PDA

View Full Version : Request Advises on Inspected-Write off stated on VICchecks/REVS check

nastrox
20-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Hi mates,

Being a first time/newbie buyer in NSW, I just did a VICs/REVs check on this honda coupe em1 and found out about Inspected-Writeoff. Got a full vehicle information package and found out that its been reported of two impact damage on Driver/Passenger Rear with light structural damage. I was wondering if its still worth buying the car? will there be any issues/etcs? Any mates can give me some advises on this?

bennjamin
20-01-2012, 05:57 AM
I didn't think a write off can be re-registered anymore......check with RTA

I'd avoid anyway with such damage.

nastrox
20-01-2012, 06:08 AM
Hi, i have just checked with the vehicle information package i bought. It stated that the write-off reported as repairable?-Yes - inspected and may be eligible for registration. And according to NSW-RTA : If the vehicle is recorded as a repairable written-off vehicle on an interstate Written-Off Vehicle Register after 31 January 2011, it must be repaired and registered in another State or Territory before applying for registration in NSW.?
However, my concern is such damage consider serious?

androo
20-01-2012, 06:57 AM
The 3 main things you should consider here:

1. Price - Has it been priced accordingly?

2. Repair - Has the car been repaired properly? Is it straight? If it has been repaired properly, then it would be completely fine to buy and drive.

3. Resale - Once you are ready to move on and try to sell the car, you will find that an issue like this usually rings bells to all potential buyers. It is also a major bargaining tool for people.

To reiterate, only buy it if it has been repaired properly, and has been priced accordingly. Keep in mind though that a repairable write-off status is given to a car only when the insurance company deems the repairs is not worth the value of the car. This greatly hinders the chances of one of these cars being repaired correctly.

Good luck though. TBH I would go and find a nice, clean example instead.

nastrox
20-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Guess forfeiting the deposit will be my only option as i will want to have a trouble-free car. Thanks for all your nice advises :) cheers for this awesome forum.

Vicks
20-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Inspected write-offs should be able to registered as it would've gone through repairs to meet factory standards. If it's passed and recorded as an inspected write off it's not required again.

Balance out the costs, because if it's too good to be true - then it probably is.

nastrox
20-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Alright guys..i have officially forfeited the deposit and the deal didn't end nicely. Here is some tips for those who are looking for honda civic em1 through gumtree *hint*vic*hint*. Beware as the price will be too attractive to be true. In addition, i have purchase that vehicle information package. I am willing to provide this information for free just PM me and u get it (Save you 25bucks). Cheers~ Really appreciated for all the advices here.