PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] aftermarket suspension setup - where to buy in brizzy?

Chris_F
26-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I noticed on an american forum that a company called eibach sells suspension systems including shocks and springs for around the $450 american dollar mark. They are a brand called eibach (not exactly sure on the spelling)... i know some euro owners on here have already lowered their cars and fitted springs and shocks. so my question... where should i go in brisbane to make some inquiries for something like the eibach system???... id only wana spend $1000 at the most installed but dont just want the "look", but also to improve handling.

Usual Suspect
26-02-2005, 07:38 PM
do a search my man, this has been covered before.

You will find that a few euro owners have eibach springs on already, they have made stuff for accords sicne the like of my car.

Chris_F
26-02-2005, 09:48 PM
yea i thought as much... more interested in finding out some brisbane dealers/installers... ive read a fair few threads on what ppl have done just not where they got it from and stuf... i guess ill try searching again :p

PNR888
27-02-2005, 09:47 PM
yea i thought as much... more interested in finding out some brisbane dealers/installers... ive read a fair few threads on what ppl have done just not where they got it from and stuf... i guess ill try searching again :p
Eibach makes good quality springs. it is an European company I believe. My brother has a set of them (spring only) installed to his Lexus IS200, he is very happy with the result.
I think he got them from australia's distributor in Melbourne, and has it installed at City Suspansion Centre at Springwood. I can find out more for you from my bro if you are interest in Eibach.
Another Brisbane member Baboo has his car lowered. I think his was done at Centrax. Am I right Baboo? :confused: So maybe Baboo can give you some help too.

baboo
28-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Chris F,

www.gsad.com.au

I think they carry Eibach springs.

jtboo
28-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Talk to Fulcrum. They are located at Moorooka. Phone number is 3892 9000. They are very friendly and helpful. Even one of their managers own a Euro :D so you can bet your bottom dollar that they will take care of you!

Chris_F
28-02-2005, 11:28 PM
PNR888 if you could ask your brother about he ordered them and what not that'd be awesome. I'm tossing up between the eibach pro-system or sport-system (the latter is a larger drop but costs less - but it might be impracticle)

Thanks for the useful info aswell its hard to know where to start.

I might give fulcrum a call aswell.

Baboo where did you get yours installed and where did you order from qsad?

PNR888
01-03-2005, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=Chris_F]PNR888 if you could ask your brother about he ordered them and what not that'd be awesome. I'm tossing up between the eibach pro-system or sport-system (the latter is a larger drop but costs less - but it might be impracticle)
QUOTE]

Hi Chris F:
My brother searched Eibach's website, he siad there is an aussie eibach site. then contact all the distributors listed on the website via e-mail. He found the one in Melbourne (car shine or Access motorsport, he cant remember which) has best deal. He paid $540 for a set of 4 springs includes post and handling. That's for IS200, only drop 1.5", then have it fitted by City suspension centre at Springwood as recommended by Lexus dealer.

I havn't done the search myself yet. so if you find out the price for Euro 's spring, can you let us know too. Thanx ;)

SSML
02-03-2005, 12:29 AM
yeah, Chris, like my bro said. I emailed all eibach distributor around Aus for quote.
Carshine in Melbourne gave the best price (shipped to my place).$540. (end of 2003)

others including GSA and Fulcrum Morooka quoted me higher prices. (parts only)

I suggest u email and phone around to check current prices.
also check this link for item numbers http://www.eibach.de/frame.inc.php

P.S. I got my spring fitted for $245 including 4 wheel alignment at city suspension at Springwood.
cheers
SSML

baboo
02-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Chris F,

You need to go with Pro kit, Sportsline is just damn too low. you scrape everything at that height.

I ordered & fit my springs from Centrax, but need to do alignment somewhere else.
price is roughly the same as Carshine.

I had my previous car fitted with eibach aswell at GSAD, they were quite good so I recommended them.

PNR888
02-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Chris F,

You need to go with Pro kit, Sportsline is just damn too low. you scrape everything at that height.

I ordered & fit my springs from Centrax, but need to do alignment somewhere else.
price is roughly the same as Carshine.

I had my previous car fitted with eibach aswell at GSAD, they were quite good so I recommended them.

Hey Baboo:
is yours Eibach Pro kit too? Did you change shock absorber too?
How much did you pay for your suspansion mod at Centrax?

Chris_F
02-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks, everyones been a big help with this... i'll have to a chat to all the places that have been mentioned.

I'll go with the prokit then on your advice Baboo. It seems to look like this is goin to cost a packet... say 800 dollars for installed springs and allignment... wouldn't i also need to purchase a camber kit and new shocks? (i heard the stock shocks won't exactly last with lower springs)

I'd only be able to do this if the total was comfortably under 1500... having my doubts now.

