PDA

View Full Version : Advice

EuroAccord13
19-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Hey Guys;

I just got a phone call from the dealer telling me they can't bring in the Black Euro I ordered..EDIT: Bring in on time by Mid Febuary, not the colour being taken off the lineup.. sorry

The thing is I've signed the contract and paid a DP with the rest on delivery.. in the contract, it states, Black Euro Accord Manual delivered by Mid Febuary..

Can I pull out of the contract if I find another black one or can I ask for some options on the car?

Help will be greatly aprreciated..

CHEERS :)

eknine
19-12-2003, 05:11 PM
ask for nighthawk black instead:)

AP1 F20c
19-12-2003, 05:38 PM
That's plain bullshit, if Honda Australia has the color available - Nighthawk Black Pearl ... In this case, you can buy it from any dealership. If you've already signed the contract and it clearly states the color/specifications/accessories/price/conditions etc, they must meet the obligations, much like you need to meet their obligation, finance, insurance, other applicables etc.

I cannot see a reason why you cannot get NB, it's part of Honda's standard color range for almost every model in their line-up. If the dealership you're buying the car from cannot offer you the color, they need to give an explanation why. If they want to break the contract (Which is very very rare based on no colors option), they will need to refund you the full amount of your deposit. They cannot force you to take another color/model/variant if you do not want to, since it truly does not correspond with the MTA contract you've signed binding the dealership and you to deliver the car in the exact specifications/description listed as long as you pay and meet their contractual obligations.

If you still cannot get a reasonable resolution with that dealer either; (1) Refund you the full amount of your deposit and break the contract with no further obligations. Or (2) Give you a tentative ETA on when you can get your NB 6MT delivered. If none of the obligations are met by the dealer, I suggest you ring Honda customer care relations on Monday morning to get this addressed. Honda Australia will not take this lightly because this will jeopardizing an outright sale and most certainly Honda Australia will provide you alternatives (Either get a NB from another dealership anywhere in the country * Subject to availability * or sort this out for you with the dealer). This has got to be the most hideous thing I've heard from buying new Hondas for the past 5 years in only black from an assorted range of models/line-ups available.

Slugoid
19-12-2003, 05:41 PM
It's not that they can't get u the nighthawk black Accord Euro, it's because they are too fricken lazy to ring up other dealerships.

We ordered a black Accord Euro end of October, and they said they dunno if they could get us one by end of November. They told us to wait and they would ring up and see if they could find a black one. Ten minutes later, they said everything is ok and we signed the contract and paid our deposit. We got ours by end of November, exactly the way we wanted it + the accessories we ordered.

eknine
19-12-2003, 05:44 PM
aye..my bad:)

EuroAccord13
19-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the advice guys..

I think I might have misinterperated it a little.. I meant to say they can't have the Black Euro in on time by Mid Febuary... typo error in my fault..

Sorry...

A'PEXi
20-12-2003, 12:14 AM
lol made AP1 type all of that for nothing ;)....

sounds good tho, yet to see a modified one around

AP1 F20c
22-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Well EuroAccord13, you can still opt to break the contract should you deem that unsatisfactory. They can comply with reason. But I suggest you wait on-time for your NB Accord. It's a hard color to find and well worth the wait.

EuroAccord13
22-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Well EuroAccord13, you can still opt to break the contract should you deem that unsatisfactory. They can comply with reason. But I suggest you wait on-time for your NB Accord. It's a hard color to find and well worth the wait.

Hi AP1F20C, the thing was when I decided what I was gonna buy at that time, I didn't see any black Euros around, then on the day I signed the contract, I saw 3 black Euros in the city :? :( all different plates and then last week, I saw another one near my place... geeez, seems like Black is getting pretty common.. I might opt for Blue though, but Blue and Grey seems to be common too.... BUmmer....

euro77
23-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the problem is the supply of the actual car, not the colour. I ordered my euro in Aug, and only got it in the last week of Nov. And it's the grey colour, not black (since I hate the ivory interior).

