PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Accord/Euro

antony
10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I have just seen a rendering of the next Accord,and if it looks anything like this,it will be the best of the bunch again,and I will upgrade to a new one.

Google 2013 Honda Accord,and then watch the You Tube clip.

It looks like family of CL9/CU2 Euros,nothing like a normal Accord,with big wheel arches again,very curved roof,sleek side profile,and very bold new front...

This may be the global/US Accord...

If it has a big boot and more legroom in the rear,as well as that sexy styling,it will be another smash hit from Honda...

I CU2
10-01-2012, 09:11 PM
It's most definitely a fake rendering (or so I hope).

On the blue rendering, the door handles are right on the door seams and the mirrors are circular which doesn't even match the rest of the car!

The red rendering doesn't even have door handles or side mirrors? Along with a Honda badge but Acura corporate shield grille?

What is this?!? The Accord Euro/TSX mated with a colossal sized whale which in turn got back attacked by an Accord coupe? - I seriously hope that Honda didn't make this atrocity :c

But hey, it's better than the new Camry.

redseven
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
The rear shoulder with the big arches and sharp crease looks like the Alfa 159, along with the sharp slanted headlights up front. A Honda that looks like an Alfa is a good thing :)

praja6
10-01-2012, 10:09 PM
the car more looks in youtube like CL9 size.. will wait and see how big is the accord/euro going to be in 2013

egcarbz
10-01-2012, 11:19 PM
hey guys, i cant see any pics or link?

roony
10-01-2012, 11:28 PM
I saw this this a while ago and read more into it. From what a few said this was the concept car before the current gen accord (or was it the current cu2?. dont remmeber). Consensus was that honda concept cars were close to the real one.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/12/2013-honda-accord-coupe-concept-to-bow-at-detroit-auto-show.html

When they show their concept car might be a good indicator of what to expect.

roony
10-01-2012, 11:29 PM
hey guys, i cant see any pics or link?

they were pointing to this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjoEAsQG4RA

antony
11-01-2012, 07:03 AM
According to Automotive News,the next US Accord will be smaller,so that handling will be improved,so it is sounding more and more like the next Euro will be the next Accord as well.

aaronng
11-01-2012, 07:28 AM
the car more looks in youtube like CL9 size.. will wait and see how big is the accord/euro going to be in 2013

That blue and red rendering of the Accord has been around since 2006. It was not rendered by Honda.

It was the rumoured new look of the CU2! How wrong were they!

UNLS1
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
i dont think the wide body accord will have much more of a life here in aus at all. i think it will all be euro..

praja6
11-01-2012, 11:33 AM
well if they mention it is the concept car in the motorshow then we can expect how the car going to be after the release. The 2013 generation may be all Accord and no more EUro.. we will wait and see :)

Fredoops
11-01-2012, 12:25 PM
US just ditched TSX/Accord euro, and went with ILX, It's smaller than the CU2.
http://www.acura.com/future/ILX#1
^^^ got an Lexus IS250 ish C pillar and rear end.

STOP PRESS!The next Seppo (USDM) accord will look somthing like this (this is coupe form)
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/10/2013-honda-accord-coupe-concept-detroit-2012/
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/01/2013-honda-accord-coupe-concept-looks-very-familiar-2012-detroit-auto-show.html

Rudy
11-01-2012, 02:53 PM
US just ditched TSX/Accord euro, and went with ILX, It's smaller than the CU2.
http://www.acura.com/future/ILX#1
^^^ got an Lexus IS250 ish C pillar and rear end.

STOP PRESS!The next Seppo (USDM) accord will look somthing like this (this is coupe form)
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/10/2013-honda-accord-coupe-concept-detroit-2012/
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/01/2013-honda-accord-coupe-concept-looks-very-familiar-2012-detroit-auto-show.html

Nice! That 1st link looks much better than the TSX , which was getting too big and grotesque. I hope they somehow manage to bring that car here!

That coupe accord is hideous, and all the good parts (ie rear end only) will likely be toned down for the actual production model. I can't wait to see what the sedan looks like though. The technology increases are impressive as well, they are retaining the 6 speed! Also adding hybrid modes, etc and all engines gaining more hp/tq

Fredoops
11-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Nice! That 1st link looks much better than the TSX , which was getting too big and grotesque. I hope they somehow manage to bring that car here!

