PDA

View Full Version : Unfair ban messages Wynode and no response?

NightKids
14-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Ok just came off a very unfair banning. Messaged wynode to look into it, he doesn't even bother to respond.

So I've followed the correct procedures but doesn't seem like anyone cares and this particular mod is just running crazy on this power trip! This is the same mod mentioned in a thread that was recently closed down btw...

dc2r-0636
14-01-2012, 06:07 PM
i got banned as well coz a particular mod abuses his powers.

NeedVtec
14-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I have to agree with you, but publicizing the incident is not going to help your cause. Just wait for a response of Wyn, he might be a busy fella. Have you tried PMing that said mod?

Trust me man, been in the same situation, 16 infraction points in a space of 2 minutes during a fiasco involving the same particular mod that happened a few months back, many other members are in the same boat and have just given up trying. Just be patient for a while, and if you don't get a reply from Wyn or any other mod then.......

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/anonymous-mask.png

bennjamin
14-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Wynode is currently AWOL - with a busy work life he rarely has time to moderate.
Did you try pm'ing myself ?

But in regards to this issue , what exactly do you suggest - Ive looked over and it appears there is no unjust infractions. The time frame would indicate a lesson to be learnt - spiteful , but justified. This does work both ways tho , as ive noted alot of flack directed towards this moderator. This is not on and will be dealt with.

dc2r-0636
14-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Ben I got a infraction for telling him to stop spamming on the b20vtec crv thread, how do Subaru foresters relate to the op's question ?..

trism
14-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Flack is only directed because of the abuse of power IMO.

NightKids
15-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Benjammin, i seriously don't know how u can say it's justified. I literally got 4pts for saying something so minor that my fellow ozhonda forum members say that it's way too harsh. Then got infracted 12 more points for posting the proof up.

Secondly, if so many people here are saying that this one particular mod is power abusing then shouldn't you look at stripping his mods priviledge? For sure you can trust our judgement a bit considering a lot of us aren't trouble makers. All u need to do is look at my infraction history since being a member in 2005...

aaronng
15-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Benjammin, i seriously don't know how u can say it's justified. I literally got 4pts for saying something so minor that my fellow ozhonda forum members say that it's way too harsh. Then got infracted 12 more points for posting the proof up.

Secondly, if so many people here are saying that this one particular mod is power abusing then shouldn't you look at stripping his mods priviledge? For sure you can trust our judgement a bit considering a lot of us aren't trouble makers. All u need to do is look at my infraction history since being a member in 2005...
I went through your posts that you got infractions for, and most of them are for attacking/insulting that particular mod. This was 3-4 times in a single day. Why do you keep doing this when you know that you will be infracted?

NightKids
15-01-2012, 02:16 AM
I went through your posts that you got infractions for, and most of them are for attacking/insulting that particular mod. This was 3-4 times in a single day. Why do you keep doing this when you know that you will be infracted?

Well there you go... think you answered your own question. Most of them were for attacking/insulting a particular mod, so in other words the minority is for other members on this forum. Why would myself and others attack this particular mod? I assume you'll say we're all wrong and just choose to attack him for no reason?

NeedVtec
15-01-2012, 03:54 AM
This issue has escalated far beyond anyone's expectations. There was a calm after the storm, where this mod did lay low, but now it seems like he is back in full swing infracting anyone who opposes him.

ericl33
15-01-2012, 08:47 AM
people pm the moderator with no response.

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 09:41 AM
who is **** mod

NightKids
15-01-2012, 12:14 PM
who is **** mod

The mod cannot be named or else we'll get more infractions. I guess this is what ozhonda has come to...

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 12:20 PM
The mod cannot be named or else we'll get more infractions. I guess this is what ozhonda has come to...

well pm me and i will post it here

dc2r-0636
15-01-2012, 12:23 PM
TheSaint lol

NightKids
15-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Correct. All this happened at the Lounge as well which aren't even under his jurisdiction...

All messages that dared oppose him in the vent thread and lol thread has been deleted by him.

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 12:34 PM
lol thesaint who is this nub clown what does he drive ?

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 12:35 PM
respect is earnt not handed out with a mod badge ****

SuperJDM.
15-01-2012, 12:38 PM

good bye EK4-GUY

thesaintisafteryounow LOL!