PNR888
02-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks, everyones been a big help with this... i'll have to a chat to all the places that have been mentioned.

I'll go with the prokit then on your advice Baboo. It seems to look like this is goin to cost a packet... say 800 dollars for installed springs and allignment... wouldn't i also need to purchase a camber kit and new shocks? (i heard the stock shocks won't exactly last with lower springs)

I'd only be able to do this if the total was comfortably under 1500... having my doubts now.

Have you decide where to get yours done? keep us inform on your progress hey.

Hipsi
03-03-2005, 07:27 AM
I got mine done by Ozzy Tyres at Bradman St. $330 and they used King Spring Low's (from Fulcrum).

baboo
03-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Hey Baboo:
is yours Eibach Pro kit too? Did you change shock absorber too?
How much did you pay for your suspansion mod at Centrax?

Oh I had Eibach Pros. but changed to Zeal coilovers as the Eibachs with stock shocks are not really suitable for track work.

PNR888
04-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Babbo:
How often do you go to track? and which one? and how much? do you have your Semi Slick on all the time? even everyday driving?

baboo
04-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Only goto the track when I have a chance.

Been going to QR, Morgan Park and most recently Darlington Park.
Cost depends on who organise it really. But QR has a set price.

No I don't use semi slicks all the time, I have road tyres. I was running in my semi slicks at the time we met.

Chris_F
26-04-2005, 09:23 PM
The way i understand it... because the eibach prokits arent matched well with the stock shocks the round becomes bouncy. baboo briefly explained that because of the poor match bumps would more easily balance the car... say you go over a speed bump the car may continue in an up and down motion for a good couple of seconds. With coilovers tho or properly matched shocks you could take a speed bump at the same speed and only feel the up and down motion once. so yea i guess at a track the eibachs and stock shocks would have some floors because of how it makes the car easy to unsettle. if that makes sense?

Chris_F
29-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Hey, just letting everyone know that i've contacted the guys at fulcrum in brizzy and was sent the following email -
Just to let you know that we can also supply Koni shocks for your vehicle
as Neuspeed would only be selling of the shelf parts. Also we have just been
appointed the TEIN distributor for Australia and I hope to get in the coil
over kit to suit these vehicles.

Pretty cool info i thought, they can also provide the eibach prokit,
whiteline sway bar and a camber adjustment kit. I know where i'll be going
when i finally get some suspension upgrades.

PNR888
29-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey, just letting everyone know that i've contacted the guys at fulcrum in brizzy and was sent the following email -
Just to let you know that we can also supply Koni shocks for your vehicle
as Neuspeed would only be selling of the shelf parts. Also we have just been
appointed the TEIN distributor for Australia and I hope to get in the coil
over kit to suit these vehicles.

Pretty cool info i thought, they can also provide the eibach prokit,
whiteline sway bar and a camber adjustment kit. I know where i'll be going
when i finally get some suspension upgrades.

Chris, where about in Bne is fulcrum located?
Did they give you a quote for those items described above?
Look like they are quite serious about doing suspansions.

Chris_F
29-04-2005, 08:22 PM
HEAD OFFICE - MOOROOKA

Fulcrum Suspensions, 28-40 Evesham Street,
MOOROOKA 4105, Queensland, Australia

Ph: +61 7 3892 9000
Fax: +61 7 3892 1526
www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au (http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/)
www.superpropoly.com (http://www.superpropoly.com/)

Thats the branch i contacted.

Yep prices were provided straight up:

Eibach Pro Kit $580.00
Formula Coils by Kings $340.00 (set)
Rear camber Kit $328.00
Whiteline 18mm rear swaybar $210.00

2jz
29-04-2005, 10:31 PM
If u r going to spend $800 on springs alone, and the koni shocks will cost u close to $1000, all up u r up for $1800. Wouldn't u be better off getting a set of coil-over from one of the trading at this website? And u get height and may be damper adjustable too. I'm not sure if whiteline has a package for Euro, but if they do, they will work out to be better value. Just my thought, $800 seems awfully expensive for a set of springs. And 200+ for installation is expensive too, considering it really doesn't take that long to do.

Chris_F
30-04-2005, 11:49 AM
yea thats a good point. I'm asking for a quote on the TEIN coilovers to see the price difference. The sprigns are actually 580 as per the previous post but the shocks like you said would be close to $1G. The koni yellows have a bit of height adjustments in them tho and can lower another .5" i'm pretty sure.

I'm just not sure which would perform better - good sprigns and good shocks or a comparabley cheap set of coilovers (comparing to other coilovers)...

If u could provide us with any links of sellers selling coilovers for the euro that'd be great, i've turned up nothing in my few days of searching.