PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light

owens14
07-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I recently just installed the Kidd racing headers with test pipe, yes ino test big fine lol it just until I get a cat
Recently the check engine light has came on and I read in the rsx forum its a common problem , the same thing happens when they run the megan test pipe they said you need a angle cat bung or something like that does anyone know where to get these?
Thnx

DakDak
07-01-2012, 12:30 PM
You have two option s get a cat delete wch is something you plug the sensor into to trick it into thinking everything it's good. The other it's to get a kpro our so.mething similar and disable the sensor. You can buy a cart delete off club rsx. They are cheap. Even try ebay

Banana_hammock
07-01-2012, 12:30 PM
The MIL could really be anything. You'd need a scantool to properly diagnose the problem. It could be what you claim it to be, but then again, it could be something else. With the DC5S you could use any common OBDII scantool to check just to be safe. You don't want any random misfires now do you.

owens14
07-01-2012, 12:54 PM
You have two option s get a cat delete wch is something you plug the sensor into to trick it into thinking everything it's good. The other it's to get a kpro our so.mething similar and disable the sensor. You can buy a cart delete off club rsx. They are cheap. Even try ebay
Thnx man I'm just gonna get a cat delete as I don't have money for a kpro just yet
Thnx very mich

owens14
07-01-2012, 12:55 PM
The MIL could really be anything. You'd need a scantool to properly diagnose the problem. It could be what you claim it to be, but then again, it could be something else. With the DC5S you could use any common OBDII scantool to check just to be safe. You don't want any random misfires now do you.

Yeah true don't want anything going wrong
Cheers for the advice