PDA

View Full Version : Front window washer jet no worky but rear does???

Chriskoss
04-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey guys
So recently my front window wiper jet's stopped working
I followed many DIY's to clear them out.. such as poking the nozzles with pins and thin wire.. putting my bare lips on the tubes and blowing into them etc. I tested every single tube running down into the tank, and they dont seem to be blocked
I then put boiling water in the tank to see if that'd make a difference and it doesn't

What baffles me is the rear hatch jet works for the rear window, works fine, but both the front's dont.. im baffled as im guessing if the water pump for the jets is stuffed.. none of these would work???

Anybody got any ideas? maybe they could shed some light and tell me the rear doesnt need a pump and thats why the fronts dont work because the pump is gone..

If it'll help.. the front jets dont make any noise when i apply the switch but the rear does and works

thanks in advanced

trism
04-02-2012, 06:07 PM
did you change the washer pump?

hmetro24
04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
are u hearing the sound of the pump?
if yes> disconnect the hose from the nozzle and see if water is getting out.
if No> change the Pump
some models use 1 pump for front and rear
other models use separate pumps.

Chriskoss
04-02-2012, 06:38 PM
no noizzeee man..noise for rear but no front. so im guessing its the pump
i took the liberty of looking through the service manual.. seems there is a pump for both front and rear. making 2
think ive found the problem.. now the bastard job of sourcing one for cheap then taking off the bumper to do it all
thanks heaps metro

trism
04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
The washer pump you can buy from any parts store. Should be around 30 bucks

Chriskoss
04-02-2012, 08:20 PM
The washer pump you can buy from any parts store. Should be around 30 bucks

oh really. sweet ill go to repco as they have 20% off for nrma members this month :)

grifty
05-02-2012, 08:12 AM
or from wreckers for $5 or free if your lucky

hmetro24
05-02-2012, 09:38 AM
no noizzeee man..noise for rear but no front. so im guessing its the pump
i took the liberty of looking through the service manual.. seems there is a pump for both front and rear. making 2
think ive found the problem.. now the bastard job of sourcing one for cheap then taking off the bumper to do it all
thanks heaps metro
What i would do before buying stuff, i would check if it's getting Volt the the pump plug. It maybe a faulty Switch too.

Chriskoss
05-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I think it would as the rear one works? theres one switch.. 2 motors.. so if was getting no signal from the switch i'd assume none of the pumps would work?