That coupe accord is hideous, and all the good parts (ie rear end only) will likely be toned down for the actual production model. I can't wait to see what the sedan looks like though. The technology increases are impressive as well, they are retaining the 6 speed! Also adding hybrid modes, etc and all engines gaining more hp/tq

Pretty sure ILX uses Civic platform or something

Comes in K20Z with automatic or K24Z with manual.

So it's more Civic than Euro.

denot
11-01-2012, 03:06 PM
This is the one shown at detroit motor show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXzufKLQnHY

tonysalib
11-01-2012, 03:27 PM
WOW, the TSX actually comes in a V6 in the US!!!! Producing 280hp, that's a sweet 209kW, compared to the crappy 148kW that we get here in the 4 cylinders Euro.

So annoying how these things don't make it down under.

http://www.acura.com/Engine.aspx?model=TSX&modelYear=2012

roony
11-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I have a cousin who works at Honda (overseas). He was saying the 9th gen Accord would be launched in Dec (no other info yet though).

On a side note, he did say they had meetings recently for concepts for the 2017 civic lol.

I CU2
11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
WOW, the TSX actually comes in a V6 in the US!!!! Producing 280hp, that's a sweet 209kW, compared to the crappy 148kW that we get here in the 4 cylinders Euro.

So annoying how these things don't make it down under.

http://www.acura.com/Engine.aspx?model=TSX&modelYear=2012

Except the V6 variants are way to heavy at the nose end. 209kW FWD, yey.

I hope they somehow manage to bring that car here!

Don't count on it, American made Acura's aren't generally sold in non-NA markets.

tonysalib
11-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Except the V6 variants are way to heavy at the nose end. 209kW FWD, yey.

Yeah obviously it will be heavier at the front but still I'm sure it would perform a lot better than the 4 cylinder one.

I CU2
11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah obviously it will be heavier at the front but still I'm sure it would perform a lot better than the 4 cylinder one.

62/38 weight distribution, it seems that the TSX was designed as a 4 cylinder but they just dumped in a V6 for the American market?

tonysalib
11-01-2012, 03:46 PM
62/38 weight distribution, it seems that the TSX was designed as a 4 cylinder but they just dumped in a V6 for the American market?

Yeah Americans love 6 and 8 cylinders, but so do I :(

chunsa
11-01-2012, 03:46 PM
2013 Accord Concept :o Is Honda trying to copy Kia cars!!

ILX - Confused Lexus/Accord/Civic baby :P Has it been confirmed they will be dumping the TSX?

NSX - I'm starting to save up for one now haha

Think it's too early to look at new Accord Euro maybe 2014 for new model.

I CU2
11-01-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't think there's "confirmation" per say, it's just widely speculated.

It's definitely replacing the CSX in the Canadian market, what will happen to the TSX is unknown. However, the continued cannibalisation of the TL market from the TSX is not good for Honda.

Rudy
11-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Don't count on it, American made Acura's aren't generally sold in non-NA markets.

True that.. on second look after googling it, it doesn't look that great anyway..rear is a bit awkward, but a step up compared to the "shield" Acura use for grilles over there.

antony
11-01-2012, 09:11 PM
The TSX will be sold alongside the
ILX,this has been confirmed by Acura today,as the TSX is one of their best selling models,and is selling as well as ever,about 32 000 units per year in the USA.

Honda will then monitor how the 2 sell side by side for the future...

Bit yes,the ILX is going to be Civic based.

Fredoops
11-01-2012, 10:28 PM
True that.. on second look after googling it, it doesn't look that great anyway..rear is a bit awkward, but a step up compared to the "shield" Acura use for grilles over there.

The TSX will be sold alongside the
ILX,this has been confirmed by Acura today,as the TSX is one of their best selling models,and is selling as well as ever,about 32 000 units per year in the USA.

Honda will then monitor how the 2 sell side by side for the future...

Bit yes,the ILX is going to be Civic based.
The question is for how long......because...

