PDA

View Full Version : How do you wash your car?

CarCareProducts
24-02-2012, 03:10 PM
So we're curious..

How do you wash your car? What techniques do you use, and what products to do use?

aurnob88
29-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Basically the two bucket method with a off the shelf wash and wax (Some crappy brand). Then dry with a synthetic chamois.

Been to lazy to do any correction!

infurNOS
29-09-2012, 09:58 PM
I was my car with this:

http://static.productreview.com.au/pr.products/meguiars-ultimate-wash-n-wax_4d2e747856534.jpg

and apply with this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GWlPXx2DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And chamois it down dry.

I then wax the car with:

http://cf.mp-cdn.net/b8/bc/88f3aa5c1a8efe01a478e2a70e46.jpg

Once over with a microfiber cloth, and they over the car again until the wax is dry with another micrfiber cloth.

hkc
29-09-2012, 10:13 PM
I wet the car with a hose. Wash roof, boot, and hood with a sponge and auto glym car shampoo. Rinse off. Wash sides of car to the moldings next then rinse. Wash from moldings to side skirts next. Last of all the rims. This way you don't pick up road grime and scratch any upper surfaces.. Rinse again, then chamois dry. Hit it with Auto Glym high resin polish, finally Meguires Carruba wax twice :) job done

ctx
29-09-2012, 10:58 PM
I wait for it to rain then quickly park the car outside

aurnob88
29-09-2012, 11:01 PM
I wait for it to rain then quickly park the car outside

sounds legit

unl3a5h
29-09-2012, 11:15 PM
my cousins fiance owns zoom carwash on canterbury rd so i just take it down there and do it myself using his equipment takes about 5-10 minutes then the workers dry it and clean inside.

sensei_
29-09-2012, 11:52 PM
two bucket method.

rinse section to be washed with hose; soap up with car shampoo; rinse and repeat for all panels. starting from roof > bottom. after all sections done, i use a chamois to dry it.

i do my alloys first, and wheel arches first.

i have been thinking of using a water blade as it seems like a lot faster way to dry the car.

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 10:11 AM
two bucket method.

rinse section to be washed with hose; soap up with car shampoo; rinse and repeat for all panels. starting from roof > bottom. after all sections done, i use a chamois to dry it.

i do my alloys first, and wheel arches first.

i have been thinking of using a water blade as it seems like a lot faster way to dry the car.

You should offload that chamois of yours as every other technique you have is 100%.

Think of a water blade, think of rubber dragging along your paint and unfortunately will mar your paint very quickly :( Waffle Weave Drying Towel or Microfibre Chamois!

sensei_
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
thanks for the heads up. was thinking of opening a car detailing yard (operate from home) to supplement my income. since shifts at work are slow, and my personal project is slowing down.

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
thanks for the heads up. was thinking of opening a car detailing yard (operate from home) to supplement my income. since shifts at work are slow, and my personal project is slowing down.

consider attending a clinic for a bit more information and know how on the whole detailing thing. Great for the experienced or even inexperienced :)

DakDak
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi just a question,

I bought some Autoglym paint renovator. I was planning to remove the spider webs and craters I got in my paint.
I did it by hand, and there was little effect. I gave it a good whack. Then with the resin polish, extra gloss protection then wax.

Am I missing something?

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi just a question,

I bought some Autoglym paint renovator. I was planning to remove the spider webs and craters I got in my paint.
I did it by hand, and there was little effect. I gave it a good whack. Then with the resin polish, extra gloss protection then wax.

Am I missing something?

Hey mate,

To remove any spider webs/holograms etc off the paintwork (unsure what you mean by craters?) you would require a machine correction to remove this. Once this is done you only need to re-apply your protection (Wax/Synthetic Wax) on-going to protect the paint and give it some depth/gloss.

But with the products you used and by hand unfortunately you won't get much of a result due to the hard paintwork! Pre-90 model cars with acrylic maybe, but newer cars unfortunately not :(

DakDak
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

Just to clarify, I have a black jdm Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R. Is it true Jap paint is thinner? 1 coat black paint two coats clear?
As for craters I dont really know what they are called, but it looks like rain water droplets that have oxidised or something and left an imprint.

I think I'll borrow my mates buffer, and check out your buffing vids again.

Not really confident.

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

Just to clarify, I have a black jdm Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R. Is it true Jap paint is thinner? 1 coat black paint two coats clear?
As for craters I dont really know what they are called, but it looks like rain water droplets that have oxidised or something and left an imprint.

I think I'll borrow my mates buffer, and check out your buffing vids again.

Not really confident.

The marks in the paint are called water etch marks, and unfortunately you cannot always remove them 100%. Can be 10-95% once you machine correct the paintwork but its always hard to say how much you will remove.

Ensure you using a Dual Action Random Orbital so you cannot harm/burn the paintwork and take your time. The paint is thinner but you will have no problems for example with the DAS6 doing the work!

Remember to always clay prior to the correction/machine work to remove all contaminants off the paint if you have not done do within the last 8-12 months.

DakDak
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks a lot mate!

Hopefully I dont stuff it up.

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks a lot mate!

Hopefully I dont stuff it up.

All good! Need any help or instructions please just let us know!

curtis265
02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
here's what i do/what products i use

1. Hose it down to get the loose crap off (using water)

2. Soap up all the panels from top to bottom using teh 2 bucket method (cheapo soap, i think it's armor all wash and wax)

3. Soap up the windows using the 2 bucket method (same soap)

4. rinse off everything (water)

5. chamois it down, check for bits i missed, resoap and rinse those areas

6. soap up and rinse off the wheels (same soap). I just use a sponge for this, as it seems to work better than a specific "wheel brush"

7. apply wax (megs cleaner wax) and buff off

Sometimes i go a bit further and strip the wax with a little bit of detergent, clay it, then rewax it

butterfingers
02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
there are some minor pollution stains on the front and rear bumper. cant really tell but one you get in close, its like those smudge marks.

can i get this off with a hand polish?

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
here's what i do/what products i use

1. Hose it down to get the loose crap off (using water)

2. Soap up all the panels from top to bottom using teh 2 bucket method (cheapo soap, i think it's armor all wash and wax)

3. Soap up the windows using the 2 bucket method (same soap)

4. rinse off everything (water)

5. chamois it down, check for bits i missed, resoap and rinse those areas

6. soap up and rinse off the wheels (same soap). I just use a sponge for this, as it seems to work better than a specific "wheel brush"

7. apply wax (megs cleaner wax) and buff off

Sometimes i go a bit further and strip the wax with a little bit of detergent, clay it, then rewax it

By soaping you mean actually washing?

Few suggestions if i can!

You definitely should consider grabbing a good pH Neutral Wash (which is surprisingly cheap) but will also leave a better overall finish after rinsing/drying the car. A Microfibre Wash Mitt or Lambswool, and a Microfibre Chamois (not pva, or leather) or otherwise a Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel.

You only realistically need to clay every 8-12 months and also if you get a product with some good durability (6-10 months protection) you won't need to re-apply or "wax" the car that often. However a natural carnauba based wax would need to be re-applied every 2/3 months :)

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 01:05 PM
there are some minor pollution stains on the front and rear bumper. cant really tell but one you get in close, its like those smudge marks.

can i get this off with a hand polish?

Pollution stains? Do you have any pictures?

butterfingers
02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Pollution stains? Do you have any pictures?

its just some smudges that cant be washed off. very light

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 02:57 PM
smudges? could be great marks maybe? If its black likely could be tar/road grime and maybe use something like Stoner Tarminator to remove!

Get some good protection over the car to stop things from adhering as easily on the paintwork! :)

curtis265
02-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Cheers for that

I'll invest in a new soap after this one runs out lol.

I don't clay often, roughly once yearly.

i apply the wax roughly once a month, i like the feel of it.

CarCareProducts
02-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Cheers for that

I'll invest in a new soap after this one runs out lol.

I don't clay often, roughly once yearly.

i apply the wax roughly once a month, i like the feel of it.

Definitely on the right track then!

sensei_
02-10-2012, 03:18 PM
consider attending a clinic for a bit more information and know how on the whole detailing thing. Great for the experienced or even inexperienced :)

will do once i have some free time.

for now, autopia.org (http://www.autopia.org/forum/forum.php) is an awesome site for car detailing fanatics.

edit: also want to hear tips on detailing the insides.

for me its as follows:
a) clean dash with nice microfibre cloth
b) use a fine brush (rabbit fur) to get into all the nooks and crannies
c) strip off all seat covers, and get in the seams to get rid of dust/sand/crap
d) pull all floor mats out and do a through vacuum
e) brush the seat rails, and apply some grease to the chair tracks/bolts
f) brush the door gaps and anywhere else i may have missed

PHO
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Usually when the car is dirty its only a bit dusty or left over dirt from dried up rain.

