PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Help needed from other CU2 AUTO owner

lovesil
15-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey all,

Was wondering if any of the CU2 owner can help me to see if my little paranoid guessing is of any concerns.

Recently i noticed that when the car's cold or semi cold, if i do a semi quick take off (not dragging), i can this audible "HHhhuuuu" sound coming from the gearbox. After the initial acceleration, the sound will die down back to normal gearbox noise.

Is this happening to your auto CU2??

Much appreciated if anyone can observe and tell me. Otherwise, i will have to bring it back to dealer to check out. (lucky i still have 1.5 yrs of warranty left)

NOTE: Gearbox oil's only recently changed and i can't say if i notice this before the oil change.....

Regards,
Ryan

Sambo73
15-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey all,

Was wondering if any of the CU2 owner can help me to see if my little paranoid guessing is of any concerns.

Recently i noticed that when the car's cold or semi cold, if i do a semi quick take off (not dragging), i can this audible "HHhhuuuu" sound coming from the gearbox. After the initial acceleration, the sound will die down back to normal gearbox noise.

Is this happening to your auto CU2??

Much appreciated if anyone can observe and tell me. Otherwise, i will have to bring it back to dealer to check out. (lucky i still have 1.5 yrs of warranty left)

NOTE: Gearbox oil's only recently changed and i can't say if i notice this before the oil change.....

Regards,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I have this same problem and I am waiting for Honda to get back to my Dealer if they will replace my gear box!!!

But Honda is dragging there feet and every time I ring my dealer I get the same response that they are waiting for Honda Australia!!!

My dealer said to me that they had another Euro cu2 with the same problem and Honda changed the gearbox.

I have recorded the sound on my Iphone but have been unable to attach it!

I would say to go back to your dealer.

Sam

Sambo73
16-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Honda Australia has gave my dealer the go ahead to replace my Transmission and torque regulator :thumbsup:. But I was told that the parts have to come from Japan and could take 6 weeks + to get here.

Fredoops
16-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Honda quality right there.....................

redseven
18-02-2012, 02:10 PM
What's a semi-quick takeoff? :) Do you get the high VTEC cams to engage? I usually wait until the engine temp needle hits halfway before doing anything. I might want to try what you did to see if my gearbox is OK.

At what mileage did you change the gearbox oil?

lovesil
19-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Update: What i also found is, this only happens overnight. Didn't really hear anything after work (even if i leave the car off the whole day at work's underground carpark).................or that by evening, the road's too noisy for me to hear anything????

redseven: A semi quick take off's like......"I'm surfing internet on mobile and didn't realise the cars in front have already took off.......and i go "shit".....so i press the accelerator abit harder in order to catch up the crowd in front" Definitely nowhere near the vtec engagement point as the noise can be hear the min you press the accelerator harder from stand still.

My car's at 50+k at the moment, oil's change about 2 weeks ago only.

Sambo73
19-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Update: What i also found is, this only happens overnight. Didn't really hear anything after work (even if i leave the car off the whole day at work's underground carpark).................or that by evening, the road's too noisy for me to hear anything????

redseven: A semi quick take off's like......"I'm surfing internet on mobile and didn't realise the cars in front have already took off.......and i go "shit".....so i press the accelerator abit harder in order to catch up the crowd in front" Definitely nowhere near the vtec engagement point as the noise can be hear the min you press the accelerator harder from stand still.

My car's at 50+k at the moment, oil's change about 2 weeks ago only.

If I park the car the whole day at work's underground carpark and when it home time there is a lots of car waiting to get out I can hear my noise when I go up the ramps to ground leave!!! my noise happens when the engine start getting to op temp. it only happens 3-4 time then I don't hear it.

My car is only a Year old and I it has 20k on it, but I heard this noise first last March when the car was only 2 months old and I told my dealer. so it has taking me nearly a year to get my dealer and Honda Australia to do something about this noise.:thumbdwn:

Fredoops
19-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a faulty torque converter

lovesil
19-02-2012, 08:24 PM
If I park the car the whole day at work's underground carpark and when it home time there is a lots of car waiting to get out I can hear my noise when I go up the ramps to ground leave!!! my noise happens when the engine start getting to op temp. it only happens 3-4 time then I don't hear it.

My car is only a Year old and I it has 20k on it, but I heard this noise first last March when the car was only 2 months old and I told my dealer. so it has taking me nearly a year to get my dealer and Honda Australia to do something about this noise.:thumbdwn:

That seems alot more severe to mine.

lovesil
21-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Update: Spoke and bring the car over to Honda Hornsby. Great customer service there (for now). Provide them with both video and audio clip for them to present to Honda Aus. Hopefully will get a satisfy ending :)

Philip Lee
22-02-2012, 11:35 AM
fingers crossed. but you are well prepared with videos etc lol

lovesil
04-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Update: Honda Hornsby just called me. Saying that they still have yet to receive instruction from Honda Japan, but based on the evidence i provided, they will change both gearbox / torque converter on Honda Aus's account. Its currently booked for next thursday :D