PDA

View Full Version : Teg Advice

~Jaguar
27-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Hey Guys,

Been a while since I've visited OH now.

I'm looking for some advice. I've got an 88 Integra, and she's starting to reach those 'last legs' of her current existence. However I want to keep her - I love this car, and ever since I've got her I've been more passionate than about any other car about modifying and making her something special that stands out on the road.

A friend of mine has a wrecked DC2 Integra with the B18 engine, gearbox and sports exhaust that she's offering to me for a pretty damn good price, given my options.

So I'm wondering what kind of difficulties I'm likely to run into in basically pulling engine, gearbox and exhaust out of a DC2 and putting it into mine? Is it even possible to be done? Or is it going to be such a pain that it's not worth the effort?

Any advice would be great. Thanks heaps. :)
~J

hondapop
27-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Funny you should be asking this. I've got a June 2006 HONDATUNING mag sitting right in front of me, and in that issue they show a B18A1 swap into a Gen 1 teg which shouldn't be too much different dimensionally. They were able to get Hasport mounts and CV shafts for the conversion. Lost the P/S and A/C though.

Before you start this though you need to think very carefully about whether the Teg has enough spare parts availability for the bits like rear sussy, glass, body panels. This is the sort of thing where you need to have storage space for complete car/s and bits, 'cause financially any money you put into it you'll have to consider as spent and gone forever. You're going to need to talk to the guys that have modified Gen 1 CRX's and Civics from the same era (84-87) as they used the same sussy and brake setup as your Teg.

PM me your address and I'll send you this mag, I've read it enough times.