PDA

View Full Version : Tegiwa mugen replica carbon airbox (FN2R)

ogen
19-01-2012, 08:46 PM
hi guys, does anyone have one? thoughts and reviews?
its mainly for FN2R but if someone has a tegiwa intake for any other model then thats fine.

im tossing between mugen and gruppe m, but they both just seem really dear to me

if tegiwa isnt any good then ill just save up for either one of them, the price difference is around 30bucks anyway, but if tegiwa is good, i might just try that out instead.

i know this topic has been posted numerous times, but i still cant tell for sure which would be a better intake between mugen and gruppe m
can anyone shed anymore light? like what should i consider when buying intakes and stuff

many thanks!!

stienerv2
19-01-2012, 10:17 PM
The tegiwa intake for the ep3 looks like a copy of the gruppe m. I was looking at one but the link for the company's website was shutdown at the time. Make sure you research about these because there was some cases where the intake scoop meets the scuttle plate melt away.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?76851-Tegiwa-kit-for-EP3-is-amazing-(Gruppe-M-is-better)/page10

ogen
19-01-2012, 11:37 PM
thanks for the reply man.

okay i read all 14 pages and it seems only the one guy had a burning problem, maybe he just got unlucky? the rest who bought before or after him werent complaining :/

need to research more haha, but thank you very much for the link! good read

ogen
19-01-2012, 11:42 PM
anybody else care to share some info? thank youuu!!

frambo
11-03-2012, 11:48 PM
The G-M has a better sound IMO, im using a mugen one ATM, doesn't quite have that howl so if thats what ur after( distinct noise) then the M, nonetheless the mugen still sounds great but it won't be that epic crossover which you may be after.
Gl with the buy

WATAJK
25-03-2012, 01:43 AM
thanks for the reply man.

okay i read all 14 pages and it seems only the one guy had a burning problem, maybe he just got unlucky? the rest who bought before or after him werent complaining :/

need to research more haha, but thank you very much for the link! good read

Please just do the smart and right thing, buy the genuine product.
Hassle free and your getting something that is genuine which if you do decide to re-sell you will sell at a half decent price.