PDA

View Full Version : Civic Immobilizer

Dimmerz
18-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Okay, so I just got off the phone with Honda parts, I was asking about the key system as I only have one key and the little coded chip inside keeps falling out and I would like to have a spare key anyway.
Turns out I don't have the 'red' key and they will have to re-install a brand new immobilizer system which was out of the question for me.
Does anyone here know anyone that can code another key up for me for this system or is it just better to rip it all out and go for an aftermarket system?

sebtoombs
18-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I know that even the local key cutting place down here can do it. My sister wanted one for her EK, so she went in and asked. They wanted a ridiculous amount of money though, I think it was in the range of $100. Try any of your local locksmiths/key cutters.

Dimmerz
18-01-2012, 08:51 PM
The key isn't the problem, it's the little chip that I want, are they able to clone that aswell?

JPR28610
18-01-2012, 11:30 PM
what chip? are you taking about the chip inside the key?

if you are, like sebtoombs said, then yeah some local locksmiths can copy the key for you.

better get it done now and have a spare key because if you dont and lose your keys, it could cost you 300+ for a mobile locksmith or else tow your car to honda lol

ECU-MAN
19-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I can code new keys with out the Red key, I can also code in a new replacement red key if you have lost your key.

PM me if you need this done.

sebtoombs
21-01-2012, 06:26 PM
The key isn't the problem, it's the little chip that I want, are they able to clone that aswell?

Yes, that was what I was told.

zhong
24-01-2012, 01:57 PM
As long as you the little chip, most automotive locksmiths should be able to "clone" the code onto a new key with the chip securely inside it's key. They don't like you bringing your own key though, so save your money from buying it form ebay and just pay them. Costed me $60/key (copy and cut).

Peace.

IV73CI
24-01-2012, 02:17 PM
PM ECU-MAN - hes the guru to electronic hacks.. :p