It is to my knowledge that Honda Australia is only limited to sell around a couple hundreds of euros per month for the whole Australia. I can't remember the figure but I read it in a car magazine somewhere (either Wheels or Motors).

So when you ordered your car, it is most likely you are put in a queue.
That's why you don't see many euros around when you ordered your euro, but each month, you will see more and more euros around because new shipments have arrived and people bought it before you started getting the cars.

AP1 F20c
23-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Hi AP1F20C, the thing was when I decided what I was gonna buy at that time, I didn't see any black Euros around, then on the day I signed the contract, I saw 3 black Euros in the city :? :( all different plates and then last week, I saw another one near my place... geeez, seems like Black is getting pretty common.. I might opt for Blue though, but Blue and Grey seems to be common too.... BUmmer....

Every state varies on what colors are more "common" than the others, a simple owners' choice. 8) Here in Sydney, I see more silver than any other colored Euro and they're not a very common sight either. IMO, choose the color/combination you like best and go from there. If you don't like the commodity and want to be unique, I'm sure you know what to do.

AP1 F20c
23-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the problem is the supply of the actual car, not the colour.

Spot on, the demand is high but there are limited numbers coming in from Japan. Thus the "batch" determines when the next "lot" of cars/owners will be allocated to those new purchases. It's not uncommon to have a long wait time for a Honda in general. Minus the very popular and over-influx CRV though.

It is to my knowledge that Honda Australia is only limited to sell around a couple hundreds of euros per month for the whole Australia.

No, this is not a SEVs classified vehicle (Only SEVs classified vehicles have a limited selling/release number). This is classed for general imports and mainstream distribution. The problem is the production/supply chain from Japan causing the bottleneck in long wait times. Not government redtape.

euro77
23-12-2003, 10:50 AM
No, this is not a SEVs classified vehicle (Only SEVs classified vehicles have a limited selling/release number). This is classed for general imports and mainstream distribution. The problem is the production/supply chain from Japan causing the bottleneck in long wait times. Not government redtape.

I'm not referring to government red tape, but actually Honda Australia (or maybe Honda HQ) is the one that decided not to sell more than a couple hundreds of euro per month for Australia. Sorry if I mislead anyone by my wordings :oops:

AP1 F20c
23-12-2003, 11:24 AM
That's not true either, in NSW alone, the last batch numbers from (Honda Net) received (Mid-Nov/Early Dec) on Euro Accords is closed to 300 for all dealerships statewide - 1 dealership took a stock of 150 alone, all were pre-ordered/delivered cars with eager owners waiting for them. No or minimal discount was offered on new Euro Accords even till date because they're all sold out and anyone who wants them will have to wait for the next batch, thus the dates stated above indicating clearly how much demand there is on this vehicle - (Mid-Jan/Early Feb).

I do not see why Honda Australia would make a decision not to make clear profits on a high-demand model that everyone clearly wants, it's simply a supply/demand problem. As you've said for yourself, you waited since August to get your car only in November. All the rest of the owners follow the same path, why would Honda want to piss off outright customers by putting them on a long wait time for no longer than they need to on their purchase? I clearly see this as business suicide and no, Honda nor any business will choose to do something like that.

euro77
23-12-2003, 11:34 AM
My guess is because they want to sell the V6 US version as well, but I could be totally wrong.

I'll look up the article again if I could cause I think I read it right, so now I'm very curious :D

AP1 F20c
23-12-2003, 11:43 AM
The V6 variant may be designed in the States but it's manufactured and assembled in Thailand to be exact, completely unlike the Euro.

euro77
23-12-2003, 12:11 PM
True to that.

I wonder if the build quality is as good as the Euro.

poid
23-12-2003, 04:31 PM
apparently the quality of it is pretty damn good

Slugoid
23-12-2003, 07:13 PM
I've been in an Accord V6, but haven't driven one. The center console, dash and trim are similar to the Accord Euro, but u notice something different. It's feels like it's not as well built and the side door has some ugly stichings. Steering wheel is not as nice (imo) as the Accord Euro, but I could be bias here.