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 12:55 PM
let him be after me

lets see how much respect he deserves lets play snap i'll go first

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/28685_454054069898_681354898_6033659_2501889_n.jpg

waiting for the saint to trump me

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 12:56 PM
dude im the one that started the war on claymore

bahahaha thesaint aint shit

Lukey
15-01-2012, 12:56 PM
i got infracted twice from him, in the SPAM thread of all places! i know the links i posted werent allowed but still, in the SPAM thread! is that really necessary?

NeedVtec
15-01-2012, 01:03 PM

jdm d15

i better not get a fkn infraction for this, just stating his car.

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 01:05 PM
did you say d15 wtf and this guy has the balls to be a hero on a car forum and he rocks a d15

on my ****ing god what has ozhonda become

ericl33
15-01-2012, 01:58 PM
do you want his address?

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 02:01 PM
lol Lloyd (SHOGUNOVDDARK) rents a room from me i know everything about everyone

dougie_504
15-01-2012, 02:09 PM
As Ben said, Wyn is very busy iRL at the moment. Feel free to PM me with your concerns, however two mods have already looked through your infractions and decided they're justified. Still, I am happy to have another look through it and give you a 4th opinion.

dougie_504
15-01-2012, 02:10 PM
i got infracted twice from him, in the SPAM thread of all places! i know the links i posted werent allowed but still, in the SPAM thread! is that really necessary?

The SPAM thread still has rules and you just stated yourself that you broke them, so nothing more to discuss there surely?

dougie_504
15-01-2012, 02:12 PM
do you want his address?

Don't even think about it. Just stop and consider whether you really want to take this from an Internet forum to real life. Would be a low and pathetic thing to do. If you have ongoing problems with any member of the admin team you are always welcome to discuss them with me in PM. Just don't do anything silly that you may regret later please.

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 02:12 PM
The SPAM thread still has rules and you just stated yourself that you broke them, so nothing more to discuss there surely?

:thumbsup:

SHOGUNOVDDRK
15-01-2012, 02:19 PM
May I enquire as to how long u mad? Is banned for and which post?

Just curious.

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 02:20 PM
WTF Jarrod is banned oh it's all on now ****

NeedVtec
15-01-2012, 02:21 PM
it was in the lol pic thread if im not mistaken. I THINK it was because he posted a pic of his infractions from a particular mod. As for length, not entirely sure.

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 02:22 PM
it was in the lol pic thread if im not mistaken. I THINK it was because he posted a pic of his infractions from a particular mod. As for length, not entirely sure.

wow thats bullshit seriously

GSi_PSi
15-01-2012, 02:23 PM
What is the criterior of being a mod ?. Don't usually mods , moderate one part of the forum not lurking around everywhere trying to find any statement,vent to dick someone ?.
I think the problem is in the mentality of a mod, this isn't a dictatorship , people will and won't like you , dicking people for petty sheit is only going to make the situation worse . I also don't know also how a grown person can allow themselves to be upset at mentioning a engine type ?.

You can't ban everyone , there is too many , you need more people

NeedVtec
15-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Bludger (Bau) was also banned :(

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Technical
(11 Viewing)
Non-model specific talk on engines, brakes, ECU's and tuning. If your question is specific to a particular model then post it in the Model Specific section. Else it will be moved there.

View this forum's RSS feed
Subscribe to This Forum

Threads: 5,510

What car do you have, and...

by
TheSaint

Today, 01:27 PM

i see you there boy talk to me little one

anzai
15-01-2012, 02:33 PM
ozhonda is........

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/31/2086.serious-business.jpg

ericl33
15-01-2012, 02:40 PM
ozhonda is........

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/31/2086.serious-business.jpg
this is a post worth an infraction going under thesaint's set of rules./

ericl33
15-01-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?159570-Couple-of-curious-Questions&p=3207152&viewfull=1#post3207152

got a warning for this?

lmzoooo, srs?

ericl33
15-01-2012, 02:45 PM
The answer is so simple.

get rid of thesaint and the masses will behave and all is back to normal.

it'll never end until this is done.

