PDA

View Full Version : What to do first with Vi?

ViHatcher
24-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi Guys,
Not sure whether anyone asked this question before...
I am thinking of add on body kit to my Vi. Should I look at suspension kit first prior add on the kit so that the front lip won't hit from ground when get out of the drive way?

Performance is not on my first priority list. I am more looked at how to enhance handling of car. I knew there is sport suspension kit available from Honda Japan. Anyone know whether these sport suspension available here for sales? I think the brand could be 'Blackie' but I could not search any further info from the web.

civiceg9
24-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Should fit the kit first and see how much ground clearance u still have.
Then work out your suspension setting.

bubblecivic
24-02-2005, 11:14 PM
get some 18inch rims man!!

what colour is your vi?

ViHatcher
25-02-2005, 09:29 PM
get some 18inch rims man!!

what colour is your vi?

Dude,

18inch????? I don't think it fit. 17inch would be what I go for max....Or else, maybe I try 20inch with no tyres and run on railway? :D

My Vi is black

ViHatcher
25-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Should fit the kit first and see how much ground clearance u still have.
Then work out your suspension setting.

Thanks. The front bumper already added three marks under it..I am not sure where and when. :( That's why I wonder I should have suspension first prior add on kit. The look of it with body kit is nice to start...

Just wonder anyone here driving Vi with OEM bodykit on without problem going over kerbs.

CIvIc_HatCH
26-02-2005, 10:59 AM
sell it buy a vtir

7th Gen
26-02-2005, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=ViHatcher]Thanks. The front bumper already added three marks under it..I am not sure where and when. :( QUOTE]

maybe you just bottomed out over something?
it happens, even on stock height, the bottom of the car would most likely be scratched, can't avoid it unfortunately

nobbs
26-02-2005, 04:51 PM
18s too big?

theres a guy on these forums that had 19s on his Vi

bubblecivic
26-02-2005, 05:53 PM
if its the black one with the white rims!?!? thats the one i'm talking about and it looks damn hot !! i might get a Vi and do the same aswell!!

ViHatcher
27-02-2005, 04:55 PM
18s too big?

theres a guy on these forums that had 19s on his Vi

wow...Wonder who got it and the feel on driving with such big wheels :confused:

ViHatcher
27-02-2005, 04:55 PM
if its the black one with the white rims!?!? thats the one i'm talking about and it looks damn hot !! i might get a Vi and do the same aswell!!

Not mine for sure...Got pic to show?

type one
27-02-2005, 05:04 PM
sell it buy a vtir

agreed hehehe get an EK4..

RedEu
28-02-2005, 02:05 PM
if good handling is what you after (since not much youcan do to the engines anyway except forced induction), you dont need to get 'blackie' from honda jp, there are other better combos that you can get. currently i have tein s-tech springs, with koni sports shocks (adjustables), & integra rear swaybar. with some adjustments on the shocks suddenly the car felt much neutral, minimal body roll & handling improved X folds...:). if you are worried about being too low, you can try eibach springs which doesnt have as much drop over the teins, tanabe, kings springs, etc....
body kit to me is essencial on this car ;), without it, it looks like a person wearing pulling their shorts up..:D

daidoidoi
02-03-2005, 11:16 PM
i know the black Vi with the whilte wheels ...
always park outside the UNSW ??

redEu ....wat do u mean that i cant do much about the engine ???
and guys ...have u seen any bodykit for the Vi 5drs?? all i see is the 3drs one from the state

|N|
02-03-2005, 11:25 PM
i know the black Vi with the whilte wheels ...
always park outside the UNSW ??

u know steven??? he s gone already mate...