Rinse car, high pressure house usually gets all the dirt off.

Two bucket method using merino wool mitt with zaino z7. Panel by panel top to bottom.

Dry off the car with a mircro fibre, dont like using a chamois, microfibre takes a while but oh well. wring it out every 5-10 seconds. lol

Every 2-4 weeks i'll wax it after with poorboys nattys blue.

PHO
02-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh and since i park inside now the wax lasts longer since it isn't always in the sun. So usually 1-2 months i wax now.

butterfingers
02-10-2012, 06:34 PM
smudges? could be great marks maybe? If its black likely could be tar/road grime and maybe use something like Stoner Tarminator to remove!

Get some good protection over the car to stop things from adhering as easily on the paintwork! :)

I wax twice a month.

I'm sure it's something a clay or a polish can get rid of. I just don't want to do any abrasive work myself.

curtis265
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Anyone here heard of ironx?

ctx
02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
I wax twice a month.

I'm sure it's something a clay or a polish can get rid of. I just don't want to do any abrasive work myself.

Twice a month? A bit much, or you just drive around a lot?

butterfingers
02-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Twice a month? A bit much, or you just drive around a lot?

no, but i only have a garage for the 11 hottest hours of the day, during night, i must move the car out so my rents use it.

as a precaution i wax and wash more often than someone who has the privilege of their own garage.

im meticulous like that, im not happy till my car is a mirror

ctx
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
no, but i only have a garage for the 11 hottest hours of the day, during night, i must move the car out so my rents use it.

as a precaution i wax and wash more often than someone who has the privilege of their own garage.

im meticulous like that, im not happy till my car is a mirror

I've had my wax on for 5 weeks, it's not as smooth now but still good. It's always parked outside, with a cover on almost all the time. Haven't washed since. And my car is black. It's holding up but maybe I'm just not meticulous like you :p I've given up on being too particular about it. I take the cover off for 15 minutes and a layer of dust is already visible.

butterfingers
03-10-2012, 09:33 AM
I've had my wax on for 5 weeks, it's not as smooth now but still good. It's always parked outside, with a cover on almost all the time. Haven't washed since. And my car is black. It's holding up but maybe I'm just not meticulous like you :p I've given up on being too particular about it. I take the cover off for 15 minutes and a layer of dust is already visible.

Last time I left it in a car port, a painting tipped over and was propped against my passenger side door. I blew a blood vessel.

sensei_
04-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Anyone had experience with the meguiars smooth surface quik clay kit?

CarCareProducts
04-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Usually when the car is dirty its only a bit dusty or left over dirt from dried up rain.

Rinse car, high pressure house usually gets all the dirt off.

Two bucket method using merino wool mitt with zaino z7. Panel by panel top to bottom.

Dry off the car with a mircro fibre, dont like using a chamois, microfibre takes a while but oh well. wring it out every 5-10 seconds. lol

Every 2-4 weeks i'll wax it after with poorboys nattys blue.

This guy is on a roll! haha. Try the new style waffle weaves, they are at least 40% more absorbent and not as painful haha!

CarCareProducts
04-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Anyone here heard of ironx?

Wolf's Chemicals Decon Gel (De-Ironizer) (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/wolfs_chemicals/brake_duster_wheel_cleaner)

CarCareProducts
04-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Carnauba Waxes (True Carnauba Premium Waxes that is) should be re-applied every 2/3 months for a Daily Driver.

Semi Synthetic Waxes (basically, semi carnauba, semi polymer/synethic) should be re-applied every 4/5 months for a Daily Driver.

Polymer Based Products (Such as Zaino, Duragloss, Wolfgang, Wolfs Chemicals etc) should be re-applied every 6-10 months depending on the product itself for a Daily Driver.

Differences, a synthetic will sheet more vs a carnauba and often leaves a very 'sharp' 'wet' 'reflective' finish (wet look) to the paintwork. A Premium Carnauba Wax such as Dodo Juice, Swissvax, Collinite, Autobrite, Wolfgang etc will add more depth and more for the enthusiasts and sometimes make a metallic pop more. You will find lighter colours look better from a synthetic for a wet look finish and darker from both synthetic or natural.

Washing wise we do recommend the following;

2 Bucket Method found here (http://howto.carcareproducts.com.au) - The reason this is for to avoid returning dirt you are washing off the car back onto the car and separating the dirt into another bucket.
A Microfibre or Genuine Lambswool Wash Mitt - again to capture any dirt in the fibres itself stopping it from dragging over the paintwork.
A Microfibre Chamois (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/microfibre_chamois) (NOT pva, NOT leather as they will mar your paint) - same as above, and gentle on the paint.
Softest option is a Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/microfibre_drying_towel_waffle_weave_x_large) to which you can avoid as much marring/damage on the paintwork during the drying process.
A pH Neutral Car Wash (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/all_brands/exterior/wash_and_maintain) is a must, and this is due to it being gentle enough not to remove your wax or synthetic wax protection from the paint but strong enough to wash the car thoroughly and leave it once again glossy and smooth!

Hope that helps you guys a bit. Just remember to replace everything least every year or 6-9 months to make sure you aren't harming the paintwork.

ctx
04-10-2012, 04:02 PM
CarCareProducts, what is your advice on swirl and scuff removal?

DC2-PWR
04-10-2012, 05:04 PM

There are so many DIY's on google and Youtube. Search it up :)

CarCareProducts
04-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Depending on condition as most cars are no longer acrylic paint you do require usually to machine to correct the paintwork - Check here in our how to. (http://howto.carcareproducts.com.au)

infurNOS
04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Can anyone suggest a good product to stop/slow down paint fading or the paint drying out?

aurnob88
04-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Can anyone suggest a good product to stop/slow down paint fading or the paint drying out?

Some sort of synthertic paint sealant or wax.

PHO
04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
So synth is better on lighter cars eh? My cars silver. I just like using carnauba for some reason. lol.

aurnob88
04-10-2012, 08:57 PM
So synth is better on lighter cars eh? My cars silver. I just like using carnauba for some reason. lol.

Not necessarily better. Just lasts longer and is more resistant, better beading etc. Can be easier to apply as well.

PHO
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Not necessarily better. Just lasts longer and is more resistant, better beading etc. Can be easier to apply as well.

Yeah i know the differences and such, was gonna zaino coat the whole car, but couldn't be bothered to go buy it. So just kept using the wax since I got tonnes left.
Was referring to this:

You will find lighter colours look better from a synthetic for a wet look finish and darker from both synthetic or natural.

aurnob88
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah i know the differences and such, was gonna zaino coat the whole car, but couldn't be bothered to go buy it. So just kept using the wax since I got tonnes left.
Was referring to this:

My .mistake

CarCareProducts
05-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Actually no and yes.

Synthetics tend to also have a sheeting effect as well, and different sizes of beads but you also can find this in certain waxes as well.

A Synthetic will offer more "Wet look finish" which myself personally i think works best for Lighter Colours as lets be honest, what depth will you achieve from a lighter colour like white?! haha.

CarCareProducts
05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Was referring to this:

If you like waxing, keep waxing! Summer i usually go a wax myself (with an undercoat of duragloss or wolfs underneath) and during winter i stick to synthetic as i am lazy haha!

Tosies
05-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Anyone know how to prevent Milano red from fading? Any special products?

Cheers

CarCareProducts
05-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Anyone know how to prevent Milano red from fading? Any special products?

Cheers

tosies;

Any good wax or good synthetic product will protect and stop it from fading. Just maintain and look after the paint and it'll look after you!

infurNOS
05-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Any good wax or good synthetic product

Suggestions on good products?

CarCareProducts
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Suggestions on good products?

Depends what you like.

Take note, if you have not clayed within past 12 months i'd recommend to do so.

