PDA

View Full Version : How to remove tree sap and bird crap !

orion76
21-02-2012, 01:16 PM
had the wife park the car under a tree and as a result I have a car with dark tree sap and bird crap. The bird crap I've managed to remove but I still can't get off the tree sap.

Any recommendations on what products to use or detailers in Melbourne to go to restore and remove the sap?

lilthug
21-02-2012, 01:19 PM
give the car a good clean

the go over with a claybar

EGK24A
21-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Like above. Give the car a good clean. When you're done with that wipe it dry and park it in the shade.

Get some Polish and you can polish it right out. Apply the polish with a smooth cloth (clean one of course) or you can go buy a polishing pad. After you have polished it wipe over the polished area with a microfibre cloth. You will get an awesome finish! Be sure to do this in the shade though as results will be better.

Turtle Wax Polish won't harm your clear coat so I recommend this.

DO NOT USE A CUT AND POLISH

lilthug
21-02-2012, 01:29 PM
make sure all contaminates are cleaned off before polishing

or itl scratch up your paint

trism
21-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Polish won't do shit to remove sap and other stuff like that.

Only solution is to clay bar it.

Then polish it.

Then wax it.

dougie_504
21-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Try eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil. Then polish

Baboy
21-02-2012, 05:03 PM
You can use the following things to remove tree sap, in this order:
-Bug and tar remover (carried at any auto shop)
-Kerosene and a rag (put kerosene on rag, dab sap spot repeatedly)
-Gasoline and rag (same procedure as kerosene) As soon as the sap is removed, wash the area with soap and water, then wax it. (http://www.mobent.com/tree_sap.htm)

EGK24A
22-02-2012, 07:24 AM
I still dont think you need to go to the extend of sitting there with a clay bar... You can if you want as it will do the job. but polish has always worked on both my civic and my evo. Just use a decent brand polish and make sure that your car is clean as mentioned or else it will scratch your car.

But then again I am very clean with my cars. If there is something on it I will clean straight away. If the sap has been sitting there for months on end then you will probably need to use the clay bar or some bug and tar remover will work to.

good luck!

loveheart
29-03-2012, 07:57 PM
bug and tar remover will do the job..

akjdfnn
01-04-2012, 04:09 PM
meguirs "paint cleaner" is really good, just requires abit of elbow grease and microfibre towel...havn't used a claybar myself but i hear alot of good things