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 02:50 PM
i'm interested to see what the site is worth these days as from a user point of view it has slipped in the last 12 months

i remember years ago someone posted the sites value and admin quickly took it down but not before it was seen by the masses

dougie_504
15-01-2012, 02:54 PM
The answer is so simple.

get rid of thesaint and the masses will behave and all is back to normal.

it'll never end until this is done.

Alternatively if the masses behave then there would be no need for moderators!

Lukey
15-01-2012, 02:55 PM

i thought mods had there own 'jurisdictions' so to speak, and the lounge isnt one of his?

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 02:57 PM
i thought mods had there own 'jurisdictions' so to speak, and the lounge isnt one of his?

yeah but thats just silly luke at work you have your cars to work on but if you see another car pissing oil onto the floor are you going to stick a drain under it

ericl33
15-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Alternatively if the masses behave then there would be no need for moderators!

It is the nature of things in this world to go up and down.

the key is a balance.

there will be no balance until thesaint is gone.

he is too hotheaded and takes things personal. To the extent of baiting people, then infractions handed out.

Nismo3oi
15-01-2012, 02:58 PM
i'm interested to see what the site is worth these days as from a user point of view it has slipped in the last 12 months

i remember years ago someone posted the sites value and admin quickly took it down but not before it was seen by the masses

this might not be accurate but it says 15K here: http://www.webworth.info/site.php?url=www.ozhonda.com&submit=Submit

ek4-guy
15-01-2012, 02:59 PM
this might not be accurate but it says 15K here: http://www.webworth.info/site.php?url=www.ozhonda.com&submit=Submit

lol when it was put up before it was around 80k

ericl33
15-01-2012, 03:00 PM

infraction for offtopic....

sorry, just trying to be a saint, bcos i admire him.

natsrs

bennjamin
15-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Guys

Please pm me or another mod with your username IF you feel you have been unfairly infracted. This applies now and always.
I will go thru and check what's legit , over the top and or what's not necessary. From what I've seen though its all to members bickering and asking for retaliation.

I'm disappointed on how many here have resorted to bickering and dissing moderators - don't do it or I will infract your ass too.

ericl33
15-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Guys

Please pm me or another mod with your username IF you feel you have been unfairly infracted. This applies now and always.
I will go thru and check what's legit , over the top and or what's not necessary. From what I've seen though its all to members bickering and asking for retaliation.

I'm disappointed on how many here have resorted to bickering and dissing moderators - don't do it or I will infract your ass too.

OK then Benn, lets start with this one first off......

Nothing to hide here and would like it out in the open.

is this post:- http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?159570-Couple-of-curious-Questions&p=3207152&viewfull=1#post3207152

worth an infraction/warning?

Sure it contains sarcasm and other things.... but really? A warning/Infraction is warranted?

I PM'ed thesaint asking for the reason......

this is the official reason:-
Reason:
-------
Inappropriate / Offensive material

dont troll noobs - first warning

I thought asking how much things cost wasn't allowed. There was a thread stating this a while back.

I believe the reason for the bickering is because our voices have not been heard.....
It seems as though this is the only way we're getting any attention.

ericl33
15-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Ohh, that same post.....

3 different people gave positive rep for being helpful.

Thesaint thought it wasn't and deserved a warning/infraction.

dougie_504
15-01-2012, 07:09 PM

is this post:- http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?159570-Couple-of-curious-Questions&p=3207152&viewfull=1#post3207152

Sure it contains sarcasm and other things.... but really? A warning/Infraction is warranted?

Reason:
-------

I thought asking how much things cost wasn't allowed. There was a thread stating this a while back.

I believe the reason for the bickering is because our voices have not been heard.....

Ben just asked you to resort to PM and I have already invited you to PM me also (though I'm on Tapatalk and not likely to be at a computer/able to help until Tuesday). Posting here is not the answer. Wyn is busy so PM another mod otherwise posting here and trying to get public division on the topic will not help. It's not about getting attention - mods also have lives to live but we will attend these issues (by PM) when possible.

dougie_504
15-01-2012, 07:13 PM

The designated areas only means that we can moderate those sections IE moving threads, editing posts, deleting things etc.

Any moderator can hand out a warning or infraction for any post.