Clay Kit (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/all_brands/exterior/clay_bars_and_kits)

Synthetic;
Duragloss Pack (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/paint_protection_pack)
Wolfs Chemicals Body Wrap (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/wolfs_chemicals/nano_paint_seal_body_wrap)
Zaino (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/zaino)
Nanolex (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/nanolex)

Waxes;

Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid (Semi synthetic, semi carnauba (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/dodo_juice/supernatural_hybrid)) - Use Lime Prime Cleanser or Lime Prime Lite Cleanser prior to application is a must! Pack here (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/dodo_juice/two_birds_half_cut)
Dodo Juice Wax Range (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/dodo_juice) in general - Use Lime Prime Cleanser or Lime Prime Lite Cleanser prior to application is a must!
P21S Wax (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/p21s)
Swissvax Wax (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/swissvax)

Synthetic Wax; Collinite 476S (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/collinite/double_coat_wax_476) or Marque D'Elegance. (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/collinite/marque_d%E2%80%99elegance_915)

Just remember, maintenance is the key thing. You use a sponge you mar the paint during washing, you use a chamois and you mar the paint whilst drying!

A good Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel with a Microfibre or Lambswool Wash Mitt, the Two Bucket Method (http://howto.carcareproducts.com.au), pH Neutral Wash so you do not remove the protection off the paint and your car will keep looking good as long as it can!

I would recommend these packs if you wanted to bundle things;

Basic Wash Pack - Includes; pH Neutral Wash, Soft Microfibre Wash Mitt, Soft Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel and 303 Aerospace Protectant for your interior trim/dash/doors etc. (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/wash_pack-0)

Basic Wash Pack - Includes; pH Neutral Wash, Soft Microfibre Wash Mitt, Soft Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel and Duragloss Aquawax Protection for weekly maintenance and added gloss. (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/wash_pack)

Essentials Kit (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiast_wash_essentials)

And

Total Wash Essentials (full sha-bam kit!) (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiasts_total_essentials)

Hope that helps! :)

infurNOS
05-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow thanks for that info.

If i PM or email you some items i need, do you think you can bundle them up for me at a special price?

CarCareProducts
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Wow thanks for that info.

If i PM or email you some items i need, do you think you can bundle them up for me at a special price?

All kits itself are bundled already so they save you actually quite a lot than individually purchasing them! If you also use "ozhonda" that'll give you 10% discount on anything thats discountable (almost all!).

Welcome to email or can go directly online and put your order through if you like www.CarCareProducts.com.au (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au)

aurnob88
05-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Depends what you like.

Take note, if you have not clayed within past 12 months i'd recommend to do so.

Clay Kit (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/all_brands/exterior/clay_bars_and_kits)

Synthetic;
Duragloss Pack (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/paint_protection_pack)
Wolfs Chemicals Body Wrap (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/wolfs_chemicals/nano_paint_seal_body_wrap)
Zaino (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/zaino)
Nanolex (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/nanolex)

Waxes;

Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid (Semi synthetic, semi carnauba (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/dodo_juice/supernatural_hybrid)) - Use Lime Prime Cleanser or Lime Prime Lite Cleanser prior to application is a must! Pack here (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/dodo_juice/two_birds_half_cut)
Dodo Juice Wax Range (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/dodo_juice) in general - Use Lime Prime Cleanser or Lime Prime Lite Cleanser prior to application is a must!
P21S Wax (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/p21s)
Swissvax Wax (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/products/swissvax)

Synthetic Wax; Collinite 476S (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/collinite/double_coat_wax_476) or Marque D'Elegance. (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/collinite/marque_d%E2%80%99elegance_915)

Just remember, maintenance is the key thing. You use a sponge you mar the paint during washing, you use a chamois and you mar the paint whilst drying!

A good Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel with a Microfibre or Lambswool Wash Mitt, the Two Bucket Method (http://howto.carcareproducts.com.au), pH Neutral Wash so you do not remove the protection off the paint and your car will keep looking good as long as it can!

I would recommend these packs if you wanted to bundle things;

Basic Wash Pack - Includes; pH Neutral Wash, Soft Microfibre Wash Mitt, Soft Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel and 303 Aerospace Protectant for your interior trim/dash/doors etc. (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/wash_pack-0)

Basic Wash Pack - Includes; pH Neutral Wash, Soft Microfibre Wash Mitt, Soft Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel and Duragloss Aquawax Protection for weekly maintenance and added gloss. (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/wash_pack)

Essentials Kit (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiast_wash_essentials)

And

Total Wash Essentials (full sha-bam kit!) (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiasts_total_essentials)

Hope that helps! :)

Looks sweet. still awaiting on my pay to buy the full kit.
Just wanted to ask, I'm sure you've heard of sealant and wax layering and also using some kind of bonding agent to get the best protection for your sealant.

What would you recommend. I'm one of those guys who loves reading about detailing but when I gotta wax my car every month gives me the shits.

What kind of sealant/sealant bonding agent do you recomend. I saw some products on your site before.

CarCareProducts
05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Looks sweet. still awaiting on my pay to buy the full kit.
Just wanted to ask, I'm sure you've heard of sealant and wax layering and also using some kind of bonding agent to get the best protection for your sealant.

What would you recommend. I'm one of those guys who loves reading about detailing but when I gotta wax my car every month gives me the shits.

What kind of sealant/sealant bonding agent do you recomend. I saw some products on your site before.

Go the Duragloss Pack as that'll protect for 6-8 months at a time! Very easy, the kit has everything you need.

JUst remember, as i said you have to make sure you wash it with the right technique and a good ph wash!

aurnob88
05-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Go the Duragloss Pack as that'll protect for 6-8 months at a time! Very easy, the kit has everything you need.

JUst remember, as i said you have to make sure you wash it with the right technique and a good ph wash!

Well aware. Already watched all your YouTube vids and numerous others

CarCareProducts
05-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Well aware. Already watched all your YouTube vids and numerous others

Get to it then.. weekend is almost here! tgif!

aurnob88
05-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Fast Clean and shine.
Aquawax.

What's the go . Difference?

CarCareProducts
08-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Fast Clean and shine.
Aquawax.

What's the go . Difference?

Fast Clean & Shine is a quick detailer to be used when the car is dry as a final touch!

Aquawax is used after you rinse before you dry as another maintenance coat which also like a quick detailer adds depth and gloss. But easier to use in the sense of, spray on whilst wet and dry off with the product on the car.

PHO
10-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Best claybar?

CarCareProducts
11-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Best claybar?

PHO;

Preferably one that is from US or ultimately its said the Japanese are the best.

Clay Magic, Dodo Juice and 3M Clay Bars are from Japan - same grade all 3, personally me i prefer the Dodo.

Zaino & Mint Clay Bar is a US Clay Bar which is also very good.

The other "off shelf" clay bars are chinese poly-clay which if you were comparing its like chalk an cheese; in the fact of how easy contaminants come off, more chance to mar your paint with the cheaper clay bars and longevity of the clay bars from Japan & the US.

It is VERY important to use a good Clay specific lubricant however. Quick Detailers contain glossing/sealing agents which is contraindicative to what you are actually doing. The clay is to remove contaminants and remove product off the paintwork, not to actually "seal" the paint! We tend to recommend 49 Shine Clay Lubricant, or Born Slippy Concentrate from Dodo Juice

DvS-
11-10-2012, 06:04 PM
My car is sealed with Duragloss 105 Polish.

Routine wash i:

-Snow foam
-Rinse
-2 bucket wash
-Rinse
-Dry with microfibre towel

aurnob88
11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120991403788?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

hows this?

CarCareProducts
12-10-2012, 08:00 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120991403788?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

hows this?

We wouldn't be able to say what it is like as we have never used it, best to ask the seller to see where it comes from.

The Mint Clay Bar (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/grey_clay_bar_fine) is $19.95 less 10% discount for members as well, or $27.95 (less discount again) for Lube & Clay bar for reference :)

sensei_
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Any experiences with the 3M clay bar?

curtis265
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
how do you feel about claying with normal (carwash) soapy water

aurnob88
12-10-2012, 12:38 PM
We wouldn't be able to say what it is like as we have never used it, best to ask the seller to see where it comes from.

The Mint Clay Bar (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/grey_clay_bar_fine) is $19.95 less 10% discount for members as well, or $27.95 (less discount again) for Lube & Clay bar for reference :)

Meant to be a good fine grade claybar. SOld by a detailer who used to post on these forums, owns ReflectEffect

CarCareProducts
12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
how do you feel about claying with normal (carwash) soapy water

I wouldn't really recommend to do so. Reason is that the washes tend to have "glossing" agents inside like also QD's. As well as if it does dry on your paint you can also create water spotting.

CarCareProducts
12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Any experiences with the 3M clay bar?

