PDA

View Full Version : Halfcuts

blackNred
26-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Hi guys,

Earlier i went through the justjap website and they have lots and lots of halfcuts for sale. But there are some stuff i dont quite understand. Some of them, justjap is selling the entire front half cut and some it is stated as 'engine package only'. What does it mean by engine package. As far as i know, halfcuts include everything from the front bar till the dashboard but wut about engine package? What does it include?......Engine package seems to be cheaper that full front cuts, so i would assume they are giving alot lesser stuff.

Engine package = Engine, gearbox, ecu and wiring???

flipmods
26-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Engine package = Engine, gearbox, ecu and wiring???
That sounds about right, maybe they might give you mounts as well if your lucky.

lerroy
26-02-2005, 07:04 AM
I would love to get a JDM halfcut just for the parts to tranform my front bar
do they have halfcuts without engne and wiring and stuff ???

theres no when i go to integra there are no parts listed :(

toE
26-02-2005, 11:56 AM
*moved*

blackNred
26-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Hi Lerroy,

I dont think u need to get the halfcut just to salvage the font bar....i guess u can just go to the wreckers and buy the front bar cos if they have engine package for sale which is only the engine, gearbox, wiring and ecu, i m sure they still have the rest of the body parts unless it's a front accident cut.

I m still pretty curious about what comes in the engine package.......cos the difference in price is quite alot compared to the full halfcut......the engine package can be way cheaper......and does it still come with the gearbox, wiring harness and ecu?....

Jomsy
28-02-2005, 03:29 PM
If you want just the bar and lights n stuff you need a nose cut, which is basically radiator forward, plus a bonnet and guards

Disciple
28-02-2005, 11:20 PM
i would try jap connections at ingleburn i just got a frontcut off them, very happy at the moment!

h22a accord
02-03-2005, 03:48 PM
id be very surprised if u get front bar with it all. half cut is everything mechanical plus the dash etc.

i got a half cut and it didnt include the radiator, lights or front bar. it had been in a smash while in jp

just an engine package is the engine minus the loom, drive shaft, brakes etc. basically its just an engine.

CTR Coupe
02-03-2005, 03:54 PM
if you want hood, lights, pannels, etc. your talking about a dressed front cut.

blackNred
02-03-2005, 05:21 PM
hahaha.......all these terms are killing me man.....engine package, dressed front cut, nose cut...etc..etc

H22A : Thanks for your reply....but as u were saying, engine package excludes the loom, driveshaft......basically only engine......what about the gearbox?.....does it stikk come with the gearbox?

joyride
03-03-2005, 12:40 PM
call up and ask around, some shops may throw it in where as they may say engine only.

h22a accord
03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
yeh i think g/box too. i dont think ecu is included either.