PDA

View Full Version : S2000 ride height scraping front bumper

Newtype
08-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Hey just wondering does anyone else also have the problem of scraping their front bumper when going over certain inclines such as road bumps and hills? (Dont have a front lip)

I always drive slowly over bumps and dips but it seems to sometimes still scrap the front.

Was planning to get a swaybar/coilover or springs but was wondering would that make things worse?

Anybody have the same problem with a solution?

vtecster
08-02-2012, 08:17 PM
wat height are u running? how do you drive and also if u get coilovers and adjust stiffness it wont be that bouncy!?

sho
08-02-2012, 08:19 PM
you sure its your front bar or is it the mud flaps which are attached under the front bar?

Newtype
08-02-2012, 08:56 PM
you sure its your front bar or is it the mud flaps which are attached under the front bar?

its scraping the paint so its the front bumper?

wat height are u running? how do you drive and also if u get coilovers and adjust stiffness it wont be that bouncy!?

running normal stock height. drive normally with the rare vtec moments.

thinks its something to do with the springs or suspension being worn? would adjusted coilovers make the ride less bumpy?
Right now its really bumpy on rough roads.

vtecster
09-02-2012, 01:14 AM
depending on your coilover setup and ur spring rate some a bumpy some are abit softer

dlai5552
09-02-2012, 01:32 AM
thinks its something to do with the springs or suspension being worn? would adjusted coilovers make the ride less bumpy?
Right now its really bumpy on rough roads.

Pretty sure most if not all, the spring rates of aftermarket coilover should be stiffer than your stock ones on their hardest setting. Although from your profile pic and your statement about being really bumpy atm, I think it's just your driving... no offence of course. Maybe try to angle more, or get a front lip to protect your front bar from scraping haha

AusS2000
09-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Either that or your stock suspension is shot.

Time for some coilovers with adjustable ride height. My exhaust mid section was scraping on the exit to the lane way at the back of my house. I raised the front up 10mm and it is good now.

barefootbonzai
09-02-2012, 02:59 PM
if you're on stock suspension and still scrapping something is definitely wrong.
The good news is, I've got some coilovers for sale, just buy them and it'll fix all your problems! lol

catacaustic
16-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I scrape my front bumper going out of my driveway, and that's with stock height, and good shocks and springs. The S2K is lower then a "normal" car, but there is limits. If you're worried, go and see somewhere that does good suspension work and ask them the question.

Having said that... when I was looking for mine, I did look at one on the Gold Coast that couldn't go around a corner without scraping the bumper because the owner had put ultra-low king sprints on it. The worst thing was that that was the least of it's problems. But it did show me a bit more of what to look for. Hopefully yours is just the standard ideal of the car just sitting low.