3M Clay Bar is a Japanese made clay and is very good. Clay Magic & Dodo Juice also just as good quality is the same.

Off record, i think clay magic and 3m are identical, same colour, same packaging and grade and both from japan. Bit suspicious!

CarCareProducts
12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Meant to be a good fine grade claybar. SOld by a detailer who used to post on these forums, owns ReflectEffect

If its from Dave contact him and ask him, he is very good and chooses his products carefully

CarCareProducts
12-10-2012, 02:06 PM
My car is sealed with Duragloss 105 Polish.

Routine wash i:

-Snow foam
-Rinse
-2 bucket wash
-Rinse
-Dry with microfibre towel

Perfect! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::D

aurnob88
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Perfect! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::D

If only we could all afford snow foam

CarCareProducts
12-10-2012, 02:15 PM
If only we could all afford snow foam

Haha.

But you do not need to use it what so ever.

I myself, 2 Bucket Wash with currently Dodo Juice Born to Be Mild (one of my favs), MF Mitt and a MF Waffle Weave to Dry and thats my weekly! I snow foamed the other day for some new website photos, first time in about 8 months!

DakDak
14-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Over the this weekend I attempted restoring the paint work on my car.
Got a decent result but I want perfection.

Using my mates 240mm orbital, I used Meguiars medium cut and autoglym super resin polish, then meguiars ultimate wax.

I can still see spiders webs but they're not as obvious.

Im thinking of using a wool bonnet to cut the paint deeper, because the two bonnets he gave me, a microfibre one and something that I thought was wool didnt really work.

Good idea or not?

infurNOS
14-10-2012, 04:39 PM
just googled snow foam...wow.

aurnob88
14-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Over the this weekend I attempted restoring the paint work on my car.
Got a decent result but I want perfection.

Using my mates 240mm orbital, I used Meguiars medium cut and autoglym super resin polish, then meguiars ultimate wax.

I can still see spiders webs but they're not as obvious.

Im thinking of using a wool bonnet to cut the paint deeper, because the two bonnets he gave me, a microfibre one and something that I thought was wool didnt really work.

Good idea or not?

Maybe time for a rotary or yeah a more severe cutting pad and compound or one of either . And try a filler mabe

sensei_
14-10-2012, 05:53 PM
just googled snow foam...wow.

same. and here i was thinking how those guys in malaysia get their cars to be white with soap suds before hosing it down. now i know.

always learn new stuff everyday

CarCareProducts
15-10-2012, 08:35 AM
same. and here i was thinking how those guys in malaysia get their cars to be white with soap suds before hosing it down. now i know.

always learn new stuff everyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6vcAzVkJW0&feature=share&list=UURjkWDipzDC0JAJ_rAgAafg

CarCareProducts
15-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Maybe time for a rotary or yeah a more severe cutting pad and compound or one of either . And try a filler mabe

Actually no.

DakDak,

How strong is the orbital? As you can easily use a Surbuf Microfibre Pad (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/speciality_brands/surbuf_microfibre_buffing_pads) which will offer a lot more cut for you, plus i wouldnt recommend using the SRP from autoglym as this will only "hide marks" as its an AIO (all in one). All the effort you are putting in just do it right in one hit and just follow on to protect it!

Just remember, its how you wash your car which cause those marks!

DakDak
15-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Actually no.

DakDak,

How strong is the orbital? As you can easily use a Surbuf Microfibre Pad (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/speciality_brands/surbuf_microfibre_buffing_pads) which will offer a lot more cut for you, plus i wouldnt recommend using the SRP from autoglym as this will only "hide marks" as its an AIO (all in one). All the effort you are putting in just do it right in one hit and just follow on to protect it!

Just remember, its how you wash your car which cause those marks!

Its a 110w or 120w orbital a Rockwell Super cheap one.
Im thinking of using Meguiars Swirl remover 2.0, do you rate it?

This is the method, I've been using to clean my car:
- Rinse with garden hose on jet lol
- Meguiars Soft gel wash or Mothers car wash
- Two bucket method
-Microfibre noodle mit
- I use to chamois dry but now I got a big microfibre towel [ wish I got the waffe weave instead ]

I suspect my chamois was making marks in my paint. Even when I had my dc5r with a fresh respray evo mr grey it had scratches! >:[

Also with snow foam do I have to have a gerni?

The pads you linked are in 6.5 as their largest. The RO i got is 240mm =( and Im not too sure if I can take it off.

CarCareProducts
15-10-2012, 09:08 AM
DakDak,

You definitely need something stronger than that! :(

Swirl Remover 2.0 to be honest won't give you the result i think that you are wanting to achieve. You need a bit more cut by the sounds of things! Do you have 105?

In order to make things a little easier for you;

- Wash with APC (All Purpose Cleaner) - This is to remove any product that is on the vehicle itself pre-detailing (think of it as a "dewax")
- Clay Bar the car! - This is a MUST and if you have not done so within 12 months is highly recommended! Also this will leave the paint feeling like glass and avoid any chance of the pads collecting any contaminants and dragging it over the paints surface causing more marring!
- Machine Correction is the usual way now, as our paints nowadays are impossible to do anything by hand. For products who 'claim' it works, this is false and they are "AIO" (all in ones) which hide/mask/protect and add gloss but wear off after 4-6 washes making you have to 're-apply' again afterwards and continually (great marketing!)
- Protect with a good Synthetic Wax (Polymer) or Premium Carnauba Wax. Just note a wax does require to be re-apply every 2-3 months for a daily driver, and a synthetic every 6-12+ months. If you do use a wax, always be sure to use a pre-wax cleanser as most contain cleaners as well as glazing oils which will really add to the final finish of your wax coating! - 2 Coats is more than enough, and thin ones at that! Do not cake it on, the result is no better.

To Wash - MF Mitt, 2 buckets + pH Neutral Shampoo! - To dry, Microfibre Chamois or Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel!

Chamois & Sponge will scratch / mar the paint :(

DakDak
15-10-2012, 10:08 AM
DakDak,

You definitely need something stronger than that! :(

Swirl Remover 2.0 to be honest won't give you the result i think that you are wanting to achieve. You need a bit more cut by the sounds of things! Do you have 105?

In order to make things a little easier for you;

- Wash with APC (All Purpose Cleaner) - This is to remove any product that is on the vehicle itself pre-detailing (think of it as a "dewax")
- Clay Bar the car! - This is a MUST and if you have not done so within 12 months is highly recommended! Also this will leave the paint feeling like glass and avoid any chance of the pads collecting any contaminants and dragging it over the paints surface causing more marring!
- Machine Correction is the usual way now, as our paints nowadays are impossible to do anything by hand. For products who 'claim' it works, this is false and they are "AIO" (all in ones) which hide/mask/protect and add gloss but wear off after 4-6 washes making you have to 're-apply' again afterwards and continually (great marketing!)
- Protect with a good Synthetic Wax (Polymer) or Premium Carnauba Wax. Just note a wax does require to be re-apply every 2-3 months for a daily driver, and a synthetic every 6-12+ months. If you do use a wax, always be sure to use a pre-wax cleanser as most contain cleaners as well as glazing oils which will really add to the final finish of your wax coating! - 2 Coats is more than enough, and thin ones at that! Do not cake it on, the result is no better.

To Wash - MF Mitt, 2 buckets + pH Neutral Shampoo! - To dry, Microfibre Chamois or Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel!

Chamois & Sponge will scratch / mar the paint :(

Thanks for your great advice. I was thinking about trying a wool bonnet, the meguiars medium cut but using the swirl remover in place of the SRP.
I'll try that, and if it doesnt work I'll buy something more powerful.

Thanks agian. I'll never use a chamois on my car ever again.

CarCareProducts
15-10-2012, 10:13 AM
DadDak, definitely no wool mate! too strong, you can burn the paint so please be careful!

ctx
15-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm looking to buy a random orbital buffer to apply swirl removal compound..Where can I find one for cheap? (ie. around $50?)

CarCareProducts
15-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm looking to buy a random orbital buffer to apply swirl removal compound..Where can I find one for cheap? (ie. around $50?)

To be blunt, you will get miniscule if no result at all with something that will be priced around that. :(

aurnob88
15-10-2012, 03:32 PM
To be blunt, you will get miniscule if no result at all with something that will be priced around that. :(

What's the difference

CarCareProducts
15-10-2012, 03:46 PM
What's the difference

Basically the power, the rotation, oscillation (if any), and the ability overall to do anything to the paint itself. You have to remember all cars these days are not acrylic soft paints! They are all sprayed by robots with high quality paints for durability/longevity.

