PDA

View Full Version : Lowering BuddyClub N+ Coilovers

ekx105
10-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi Ozhondarer's!

Im looking into lowering my Ek a little bit more. As the title states im on BuddyClub N+ Coils. When i got them installed, i left them at factory height, and i never got around to asking them how to lower it by myself.

Anyone with a DIY or any help would be heaps appreciated!

Thanks
Neil.

senna
10-02-2012, 08:41 AM
I would recommend taking the car to a workshop with plenty of coilover experience, they will have the correct tools and they will complete the job much quicker than a first timer

Also, if you get it done at a workshop or you do it yourself, you should get a wheel alignment done immediately other wise your toe settings will be all over the shop (camber will be out too, but unless you have adjustable arms you can't adjust that).

mugen_ctr
10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
DIY, why spend money on doing something thats pretty basic to do it IMO.... If u buy coilovers and dont know anything about em, than u really gotta ask urself "what am i doin" lol

Its pretty basic really, measure up vehicle, minus how low u wanna go, raise vehicle, take wheels off, undo suspension lower bolts, than go undo the lower collar, spin the lower body to the desired height, an ur done, repeat process till all sides are even, might take awhile to get things right, but well worth the effort.

I sure hope the place u got them done, they gave u back the C spanners, though u can use a flat head and hammer, jus easier using the C spanner to undo the lower collar

Plenty of DIY on the net on adjusting coilovers :)

AFAIK, all ek have adjustable toe

anzai
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiiId9lsgno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlqOA35NmAw

dougie_504
10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
DIY, why spend money on doing something thats pretty basic to do it IMO.... If u buy coilovers and dont know anything about em, than u really gotta ask urself "what am i doin" lol

Its pretty basic really, measure up vehicle, minus how low u wanna go, raise vehicle, take wheels off, undo suspension lower bolts, than go undo the lower collar, spin the lower body to the desired height, an ur done, repeat process till all sides are even, might take awhile to get things right, but well worth the effort.

I sure hope the place u got them done, they gave u back the C spanners, though u can use a flat head and hammer, jus easier using the C spanner to undo the lower collar

Plenty of DIY on the net on adjusting coilovers :)

AFAIK, all ek have adjustable toe

Agreed, just DIY. It's the simplest of jobs and a complete WOTAM to pay somebody else to adjust your perches.

senna
10-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Be careful if you are using this method on alloy lock rings - they can snap if you hit them too hard or at the wrong angle :thumbsup:

ekx105
10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah they gave me the c spanners. It was Top One Auto in Sydney that did it for me. So anyone who goes to them knows thy they are really good with honda's. I was just to excited that i forgot to ask how to adjust them myself. Thanks for everyones input. I put the same thread up on JDMST and got flamed for being a noob. I want to learn about my car too, rather than have someone else to do things for me.

dougie_504
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
So easy.

Loosen lug nuts.
Jack car up.
Utilise jack stands.
Remove wheels.
Wind rings up/down to a point.
Match to the opposite side.
Wheels back on.
Finger-tight lug nuts.
Car down.
Observe height.
Tighten lugs or adjust height again.

Can be a PITA but once it's right you don't have to bother again.

CRXDEL501
11-02-2012, 03:46 PM
So easy.

Loosen lug nuts.
Jack car up.
Utilise jack stands.
Remove wheels.
Wind rings up/down to a point.
Match to the opposite side.
Wheels back on.
Finger-tight lug nuts.
Car down.
Observe height.
Tighten lugs or adjust height again.

Can be a PITA but once it's right you don't have to bother again.

Boom!

FAITHLESS
13-02-2012, 01:05 PM
yep does take a bit of work to get it right (at least it did for me) but pretty satisfying once done

akira
14-02-2012, 09:56 AM
if you want to be safe then take it back to the workshop, if you want to learn then easy DIY. Shouldn't take you more than a day's work and 6 pack of beer xD