Well this line up is just freakin awkward... Look at this mess:

ILX: Audi A3, BMW 1 series class.... But a lot bigger, like.. Is250/CL9 size, comes in the TSX engine (k24)....,
TSX: Audi A4, BMW 3 series class... But a lot bigger, like almost Full size sedan external dimensions, comes In V6.
TL: Audi A6, BMw 5 series class... But barely any bigger than the TSX, got the same V-6 offered in the TSX. TSX taken a big chunk of its sales, especially since the up sized CU2 came out.
RL: Audi A8, BMW 7 series class, again, not much bigger than the TL, somewhat smaller than the German rivals.

Acura's line up is.... Well small cars too big and large cars too small.

Ps: just found out the next TSX will be build in Ohio, united states.....rofl that's like having a Ferrari factory in the middle of Macqurie fields... Oh the irony

I CU2
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Well Ye' traditional Accord comes from Thailand and they still control quality quite well. Couldn't you assume the same for American built Hondas?

aaronng
12-01-2012, 06:26 AM

I think the V6 TSX is made in Japan in the same factory as the CU2 Accord Euro. But they don't have an assembly line set up for the RHD version of the V6 TSX anyway.

aaronng
12-01-2012, 06:29 AM

It might be their value proposition. Those who find that they get a very small car for their money with the European brands will want the Acura equivalents. And those who find the A6 and A8 too big but still want the luxury can then go for the TL and RL.

Ps: just found out the next TSX will be build in Ohio, united states.....rofl that's like having a Ferrari factory in the middle of Macqurie fields... Oh the irony
Damn, this is not good. Especially if they choose to have their TSX based on an Acura America design instead of the Japan Accord design. That means our Accord Euros won't be able to make use of TSX aftermarket parts!

antony
12-01-2012, 06:35 AM
At this stage,all TSX models,including the V6 ,are built in Japan.

The ILX is going to be built in Ohio

See www.tsxclub.com for lots of useful information.

Fredoops
12-01-2012, 07:17 AM
It might be their value proposition. Those who find that they get a very small car for their money with the European brands will want the Acura equivalents. And those who find the A6 and A8 too big but still want the luxury can then go for the TL and RL.

Damn, this is not good. Especially if they choose to have their TSX based on an Acura America design instead of the Japan Accord design. That means our Accord Euros won't be able to make use of TSX aftermarket parts!

Sorry typo, the NSX will be build in Ohio, and ILX in Indiana or something.

denot
12-01-2012, 09:55 AM
The question is for how long......because...

Well this line up is just freakin awkward... Look at this mess:

ILX: Audi A3, BMW 1 series class.... But a lot bigger, like.. Is250/CL9 size, comes in the TSX engine (k24)....,
TSX: Audi A4, BMW 3 series class... But a lot bigger, like almost Full size sedan external dimensions, comes In V6.
TL: Audi A6, BMw 5 series class... But barely any bigger than the TSX, got the same V-6 offered in the TSX. TSX taken a big chunk of its sales, especially since the up sized CU2 came out.
RL: Audi A8, BMW 7 series class, again, not much bigger than the TL, somewhat smaller than the German rivals.

LOL, this is the same problem as what Honda Australa have as well!

Just replace ILX with Civic, TSX with Accord Euro, TL with Accord and RL with Legends :) Oh and throw Jazz & City to add the confusion :)

I CU2
12-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Doublepost, delete.

I CU2
12-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Is Acura actually a "luxury/prestige" brand or is it just a Premium brand?

It seems that they serve a niche market between the normal Honda's and trying to aspire to a Lexus like status.

LOL, this is the same problem as what Honda Australa have as well!

Fredoops has the best explanations! It's funny because it's true. Here's the situation of our market rofl:

Jazz - white good 101
City - awkward white good 101
Civic - aging white good 101
Accord euro - saving grace
Accord - large car no one wants to buy
Legond - failure

Fredoops
12-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Acura is a prestige brand, think lexus

aaronng
12-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Is Acura actually a "luxury/prestige" brand or is it just a Premium brand?

It seems that they serve a niche market between the normal Honda's and trying to aspire to a Lexus like status.