Something relative to that cost would be more a "product spreader" vs something that can correct/rejuvenate that paintwork for you. The DAS6 and DAS6 Pro (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiast_random_orbital_kit)are the machines that give you the ability to correct and repair the paintwork removing the holograms, swirls/marring/spider web marks commonly found on cars.

So comes down how far you want to go and how perfect you want the car.

PHO
15-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Recommended apc?

ctx
15-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Basically the power, the rotation, oscillation (if any), and the ability overall to do anything to the paint itself. You have to remember all cars these days are not acrylic soft paints! They are all sprayed by robots with high quality paints for durability/longevity.

Something relative to that cost would be more a "product spreader" vs something that can correct/rejuvenate that paintwork for you. The DAS6 and DAS6 Pro (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiast_random_orbital_kit)are the machines that give you the ability to correct and repair the paintwork removing the holograms, swirls/marring/spider web marks commonly found on cars.

So comes down how far you want to go and how perfect you want the car.

Hmm, what kind of voltage of orbital buffer would I be looking at for removing swirls? I really want to remove swirls and scuffing from my paint. Doing it by hand is a killer.

r3ckless
16-10-2012, 06:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6vcAzVkJW0&feature=share&list=UURjkWDipzDC0JAJ_rAgAafg

Whenyou sprayed teh QD'd, was the car still wet, or did you dry the car firs,t then spray QD?

let it laod again.. so you used a spraywax whilst the car was wet... whats teh product called mate?

CarCareProducts
16-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Hmm, what kind of voltage of orbital buffer would I be looking at for removing swirls? I really want to remove swirls and scuffing from my paint. Doing it by hand is a killer.

A minimum of at least 350w +

CarCareProducts
16-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Recommended apc?

Mint APC (All Purpose Cleaner) (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/apc) - remember you dilute this down.

CarCareProducts
16-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Whenyou sprayed teh QD'd, was the car still wet, or did you dry the car firs,t then spray QD?

let it laod again.. so you used a spraywax whilst the car was wet... whats teh product called mate?

The product used whilst the car was wet is Duragloss Aquawax (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/aquawax) - Basically you wash, rinse, spray on the car whilst wet and dry off with your MF towel/MF chamois.

infurNOS
16-10-2012, 03:25 PM
How long does the snow foam last before you need a refill?

How many cars could it cover

CarCareProducts
16-10-2012, 03:34 PM
How long does the snow foam last before you need a refill?

How many cars could it cover

It really depends! 1 Litre bottle of snowfoam/water solution can do 2-3 cars easily. It depends on you the user how much you use. Ideally 500ml bottle should do an easy 20 cars but some people go a bit crazy!

lolmclol
16-10-2012, 03:50 PM
+1

used the waffle towels I ordered and which arrived within 3 business days.

they're really absorbent, better than expected o.o

CarCareProducts
16-10-2012, 03:53 PM
3 days! Where abouts are you located?! wow! haha

lolmclol
16-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Perth :-)

Tried to rep you man but ... You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

lolmclol
16-10-2012, 03:59 PM
100% impressed, thoughtful packing, quick postage, top notch product, decent pricing.

+1

CarCareProducts
16-10-2012, 04:06 PM
100% impressed, thoughtful packing, quick postage, top notch product, decent pricing.

+1

Thanks for the comments. Perth is fair enough, usually 2-3 day service over which is unfortunate. We do occasionally send via express but we do have restrictions with size of products and type of course as well unfortunately! :(

PHO
17-10-2012, 02:37 PM
SlowWay couriers sure like to take their time on bringing the stuff from the depot to my house.

aurnob88
17-10-2012, 02:57 PM
What's your opinion on the Kenwood random orbitals

CarCareProducts
18-10-2012, 10:33 AM
What's your opinion on the Kenwood random orbitals

Better for wood than paint thats for sure.

I would suggest maybe the DAS6 Kit with Menzerna Pads & Menzerna Polishes (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiast_random_orbital_kit), as it may end up saving you some money being only $239.95 having everything you need to correct your paint work!

aurnob88
18-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Better for wood than paint thats for sure.

I would suggest maybe the DAS6 Kit with Menzerna Pads & Menzerna Polishes (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiast_random_orbital_kit), as it may end up saving you some money being only $239.95 having everything you need to correct your paint work!

yeah tis what i intend to buy when the money permits. u should make a comprehensive kit with the das6, menzerna, and wash/clothes/wax/detailing kit

CarCareProducts
18-10-2012, 10:52 AM
yeah tis what i intend to buy when the money permits. u should make a comprehensive kit with the das6, menzerna, and wash/clothes/wax/detailing kit

We have thought about it, but the problem being so many people choose very different finishing things. It would contain to many different options and become to complicated!

dc2screama
18-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Hey mate I'm waiting for you to reply to my pm's..

CarCareProducts
18-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Hey mate I'm waiting for you to reply to my pm's..

All PM's have been replied to?!

PHO
18-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Just received my two largeish orders from ccp. Love the way you pack the stuff in there! Real good. Will recommend.

And thanks for the upgrade in the second order (Y) :thumbsup:

PHO
18-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Man this super big weave drying towel is a bitch to wring out. Other than that. Super absorbant (Y)

lolmclol
18-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Man this super big weave drying towel is a bitch to wring out. Other than that. Super absorbant (Y)

mate

you so copied me with the towel.

towel is now god though :D

PHO
18-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Biatchhh. I probably bought like 5x more stuff than you. LOL.

Nah the towel is fkn awesome. Beats a microfibre that needs to be wringed out every 5 seconds.

PHO
19-10-2012, 01:54 AM
MINT APC = Awesome

That is all.

infurNOS
24-10-2012, 02:23 PM
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/303_products/aerospace_protectant

can this be used on paint?

infurNOS
24-10-2012, 02:32 PM
also what would you suggest, i want a new car wash

should i get the minte bath car wash shampoo or the Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate

want to keep my paint shiny and prevent fade! (paint is 11 years old and already in good condition but i can see the roof starting to dry out)

CarCareProducts
25-10-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/303_products/aerospace_protectant

can this be used on paint?

I am unsure why you would want to use this on paint as its for plastic/rubber/vinyl only?

CarCareProducts
25-10-2012, 08:23 AM
also what would you suggest, i want a new car wash

should i get the minte bath car wash shampoo or the Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate

want to keep my paint shiny and prevent fade! (paint is 11 years old and already in good condition but i can see the roof starting to dry out)

If the car is fading now it probably does require a machine polish, to which you can protect after with a wax or synthetic sealant.

Wash wise, either or but just remember 2 buckets, a good mf mitt and a soft mf drying towel :)

CarCareProducts
09-11-2012, 10:19 AM
How many of us use a high pressure cleaner?

dc2screama
09-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Sometimes^

infurNOS
09-11-2012, 11:27 AM
How many of us use a high pressure cleaner?

Looking at purchasing one...why?

RenzokukenJ
09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Autoglym shampoo
Claybar
Autoglym resin polish
Meguires paint restoration polish
Meguires quick wax

sensei_
09-11-2012, 12:35 PM
will a high pressure gun harm the paint. some of the better units are pretty powerful, and may have a "cutting" action

butterfingers
11-11-2012, 02:27 PM
will a high pressure gun harm the paint. some of the better units are pretty powerful, and may have a "cutting" action

Idk man. I tend to hold the gun a good meter away.

sensei_
11-11-2012, 02:52 PM
i think most people do, unless you want the water to ricochet back onto you :p

i myself used to use a high pressure water gun, and found that i use way too much water, these days, i just use a normal hose, 2 bucket and lots of elbow grease.

butterfingers
12-11-2012, 08:45 AM
wtf is this pre-soak shit?

i tried it and it just left my paint all faded in patches. what the ****. in need of immediate cut and polish. what the ****.

****ing skitzing it right now.

CarCareProducts
12-11-2012, 09:47 AM
You can definitely use a high pressure washer and you will find it uses less water and definitely cleans the surface of the paint a lot safer and easier! Safe to use of course if you are using from a reasonable distance (min 60cm+ i would say!). Especially easier if your car has wax or synthetic wax for protection!

butterfingers, what happened?

butterfingers
12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Due to circumstances I had to use a self serve wash bay. I thought pre soak was the same as "hosing car down before wash"

Pink shit came out and afterward I found that all the wax had been stripped and left a sun faded look to the car. Also left streaks of lighter color drip marks

DakDak
12-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Dont go to those places. I have a feeling all the chemicals they buy are cheap and nasty. Not ph neutral stripping wax etc off.