So for me personally I can only edit the Noob and Civic (pre-2000) sections but I can still monitor other areas and bring attention to other mods if I think something needs to be changed. However I can still hand out infractions elsewhere, which I try to avoid.

Make a bit more sense now mate?

bennjamin
15-01-2012, 07:24 PM

Reason:
-------

Just had alook , you received a warning for that which is OK , your tongue in cheek reply while helpful still is seen as a smarty reply. I see that the kid asking was clearly a noob but let's try and avoid using a troll tone :0)

ericl33
15-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Just had alook , you received a warning for that which is OK , your tongue in cheek reply while helpful still is seen as a smarty reply. I see that the kid asking was clearly a noob but let's try and avoid using a troll tone :0)

A warning was given because I have never had an infraction right?
If I had prior infractions, there would be no warning and an instant infraction.

Fair enough if it warrants a warning. You guys better get busy then. There are plenty more posts that are much worse than mine out there.

trism
15-01-2012, 07:55 PM
its still overboard.

Even I have been infracted by said moderator for a stupid reason.

I know we dont choose the mods, but when people dont like a "leader", you dont keep them there, do you?

ericl33
15-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Ozhonda will just keep getting worse, users will never stop complaining & the forum will turn to absolute shit.

Unless thesaint is removed as moderator.

I would suggest a poll. But I know that will not be allowed.

Most of the forum members know what is going on here and most will agree that thesaint is abusing moderator status.

aaronng
15-01-2012, 10:20 PM

If you post content that is not allowed, you will be infracted, even in the spam thread. The only thing special about the spam thread is that you won't be infracted for posting spam. You will still get infracted for posting inappropriate content, personal attacks and for sale advertisements in there.

aaronng
15-01-2012, 10:22 PM
its still overboard.

Even I have been infracted by said moderator for a stupid reason.

I know we dont choose the mods, but when people dont like a "leader", you dont keep them there, do you?
Your post that you were infracted for had the F-word and you had circumvented the swear filter. So it is not a stupid reason. Other members have been infracted for circumventing the swear filter by other mods. You were not infracted for a stupid reason.

aaronng
15-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Ozhonda will just keep getting worse, users will never stop complaining & the forum will turn to absolute shit.

Unless thesaint is removed as moderator.

I would suggest a poll. But I know that will not be allowed.

Most of the forum members know what is going on here and most will agree that thesaint is abusing moderator status.

How is it getting worse? You only joined since Dec 2011. Or did you really join on Jan 2005... I know who you are. :p

aaronng
15-01-2012, 10:27 PM

No, a mod is not limited to just one section.

ericl33
15-01-2012, 10:45 PM
How is it getting worse? You only joined since Dec 2011. Or did you really join on Jan 2005... I know who you are. :p

The level of change is measurable within the last months activities.

lilthug
15-01-2012, 10:49 PM
pm sent

NightKids
16-01-2012, 12:03 AM
PM sent also to dougie.

It's obvious that this particular mod has caused an uproar in the ozhonda community. I think it's ironic that ozhonda tries to promote fairness yet all the mods are making excuses after excuses for this guy. The question is are you guys actually gonna so anything about this or you're just gonna blindly stick up for this power abuser ?

vyets
16-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Seems everyone has a problem with him ROFL, a poll would be funny. He told me to send him a pm and I did but never got a reply :(

mocchi
16-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Seems everyone has a problem with him ROFL, a poll would be funny. He told me to send him a pm and I did but never got a reply :(

i sent him a pm but didnt get a reply too.
i dont think anyone got a reply.

mocchi
16-01-2012, 01:02 PM
wyn retracted one of my infraction by thesaint.
thesaint infracted me for something that wyn thought inappropriate which was spamming in spam thread.

there were supposed to be more infractions that need to be looked over by wyn but since he's busy i'll just forget about it, dont wanna push it too much nomsayin.

ill just leave it to karma to settle things.

mocchi
16-01-2012, 01:12 PM
oh and i remember that a member told me how thesaint had approval of all mods before handing in infractions. this doesnt seem to be true because if this is true, all mods would've known what was happening and wyn wouldnt be retracting infractions.

bennjamin
16-01-2012, 01:51 PM
oh and i remember that a member told me how thesaint had approval of all mods before handing in infractions. this doesnt seem to be true because if this is true, all mods would've known what was happening and wyn wouldnt be retracting infractions.

