PDA

View Full Version : keyless entry ek civic

Hellomotog
08-01-2012, 07:37 PM
hey guys. my car has some keyless entry installed already in it. previous owner told me it was honda and 150buks for a new remote. i thought it was as it came in pieces with no front part for buttons.

Anyway turns out it isn't. so i bought a honda keyless entry remote off ebay for nothing. how do i go about getting this remote to work on the car. do i need to buy a new honda receiver or something? i really like the idea of having the oem remote.

thanks guys

Hellomotog
08-01-2012, 07:43 PM
this is the remote.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-97-98-99-00-A269ZUA106-/290292746826?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4396cbca4a#ht_500wt_1413

getm_up
08-01-2012, 07:46 PM
if the car has keyless entry already, but no key you will probably need to buy the key or possibly use the one you bought,
take it to either honda or a place that specialized in that and get them to code the key to the car.

i worked at a car dealership, and for vw/nissan and mazda its expensive.

hope that helped, good luck

Hellomotog
08-01-2012, 07:49 PM
theres instructions on ebay that come with the remote. apparently you can program yourself. like turn ignition press this button. etc etc. just want to know how i go about fitment of the receiver.

cmon man this is the biggest diy forum out. don't send me to a dealer :p

thanks but

Hellomotog
08-01-2012, 09:10 PM

Hellomotog
08-01-2012, 10:27 PM
do pick and pay less have them?

Hellomotog
10-01-2012, 07:37 PM
no one has factory keyless on their ek?

manonastick
11-01-2012, 02:15 AM
no one has factory keyless on their ek?

I think they were pretty rare

Is there after market kit for cars by the way?

Hellomotog
11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
ye blackwidow do a lot. my car has a different brand. it was dealer installed. as well as my power windows. south side honda in old i think

Hellomotog
01-02-2012, 11:36 PM
So what is required for a keyless entry system.

I have a honda remote and receiver. I also have the central locking. Is it just a matter of connecting the receiver to the centralocking???

zhong
05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
- If you want to use the keyless entry that already exists in your car, it'll be wise to bring your remote(s) to a key cut joint - they will be able to program the frequency to the remote. Otherwise, follow the instructions that came with your remote kit.
- If you want to remove the current keyless entry system from your car, this will be the best and easiest way (IMO) - buy an alarm/central locking kit from ebay (cost peanuts) and wire it in, this will ensure you have a fully functional alarm/central locking with spare remotes.

But basically, the EK has a factory central locking mechanism in the driver's door, which in turn when the key is turned, it sends a signal to trigger the actuator in the passenger door to lock/unlock accordingly. Most aftermarket central locking systems require a secondary actuator (a motor that pulls/pushes the locking rod mech in your door) - easiest way to get this done is to use the 2-wire slave motors (dependent on your central locking/alarm system). There is also a central locking module located in the driver's door in which you can trigger the lock/unlock signals.

Otherwise, if you're not that confident with it all - bring it to a professional. Download the service manual, all schematics and wiring diagrams are in there.

Peace.

Hellomotog
07-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Hey man thanks for the reply.
What ive bought is the door parts. I already have the centeal locking under the kick panel. I have a black box its aftermarket i think from the old alarm im guessing it needs o be removed.

Also where would i find the service manual?

Your help is greatly appreciated thank you