PDA

View Full Version : 92' CBR 250RR helppp !!

vtec23Q
21-01-2012, 10:41 PM
so i bought my first bike, a CBR 250RR about 3 days ago and today as i was riding it, the throttle responce started to decrease, it wouldnt reach higer than about 5K revs on any gear and was showing signs of stalling any second so i rode it back home and just as i got to my driveway it turned off completely. i checked the petrol there was close to 1 litre so i filled it up and it still wouldnt turn on, it cranks over but not turning on. tried clutch starting it down my street still didnt work. what could be the problem? cheers in advance :)

androo
21-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Sounds like the carbs need to be retuned. Take it to a mechanic.

void-
23-01-2012, 12:12 PM
did you check your battery? if you have a mate or any bike near your area, ask em to try theirs, swap it over and if it cranks n starts then its your distributor. It's not charging your battery.

dc2r-0636
23-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Dont know much about bikes, but it sounds like symptoms of faulty spark plugs (hopefully) if u replace them and problem is still there look into dizzy

vtec23Q
23-01-2012, 02:24 PM
thanks for the help guys i retuned the cars, got the bike going again but it turns off on every traffic light so i bought the plugs and will be changing them soon :)

vtec23Q
23-01-2012, 02:24 PM
carbs**

JPR28610
23-01-2012, 03:50 PM
ive had this problem twice. on my old bike it was because i had a leak on one of the four short fat hoses that connect the carby to the engine. also backfired so i replaced the leaking hose, cleaned the whole carby and balanced all four carbys. ran great.

on my current bike it has a problem with similar symptoms without the backfiring. but its because i havent started the bike for over a year. i have to jump it and it still runs dead. too lasy to diagnose it but could be battery or dizzy like others have said. plus have to flush out the oil and old petty before i try anything.

also could be the regulator, alternator, short somewhere in the electrics (happened to my bro and he couldnt go over 3800rpm without stalling). check the fuses, earth etc. dont forget to check the main fuse next to the battery.

what does the bike idle at, over heating? happening when cold?

these bikes always have problems.. especially the carby but goes hard for a 250

btw if you just sprayed carby cleaner straight into your carby, change your sparkies. it wouldve fouled it up

and if your still stuck, go on cbr250rr forums... or to a mechanic lol

hope that helps

vtec23Q
24-01-2012, 10:19 AM
ive had this problem twice. on my old bike it was because i had a leak on one of the four short fat hoses that connect the carby to the engine. also backfired so i replaced the leaking hose, cleaned the whole carby and balanced all four carbys. ran great.

on my current bike it has a problem with similar symptoms without the backfiring. but its because i havent started the bike for over a year. i have to jump it and it still runs dead. too lasy to diagnose it but could be battery or dizzy like others have said. plus have to flush out the oil and old petty before i try anything.

also could be the regulator, alternator, short somewhere in the electrics (happened to my bro and he couldnt go over 3800rpm without stalling). check the fuses, earth etc. dont forget to check the main fuse next to the battery.

what does the bike idle at, over heating? happening when cold?

these bikes always have problems.. especially the carby but goes hard for a 250

btw if you just sprayed carby cleaner straight into your carby, change your sparkies. it wouldve fouled it up

and if your still stuck, go on cbr250rr forums... or to a mechanic lol

hope that helps

hey thanks for the information i changed the spark plugs, drained the oil put new one but it was still doing the same thing couldnt keep itself on so i showed my mechanic and he diagnosed it and found that the throttle wire was screwed out (that round knob to adjust the throttle) and thats why there was bad idle and he fixed that problem and its true these bikes always have some problem maybe because there a bit old but anyway thank you very much appreciate the help :)

night_wolf
05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
have you checked your CDI unit and rectifier (AKA regulator)? sounds to me like an issue with the one of the two mentioned units.... im not really sure where the rectifier would be located on a cibby 250 so your gonna have to get someone to help you find it.

When one of the two units fail, the other follows shortly and one of the common signs is what your experiencing. so might has well give it a shot.