PDA

View Full Version : CD5 Accord Brakes

viperx
24-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Hi all

Just wondering whether someone with a CD5 accord could do a test run for me? I just want a comparison. My brakes seem to be doing a thing where they provide a very soft braking power at first, then i have to press down a bit before they really firm up. It seems to be quite nonlinear. I just had my brake fluid flushed, no air (it doesnt feel like air anyway), there is no leak either. the brake pedal is not particularly firm or soft. is this normal? ive just never really noticed it before.

It still brings my car back to standstill in appropriate times, it just seems a bit odd they seem to be so... exponential.

Any ideas?

fongyfong
24-02-2005, 01:37 AM
yeah thats exactly like wat my car does too, not all the time, but at times it does, where i brake and it feels really soft real spongy feeling, then i have to push down the brakes really far down dunno wat it is havnt been bothered to check it out though

h22a accord
24-02-2005, 12:47 PM
mine on reallt hot days in traffic the pedal will be very spongy ( even with out giving htem a hard time ), then i lift the pedal and push again and its fine.

i havnt had the fluid changed since i got the car over 2 years ago but on any normal day the brakes are fine and they pull up as good as they can.

i agree accords have excelent brakes but i need an upgrade, they heat up after 1 big hard stop from high speeds.