PDA

View Full Version : Advantages....

pgclee
25-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Which Car do you think has the highest advantages on the track?? and which one would you pick and why??? What about Drag??? hm......:confused:

CRX (smth like the EF model)
EF Civic
EG Civic
EK Civic

Which one do you pick? :D

Weight

CRX < EF < EG < EK :honda:

wynode
25-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Given they had the same powerplant?

Are you reffering to the chasis setuP?

egSi
25-02-2005, 04:30 PM
eg chassis kicks arse

|N|
25-02-2005, 04:36 PM
eg>ef/crx>ek

pgclee
25-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Yes...same power plant

ekslut
25-02-2005, 05:29 PM
In terms of chassis strength, with no additional braces/cages, I think the EK has be best chassis. EG is good but not as good. Then its very close between the CRX and EF hatch. I think that EF hatch might just have it over the CRX in my opinion.

But if you are after the lightest weights, go in the opposite direction. CRX first, then EF hatch, EG, then EK

Drag I would go lightest, for track I would go with the one with the best chassis.

Therefore my pick of the bunch would be the EK (Although I actually did get a EF hatch :D )

sesshoumaru
25-02-2005, 09:26 PM
i like ek's more than the rest... but the most easiest one to get going would probably be the EG...

best weight / aftermarket parts compromise. :)

Kawasaki
25-02-2005, 09:29 PM
i like ek's more than the rest... but the most easiest one to get going would probably be the EG...

best weight / aftermarket parts compromise. :)

Plus EG's are normally cheaper than your avg EK leaving you more money to spend on setup

bennjamin
25-02-2005, 10:26 PM
eg's dont have the most amazing chassis in the world....its amazing the difference a couple of reinforcement bars will make to its structual rigidity ! Also , that the EG chassis is quite old , and more often than not - accident damaged .

Altho this applies even mroe so to the EF !

ekslut
25-02-2005, 10:35 PM
yeah, I agree value for money EG is the best. But I think any car no matter what year will greatly improve with some chassis reinforcement. I put B-pillar and C-Pillar bars into my EK4, along with the usual strut braces and lower arm tie bars, and I was blown away at the difference the B & C pillar bars made on the EK chassis. If your going to be tracking your EK defiently get these.

pgclee
27-02-2005, 01:14 AM
EK definately have a better chasis plus with a balanced car...the best ek i've seen is a strip track car with only 850kg wet weight by J's racing...i wonder how it lose weight...hmm...weird...hmm...i'm not Bias towards EK...but wondering why most N1 cars now are using EK as a race car...there must be a reason why they use it..infact, they have proven that EK shows a better time on track...

ekslut
27-02-2005, 09:24 AM
To loose that much weight involves a lot of money :D

Actually just by stripping out crap you dont need can save you lots of weight. I weighed every part I have taken out of my EF, and every part I have put into my EF and so far I have lost around 75kg. This includes the extra weight of wheels (Although my wheels are lightweight, going from 13" really skinny wheels to 15"x6.5" adds a lot of weight), and engine + gearbox too.

But to get more than 75kg, thats when you need to drop in a lot of money. Like carbon body parts, replace all suspension components with lightweight parts...Actually every part you can find needs to be replaced with something else lightweight.

But the EK chassis is much stiffer. You can feel it when you drive it, and it shows in the weight. Off the top of my head, I think the EF hatch is 850kg, EG is 950kg and EK is about 1100kg. Some of this weight is creature comforts, but most is beacuse they have designed a stiffer chassis that will roll around less, when pushed. Its also safer in a accident.

wynode
28-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Are we talking about the chasis or bolt ons that improve handling ??

Disciple
28-02-2005, 11:31 PM
eg's are a very balanced chasis, i heard that the ek is abit too heavy at the front and also the wheel base is best on eg? correct me if im wrong:P

sivic
02-03-2005, 11:46 PM
EK will generally have a better chassis as they are newer. however, i feel an EG in prime condition would be a better choice due to the weight difference. a lot of the weight in the EK's is attributed to passenger protection.
however, both are great chassis with some ipgraded suspension. as far as wheel base goes, the EG Sedan is apparently the pick for higher speed applications as it is far better balaced. you'll notice the number of EG sedans which are used in the various N1 series in Asia (though they are becoming less common due to their age). the tail end of the hatches can be a bit less predictable. however, the hatches are much better for tighter situations, plus the sedans come with the extra weight :(

**Ghost**
15-04-2005, 01:58 PM
wot exactly ar ethe B/C pillars?

ekslut
15-04-2005, 07:12 PM
A pillar is the pillar between the windscreen and the front window

B pillar is the pillar between front side window and rear side window

C pillar is the pillar between rear window and the rear back window

tegstar83
15-04-2005, 08:44 PM
one thing I want to know is what kinda brace goes on the B pillar and how is it attached??
Is ur car a full race car that does not go on the road ek???

ekslut
15-04-2005, 11:02 PM
When I had my EK it was daily driven. But I had no back seats. The brace it like a metal bar that goes between the top seat belt points on the B pillar, and attatches just using the bolts that are already there. So it will run just behind the front seats out of your way, but I would not recomed it if you have rear seats. I am putting it on my ED if you want a pic to see how it works. I can also get a pic of the C pillar brace, as one of my friends has the one I had, on his EK now.

tegstar83
15-04-2005, 11:50 PM
When I had my EK it was daily driven. But I had no back seats. The brace it like a metal bar that goes between the top seat belt points on the B pillar, and attatches just using the bolts that are already there. So it will run just behind the front seats out of your way, but I would not recomed it if you have rear seats. I am putting it on my ED if you want a pic to see how it works. I can also get a pic of the C pillar brace, as one of my friends has the one I had, on his EK now.

Yeah cool get some pics of this im interested in making even more reinforcements to the car that dosnt involve welding.
Now does the B breace stop ur seat belts from being used??
If not can the coopers fuk u up for that?

ekslut
16-04-2005, 09:30 AM
ill get some pics today. And yes, you can still use your seatbelt with the brace.

But I dont think that the brace is road legal though

Steer^Gimic
16-04-2005, 10:26 AM
ekslut the brace between the seatbelt mounts is exactly what i am after. so far no one has been able to help me. custom made or purchased. a pic would be great. now i can show people what im talking about!

ekslut
16-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Get it through Whiteline. But its not listed in any of the catalogues coz its made to order. So you need to talk to someone who knows Whiteline and can organize it. Not too expencive too