PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R goes onto the dyno.

Civic Type R
19-12-2003, 12:30 AM
Yes i finally got around to getting my VTiR hatch onto the dyno to test my new mods.
I have taken heaps of photos of everything and will be doing a ful write up soon.
Now to the list of mods.

Stock with short air ram and pod filter.
vs.
custom 4-1 headers based of JDM 98'spec ITR
2.25 mild steel cat back
high flow cat
replica mugen twin loop

heres the dyno chart.

http://www.westnet.com.au/atp110/images/dynochart.jpg

The throttle response is awsome. It pulls nice and hard and doesnt bog in some spots like it used to. Finally, it sounds mean and has that nice purr about it. The only negative is a light raspy rattle on full throttle and some when slowing down. I even have had some little backfires too :P

Overall.
for $1220. im quite happy :)

One other thing i noticed, which has eluded me for 4 years was the evidence of some camber to the wheels - especially to the front wheels. I couldnt believe my eyes as i thought it were stock. But i took some pics of it and got some people to view it and they all said yes, theres definatly an angle there :) woo hoo.

VTEC16
19-12-2003, 01:10 AM
awesome dude.....cool to have da papers to prove the butt-dyno :)

.....somehow i doubt my 2.25" cat back system and "no-name" mufler made the same power :((

ATSE
19-12-2003, 09:16 AM
That's around 93.8kw. What gear and dyno mode were u running? (eg 3rd gear in shootout mode etc.) Cause i know a certian EK4 with I/H/E and E-manage tuned which got around 98kw. A stock DC5R got 88kw on that same dyno as well... so each dyno is very different. But nice figures anyway.... now take it to the 1/4 mile strip.... :)

genesis
19-12-2003, 09:59 AM
You should have done your dyno run in 4th

Civic Type R
19-12-2003, 12:00 PM
You should have done your dyno run in 4th
i know but on this dyno it wouldnt do a second run for us in 4th - due to the low torque. We got one run of mid 130's but we were unable to do another. Hence 3rd was our next alternative.
The HP figures mean nothing to me as its understood all dynos are different. Its the gains and the feel of the car that interest me more :)

A'PEXi
19-12-2003, 12:12 PM
gw dude :D get some pics/write up when u can...

civicboy
19-12-2003, 12:15 PM
nice gains! :)
mad props

Civic Type R
19-12-2003, 12:39 PM
ive got lots of pics and will be doing a writeup soon :)

whats nice is that it keeps climbing in power well into the redline until the rev cut kicks in. Whereas before it tapered down.

Setanta
19-12-2003, 02:39 PM
That's a great gain compared to standard - well done :)

pookie
19-12-2003, 03:17 PM
It doesnt matter what gear you do it in for your HP, the torque will change though. if you want to see torque you should do it in 4th gear

the guys running the dyno should have been able to turn the load down shouldnt they? i know with a turbo car (i see more bikes get dynod than cars) if you turn the load up a bit higher, sometimes you can get a higher reading, same dyno, same settings, 5 min apart, different load on the rollers, both torque and HP

Civic Type R
20-12-2003, 01:00 AM
a full writeup is now available in the [Tech] section
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26446#26446