PDA

View Full Version : Driver door key jaming..

GSPOTR
03-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Had an accident (someone hit me from the back) and took it to a repairer nominated by the NRMA. My driver door could not open with the remote and it has to be opened through the key. I showed them this.. there was nothing wrong with the keys.. I got the car yesterday and every time i try to lock/unlock it feels like i have to force the key in there and force it out..

question is: what do u think is causing this? u think they stuffed it up? because it wasn't like that when i gave it to them.

hondapop
03-02-2012, 08:25 AM
I would take it back and point it out to them, see what they do about it. If they try to fob you off, I wouldn't threaten to take it up with your insurer, I would do so and let them sort it out. Personally I find, if you don't get satisfactory treatment in a situation like this it's best not to get into an argument with the repairer when you have someone with bigger clout than you as backup.

dougie_504
03-02-2012, 08:42 AM
So true Pop. The workshop may not get paid if the job isn't up to scratch, or they can lose their 'recommended repairer' title if this is a consists t problem.

Complaining to your insurance company is the best idea IMO. Has yielded results for me previously.

GSPOTR
03-02-2012, 01:18 PM
thanks for that guys.. i did call them up and told them im taking it to have it looked by a locksmith.. see what he says first.