Both Wynode and myself have the ability to remove infractions. I have received one pm asking for an infraction to be looked into , but no more. As I have asked , and should be known - pm myself if you have a issue with a moderator or actions or queries in general.

NightKids
16-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I have PM'd Dougie already but will PM you as well.

I got like 4 infractions without even a chance to respond. Next thing you know I was banned. Please look at the infraction times...

wynode
16-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Sorry for any lack of response on my part guys. Just had the first addition to the family and have been flat out. Will catchup on the PMs. As ben said we have looked into complaints (genuine ones only) and acted on them.

lilthug
16-01-2012, 09:22 PM
congrats wyn

life > ozhonda

dc2r-0636
16-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I PM'd Benjamin and was happy with the way he dealt my situation, but surely something can be done to TheSaint. How many infractions have already been reversed ? The infractions should be reversed to the mod who gave them out!

NightKids
17-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Hopefully I get a good outcome too. I totally agree with you, something has to be done about TheSaint.

bennjamin
17-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Guys I will have alook when I get on a computer later - but please can you all
Stop dissing a moderator or moderators. That in itself is poor form. We do heaps for you lot :0)

mocchi
17-01-2012, 12:44 PM
i mesged ben, wyn and dougie when i got infracted. all them of replied me back with genuine help except thesaint.
he didnt reply to my pm.

i have pmed ben again and he recalled 2 infractions that were deemed unwarranted.
i have followed the guidelines stated in this post (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?158069-Moderators-abusing-powers-spam-thread-rights-and-wrongs&p=3166335&viewfull=1#post3166335) and those procedures are active and operational. it works if you follow it through.

thanks ozhonda.

VT3C
17-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Wow this sends me back to MY days of Ozhonda Battles LOL..

Wyn and Ben ALWAYS get around to your PM's eventually - believe it or not as they are car nuts and have jobs etc they dont sit in front of their PC and inbox waiting for new messages to come in - they will respond ASAP and I must say their moderation has been excellent - and I needed the kick in the ass when i was banned a couple of times :)

I was kinda surprised when The Saint was made into a moderator as from my dealings he's a nice kid and very passionate however a little green to the world of hondas and cars in general. We were all noobs at some stage and it must be taken into consideration the enthusiasm and willingness to contribute one's time and resources to a 'job' like being a moderator is to be admired. Having been a moderator of a Honda forum for almost 10 years, you can never please everyone.. the best you can do is to try to please most of the people most of the time.

I think there is a need for diversity in the appointment of moderators so noobs and young guys should be represented but I just feel a little uncomfortable when these people dish out technical advice etc when based on limited EXPERIENCE and Knowledge so I can understand why so many of the Ozhonda members are upset with the infractions being dished out.

I can also sympathise with TheSaint getting frustrated as more and more keyboard cowboys come online every day - but this is the nature of the world so learn to deal with it... and I am not calling you members specifically cowboys, I am talking about the internet in general.

I am certain Ben and Wyn are mentoring TheSaint with his moderation and he hasnt just been given free reigns to do what he likes.

dougie_504
17-01-2012, 05:14 PM
^

I agree with much of what you say here.

Just one thing - the point of a moderator is not to be experienced and give the best advice. It's about maintaining the forum from an organisation/behavioural perspective, thus they should be recruited on proven morals and not technical experience.

Some of the most technically gifted members can be very rude, sarcastic and condescending. On the other hand there are less experienced people who would bend over backwards to help the next noob.

I knew TheSaint long before he and I were asked to help OH by acting as moderators. He helps as much as he can and has always been very decent. There are many 'more experienced' members who could take a leaf out of his book if they were able to look at these issues objectively instead of subjectively.

wynode
17-01-2012, 08:21 PM
^Above posts sum it up quite well. It's a learning process and we're all learning. We all make mistakes but learning from it is what you should do. I'm catching up on my PMs so will action/reply to them if an infraction reversal is deemed appropriate. Thread closed for now.