would say you will LOSE down the quarter.....if you can get your car to idle at all !

MugenCivic
24-02-2005, 02:42 AM
thanks, but i dont think u know what your saying either,for example when u get 550cc injectors, they dont automatically run at full potential u need a regulator, which in turn determines how much pressure to give them which is measured in psi. when used in a turbo application, u have riseing rate

CXICIV
25-02-2005, 02:56 AM
Hi,

Too answer your question, Yes you will benefit from rising the pressure up too around 35-40psi. Because all the mods you have done to your car would require more fuel too get a good gain, thus if you do not have a fuel pressure regulator, then you could be running lean which could destroy the motor. The first mod you should have done is the fuel pressure regulator. Be wary of the aftermarket ones with no brands, these can cause serious pressure dips and spikes which could destroy your motor within seconds. B & M and Sard make excellent ones which will give constant fuel pressure across the rev range. These can be brought for around $300.

Hope this helps

pgclee
25-02-2005, 04:36 AM
actually do you all know wats the reason when u add a fuel pressure regulator? what does the increment of the pressure to the injector do to your combustion??? and what does increase pressure means?..

increasing the pressure doesn't mean it will flood your piston...it will just have a better spread onto your piston and have a overall better combustion so that you can maximise the combustion to produce better power and overall burning of your fuel...if with a Bigger injector, without a injector Ballast + fuel regulator + a programable ECU will not take full potential effect to have even combustion...i'm quite sure that i'm rite on this one...

To mugencivic, is a good idea to add Fuel reg on your car, but u must have minor things to control all those fuel...like AFC + ITC...if with that, you may have some unexpected gain overall...

To ProECU, i guess there will always be pressure when something is spraying out...if there is no pressure...how can it happen?..one more thing...i never heard that adding fuel pressure regulator adds more fuel...unless you change to a high capacity injector with the supply of bigger fuel pump that is programmed by an ECU...all i know is that adding fuel Reg helps a better spread of fuel onto your piston...

I might be wrong...but..hmm...haha...who cares...muahahaha...

pgclee
25-02-2005, 04:37 AM
one more thing i wanna add...higher pressure also means Finer (smaller) droplet of fuel that makes it easier to combust...hmm..am i rite???

pgclee
25-02-2005, 04:38 AM
To mugencivic,

Better save up more money and get a B16a...more fun having that mate..hehe...