PDA

View Full Version : Any recall on Accord V6 for Power Steering Hose leaking problem?

ccchan82
08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Hi,

I have just had the Power Steering Hose replaced on my V6 Accord (2005) last Thursday and it cost $500 (exclude labour) for the genuine part.

The mechanic (not from the Honda dealership) told me that he had just done the same Power Steering Hose replacement on 2 other Honda Accords (not sure if they were a V6 as well) within the same week. He said that the Accords use the same Power Steering Hose as those in the Accord Euros and the Euros had been recalled around March 2011 to have them replaced. Therefore, he can't see why there hasn't been a recall for the Accords to fix the same Power Steering Hose leaking issue.

The mechanic told me that I should report this to Honda as what he has suggested to the other 2 Accord owners to see if Honda has received any reports of this issue with the Accords. If a recall does happened, I should be able to get the cost to fix Power Steering Hose reimbursed.

I did find an old post 'Steering wheel power hose recall on Accord V6'. But, it does't seems to be any official recall on the V6 Accords yet.

I'm the second owner (I bought this car privately) of this car and it is currently out of warranty. How can I report this issue to Honda? And would they look into this issue since it's already out of warranty?

Any helps or advices would be great! Thanks!

davin
03-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Call your local dealer and give them your VIN. There is a recall for this issue and Honda are fixing mine for me next week - i have the same V6 Accord.

IV73CI
20-02-2012, 10:52 PM
yo u might want to have a read about this recall on the PS hoses.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...rs-please-read

wavesalon
09-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Brisbane Highway Honda denies there is a recall for the Honda accord v6. They say there is only a recall for the accord Euro.

Can the poster who was able to get it fixed for free provide more details so that others can try and claim the same at dealership?

Also I can confirm that the Accord v6 is indeed NOT on the Australian government recall list for the power steering problem, except for the Accord Euro.

sensei_
09-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Call up other dealers in your area.

Honda North told me that I would not be eligible for a recall fix on my legend a few years back (even when i went in with the recall clippings from the newspaper). I told them to beat it, because I suspected that they would bill me for fixing it, and pocket the change.

Went to another Honda dealer (Trivet Honda now named Prestige Honda) and they fixed it no worries. Even provided a loan car for the recall.