PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Air Filter

Zimp13
26-02-2005, 09:06 AM
I am looking for the aftermarket aif filter that fits in the original air box. Anyone know where to get, what brand and price? please supply details so i can get it asap... thank u...

EuroAccord13
26-02-2005, 11:21 AM
K&N Panel filter say from AutoBarn or any performance workshop?

STTICH
26-02-2005, 12:04 PM
dont think autobarn sell any stuff for Jazz.. or do they ???:confused:

muli
26-02-2005, 12:06 PM
search through forum and you fill find atleast 5 threads.

place in brissie called centrax auto engineering sells trust replacement filters that fit into the box, they are about $90. Spoon ones are apparently a waste of time as are no different than trust other than cost double the price.

k&n dont have filters for jazz as it hasnt been released in US yet

Zimp13
26-02-2005, 12:31 PM
anything that i can get in Melbourne?

spoon fit
26-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Zimp13..trust one
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13264&highlight=trust+air+filter

Zimp13
26-02-2005, 02:57 PM
how much spoonfit? from where?

spoon fit
26-02-2005, 03:03 PM
how much spoonfit? from where?

check---> http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13264&highlight=trust+air+filter

Zimp13
26-02-2005, 06:16 PM
i dont wanna check lar..... me eye no good lar.... u tell me lar dalingggggg......

D16Y
26-02-2005, 06:32 PM
search through forum and you fill find atleast 5 threads.

place in brissie called centrax auto engineering sells trust replacement filters that fit into the box, they are about $90. Spoon ones are apparently a waste of time as are no different than trust other than cost double the price.

k&n dont have filters for jazz as it hasnt been released in US yet

errr k&n do make a filter for the jazz :p
part # 33-2872
drop into ur local supercheap n place an order ;)

Zimp13
26-02-2005, 07:12 PM
sure? i check a few times with them.. all of the said k&n dont have any listing for jazz. i ll check it out anyway... thanks

spoon fit
26-02-2005, 09:47 PM
y u want to change it back?

D16Y
26-02-2005, 10:58 PM
sure? i check a few times with them.. all of the said k&n dont have any listing for jazz. i ll check it out anyway... thanks

yes i am sure mate, if he/she says it cant be ordered in then they dunno wat they are talking about, give them the part # as above n make sure they pick up the fone n call to check. its because some s.c.a stores dont keep upto date with their catalogs....like mine lol :rolleyes:

spoon fit
26-02-2005, 11:18 PM
errr k&n do make a filter for the jazz :p
part # 33-2872

i think its only for 05 up model.

D16Y
26-02-2005, 11:26 PM
i think its only for 05 up model.

well i just checked the k&n webby, its 04, 05 and im pretty sure the all the 1.5s have the same airbox including the facelifted version. correct me if im wrong. :)

spoon fit
26-02-2005, 11:30 PM
04 and 05 r different

D16Y
26-02-2005, 11:41 PM
04 and 05 r different

well i checked it again, its only for 04. hmmm so im not sure whether its for the facelifted version or not because i think it got the facelift late late 04?
is the facelifted airbox a different shape altogether spoon fit?

spoon fit
26-02-2005, 11:45 PM
current model r different to the old one
yes, different sharp..

Zimp13
27-02-2005, 10:43 AM
hm.... so troublesome... y would honda make different air box for the same car? is the newer air box better than the old one?

muli
28-02-2005, 08:36 AM
the filter box looks half the size of the old one, but throttle response is apparently improved

Zimp13
28-02-2005, 11:18 AM
the filter box looks half the size of the old one, but throttle response is apparently improved

wat? hm.... thats interesting.....

Andys
28-02-2005, 01:08 PM
It looks slightly different under the bonnet. I've driven both new and old and I think I prefer the old. The new one seems to have better response and mid-range power, but the old one felt better at the top end.

- Andrew

Zimp13
28-02-2005, 01:11 PM
ic...

anyone with the pod filter wanna sell their original original air box (the new one)? i prefer better response and mid range power.... :)

Andys
28-02-2005, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't bother, the difference was barely noticeable..

Zimp13
28-02-2005, 01:25 PM
ok andys... cheers.... dont bother then.... thought it make a difference....

