PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy steel/alumin pipe for air filter - south east

strizee
06-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Im in the south east melb, needa know where i can buy pipe for making air filter
I've been to clayton repco and they have real small ones, elbow type :/

charliebrown
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Assuming you're talking about the pipe that goes TO the air filter, go to bunnings man, they'll help you out if you explain what you wanna make. Or buy a cheapo CAI/SRI off ebay and use the pipe.

On a side note, clayton repco are bloody duds. Have no idea what they're doing/talking about. Wanky attitude too

dougie_504 on here made his own CAI and it ended up costing him a fair bit. The bends, clamps and pipes all add up, not cheap buddy.

markismaximus
06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
try actionaluminium.com.au. They have good prices and will sell you what ever length you want.

Banana_hammock
06-01-2012, 04:32 PM
It's pretty complicated since you'd have to grind, cut and weld the piping together. If anything, check out bunnings for some piping

NeedVtec
06-01-2012, 04:58 PM
made my own, cheap as fuark. the pod was the most expensive thing. Might not look the greatest, but i dont give a rats ass. Sounds just the same as any branded pod, and power differences? Negligible on a SOHC d series.

ohhh and i bought most of my stuff from bunnies, and local auto stores.

stndrd
06-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Depending on what size & length you want, the last one I priced up was about $100 (to suit DC4) from throttle body to pod filter. Tho this does not include silicone hoses & hose clamps