Fredoops has the best explanations! It's funny because it's true. Here's the situation of our market rofl:

In the US, Acura is probably similar to BMW/Audi (if you take away the stigma of Acura being just a rebadged Honda). Acura's customer service is probably close to Honda's which is not that good (issues with the car can be blamed on the owner, if it is like how the tsx.acurazine.com forums describe).

Lexus is closer to Mercedes Benz since they don't just rely on the cars but also the service that they provide to attract buyers. For example, if your Lexus is due for service, they will rock up to your house in a Lexus of the same or higher model, give you the keys to that car and take your car back to the dealer for servicing. If you are at work, they will come to your work to pick it up (assuming it is within the distance that they state in their policy). Audi & BMW for example doesn't do this. They only give you courtesy cars. You still have to drive your own car to the dealer. One of my colleagues actually returned his A5 to Audi Australia because of the poor service and bought a Lexus instead!!!

tonysalib
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM
if your Lexus is due for service, they will rock up to your house in a Lexus of the same or higher model, give you the keys to that car and take your car back to the dealer for servicing. If you are at work, they will come to your work to pick it up (assuming it is within the distance that they state in their policy).

They do that even for recalls that they don't charge you anything for.

Lexus service truly is exceptional - its no fluke they are consistently on top in customer satisfaction ratings

denot
12-01-2012, 02:00 PM
...Mercedes Benz since they don't just rely on the cars but also the service that they provide to attract buyers.

Strangely, there is no "pickup" service from Mercedez dealer. NOT EVEN a courtesy car ($30/day charge for A, B or C class) The only service they do is to drive me back to work (from Chatz to North Sydney) on the E class (and no, I cant drive the E class they said)

Are you guys sure about this? Or is this something that Mercedez over ages ago?

And regarding Lexus "exceptional" service, that is only if you join some sort of "customer loyalty" program (for some $$/year) according to a friend of mine...

tonysalib
12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
And regarding Lexus "exceptional" service, that is only if you join some sort of "customer loyalty" program (for some $$/year) according to a friend of mine...

No I'm pretty sure this sort of service is standard. My friend experienced it with his RX330 recall and he didn't even purchase the car from Lexus, he bought it used from a used car dealer.

denot
12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
No I'm pretty sure this sort of service is standard. My friend experienced it with his RX330 recall and he didn't even purchase the car from Lexus, he bought it used from a used car dealer.

Cool! Now I think Lexus service is a lot better than Merc, Merc service is no better than BMW's or Audi's or even Honda's.

tonysalib
12-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Cool! Now I think Lexus service is a lot better than Merc, Merc service is no better than BMW's or Audi's or even Honda's.

Yeah I wanna get a GS430 for my next car - V8 :D

aaronng
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Strangely, there is no "pickup" service from Mercedez dealer. NOT EVEN a courtesy car ($30/day charge for A, B or C class) The only service they do is to drive me back to work (from Chatz to North Sydney) on the E class (and no, I cant drive the E class they said)

Are you guys sure about this? Or is this something that Mercedez over ages ago?
Not sure if Mercedes service extends to the car exchange system like Lexus has. But when you go into a Mercedes dealer to check on the models and cars, their sales person will take the time to explain all the features and how it works. I was tyre kicking before and the sales person took 1 hour of their time to explain all the C-class features, including starting the car to show that the reverse sensors can pick up a sparse bush behind and to the corner of the car. I had told them up front that I was just looking and not buying yet. Honda dealer on the other hand said to come back when I decided that I wanted to buy and did not show me around their car.

It's standard. When the IS250 first came out, I went to Sydney City Lexus to check the car out and they explained that it was part of the service (of course, the cost of the service is higher than that of Honda!). They said that this service was if I was living in Sydney metro area (still covered Homebush Bay). So there is still a limit to how far they will drive to pick the car up from you.

praja6
12-01-2012, 07:33 PM

Thats strange to hear Denny. Seems like Merc service has been changed. MY friend got IS250 and he said Lexus service is great and no issue. For my knowledge the Lexus Encore program is free when you buy the lexus and it comes with 4yr warranty.

praja6
12-01-2012, 07:41 PM
I got a question guys regarding Honda service. After the honda car service is completed, does the service guy or the guy at the service receiption take you down to your car and open the door and put the key for you in the car?

