PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any experience with this slim fan?

infurNOS
19-01-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.slimfan.com/12_Radiator_cooling_Slim_Fan_p/12fan.htm

Looking to grab it so my RMF headers will clear on my DC2R. Not wanting to cut my stock fan as i may re use on another vehicle and or sell it. The fact it comes with an OEM style plug is appealling also.

Any reviews on this fan, if not can someone suggest a reputable brand fan?

Thanks

TheSaint
19-01-2012, 02:08 PM
i just got one from china via ebay for our Gen1 Turbo Pajero's intercooler - 9" - looks exactly the same as that and roughly the same price

thickness was a little more than i expected - just under 2" - but when u switch it on it moves a hell of a lot of air - would put a stock EG fan to shame and its only 9"

bennjamin
19-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Just make sure it sits flush on the radiator with no gaps !

infurNOS
19-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Just make sure it sits flush on the radiator with no gaps !

It comes with zip tie mounting clips so i guess i would have to make it sit flush

infurNOS
19-01-2012, 03:36 PM
i just got one from china via ebay for our Gen1 Turbo Pajero's intercooler - 9" - looks exactly the same as that and roughly the same price

thickness was a little more than i expected - just under 2" - but when u switch it on it moves a hell of a lot of air - would put a stock EG fan to shame and its only 9"

Does it have OEM style plug? I have heard oof the cheap ebay fans causing overheating problems, so i am a bit iffy. Any idea what CFM yours is?

TheSaint
19-01-2012, 08:09 PM
the original 2" fan on the turbo diesel intercooler hasnt worked for years - so im sure this one is going to be better than nothing lol

the one we got has no plug - only 2 spade terminals - it looks almost identical to the one in the link you shared

we tested it in the vice in the shed before installing with a spare car battery and it almost blew my hat off ... lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/9-12V-Slim-Radiator-Cooling-Thermo-Fan-Mounting-kit-/260872459510?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cbd35d4f6

thats it there ^^^

9" 12V 80W 65mm 750CFM 250x250x65