PDA

View Full Version : VIC EPA emissions test

Symphorced
13-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Straight forward question. Just wanted to know if a high flow cat (100 cel), should pass an EPA emissions test? Also have Toda exhaust (with a pea shooter muffler bolted on to pass the noise test). No other mods to affect emissions.

IEVAQ8
13-01-2012, 11:52 PM
It will b fine

Symphorced
14-01-2012, 09:49 AM
It will b fine

Thanks mate. Been speaking to a few people all who have mixed opinions on it. Just throwing up whether or not I should bother getting the stock extractors/cat back on.

TypeS
14-01-2012, 11:56 AM
You should be fine.

I was 85dB with Kiddracing header + 100Cel Cat + stock midpipe + pea shooter

Worst case scenario you pay the 30 odd and test again.

Symphorced
14-01-2012, 12:23 PM
You should be fine.

I was 85dB with Kiddracing header + 100Cel Cat + stock midpipe + pea shooter

Worst case scenario you pay the 30 odd and test again.

That's for noise test. Emissions is ~$78 and I have to take leave to go get it done as there's only two places in all of Victoria that do it and only between Monday - Friday. :/

stndrd
15-01-2012, 09:41 AM
You may not pass emission's testing with a complete aftermarket exhaust fitted. You will most likely have to comply with EURO III emission's requirements. I would do a bit of research first before you have it tested, as from memory, if you fail, they pretty much restrict your rego, so that you can only drive to and from places of repair.

I can check my Vicroads RWC testers guide tomorrow and update you with details if you would like

Symphorced
15-01-2012, 01:35 PM
You may not pass emission's testing with a complete aftermarket exhaust fitted. You will most likely have to comply with EURO III emission's requirements. I would do a bit of research first before you have it tested, as from memory, if you fail, they pretty much restrict your rego, so that you can only drive to and from places of repair.

I can check my Vicroads RWC testers guide tomorrow and update you with details if you would like

If you could check for me, that would be awesome. Didn't know that if I failed they would restrict my rego. Thought they would have just told me to fix it and then get tested again... :/

I have TODA extractors, 100 cell high flow cat, TODA b-pipe and a pea shooter muffler bolted on.