I CU2
12-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Doesn't one Honda dealer give you some delicatessen chocolates when you service with them lol?

praja6
12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Doesn't one Honda dealer give you some delicatessen chocolates when you service with them lol?

I think the honda dealer give delicatessen chocolate in sydney is closed for ever and i found out their service fees were expensive. The honda dealer i take my car for service give me free cappuccino and from upstair you can see what they actually do to their car if you take it in saturday morning lol.

roony
12-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I got a question guys regarding Honda service. After the honda car service is completed, does the service guy or the guy at the service receiption take you down to your car and open the door and put the key for you in the car?

well from what I have had, they bring the car to the front, leave it on, they get out and just dont close the door. So no they dont open it for me, they left it open for me lol.

praja6
12-01-2012, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=denot;3207576]Strangely, there is no "pickup" service from Mercedez dealer. NOT EVEN a courtesy car ($30/day charge for A, B or C class) The only service they do is to drive me back to work (from Chatz to North Sydney) on the E class (and no, I cant drive the E class they said)

Its funny they said you can't drive the Eclass merc. WHy is that? Do they think driving the E class need some special driving skills? or they think E class is something like one of 7 wonders of the world.

I CU2
12-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Maybe insurance issues on the courtesy car?

aaronng
12-01-2012, 11:46 PM

Depends on the dealer. My previous dealer would get their mech to drive my car to the door of the showroom area so that I was only 2 meters from the dealer door to the car.

Another dealer just gave me my keys and said that my car was parked out front.

tonysalib
13-01-2012, 07:17 AM
they think E class is something like one of 7 wonders of the world.

Not unless its an E63 AMG :p

denot
13-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey Radja,
No what I meant is that when they said they going to drive me to work, I asked the driver (another Salesperson) if I can drive the car instead of him. And he said sorry he cant let me do that :(

And with the Lexus, I've just confirmed with my friend that it was part of the service so no membership (my bad, I must've confused with something else)

Regarding the great service of Merc dealer, aarong was right. The sales team doing a very good job. The salesman even give me iPhone connection kit that worth $600 for free because he knows I used an iPhone (still no free umbrella though) and with the new Mazda I've got. The salesman just laugh when I asked them if he's going to give me any freebies. Oh and he "reluctantly" gave me his dealer keyring after he saw that my C Class (that I traded in) key have the Merc keyring on it.

Overall, I think Honda dealer (that I know) service is better than Mazda. It just pathetic. I even give them low score on the survey (1st time I bothered to do that)

Fredoops
13-01-2012, 10:43 AM
CX9//// why man.

aaronng
13-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Hey Radja,
No what I meant is that when they said they going to drive me to work, I asked the driver (another Salesperson) if I can drive the car instead of him. And he said sorry he cant let me do that :(

Ah, then it is because of insurance issues since the car that the sales person was driving was not a courtesy car.

denot
13-01-2012, 10:56 AM
CX9//// why man.

Why not man... The roomiest 7 seater under 65k

oh and please dont mention why not buy the Honda "Hearse" Odyssey

Fredoops
13-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Why not man... The roomiest 7 seater under 65k

oh and please dont mention why not buy the Honda "Hearse" Odyssey

Why do you need a catholic-mobile?

denot
13-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Why do you need a catholic-mobile?

catholic mobile? :confused:

Fredoops
13-01-2012, 11:04 AM
catholic mobile? :confused:

it carries 1/2 dozen offspring :-P

denot
13-01-2012, 11:16 AM
it carries 1/2 dozen offspring :-P

Oh Lol... the 2nd baby comes out, and if you still leave with Parents (well in-laws in this case) 5 seater is not enough.

Fredoops
13-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh Lol... the 2nd baby comes out, and if you still leave with Parents (well in-laws in this case) 5 seater is not enough.
Lol you poor bastard.

