PDA

View Full Version : ek1 budget suspension building help

Steven1
10-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey guys,
Im looking into improving the handling of my civic while on the green 's and going to do motor transfer later after i get off the plates.

here's the question:
With a budget of 1000-1500 AUD, build a suspension setup for my 2000ek civic cxi.

Its a street and circuit/hill climb style setup Im after.
looking forward to hearing what people come up with

many thanks,
Steven

rubixcube
11-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Koni Yellows/GC sleeves. around 1K shipped from the US

Oz_Striker
12-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Take into consideration a good rear sway bar for your setup, I'd recommend the EK9 rear sway bar kit with an ASR subframe brace, I had one on my old ek and it gave an excellent improvement for the cost of the item

chargeR
13-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Koni Yellows/GC sleeves. around 1K shipped from the US

Take into consideration a good rear sway bar for your setup, I'd recommend the EK9 rear sway bar kit with an ASR subframe brace, I had one on my old ek and it gave an excellent improvement for the cost of the item

And we're done here. Those two posts are all you need. With the GC sleeves I would aim for spring rates up around the 500lb/in limit of Koni sports. Anything less will be too soft for circuit use with sticky tyres.

Oxer
14-02-2012, 02:51 PM
$1250 BC BR Coilovers.

senna
14-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Inspect some of the bushes too, most likely culprits are the rear trailing arm bushes and the front lower control arm bushes.

Keep a part of your budget aside for these things because if your bushes are stuffed the car will feel un-easy and tend to move around under brakes and in high load cornering

blabla
14-02-2012, 05:27 PM
GABB SS Coilovers PM the BYP guys... I'm currently on them they are fantastic!

stndrd
14-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I would go with Eibach or Koni springs on Koni Yellow shocks if it majority street. Otherwise look into some BC coilovers

impossi13le
14-02-2012, 06:27 PM
i've got some bilstein adjustable shocks for ek if you're interested? :)

blastnpast
16-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Mate, hit up JDMaccessories.com.au they will hook you up hard and be well under that budget!!!

rubixcube
16-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Mate, hit up JDMaccessories.com.au they will hook you up hard and be well under that budget!!!

Has anyone seen this guys post history? Promoting jdmaccessories.com.au is all he ever does.
Dont listen to him, i compared prices to some US websites and they aint cheap. Like, i could pay for something from weksos and get it shipped here for less than jdmaccessories retail price

blastnpast
16-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Rubix, I'm sure once you find a damn good supplier that you can't fault you will want to promote him just so your fellow cyber mates can share the damn good customer service he provides!

Thanks for the input btw

Steven1
16-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all input into the suspension build.. all the ideas have been good to clarify my thinking..

Im thinking upgrading my springs/shocks and the rear sway bar for starts, seems like the best starting point :)
then working on the strut bars etc.

Keep the idea combos coming!

Steven