PDA

View Full Version : CL9 Accord Euro - Iphone connection

dark138
13-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi All,

Before the lmgtfy crap - Yup i searched and got 4 pages of results.

I am looking for advice from people who already has installed an audiolink on their Accord, i have a 07 CL9 /w Sat Nav . There are so many products to choose from on ebay hence i am asking for people who already have one installed for their opinion. If you cbfed writing something useful then move along.

:thumbsup: +rep to all useful/helpful responses.

I am looking for something

Charges the iphone while playing
Outputs from the digital connector at the bottom of the phone not @ the headphones jack
Control playlist from steering wheel optional/nice feature to have
If there is Iphone + USB would be ideal.

I know there is xcarlink, but $150 for that. REALLY?

Mr.DC2
13-01-2012, 11:23 AM
My friend has the xcarlink for 80$ on eBay seems ok and all but I decided to pay abit more and got the parrot mki9100 and pc000008aa adapter cable to suit the unit and car without cutting any loom.

There's USB aux iPhone connector and Bluetooth so you cable receive incoming calls through the speaker and auto mutes the music when the calls come in, play music from your phone with or with cable and a awesome display showin you who's calling what song your playing the USB or phone

Hope this helps abit

tonysalib
13-01-2012, 02:28 PM
My friend has the xcarlink for 80$ on eBay seems ok and all but I decided to pay abit more and got the parrot mki9100 and pc000008aa adapter cable to suit the unit and car without cutting any loom.

There's USB aux iPhone connector and Bluetooth so you cable receive incoming calls through the speaker and auto mutes the music when the calls come in, play music from your phone with or with cable and a awesome display showin you who's calling what song your playing the USB or phone

Hope this helps abit

How is the quality of the sound when streaming music via Bluetooth?

I have the USB/SD card/AUX (no iphone connector) xcarlink with the bluetooth add on and i have to say the quality of the sound is crap when streaming via bluetooth, using the AUX or the USB is a lot better but I mainly got the bluetooth add on so i can stream music wirelessly but was very disappointed with the quality of the sound - there is like a hissing sound that intensifies the treble too much.

Mr.DC2
13-01-2012, 04:20 PM
The sound is not as good as the factory head unit cd player but it sounds much better then what you have no hissing or interference but the parrot unit has its own equalizer and audio option such as r&b classic flat hall etc....

So yer you can choose what suits you

-[NoS]-
13-01-2012, 04:41 PM
i got the xcarlink with the ipod output... pretty sweet considering my euro didnt come with mp3...
its got the aux and the ipod adaptor... i use the ipod mostly... charges the phone at the same time...
5 and 6 jump thru playlist... although... once you plug it in... it goes straight to playlist 4... i dunno why... lol
you can change tracks and control volume from the wheel... havent tried the bluetooth on it yet...
there is a hissing sound that i noticed on playback... was easy as to install as wells...

but yea... i got it for $120... pretty good for a temporary fix until i finish the install on my system :D

tonysalib
13-01-2012, 04:47 PM
-;3208531']i got the xcarlink with the ipod output... pretty sweet considering my euro didnt come with mp3...
its got the aux and the ipod adaptor... i use the ipod mostly... charges the phone at the same time...
5 and 6 jump thru playlist... although... once you plug it in... it goes straight to playlist 4... i dunno why... lol
you can change tracks and control volume from the wheel... havent tried the bluetooth on it yet...
there is a hissing sound that i noticed on playback... was easy as to install as wells...

but yea... i got it for $120... pretty good for a temporary fix until i finish the install on my system :D

And what happens when you get a call while the phone is connected and playing music through the car speakers? I know the music definitely stops (the phone does that) but during the call does the sound come out of the car speakers?

Coz if it does then there is really no point getting bluetooth, if you can talk loud enough to reach the phone's mic :p

Mr.DC2
13-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Yer that the avantage of the parrot you don't have to remove the phone from your pocket or plug any cables in ( can if you want to charge ) and if your playing music from the USB aux or radio or cd anything the parrot would mute everything and tell you that there's and incoming call from etc. and it comes with dual mic for clearer sound and wind cancelation and no echo then when your done it automatically return to your music.

But yer it's is much more then the xcarlink

tonysalib
13-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Yer that the avantage of the parrot you don't have to remove the phone from your pocket or plug any cables in ( can if you want to charge ) and if your playing music from the USB aux or radio or cd anything the parrot would mute everything and tell you that there's and incoming call from etc. and it comes with dual mic for clearer sound and wind cancelation and no echo then when your done it automatically return to your music.

But yer it's is much more then the xcarlink

I want one of these :| where did you get yours?

Mr.DC2
13-01-2012, 05:22 PM
If your in Melbourne I can get the parrot unit for you for slightly less then the retail price.

Then you need the adapter cable pc000008aa that will directly plug up everything, nothing needed 15$ eBay to your door

dark138
14-01-2012, 10:52 PM
How much did this cost you all up DC2?

gexter101
15-01-2012, 01:08 AM
I recently purchased a DVD/GPS with Iphone/Ipod connection from Ebay, looks like this picture below for my 04 Euro.
http://usih.merchantrunglobal.com/ImageHosting/ViewImage.aspx?GlobalID=1003&MerchantID=1588&ImageID=6720&DisplaySize=-1&ListingID=10930

To answer your Questions:
1. Charges the iphone while playing
Yes, Ipod & Iphone will charge through the connection.
2. Outputs from the digital connector at the bottom of the phone not @ the headphones jack
Uses the Standard Ipod/Iphone connection plug not the headphone jack.
3. Control playlist from steering wheel optional/nice feature to have
Most of the Ebay units with screens like this unit do have the steering wheel function but what I found with mine was it did Not work,
I had enabled the function through the units menu settings and still did not work so that was one of the problems.
4. If there is Iphone + USB would be ideal.
Most of these units have a USB & SD Card input connections. Some dont have the Iphone connection.
Best to read carefully the detailed description before buying.

Other info: Bluetooth worked with the Unit and the Iphone connectivity. You could dial and see incoming calls etc from the screen/monitor.

Other thing I found was the fitment of the unit to my CL9 model was not a 100% perfect fit. It did say and show that it would fit my model.
In fact the unit looks like it was made for the TSX or a different model CL9.
As the bottom of the whole unit did not have the "V" Shape instead a curved shape and because of this the lower compartment Lid had
to be removed (just the lid/cover) and compartment left open. You only have to
slightly modify the bottom holes for where the snap on/clip fittings go. All and all it does fit after doing those things.

After 2 months the unit crashed, the unit had turned completely off while i was driving and pulled over and turn it back on. It turn on BUT the bottons
on the front of the unit such as DVD, EJECT, VOLUME, etc. did not work properly, in fact the buttons had some how change. Example the EJECT button
when pressed would MUTE and the MUTE would Switch to DVD mode and the NEXT button would EJECT the CD etc etc.
Could not fix it and had removed it and put back the standard unit. Had it return and refunded.

So that's just my experiance with one of these units from China on Ebay. Good Luck.

d_evilz
15-01-2012, 02:08 AM
^ please post us a link of that! :D

MRH-22A
22-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey mate, does the Parrot allow using the steering wheel controls to change tracks playing on the iPhone?

[Directed at Mr.DC2]

simba-au
28-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Hi,

so this kit parrot mki9100 and pc000008aa adapter cable is compatible for Accord Euro CL9 luxury with Navigation system console ?

I tried http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TM9U2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but without luck. The unit did not power up or even charged the iphone/ipod.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am based in sydney and am willing to pay postage if you let me know how much those two kits cost.