PDA

View Full Version : Radius Arm Installation Problem

90civicGL
07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Have a 90 ED civic, And the front radius arm is not going in. The 2 bolts that hold it down to the LCA arn't quite lining up. One or the other will go in, but not both. Any trick to get them in?

chargeR
07-02-2012, 12:45 PM
You sure you got the radius rod for the right car? DA/Accord have those two holes spaced differently.

markismaximus
07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
chargeR is correct. DA/Accords rods have the holes spaced further apart, so will never bolt to an ED LCA.

have you tried popping the lower ball joint and strut fork to allow the LCA to have more room to move for alignment?

If you are 100% sure you have an ED rod its possible either the rod or LCA is bent....

90civicGL
07-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, can always rely on OzHonda. As for the problem got it, and should be the right rod as it came of the car. It may have been slightly bent or twisted. Origionally tried with the LCA free and olny connected to the car, but couldnt get it. Assembled it all and still had same problem.

What we ended up doing for future reference is doing the rear bolt up half way, getting some vice grips and twisting it, which just managed to line the second bolt up, They are both in and secure.

Now lesson learnt, don.t take of the radius arm next time, as I think it can all disassemble while still attached.

Ok, so I'm sure there is some trick to do this, but how do I get the cv Shafts Into the transmission, so far we have only tried pushing them in, But they arn't going in all the way to where they clip in and lock. Maybe we arn't quite strong enough, We havn't been game to taking a hammer to them as we think there must be a trick to get it in. One of us was pushing the boot/joint near the transmission in while the other was at the end of the shaft pushing.