PDA

View Full Version : Honda ECU Reading

VeYzZii
28-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Hi guys. I am being asked 60 bucks from Banksia Honda to check my EPS llight that has an error code on it. Is this normal? As i remember somebody saying that checking an error light was free. When i told him 'As far as i know it is free to get a code looked at' , he said 'Goodluck finding that mate'... Which lead me here.. Any input or past experience would be very helpful. Also, the EPS light has been there for a couple of weeks, only comes on when i short the CEL light. The steering feels twictch, and as though the EPS is over working.. Thanks in advance.

THE 2BSEEN
28-01-2012, 07:29 AM
hey bru
im not sure about your model but ill try to help
all they need to do to find your problem is to plug in to the ecu or i guess the service plud (100%sure).
once they plug into it they can tell you the error.

how ever most of our ecu's can be tested for error codes at home by linking 2wires on the service plug which can make the cel light flash and showing you the error code or some ecus have a light in them to show the code.
once you count your flashes cheak that error and fix it. plus you can reset a ecu at home and see if that works first

All can help you with is search the net on how to do it search this forum too. once you find it your set

hope ive helped

VeYzZii
28-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Hey bro. Thanks for reply. I done that. But the error code is in the EPS. So the EPS light flashes, and i cant find the codes for the EPS light. Thanks for your help man. Sorry i didnt put that up in the first post.

AusS2000
31-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Checking an error light is a service and services cost money. That is unless the service centre expects you to pay them to fix whatever is found to be the problem in which case they might offer it for free as a loss leader.

s2kjn
01-02-2012, 12:06 PM
All you need is a paperclip and a s2k manual for your model that WILL have the EPS codes. Paperclips may not be free, but if you post up the codes correctly (long blinks = 10, short = 1), then post it up here and i'll have a look on the manual I have for you.

VeYzZii
01-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Hey s2kjn. Thanks alot man. Lucky i recorded the error code on my phone, saves me the hassle of doing it again. The EPS error code is 3 LONG 4 SHORT.

s2kjn
02-02-2012, 07:51 AM
So according to the manual it says "A problem with the main microcomputer"

Steps are as per the s2000 service manual (00-03):

1.) Clear the DTC
2.) Start the engine
3.) Wait at least 10 secs

Does the EPS indicator come on?

Yes, go to step 4

No - chech for loose wires or poor connections, If the connections are good, the system is OK at this time.

4.) Verify the DTC

Is DTC 34 or 35 indicated?

YES - Check for loose EPS control unit connectors. If necessary, substitute a known-good EPS control unit and recheck.

NO - Perform the appropiate troubleshooting for the code indicated

VeYzZii
03-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks a million s2kjn. Checked all the wires, its time to find an EPS unit! fun fun fun. I need to get one of those manuals, they seem really helpful. Once again thanks alot!

AusS2000
03-02-2012, 11:38 PM
I got one if you need it.

VeYzZii
05-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Cheers Aus. I managed to get a PDF of it. This thing is great. 1200 pages of S2000. LOL

AusS2000
05-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I was referring to the EPS unit.

VeYzZii
05-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I was referring to the EPS unit.

OH LOL. Inbox sent!