PDA

View Full Version : Spoon tail silencer n1

manonastick
07-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Hey
Im just wondering does anyone have this muffler and the biggest question of them all. . .
IS IT LOUD?!!!
I don't know who owned my car before the guy sold it to me but the f**kin muffler is louder than a cannon anything over crusing at 2.4k rpms at back of the car my friends said its loud and when i seat in the back letting a friend drive its just awful and its soo big i can't even my fit ctr rear lip on and melting a bit of the bumper . . .
I see them new cheaper than a used twin loop and wondering if its worth it? I don't think i will get any gains from my d16y4 but once i put a b series in should be fairly good right? Or should i spend my money else where or go back to stock muffler (as bad as it looks)?
cheers

ekx105
07-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey buddy. Pm replied.
If you want to stick to Spoon, also consider the Spoon Street Type exhaust. Probably not as loud as the N1 and has a stock look too.

VT3C
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
what are you trying to say / ask ??

charliebrown
07-02-2012, 12:33 PM
go stock. D16 + aftermarket exhaust = barp barp barpppppppppppppppppppppp baaaaaaarpp

not brap brap like dat rotary, barp like shit sound yadig

kraiye
07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I had an n1 on my em1. coupled with 5zigen headers and spoon stainless cat back it was a ridiculous popo magnet. sounded awesome though :D especially givin it a boot through the city and tunnels!
I'm running a 3" oval varex now and really like it - it'll come with me when the car goes. keeping the n1 for track days later.
I couldn't find a silencer small enough for the n1.

manonastick
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
what are you trying to say / ask ??
Wondering if anyone has this and if it loud.
Though im kinda thinking of the fujitsubo rm10a now. .

viinnh
07-02-2012, 08:24 PM
go stock. D16 + aftermarket exhaust = barp barp barpppppppppppppppppppppp baaaaaaarpp

not brap brap like dat rotary, barp like shit sound yadig

thats not true ? i have a xforce s12 twinloop on does not make a barp sound
it just depends on the tip as well

Importsneezer
08-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I had a spoon n1 axle on my ek4. Was not that loud. My current eg with a xforce system is heaps louder

EgFanatic
10-02-2012, 07:09 PM
i have 4/2/1 headers and 2 1/4 inch piping single resinator with my spoon n1 tip.. sounds fkn sick but the thing is.. its fkn loud if you like to go over 4k rpm.. and also i have the silencer, with silencer on sounds like shit but its waaay quiter.. i love making the thing backfire sounds sexy ass..

manonastick
15-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Any negative to adding 2 resonators???

mugen_ctr
15-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Resonator wont quieten it down, it just stop the droning lil bit.... IMO, just change the whole system altogether, ur wasting money in adding stuff in a system that was never intended to be road use... Than again we all have a system that isnt for road use LOL....

But srs, if i were you, id just change an get something thats more quieter like fujitsubo system or something that has a big muffler, or oval shaped muffler, or learn to live with it like the rest of us...

manonastick
16-02-2012, 03:48 AM
I can bare with it but i just dont want to drive people around my neighbourhood mad with the sound.
My friend said it soo loud he could hear it 1kms away at me driving 3k rpms. If its that loud might as well get a n1 styled muffler for better performance.
I would fork out for a fujitsubo system but im running a d series til at least the mid year and if i remember i would need to mod it to fit it.

cuppa
16-02-2012, 06:54 AM
the fujitsubo exhaust system is much quieter, only starts to sound after 3krpm and looks sleeper lol.

mugen_ctr
16-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I can bare with it but i just dont want to drive people around my neighbourhood mad with the sound.
My friend said it soo loud he could hear it 1kms away at me driving 3k rpms. If its that loud might as well get a n1 styled muffler for better performance.
I would fork out for a fujitsubo system but im running a d series til at least the mid year and if i remember i would need to mod it to fit it.

hrmmm, even with a silencer it still b loud, because what u describe is very similar to how loud my exhaust system is lol....... and ive run a silencer in for a week, an ppl still say its still loud

Id say, just run a silencer in for the time being and see how things go, than later on, if u still wanna change, just sell it and run a oem exhaust, and with the funds from the sale, use that to buy the exhaust system thats more quieter....

NSPYRE
16-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Running Toda headers, xforce metal cat and full Spoon N1 cat back. In terms of loud, it really comes down to your definition of loud... For me, its audible but not over the top. IMO its the best sounding/looking exhaust you can buy for a Honda. I'm not a fan of the really deep sounding exhausts as I like mine a bit higher pitched and its not a stupidly oversized barrel hanging off the rear of the car.

I use the silencer on long distance trips and that quietens it down a lot.

Regarding the price, considering its about $650 - $700 just for the axle-back, I don't see how thats cheaper new than a 2nd hand twin-loop....

VT3C
16-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Wondering if anyone has this and if it loud.
Though im kinda thinking of the fujitsubo rm10a now. .

I have mugen 4-1 header, itr 2.5" cat and spoon B-pipe and N! axle back.. sounds perfect.. but quite loud.. deep tone not farty.

i wouldnt run any of those systems if u still run your stock cast-iron header as that thing makes it much louder - a good-flowwing header will actually make less noise.

before the spoon system I ran a custom mild steel mandrel bent 2.5" system with one hotdog resonator and a big cannon muffler. this system was almost twice as loud as the spoon N1 and had major drone. the spoon's piping diameter is actually a bit smaller than 2.5" however there was a noticable power gain when i swapped the system over to the Spoon.

if you going to do a swap just wait till after then.