I CU2
13-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Isn't the CX9 a bit of a fuelaholic?

denot
13-01-2012, 01:06 PM

Yeah... and stop reminding me and continue with the topic pls... :(

buddah51au
13-01-2012, 01:50 PM

A 2500kg V12 Bently uses less fuel than a CX9

denot
13-01-2012, 02:12 PM
A 2500kg V12 Bently uses less fuel than a CX9

The Bentley Continental Supersport Coupe V12? It uses 25.6L/100kms urban or 16.7L/100kms combined on paper mr Buddah, while CX 9 uses 11L/100kms on combined on paper :)

Fredoops
13-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Yeah... and stop reminding me and continue with the topic pls... :(

Couldve had a Ford Territory 2.7 Diesel for that.....

aaronng
13-01-2012, 04:03 PM
The Bentley Continental Supersport Coupe V12? It uses 25.6L/100kms urban or 16.7L/100kms combined on paper mr Buddah, while CX 9 uses 11L/100kms on combined on paper :)

You don't get anywhere near 11L/100km in real life on the CX-9. It is closer to 15-18 L/100km. :p

I CU2
13-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I love our off topic chats though!

denot
13-01-2012, 04:13 PM
GAAAHHHH Stop attacking me People!!! :(:(:( I missed my CU2!!!!

antony
13-01-2012, 06:43 PM
denot,I am sure you miss your CU2,however the CX9 IS a great vehicle,I spoke my brother in law into getting one 5 years ago.

Fredoops
13-01-2012, 08:21 PM
denot,I am sure you miss your CU2,however the CX9 IS a great vehicle,I spoke my brother in law into getting one 5 years ago.
5 years? You sure you aren't talking about a Cx4?

denot
16-01-2012, 09:07 AM
5 years? You sure you aren't talking about a Cx4?

Nah mate, CX9 released in 2007 so yeah...

UNLS1
16-01-2012, 11:23 AM
You don't get anywhere near 11L/100km in real life on the CX-9. It is closer to 15-18 L/100km. :p

heaps of people bought them when they came out and heaps we getting rid of them soon after when they realised a V8 commodore was better on fuel lol

denot
16-01-2012, 12:53 PM
heaps of people bought them when they came out and heaps we getting rid of them soon after when they realised a V8 commodore was better on fuel lol
But cant take 7 people rite? Anyway since when the mod allow us to talk about unrelated topic for a while?

buddah51au
16-01-2012, 01:10 PM
GAAAHHHH Stop attacking me People!!! :(:(:( I missed my CU2!!!!

LOL Mr Denot, we have to get you back into a CU2 somehow. Tell us your true fuel average since you got the BUFF

Fredoops
16-01-2012, 01:44 PM
LOL Mr Denot, we have to get you back into a CU2 somehow. Tell us your true fuel average since you got the BUFF
No worse than a V6 Pardo. /thread

I CU2
16-01-2012, 03:58 PM
But cant take 7 people rite? Anyway since when the mod allow us to talk about unrelated topic for a while?

When the mod said this:

It means he approves of our off topic since he joined it as well ahahaha.

Fredoops
16-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Ok boys and gals, enough cx9 talk.
Leave denot alone, he's suffered enough.

I CU2
16-01-2012, 04:53 PM
So guys. What do you think the fuel economy of the 2012 Euro will be like?

Fredoops
16-01-2012, 05:01 PM
2013 you mean?

With direct injection and (hopefully) Advanced-VTEC, and a 6spd auto tranny, should see a 10-15% reduction from the current model.

buddah51au
16-01-2012, 07:32 PM
So guys. What do you think the fuel economy of the 2012 Euro will be like?

I have only done 3,300km to date. average 6.8L/100

I CU2
16-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I meant 2013, whoopsies.

Rudy
16-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Anyone know when the image of the 13 euro are coming out? So far they have only released the accord coupe images right?

antony
17-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Yes Rudy,the US Accord always comes out before the Euro,and the coupe concept was a teaser.

US Accord due late 2012,Euro due mid 2013,so no pics for a while...

denot
17-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Do you guys think the US Accord will be the same as our Accord (Honda Inspire)

I CU2
17-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Don't think so anymore as they are keeping the TSX and have to differentiate it from grandpa Accord.

Rudy
17-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Do you guys think the US Accord will be the same as our Accord (Honda Inspire)

I thought the US accord is always the same as our accord?

antony
18-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Yes,the US Accord is the same as our Thai built Accord,which is sold as the Honda Inspire in Japan.

denot
18-01-2012, 09:07 AM
I thought the US accord is always the same as our accord?

