PDA

View Full Version : Bogging Down on 92 Si

stoned1974
20-12-2003, 07:51 AM
hello

i have an 92 si auto with a d16a8.

problem i have is when i am in low revs 1500 to 3000 the engine is unreponsive but goes fine after 3000.

i have a home made CAI and 2 inch exhaust.

any ideas why ??

also on the rev gauge between 0 - 1000 is the line after the 0, the 500rpm ? just wandering as it is not halfway between 0 and 1000

cheers

paul

jaffa_cree
20-12-2003, 10:28 AM
mines like that as well
but mines a VTI auto

very sluggish at low revs

vuvu
23-12-2003, 02:57 PM
you shoulda got a manual
launch it right and it doesn't bog down at all

the civic si is actually pretty good... i got one and i've beaten alot of cars with it.. its bone stock

8)

2ds
23-12-2003, 05:44 PM
expect the engine to be sluggish under 3k. if you want to drive faster rive it more.

the power curve is almost a straight 45 degree line. so the higer you rev the more power you get.

-2ds

stoned1974
23-12-2003, 07:49 PM
i should of said that it only started bogging down after i put a cheapo pod filter on my home made CAI, so i put the old panel filter back on without resonator and any pipes into wheel arch and things are now fine. also today changed the stock filter for k&n panel, will know tomorrow morning if they make any difference.

still have the sucking noise coming from the filter :)

as for manual, i took the easy way out in my driving test ;) , although will eventually get manual license :P

cheers

paul

Setanta
23-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Get rid of the pod filter. If I had a $ for every time I've said not to do that crap mod. You either go real CAI or stock box with insert - otherwise you are reducing air density by sucking hot air into the motor :?

2ds
24-12-2003, 01:42 AM
i should of said that it only started bogging down after i put a cheapo pod filter on my home made CAI, so i put the old panel filter back on without resonator and any pipes into wheel arch and things are now fine. also today changed the stock filter for k&n panel, will know tomorrow morning if they make any difference.

still have the sucking noise coming from the filter :)

as for manual, i took the easy way out in my driving test ;) , although will eventually get manual license :P

cheers

paul

well that makes a whole lot more sense.
your engine bay will fill up with hot air when you are stopped and it wont clear out for a few seconds once you start moving, hence the bogging down

-2ds

stoned1974
24-12-2003, 01:41 PM
does the pocket infront of the wheel arch fill up with hot air as that was where the pod was.

as that is where the air is being fed from now!! but no more major bogging!!??

cheers

paul