PDA

View Full Version : Muffler to replace cannon.

BennyH
21-01-2012, 11:30 PM
So currently driving an EM1. Have a simota whale dick intake and 2.25inch custom catback followed by an xforce cannon i purchased off a member here. At first sounded not bad but now its just irritating. Too loud when just cruising.

Question is, what good mufflers are out there that can replace the cannon and sounds good. Not too loud and not too soft. Something besides a twinloop.

YeahByuddy
21-01-2012, 11:58 PM
it started to sound worse due to the cheapo filling inside burning away. i suggest you try magnaflow and one with a substantial body to it even though its straight through will sound smooth and not annoying

white_ep3_civic
21-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Any exhaust shop will be able to fit one for you. Just call around and get quotes for a replacement muffler.

mugen_ctr
22-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Xforce is ok, but when talking about cannons, nothing beats a jasma plated exhaust... its all about quality...

Ur best bet is to find a really good muffler like Greddy SP2 or Apexi ws2 or something similar to it, anything that has a oval muffler is bound to be quieter and have a nice deep rumble to it...

TheSaint
22-01-2012, 02:23 AM
yeah i have a Xforce S12 twinloop - sounded good when i got it but now its starting to really drone (still not as loud as a canon tho lol)
cant complain tho - got it for $40

im thinking of replacing it with a magnaflow oval barrel or an ebay twinloop