TypeG
28-02-2005, 02:31 PM
lol
changing air filter is hardly notice the gain for most NA car anyway
but it is needed

wyl03
28-02-2005, 04:23 PM
type G - hardly notice the gain .. but it is needed? :confused::p

muli
05-03-2005, 03:43 PM
had car dynoed today, 60.??kw at wheels with standard airbox, with pod 65kw :)

TypeG
05-03-2005, 04:29 PM
5kw?
lol
i think the dyno machine is not really working so well if pod is the only mod u got

hardly notice not = no gain right?
so it is needed

muli
06-03-2005, 06:18 AM
thats the only mod, you do really notice it. i wore earplugs for my first drive. It revs so much easier and once past 4300rpm it revs so much quicker. Its not very loud so i like it.

Gf was asking in car last nite whats that hissing noise :D

ill post some piccies soon

bottom line is im happy with my money spend

I had 4 dyno runs, air temp for the standard airbox dynos was 25.5 degrees, with pod they were around the 28.6 degrees

First run was with standard box which was done two dyno's first to test went to 60kw and second is dyno line is touching just underneath the 60kw mark, second run was bonnet open and fan blowing which gained about 1.75kw roughly, third run with pod with bonnet closed is 4kw gain, with bonnet closed with fan blowing on it went slightly over 65kw mark by about 0.3kw.

Next on the list is custom exhaust system, ppl can doubt what eva they like i dont care.

lol dyno cant read

5kw?
hardly notice not = no gain right?
so it is needed

??? cant understand that

Zimp13
06-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Muli

Thanks for the info... i changed the stock filter box to a pod filter and change it bcak to the stock filter. I do believe in the hp gain, especially after u dyno-ed the car. But the thingis, i feel that with pod filter the low end actually suffers, mid to high end power become a lot smoother. Thats y i changed it back to the original filter box. Is this the same with ur car? where did u get the piping from Muli? Mind saying how much as well? cheers...

pinklady
06-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Zimp13...

when u mentioned low end power suffers...does it mean suffers when low rev?? or when speed's low?? or both?? just bit confuse here :)

muli
06-03-2005, 11:22 AM
i notice more responsiveness of the line, cant say low end has suffered. On Dyno sheet power increased with dyno's 2,3,4 throughout whole rev range

pinklady
06-03-2005, 12:05 PM
i notice more responsiveness of the line, cant say low end has suffered. On Dyno sheet power increased with dyno's 2,3,4 throughout whole rev range

wat brand air filter muli??

muli
06-03-2005, 12:49 PM
wat brand air filter muli??

BMC air filter, i got told a apexi would be louder and i dont want any attention too much but even yesterday i had a mirage with zorts and pod at lights very eager to sprint off. You can hear it hissing when standing still.

I noticed that with my Trust panel replacement filter for the standard box that when i oiled it was quite quiet but after 3000kays it would start getting louder so i basically always re-oiled it.

pinklady
06-03-2005, 01:12 PM
ic BMC...does it include adapter and piping..? a straight on fit?
where did u get it by the way..and how much if u dont mind :) ??

thinking of apexi too.

muli
06-03-2005, 02:05 PM
heres some pics

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1288

Its all custom job, the filter just come with a clamp that is tightened to hold it on the alu pipe. I paid about $100 for the pod from http://www.centraxauto.com.au/ and the model of pod is BMC TW70-140, for stainless piping including all hoses & clamps shouldnt be more than $140, for aluminium you will pay more

heres the modyourcar apexi kit for jazz. http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=2928

TypeG
06-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Muli

Thanks for the info... i changed the stock filter box to a pod filter and change it bcak to the stock filter. I do believe in the hp gain, especially after u dyno-ed the car. But the thingis, i feel that with pod filter the low end actually suffers, mid to high end power become a lot smoother. Thats y i changed it back to the original filter box. Is this the same with ur car? where did u get the piping from Muli? Mind saying how much as well? cheers...

u are right as pod always suffer from power lose in low end and that's what a Jazz needed as it is not a B engine which not require much high rev.

also i wonder how a pod give like 5kw gain. pod cant give me much gain for my previous ride but a jazz
hm...... i may as well borrow one and try it out

muli
06-03-2005, 02:22 PM
u are right as pod always suffer from power lose in low end and that's what a Jazz needed as it is not a B engine which not require much high rev.

also i wonder how a pod give like 5kw gain. pod cant give me much gain for my previous ride but a jazz
hm...... i may as well borrow one and try it out

Comparing another car ( e.g Civic Vs. Jazz) is like comparing apples with oranges.
Hows he right Type-G? Jus-10 said he didnt notice any loss in low end.

The standard jazz box could possibly be restrictive, ever think about that.