I waxed my car about a month ago and I remember going there about 2 weeks or 1 week ago just to rinse. There was probably some left over acid in the hose because it looks as though my wax and hard effort has disintegrated ... The cars surface is no longer hydrophobic e.g beading water.

CarCareProducts
12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I would recommend if you DO go to a car wash is to use rinse only. But take in mind guys this is "Recycled" water from their system on-going due to the requirements/regulations they need to meet.

Ensure you let it run for a good 30s or so+ to allow only water to come and only use the rinse! Best to go late at night to do your two bucket wash and use your own product as you will have a cleaner car, keep it protected and not damage your wax/synthetic wax!

But if your paint faded so quickly, its probably needing a good machine polish and a decent sealant/wax to protect the paint! :)

CarCareProducts
12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I would recommend if you DO go to a car wash is to use rinse only. But take in mind guys this is "Recycled" water from their system on-going due to the requirements/regulations they need to meet.

Ensure you let it run for a good 30s or so+ to allow only water to come and only use the rinse! Best to go late at night to do your two bucket wash and use your own product as you will have a cleaner car, keep it protected and not damage your wax/synthetic wax!

But if your paint faded so quickly, its probably needing a good machine polish and a decent sealant/wax to protect the paint! :)

butterfingers
12-11-2012, 02:15 PM
So your saying my showroom shine has been a cover up this whole time?

Oh meguiars you tricky bastard

CarCareProducts
12-11-2012, 04:11 PM
So your saying my showroom shine has been a cover up this whole time?

Oh meguiars you tricky bastard

Haha no. Its more the case of certain products tend not to last as they long as they say (in general, 'products' not a brand specific....) So you may find after a few washes or a strong wash that the products wear off so you have to re-apply again and again!

butterfingers
13-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Haha no. Its more the case of certain products tend not to last as they long as they say (in general, 'products' not a brand specific....) So you may find after a few washes or a strong wash that the products wear off so you have to re-apply again and again!

im sure that bloody pre-soak chemical stripped it all off in one wash lol

DakDak
16-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey man you reckon I can get a Microfibre waffle weave towel but without the exy $15 postage?

Im happy to have it in a normal envelope.

CarCareProducts
19-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey man you reckon I can get a Microfibre waffle weave towel but without the exy $15 postage?

Im happy to have it in a normal envelope.

dakdak,

Shipping to Sydney local isnt $15 unless you are ordering a few other things! What else are you ordering? - Unfortunately our shipping costs cover the courier charges which is cheaper than post. If you are local swing on by through Five Dock one day or weekend?

DakDak
19-11-2012, 08:32 AM
I live in South Wild West and work in Minto so I wont be able to come in on a weekday maybe weekend.

I'll have another look at the website maybe I did something wrong.

Thanks.

curtis265
19-11-2012, 08:35 AM
I use my pressure washer to get the loose stuff off if it's extremely dirty. Works well for brake dust and exhaust soot. It's also got a soap attachment but i don' thave snow foam, and i don't think it will ever outdo a legit sponge

Oh btw i got lots of little bits of tree sap stuck on it, how do i get it off? Clay? What about bigger chunks (1mm dia)

DakDak
19-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Claybar and elbow grease.

aurnob88
20-11-2012, 11:43 AM
I've read around that a cheap option to using quick detailer when claybarring is instead to use detergent soap as a lubricant for the claybar. So basically have detergent with water on the surgace and claybar the paint.

CarCareProducts
20-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I've read around that a cheap option to using quick detailer when claybarring is instead to use detergent soap as a lubricant for the claybar. So basically have detergent with water on the surgace and claybar the paint.

Few things to note;

Quick Detailers contain glossing agents/polymers which seal the paint and add gloss (obviously) - So realistically you are contradicting the work you do here, do you want to strip the product off the car and contaminants or seal it in?

Detergents again, most being quite strong can stain the paintwork if they dry up and also cause staining on rubbers if left on to long or actually even short periods. The reason being is you are not using the product to its actual intention and using a different dilution at most times if you attempt to use it with a clay

Using a TRUE clay lubricant will make things very easy, prolong the life of the clay and not damage the paintwork in any way.

curtis265
20-11-2012, 12:00 PM
I am being stingy and I've been using $10 claybar with soapy water to do it too.

it does a pretty good job, compared to the mothers kit i used the other day, the bar didn't seem aggressive enough as the surface still felt a bit rough after i was done.

Few things to note;

Quick Detailers contain glossing agents/polymers which seal the paint and add gloss (obviously) - So realistically you are contradicting the work you do here, do you want to strip the product off the car and contaminants or seal it in?

Detergents again, most being quite strong can stain the paintwork if they dry up and also cause staining on rubbers if left on to long or actually even short periods. The reason being is you are not using the product to its actual intention and using a different dilution at most times if you attempt to use it with a clay

Using a TRUE clay lubricant will make things very easy, prolong the life of the clay and not damage the paintwork in any way.

if you say that it can strip the gloss product off the paint, wouldn't it be OK if u were to just add a glaze over the surface then? And if so, w hat glaze do you recommend? II find my super waxy feel only lasts about 4 weeks before the water stops beading nicely

CarCareProducts
20-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I am being stingy and I've been using $10 claybar with soapy water to do it too.

it does a pretty good job, compared to the mothers kit i used the other day, the bar didn't seem aggressive enough as the surface still felt a bit rough after i was done.

if you say that it can strip the gloss product off the paint, wouldn't it be OK if u were to just add a glaze over the surface then? And if so, w hat glaze do you recommend? II find my super waxy feel only lasts about 4 weeks before the water stops beading nicely

You will find that the quality of clay bar you used is likely to be a chinese polyclay which are not very good and do not do much to the paint in contamination removal.

The better clay bars on the market if you wish to say are made in Japan and the US.

ctx
20-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey there CCP, what kind of synthetic waxes do you stock? I'm looking to get one for my black car. Cheers!

curtis265
20-11-2012, 12:13 PM
You will find that the quality of clay bar you used is likely to be a chinese polyclay which are not very good and do not do much to the paint in contamination removal.

The better clay bars on the market if you wish to say are made in Japan and the US.
it certainly picked up more than the mothers car i used the other day

I bought it from the trader Platinum Visuals a while ago

aurnob88
20-11-2012, 12:33 PM
i bought a chinese claybar for 4 bux the other day. i shall experiment with it and see how it goes. bought it for the sake of cheapness. i'll just use a more severe car wash solution i have and give it a go.

CarCareProducts
20-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Hey there CCP, what kind of synthetic waxes do you stock? I'm looking to get one for my black car. Cheers!

Collinite 476S
Autoglym HD Wax
Duragloss 601+105 Combination
Duragloss 111
Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid (Semi synthetic and semi natural)
Wolfs Hard Body (coating)
Nanolex (coating)
22PLE (coating)

We have quite a lot actually :)

How long did you want to have before you need to re-apply? And whats the condition of the paint in.

ctx
20-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Collinite 476S
Autoglym HD Wax
Duragloss 601+105 Combination
Duragloss 111
Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid (Semi synthetic and semi natural)
Wolfs Hard Body (coating)
Nanolex (coating)
22PLE (coating)

We have quite a lot actually :)

How long did you want to have before you need to re-apply? And whats the condition of the paint in.

Hey thanks for the quick response. Ideally, I'd like the longest lasting one so I don't have to keep re-applying it too often. The condition of the paint is excellent for a 12 year old car (I get comments all the time about how new the car still looks), but swirls everywhere.

RenzokukenJ
20-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Hmmm i have the same issue, however my paint is white, but not shiney.. no matter how much polishing i do it doesnt shine for very long..

i was thinking of getting autoglym hd wax but dunno.. so expensive haha

what would you suggest?

CarCareProducts
26-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Hmmm i have the same issue, however my paint is white, but not shiney.. no matter how much polishing i do it doesnt shine for very long..

i was thinking of getting autoglym hd wax but dunno.. so expensive haha

what would you suggest?

Renzo, what do you use, and what colour is your car and condition of the paintwork?

DakDak
26-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Hey carcare,

I cut polished and waxed my car about a month ago. Now it looks like crap :-( i use mf mits and towels. Mothers car wash. What gives?