Just asking since Honda sometimes changes their strategy on bringing car to Australia (e.g. Civic was always made in Thai since 2006, now they bring the US model here, etc)

Rudy
18-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Just asking since Honda sometimes changes their strategy on bringing car to Australia (e.g. Civic was always made in Thai since 2006, now they bring the US model here, etc)

Ah, I hope they don't bring the US model here! You would think the thai would be easier and cheaper to ship here? Wonder why the changed that with the civic?

denot
18-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Ah, I hope they don't bring the US model here! You would think the thai would be easier and cheaper to ship here? Wonder why the changed that with the civic?
I think the one shown as the US model will become a global model. But prob still be built in Thai

antony
19-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Our all new Civic is going to be launched in March,and will be fully imported from
Japan,which is great news...

Fredoops
19-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Our all new Civic is going to be launched in March,and will be fully imported from

Hopefully we get the "enhanced" version the CEO promised.

denot
19-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Hopefully we get the "enhanced" version the CEO promised.

LOL the only thing they'll "enhanced" probably the price :p

Kevin-Euro
17-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I just spoke with a Honda dealer in Dee Why today. He said that Honda Australia told them a new Euro was going to be released at end of 2012. He said that the body was supposed to be about the same size but the interior was going to have lots of changes.

80honda
02-10-2012, 01:46 AM
I have just seen a rendering of the next Accord,and if it looks anything like this,it will be the best of the bunch again,and I will upgrade to a new one.

Google 2013 Honda Accord,and then watch the You Tube clip.

It looks like family of CL9/CU2 Euros,nothing like a normal Accord,with big wheel arches again,very curved roof,sleek side profile,and very bold new front...

This may be the global/US Accord...

If it has a big boot and more legroom in the rear,as well as that sexy styling,it will be another smash hit from Honda...

Googled and found a bunch of videos on the new Accord.
http://www.hondasacuras.com/2012/09/overview-guided-video-tour-of-new.html

Also, I read that the North American Designed Accord is going to Europe.

CU2 Euro 09
02-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Just to point out the obvious. That link is to the Accord and not the Euro/TSX.

caudex
02-10-2012, 10:10 AM

Supposedly that is only temporary, due to floods in Thailand. There is no announcement yet on when they will resume their factories in Thai.

I CU2
02-10-2012, 10:27 AM
??????

The Civics have been imported from Thailand again for 1-2 months with the introduction of a base VTI model and a higher price compared to the Japanese imported ones (like wth).

This generation of Civics are the ugliest things I have seen but then again I've never been a Civic fan.

MKI4EVA
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Dam hey no sign of a new Euro........lease is up but we might be able to hold on for another year. Otherwise it's the new Civic hatch to cut down and pay off mortgage.

antony
08-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Dam hey no sign of a new Euro........lease is up but we might be able to hold on for another year. Otherwise it's the new Civic hatch to cut down and pay off mortgage.

I dont think there will be a new Euro out before late 2013 ,as a 2014 model.

Thats when the new Acura TLX is due out,which shoyld be the same car as the next Honda Spirior in China,global/Japaneese Accord,and Euro in Oz and New Zealand.

CU2CU2
08-10-2012, 10:11 PM
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h352/CU2CU2/untitled1.jpg

ryaan
08-10-2012, 11:25 PM
i gota say that this is the most hideous grill of all hondas

denot
09-10-2012, 10:44 AM
wtf is that thing??? Kill it!!! Burn it!!!!

antony
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Its the new 2013 hybrid Accord.

denot
10-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Its the new 2013 hybrid Accord.

oh, yeah u rite... American accord... -_-"

I CU2
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Why do they always look retarded...

redseven
11-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Like a CRV that crashed into an Accord that crashed into a Scooby.... that grill is a bit big but the huge "H" logo looks bloody ridiculous! I'd take the Acura bucktooth plenum thing any day over this.

MR_LATE
12-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Should push that thing off the cliff

nesterjester
13-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Should push that thing off the cliff

Haha awesome