TypeG
06-03-2005, 03:06 PM
I know I cant compare woth other car but what I trying to say is if I cant FEEL any gain from ITR or Civic, how would a Jazz feel the gain.
Anyway, low end must be suffer since pod is basically for race use and panel filter is for sports(street) use.

air box has tried to prevent hot air get into the box and a cAI will make it more than enough with lower cost.
This topic has covered many times and it is always some ppl support their own choice.
Maybe we should as some real racers for their comments.

muli
06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
im not supporting anything, im just stating facts that the dyno showed and you seem like your just talking on assumptions that someone could easily read from a magazine that doing this to your vehicle will do this and so on.

Try a POD or CAI with standard box

TypeG
06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
lol
not assumption but i mod like 5-6 cars so far
and i have tried pod and replacement filters as well
i feel i am losing power using pod in 2 of my rides and replacement filter doesnt give me any noticeable gain but not power lose on any range. That's what I trying to say.
I am going to try CAI with standard box once I back Oz

Zimp13
06-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Jus-10 said he didnt notice any loss in low end.

The standard jazz box could possibly be restrictive, ever think about that.

The standard air box is restrictive compared to a pod filter. However, for a standard engine with no mod at all, changing to a pod filter creates too much air necessary for the standard engine. With other mods involved, then it may compensate the low end loss. The best way to know is to try two auto jazz from the stand still position. I do believe that the one with the standard box filter would have a better pick up. Restrictive it is, but sucking cold air is also better, especially in summer. Thats when i changed it back to the original filter. Once put on the header and vafc i will certainly put the pod back.

TypeG
06-03-2005, 07:03 PM
header and exhuast may even may yr low end get worse

Zimp13
07-03-2005, 11:42 AM
4-2-1 header is good for low and mid range whereas 4-1 is good for high end....with 4-2-1 header, pod filter, and VAFC the car should improve a lot... even for low end...

muli
07-03-2005, 05:04 PM
The best way to know is to try two auto jazz from the stand still position.

Well comparing manual and auto again is two different things, most autos are more sluggish off the line than their manual counterparts

air box has tried to prevent hot air get into the box and a cAI will make it more than enough with lower cost.
This topic has covered many times and it is always some ppl support their own choice.
Maybe we should as some real racers for their comments.

Real Racers:rolleyes: too much F&F for you mate

bagaichiban
07-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Why bother arguing this much? just put two same jazz on the dyno machine and one with pod and one with panel filter...truth will should on the screen...

btw, i do want to know the result though~;)

seihoa
08-03-2005, 10:07 AM
supercheap

muli
08-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Why bother arguing this much? just put two same jazz on the dyno machine and one with pod and one with panel filter...truth will should on the screen...

btw, i do want to know the result though~;)

isnt that the same as me having had my car dynoed with standard box and panel filter and afterwards with pod?

supercheap

????

tonmasi
08-03-2005, 10:30 PM
lol
changing air filter is hardly notice the gain for most NA car anyway
but it is needed

But it is still noticable right? Its might not gain as much as if you add a turbo, but with that kind of $$, I reckon its good enough...

I have added an intake pipe to the original airbox fitted with a trust airfilter, and the accerlation is much more responsive than with the original airfilter and intake. So try not to ask too much for something at that price.

[QUOTE=muli]heres some pics

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1288

Muli,

Looking very good!!!:thumbsup:

muli
08-03-2005, 10:36 PM
well i have(had) the trust replacement filter in my box which i notice made the engine breath alot easier at higher revs, the pod just gives the throttle so much more response and acceleration in either 2nd or 3rd is greatly improved, first is just too short, fells even shorter now

bagaichiban
09-03-2005, 08:09 PM
sorry muli, didn't see yar post~;)

muli
11-03-2005, 09:28 PM
i got some audio files of intake, can anyone host them for me or know where i could host them for free?

Zimp13
20-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Zimp13...

when u mentioned low end power suffers...does it mean suffers when low rev?? or when speed's low?? or both?? just bit confuse here :)

sorry pinklady... i miss ur reply....

wat i mean by low end is when the car at stationery position and u wanna take off, cos the pod filter allows the car to suck in a lot more air (too much for a standard no mod engine), it causes lag. therefore it is less responsive at the low end. but once the car drive, it drives smoother and better at the high end (cos its easier to suck the air in). thats all i know. hope this helps.

TypeG
20-03-2005, 12:45 PM
very good theory
that's what i want to say on pod but i just cant explain so clearly
lol

Zimp13
20-03-2005, 12:53 PM
very good theory
that's what i want to say on pod but i just cant explain so clearly
lol

thank u thank u... hihihi... that would be $50 for u typeG.... :D