Should of got a different colour car its black. All the spiders webs came back

CarCareProducts
26-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Hey carcare,

I cut polished and waxed my car about a month ago. Now it looks like crap :-( i use mf mits and towels. Mothers car wash. What gives?

Should of got a different colour car its black. All the spiders webs came back

dakdak, what products did you use?

DakDak
26-11-2012, 09:45 AM
For the cut and polish i used meguairs medium cut and swirl remover 2.0 for the polish. Mother california clay bar with quik detailer. Then meguairs ultimate wax. It all looked great initially.

CarCareProducts
26-11-2012, 09:52 AM
For the cut and polish i used meguairs medium cut and swirl remover 2.0 for the polish. Mother california clay bar with quik detailer. Then meguairs ultimate wax. It all looked great initially.

Did you do this by hand or machine?

DakDak
26-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Machine. 1300w rotary buffer.

RenzokukenJ
26-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Renzo, what do you use, and what colour is your car and condition of the paintwork?

I use

Autoglym car shampoo
Meguires clay bar with quick detailer
Meguires paint restorer
Autoglym resin polish
Meguires quick wax

Must be the wax

White car, paint isnt too bad

CarCareProducts
27-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Machine. 1300w rotary buffer.

I do hope you have experience! :) As you can easily burn/harm the paint with a Rotary, do be careful! :(

You may need a more abrasive cut, or maybe best to finish off with something a Medium Pad with Menzerna PF2500 or even M105 if you wanted to. I am only guessing as i have not seen the paint!

CarCareProducts
27-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Maybe next stage is to get a DA RO Kit (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/car_care_products/enthusiast_random_orbital_kit) to correct the paint and bring it up to where you'd like it to be and just use a wax every month or 2 to keep it protected?

I use

Autoglym car shampoo
Meguires clay bar with quick detailer
Meguires paint restorer
Autoglym resin polish
Meguires quick wax

Must be the wax

White car, paint isnt too bad

infurNOS
27-11-2012, 06:05 PM
How do you suggest washing the wash mitt and micro fiber weave towel, in order to retain softness and absorption.

EKVTIR-T
27-11-2012, 06:17 PM
washing machine with omo

lolmclol
27-11-2012, 08:18 PM
washing machine with omo

that's what I've been doing, just don't use fabric softener.

CarCareProducts
28-11-2012, 07:56 AM
that's what I've been doing, just don't use fabric softener.

Liquid wash only, or microfibre specific wash (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/mwash) if you wish to use (safest). Fabric Softener and a Dryer will destroy your microfibres as well so be aware not to use them and a cold wash only to be used.

lolmclol
28-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Liquid wash only, or microfibre specific wash (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint/mwash) if you wish to use (safest). Fabric Softener and a Dryer will destroy your microfibres as well so be aware not to use them and a cold wash only to be used.

crud ... followed that all to the liquid washing powder :-p

Thanks mun, will probably purchase the wash when I have some extra funds aside.

PHO
29-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Will it be fine to use 22ple vx1 to seal headlights after restoring them?

CarCareProducts
29-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Will it be fine to use 22ple vx1 to seal headlights after restoring them?

If you wish, but it would be bit of a waste of money for headlights only i do have to say lol. 30ml will do 1+ cars!

PHO
29-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Yah will be doing the whole car. Just protecting the lense to stop the oxidisation from coming back to quickly. And that seems to last tje longest. Haha.

mocchi
29-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Yah will be doing the whole car. Just protecting the lense to stop the oxidisation from coming back to quickly. And that seems to last tje longest. Haha.

$50 for 20ml
must be liquid gold aaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

can it be used for plastic as well?
my headlights are plastic, not glass.

PHO
29-11-2012, 09:02 AM
$50 for 20ml
must be liquid gold aaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

can it be used for plastic as well?
my headlights are plastic, not glass.

Yeah the ones I'll be doing is plastic. Just wondering since i'll be doing a mates car, and he wants the 22ple + headlights restored, may as well use it for the headlights too.

CarCareProducts
29-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah the ones I'll be doing is plastic. Just wondering since i'll be doing a mates car, and he wants the 22ple + headlights restored, may as well use it for the headlights too.

No. There is paint kit, and a plastic kit. Different coatings for different type of surfaces. So won't bond correctly to the plastics.

CarCareProducts
29-11-2012, 11:18 AM

No. There is paint kit, and a plastic kit. Different coatings for different type of surfaces. So won't bond correctly to the plastics.

PHO
29-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Ohhh I see. What do recommend me using to seal the headlights? Something cheaper :P But long lasting of course. 6+ months

CarCareProducts
03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Use any good sealant or wax. Ideally a UV protective one :)

infurNOS
03-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Which wax do you you sell that are a UV protectant?

CarCareProducts
03-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Which wax do you you sell that are a UV protectant?

I would go a synthetic, like Duragloss 111, or Hard Body from Wolfs Chemicals etc

infurNOS
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I would go a synthetic, like Duragloss 111, or Hard Body from Wolfs Chemicals etc

Is this the same/similar as nu finish 'once a year' polish? Or do you apply this before the nu finish ?

CarCareProducts
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Is mugen the same as autobahn88? :)

Thats the comparison i can give you!

Completely different to what they do, completely different finish.

Body Wrap on a local Sydney Car. (http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712958)

ctx
03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey CCP, I've got some really tough water spots on my windows. They won't come off no matter what. I've tried a glass cleaner, vinegar, Cola (yes, I actually tried Cola) and they still remain there untouched. What should I do or use to lessen them or remove them? It's on the outside surface of the glass, inside is clean.

CarCareProducts
04-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Hey CCP, I've got some really tough water spots on my windows. They won't come off no matter what. I've tried a glass cleaner, vinegar, Cola (yes, I actually tried Cola) and they still remain there untouched. What should I do or use to lessen them or remove them? It's on the outside surface of the glass, inside is clean.

Have you tried a Glass Polish? (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/autoglym/car_glass_polish)

CarCareProducts
10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
How'd you go with the Glass?! :)

curtis265
11-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Do you know of any waxes to use on wheels? Will they help me get brake dust off easily?

CarCareProducts
11-12-2012, 08:23 AM
curtis, go for something synthetic. Reason being is a wax itself being natural carnauba will wear off very very quickly (1-2 weeks) because the heat dispersal coming from your brakes/wheels itself.

Nanolex Rim Sealant (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/nanolex/rim_sealant_kit), 22PLE Rim Sealant (http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/22ple/vm1_rim_and_metal_glass_coating) here could be a great option for your wheels. It wont STOP everything sticking, but it will make washing/cleaning at leave 5x easier for you as not as much cakes on.

Or invest in some bulk wheel cleaner :) 5L!

ctx
12-12-2012, 10:49 AM
How'd you go with the Glass?! :)

Hey CCP, haven't bought it yet haha. I'm gonna make an order for it and Duragloss 111 when my current wax runs out. Any idea how much postage would be for these two? PM if possible? Cheers :)

PHO
12-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Free if you buy before 16th dec and use the code i think.

CarCareProducts
12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey CCP, haven't bought it yet haha. I'm gonna make an order for it and Duragloss 111 when my current wax runs out. Any idea how much postage would be for these two? PM if possible? Cheers :)

$4 Milllllioonnn dolllarrss!

Unsure, you'd have to put in your postcode below to check as unfortunately we don't stalk you (often) enough to know where you are :)

ctx
12-12-2012, 11:01 AM
$11.95 for postage to my postcode. Is what Pho is saying true? Free postage before 16th and a promo code?

CarCareProducts
12-12-2012, 11:10 AM
$11.95 for postage to my postcode. Is what Pho is saying true? Free postage before 16th and a promo code?

See Here! (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?170736-Car-Care-Products-Christmas-Festive-Sales-amp-Free-Shipping-Offers!)

ctx
22-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey CCP!

I tried the Autoglym Glass Polish just now on my rear windshield. Works very well with a random orbital buffer. Absolutely useless by hand however. I found that I had to buff for quite a long time (>5mins) in order to remove those water drop marks. But I'm quite happy with the result. I do have another problem now though; I had these fine scratches in my windows before I got the Glass Polish, and after buffing out the glass they've become somewhat more apparent now that the water marks are gone. They kind of look like swirl marks that you see on neglected paint, only not in circular patterns and just randomly everywhere. Any idea how to fix this?

