PDA

View Full Version : C Package

Adjacent
29-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Ive heard a few people saying they have the 'C Package' in their EP3Rs. I was just wondering if this was an actual package or just a bunch of standard equipment.

Wikipedia says In 2004 Honda introduced the "C Package" option (¥330,000 JPY) to Japan's Civic Type R lineup which included an additional color, Satin Silver Metallic, HID lighting, rear privacy glass, automatic air conditioner and outside air temperature sensor.

Now I have all of these on my CW 2002 EP3R, how many of you have the same equipment in your car or who doesn't have these options?

discuss.

Philip Lee
29-01-2012, 11:06 AM
C package is very common and it's actually the non C parkage that's rare.

C = comfort

bennjamin
29-01-2012, 11:13 AM
correct me but aren't all ep3's that make it here c packs ? That is , allowed to be complied ?
The non c pack is pretty basic !

Philip Lee
29-01-2012, 07:11 PM
In theory probably but there was 1 member here who had a pre FL non c package.

alanalan
29-01-2012, 08:38 PM
does it matter if you get a c package or not? i guess its a good thing? not paying additional dosh for those stuff.... correct me if im wrong lol

jeffreymui
29-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Most of the ep3 landed in aus are with c packages. Probably because most ppl wants all those features? i have no idea, but all the ep3 i've seen and checked out have those features

egSi
29-01-2012, 09:13 PM
C package has got a few extra things.

cf dash, external temp gauge, folding mirrors etc.

i have seen EPs in AU with no C package etc. I think its just luck of the draw if one is imported or not. Not sure if its rare but I am glad i have got one.

Bren, not sure what c pack has got to do with compliance?

Philip Lee
30-01-2012, 09:29 AM
C package has got a few extra things.

cf dash....

CF dash is dealer fitted option. not standard with any EP3.

Bren, not sure what c pack has got to do with compliance?

technically, whatever spec the car they used to apply for compliance and signed off, that's the only spec that they can comply.

stienerv2
30-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Easiest way to check if its not a c package on the outside is when the car has no rear wipers.

egSi
30-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Phillip Lee, i know cf dash is not standard. lol hence, C package.

As far as i have read, c package is an 'extra' option the buyer can order from Honda.

C package CAN include some if not ALL of these:

External temp gauge
cf dash
cf door step/sills
foglights
folding mirrors
auto ac
welcome lamp
HID headlights
Privacy Glass

C package surely has nothing to do with compliance, its just like a bunch of extras? They dont affect safety etc.

bennjamin
30-01-2012, 11:25 AM
It's interesting that somehow our cars where allowed with HID bulbs in projector housings....also with no washers ?! Lol.

egSi
30-01-2012, 11:33 AM
^ lol yeah and my EP apparently has Ferrari side repeaters...... wtf

shit still goes :)

stienerv2
30-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Does anyone have a pic of what the external temp gauges look like?

egSi
30-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Does anyone have a pic of what the external temp gauges look like?

man, its just were ur odometer is displayed. if no one can get a pic, i can later if you wish :)

stienerv2
30-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Oh that, never mind than. I thought it was something different ahah.

Philip Lee
30-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Phillip Lee, i know cf dash is not standard. lol hence, C package.

As far as i have read, c package is an 'extra' option the buyer can order from Honda.

C package CAN include some if not ALL of these:

External temp gauge
cf dash
cf door step/sills
foglights
folding mirrors
auto ac
welcome lamp
HID headlights
Privacy Glass

C package surely has nothing to do with compliance, its just like a bunch of extras? They dont affect safety etc.

according to Honda's own information http://www.honda.co.jp/factbook/auto/civic-r/200110/07.html C Package is "comfort" package which has the following:

◎オートエアコンディショナー(外気温表示機能付) - auto air cond with external temp gauge
◎パワーウインドウ(運転席挟み込み防止機構付) - power window
◎パワードアロック(テールゲート連動) - power central locking
◎電波式キーレスエントリーシステム(ウエルカムランプ機能付) - remote control entry
◎マップランプ - map lamp
◎両席バニティミラー - Both seat vanity mirror
◎リアシェルフ - rear shelf cover
◎ディスチャージヘッドライト(ハイ/ロービーム) - HID
◎プライバシーガラス(リアクォーター/テールゲート)- rear privacy glass
◎ウォッシャー付間欠リアワイパー - rear wiper with washer
◎ボディ同色電動格納式リモコンドアミラー - external power folding mirrors

it is a factory package so it's all or nothing. you don't get to choose each individual items. CF dash panels, CF door sills, fog lights on the other hand are dealer fitted options and are not included as part of the C Package. you can get them fitted on non c package EP3 even.

also radio/sat nav and speakers are dealer options on EP3, that's why you hardly find EP3s with identical setup.

Philip Lee
30-01-2012, 12:55 PM
It's interesting that somehow our cars where allowed with HID bulbs in projector housings....also with no washers ?! Lol.

original compliance required HID to be removed and many cars got them done during compliance.

however as times go on the RAW became lazy and left them alone.

Philip Lee
30-01-2012, 12:56 PM
^ lol yeah and my EP apparently has Ferrari side repeaters...... wtf

shit still goes :)

only on IMG sourced cars tho. other EP3s have the ugly Mitsubishi indicators.

egSi
30-01-2012, 01:09 PM
so Phillip, cf dash etc and stuff i believed to be C package are only OPTIONS?

lol so that means I have C package, like most of us, and the other options I just scored because I am lucky?

mitsu indicator do look like balls yes lol!

Philip Lee
30-01-2012, 01:50 PM
so Phillip, cf dash etc and stuff i believed to be C package are only OPTIONS?

lol so that means I have C package, like most of us, and the other options I just scored because I am lucky?

yes and yes. my old EP3 C package didn't have any CF stuff and foggies. the only option i had was the crappy Gathers sat-nav and speakers which i changed anyway.

egSi
30-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Sick Phil ^ good to know that, thanks. :)

bennjamin
30-01-2012, 02:55 PM
My ep3 doesn't have side indicators. The compiler must of been stoned or in a rush lol.

Looks a lot cleaner tho !

Philip Lee
30-01-2012, 04:13 PM
My ep3 doesn't have side indicators. The compiler must of been stoned or in a rush lol.

Looks a lot cleaner tho !

you have an earlier IMG cars then.

stienerv2
30-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah earlier IMG imports didnt have any like supersteve or poeter