And thanks a lot for the advice :thumbsup:

CarCareProducts
27-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Hey,

For those marks, it looks like only a new windscreen or otherwise have to deal with it. They were always there, it just seems now that your glass is clearer and you are looking for defects you are noticing these a lot more now.

How old is the car?

ctx
27-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey,

For those marks, it looks like only a new windscreen or otherwise have to deal with it. They were always there, it just seems now that your glass is clearer and you are looking for defects you are noticing these a lot more now.

How old is the car?

Yep definitely. The car is 12 years old. So can't expect the best but so far I'm happy with the results using Autoglym.

My buffer is annoying the crap out of me now that I'm doing the rear-quarter windows. It's a cheap buffer with only one size backing plate and one size pad (240mm). It's far too big for those tight corners and I always end up shaving off many layers off the masking tape I use to cover the edges, which in turn throw up many particles everywhere, which also just makes the compound disappear. It's quite inefficient and I've already used half a bottle. I'm now actually considering getting a DAS6 RO polisher from your store. If I were to get one, would the DAS6 be better or the DAS6-Pro?

CarCareProducts
27-12-2012, 11:39 AM
DAS6 Pro is 850w, and the DAS6 is 500w. Overall finish from both is identical, just the 850w machine gives you the ability to be able to get through it a little quicker i guess. I am all about lazy so the 850w is my pick hahaha :)

But either or is a great step up and choice, and at least you can correct the paint properly. Just ensure you clay prior and finish off with a good wax or synthetic wax if you choose.

ctx
29-12-2012, 11:59 AM
CCP, all the swirls are coming back on my car! I think it might be the car cover I'm using..

Also, what do you know about 'paint protectant' ? Apparently it's like a film layer thing that is applied to the car and protects the clear coat?

DakDak
30-12-2012, 02:12 PM
i got the same problem

PHO
10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Halllllllllllllllo!

So just got a sexy steering wheel.
But the leather is a bit faded. Not black enough to my liking. And in the little creases of the texture of the leather, is becoming whitish.
What do you reccomend to get the leather back to black? Keeping in mind that its a steering wheel and i dont want products rubbing off all over my hands when driving.

Cheers :D

(Looks really gray in pictures due to flash. Is actually pretty dark. I just want more black :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252180_406479352764788_163104355_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/36508_406479346098122_1177876019_n.jpg

No flash with minimal lighting:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/409600_406135562799167_1618502707_n.jpg

EKVTIR-T
10-01-2013, 02:25 PM
cool man, grey type r

match well with grey dash m8

nice work and detail.

PHO
10-01-2013, 02:28 PM
cool man, grey type r

match well with grey dash m8

nice work and detail.

Full ek9 plastics soon to come m8y. Get dat blackness happening inside cabin.

infurNOS
10-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Can i use ordinary car wash for the Foam lance?

CarCareProducts
10-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Can i use ordinary car wash for the Foam lance?

You can, but it won't foam up that much in comparison to Magifoam!

CarCareProducts
10-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Halllllllllllllllo!

So just got a sexy steering wheel.
But the leather is a bit faded. Not black enough to my liking. And in the little creases of the texture of the leather, is becoming whitish.
What do you reccomend to get the leather back to black? Keeping in mind that its a steering wheel and i dont want products rubbing off all over my hands when driving.

Cheers :D

(Looks really gray in pictures due to flash. Is actually pretty dark. I just want more black :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252180_406479352764788_163104355_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/36508_406479346098122_1177876019_n.jpg

No flash with minimal lighting:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/409600_406135562799167_1618502707_n.jpg

Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. Duragloss, lexol, zaino.. :) Should all work quite well! The black, you cannot do much unless you re-dye the whole wheel and it may not match

PHO
10-01-2013, 04:31 PM
So just clean and protect it i guess? Okayyyyy

CarCareProducts
11-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Spot on :) I would be too worried to recommend a steering kit as you may find that it will not match your interior

vampzzz
27-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a pressure washer, what would be your recommendation to wash cars and just normal household cleaning? mainly for washing cars though.

sensei_
02-03-2013, 02:07 PM
wondering if anyone has experience with the Autoglym Perfect Palm applicator pads, and which one they prefer. Foam or microfibre? from what ive read, it seems paste wax seems to work better on foam and liquid better with microfibre.

CarCareProducts
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a pressure washer, what would be your recommendation to wash cars and just normal household cleaning? mainly for washing cars though.

Anything from the $150 mark from Gerni or Karcher would be fine.

CarCareProducts
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
wondering if anyone has experience with the Autoglym Perfect Palm applicator pads, and which one they prefer. Foam or microfibre? from what ive read, it seems paste wax seems to work better on foam and liquid better with microfibre.

We use foam applicators when applying wax. It'll give you the best coverage and most even.

infurNOS
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Hey guys,

I got the Karcher 2.180 from SCA (on sale) - $110. That is all you need for around the house and your car. That cleans my pavers and gets all the dirt off the pegola.

CarCareProducts
04-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I got the Karcher 2.180 from SCA (on sale) - $110. That is all you need for around the house and your car. That cleans my pavers and gets all the dirt off the pegola.

There you go! :)

curtis265
04-03-2013, 09:02 PM
when i wax my car, the it becomes a dust magnet. Any way to avoid this?

dc2screama
05-03-2013, 02:41 PM
^^would also like to no why and how to avoid?

sensei_
05-03-2013, 11:22 PM
could it be static from all that rubbing/polishing that causes the dust to be attracted?

CarCareProducts
06-03-2013, 09:07 AM
when i wax my car, the it becomes a dust magnet. Any way to avoid this?

Apologies for late reply. Was living the dream in the bahamas to realise, no .. still in Sydney!

In all seriousness, the dust can be caused due to a few reasons. Depending on the product you use some have anti-static properties and some do not. It also could be how your drying causing static to generate as well over the paint.

Can i ask what wax/sealant you are using and how often do you re-apply?

sensei_
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
maybe using an antistatic brush will help. I supplied many brushes within the print industry for those who want to reduce static on their work. these work great but not cheap. last brush i sold was close to $250 got a 300mm brush. those bristles are very very soft, so i cannot see it damaging the paintwork.

http://www.microscreen.com.sg/data/PRODUCTS/Machine/Techniclean/images/Anti_static_brush_12_inch.png

curtis265
06-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Wash with cheapo soap, drying with a chamois (i know...)

Applied meguairs cleaner wax with a foam pad and buffing off with a microfibre towel

Just washed it again.. The waxy feel is all gone now :(

CarCareProducts
06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Wash with cheapo soap, drying with a chamois (i know...)

Applied meguairs cleaner wax with a foam pad and buffing off with a microfibre towel

Just washed it again.. The waxy feel is all gone now :(

To be honest, could be the products you may be using.

You know most Duragloss, Einszett, Dodo Juice Car Washes/Waxes/Sealants actually cost you a lot less in the long run. Example, NXT gen wash about $2.50-3 per wash, vs Duragloss @ $1.20 and offers a nicer finish and more lubricity to wash with. And chamois, i won't get into that one haha :)

Try something else maybe? Duragloss 105, 111, even a coat of a nice carnauba wax. Remember a lot of "off the shelf products" will last 1-2 months or say 4-6 washes :(

curtis265
06-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Lol i got a big tub of armorall

r3ckless
12-03-2013, 06:13 AM
I use duragloss and 2 bucket method weekly. If it rains and dirt is on my carm oit comes the karcher abd magifoam! I really like the prodicts ccp offera. However the large microfibre chamois is as good as 2x small microfibre towels from costco....

r3ckless
02-04-2013, 11:12 AM
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/duragloss/aquawax-0

I really enjoyed using the Duragloss concentrate.

See the link above. I'm thinking about using this in conjunction with the final step of drying the car with a MF towel.

Do you have any pictures to show the effect of it?

ALso how do you find best use/outcome with this product?

I can see this product cna be used in either wet/dry conditions, but IMO I believe if the car has quite some water left on it, spraying this on the panels will not see full affect of the product...

Would you reccomending drying the car down so it only has approx 5-10 % left of water on it and then spray this product on to complete the drying process?

CarCareProducts
04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Can't really show you a picture unfortunately as you are basically spraying a product on (Aquawax) on the car whilst its wet. So you would see well, bubbles and water i guess!

Simply use the MF Towel to dry the car off with the product being spread over when you dry. You would say this is more of a 'top up' and on its own lasts about 2-4 weeks usually. Great for the maintenance.

As instructions state, spray on whilst wet, and dry off with the product. Very quick and leaves a very wet look!